Author Topic: tomarrow is not one damn dime day  (Read 4129 times)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
tomarrow is not one damn dime day
« on: January 19, 2005, 08:21:10 am »
i read on the stephen king weg site that tomarrow is not one damn dime day where you don't spend and money (not one damn dime) for a few resons
to boycott the bush inogration thing thats going on the same day cuz there spendin milloins(40?) on a party, while there are tsunami victims dying, and troops fighting, and bush spending, basicly to protest the way things are going, and show suport
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Ronime

• Chibi
    • http://www.ronime.net/
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 02:27:48 pm »
i dont  even have money to spend -_-;; but thats even more reason not to spend now >.<
beware the ronime XD

Whats the point in being the director if i cant be evil dictator every once in a while?

http://www.ronime.net

Offline yukimizu

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 06:24:50 pm »
I'm for that! I wonder how many other people are going to do that though...?

Anonymous

WTF does this have to do with Kumoricon or Anime?
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 02:10:32 pm »
Ok, so let's post notes here about upcoming anti-abortion rallies, tax protests, discuss the pros vs. cons of privatization of Social Security, and complain that Boxer, Kennedy, and Schumer have terrible voting records on gun rights. Let's also remember Chappaquiddick while we're on Kennedy. You remember: "Teddy, I'm pregnant but we can cross that bridge when we get to it..."

Take it back to the DU Lounge. This forum is about Kumoricon and anime.

NOW, OTOH, if GONZO were to do a CG parody or arr Prezzident, THAT would be a cool topic and I'd -love- to see a well done and well deserved anime-powered 'roast.'

Offline yukimizu

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2005, 02:27:04 pm »
Does everything on this forum HAVE to be about Kumoricon and Anime? I thought that you could post whatever topic was interesting. And if it caught attention to you enough to comment about it in such a way,,why bother reading it? If you're obsessed with this forum only being about anime and the con, maybe you should only read the posts about that. But please don't flame those who post other topics because you don't think it's right. Yes this forum is for the con, and anime and such, but people are allowed to have OTHER interests other than that..

Sorry, but people complaining when other people speak freely kinda bugs me.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2005, 04:49:51 pm »
Well, technically stuf in the "General Discussion" section can be about anything. Just keep in mind who your fellow forum readers are and why they come here.

As long as things don't get out of hand (like 10 political threads a week or something) I don't think there will be problem with the occasional "off topic" post.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2005, 05:40:41 pm »
I have to say is be careful when speaking of political topics.  I would prefer people refrain from discussing politics as anime attracts people of both sides of all sides.  But if you(or anyone else) do make a political comment, please remember that anime fans doesn't consist of all of the same political group.  I don't mind people going off topic on occasion but politics is one topic that can create some nasty fights and divisions.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline yukimizu

• Chibi
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2005, 08:42:01 pm »
I'm sorry if I seemed harsh. I was slightly, okay more than slightly, bothered by the flaming. I agree with Tom in saying that the occassional off-topic post is okay, and I also agree that having too much on politics can be a bad thing. Since there are so many of us with alot of views.

I have to admit I think I was being fairly hypocrictical, ne? I was flaming, about someone else flaming? lol :shrug:

Anyways, just wanted to say that I'm sorry for overreacting. I do that sometimes.

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2005, 02:34:23 pm »
Bad yukimizu! Just kidding, people get all worked up about all kinds of things. Internet forum board are an easy place to forget how you would talk to a person standing right in front of you. As long as you try to be nice to people in-person or online, getting a lil mad once in a while is okay.
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-