Author Topic: DDR tourney?  (Read 43367 times)

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
DDR tourney?
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2006, 05:56:12 pm »
If it's part of a trick, like a bar hop, then hell yeah, using the bar is definitely all good.  But doing it to simply help with balance is definitely a death wish in an FS tourney.  I also remember the judges mentioning to use the arms and do spins too, as those score bonus points.

As for if there's a bar this time around, that depends entirely on whether or not we get an actual machine this year or not.  That's still way up in the air right now (budget things and all).

What's funny about the whole freestyle thing is that I didn't deliberately start doing it either. I just tried to get fancy every once in awhile if I was familiar with a song, particularly if certain steps were repetitive, and it worked.  It definitely livens up several songs I really like though.

PezCat
Sixty pounds lighter, just as awesome.
2K3-2K7: Various staff, primarily RPGs and Registration
2K12: God only knows...

=^..^=

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
DDR tourney?
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2006, 11:16:33 pm »
Quote from: "Phylicia"
Quote from: "PezCat"
NEVER TOUCH THE BAR!

You could probably find a way to make it look interesting, though :p People bar-hop, swing under the bar, matrix walk... but yeah, I just think people care too much about touching the bar (in general with DDR). There probably won't be a bar to touch in Kumoricon's setup, anyway.

Aww man I really want to get into FSing...

I've focused purely on tech in my time playing DDR (and other such games), and it's totally different from FS. I can feel totally comfortable PAing, but trying to actually dance in DDR, in PUBLIC, takes damn guts that I don't have because I don't feel confident yet :( Last year there was an FS tourney that I helped judged, which wasn't all too impressive (to be honest), but they deserve a lot of credit for going up and doing it. Power to them.

Hmm maybe I'll practice and compete next year XP No one like seriously freestyles in Oregon...
Hey, were you there?
MTJ dominated the Tourney btw.

He got first, I got second, his brother got third, and Matthew Gilliette (whose name I probably spelt wrong) picked up fourth.
The competition was actually not too bad, but the guy I faced in the first round hadn't slept the night before and his game was therefore way off. Dx

Anyway, loads o' fun, even though the tourney wasn't too wonderfully organised; pre-reggin' for next year so I don't have to spend $40. >_<
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>