This is awesome, I'm SO excited for next year already! I am planning to attend the AA for my 4th consecutive year.
The Good Points:
* Can have it going any hours you want. - This is by far one of the best parts about this area! I'm such a night owl and so are other con-goers.
* Lots of exposure, people will always be walking by. - Great!
* It's a pretty area. - And looks like we get some windows as well!
The Bad Points:
* You will need to tear down completely every night. - I already do this at every AA I attend, all year long, this isn't a bad thing. I don't trust anyone heh!
* You will need to set up completely every morning. - Again, I'm used to this. Anyone who complains about this, may not realize that it's the safest way to make sure nothing is moved or stolen during the night! This is fine with me. I honestly prefer taking up and setting down, and would love to see others doing the same if only to save themselves the turmoil of having work stolen or damaged. It happens at many cons, EVEN when locked down and security is involved!
1.) Will we get power?
2.) Will we have table skirts? Or is it the booth set up from years prior?
3.) Will the cost be the same?
4.) When can we sign up for a table? I'm ready and willing to do so at anytime. Doing this early on would prevent the fiasco that was this years sign-up.
5.) Will there be preferences of where we can be placed?
6.) Will we need a license next year? We haven't before, but I love to be prepared.
My only concern: Being in a lobby area may lead to people 'hanging out' which can cause a lot of traffic problems. They sit on the floor, or hang around tables and may loiter because of how comfortable the area may seem. This could be a draw back to the choice of location, however if there's staff around it shouldn't be an issue.
In total I've been part of well over 10+ AA's the country over, both massive conventions and tiny ones, so if there's any feedback or suggestions to be needed I'll be there to help however I can =D!
1) Power is part of the plan, yes.
2) I was thinking yes on table skirts, but not bothering with the cloth backdrops and they would not add anything to the space.
3) Yes, the price would be the same under each plan.
4) When people can sign up for tables announcements will be made here and on the front page of the site. If you don't follow forums/websites too often, email relations at the address on the contact page and ask to be put in the 'EX/AA Annoucement List' and you will recieve an announcement via email as well.
5) Some booths will be in more prime areas than others, but this is also true in dealer's halls. I have some ideas of how to manage this. My manager and I will hash out these sorts of details after we have a pipe and drape walkthrough.
6) Let me check on a few things before I answer this one.
As for traffic, we will have our awesome Yojimbo who will be going through our con space.
I do want to point out that this is all still pretty preliminary. I've had this job for a just a couple days and it may be some weeks before I have everything I need to make a final decision. But, for now, the input of all of you is really usefull to me.