Author Topic: Gaming Frusterations  (Read 9737 times)

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
Gaming Frusterations
« on: October 04, 2008, 02:44:50 am »
I looked at a walkthrough when I got stumped and it told me to do something I already had tried....

Anyone else have these similar moments?
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Re: Gaming Frusterations
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 11:35:26 pm »
Any troubleshooter not made by SSG.

SSG's troubleshooters actually work, so they win.

What game's stumpin' ya?  I might be able to help if I've played it.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 05:21:35 am »
If you get stumped, www.gamefaqs.com is a really good place to go. It has ...well... every game for every system >.>

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 04:20:51 pm »
Some of the walkthroughs there suck though. :P

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 04:45:55 pm »
I think its more annoying when try to look for a walkthrough and you can't find any
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 05:08:22 pm »
I've never had trouble with what they have *shrug*
I don't know who would need a walkthrough for a game, though... or why, rather...  generally, games today hold your hand about where to go and what to do.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 06:41:02 pm »
some people rather have a walkthrough hold their hand.  met such a person

personally, I only use them for side quest(where they don't hold your hand much) that I having trouble with or a more refined way of doing it(games were you have many many ways of doing the same thing).
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 11:07:09 pm »
personaly i tend to only use em if im really stuck or something so i rarely buy strat guides.They tend to be helpful for finding every extra item and such. Like you guys have been saying nowadays guides hold your hand through the entire game wich takes all the fun out of it.  Sooo what game ya playing thats got ya stuck?
Team Koga

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 12:53:53 am »
The only time I've ever really been stuck in a game is with the final boss of Dark Cloud.  I can't figure out how to actually beat him.  Haven't bothered to look for a walkthrough for it yet (haven't played it in a few years lol), but I'm sure I will some day. :P

I was having a little trouble with MGA on one level where there was a typo that told me to look for a hidden passage in the northeast when I was actually supposed to look in the northwest.  Got that figured out eventually though.

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 01:19:22 am »

The only time I've ever really been stuck in a game is with the final boss of Dark Cloud.  I can't figure out how to actually beat him.  Haven't bothered to look for a walkthrough for it yet (haven't played it in a few years lol), but I'm sure I will some day. :P

I was having a little trouble with MGA on one level where there was a typo that told me to look for a hidden passage in the northeast when I was actually supposed to look in the northwest.  Got that figured out eventually though.

Metal Gear Acid??    thats what im assuming MGA is?
Team Koga

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2008, 08:36:12 pm »
Yup.

Offline Bob

• Chibi
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2008, 10:56:03 pm »

Same here! on both counts!
If I had've known that people would call me my forum name at the con, I wouldn't of picked something so dumb.

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2008, 10:25:15 pm »
This is a pretty old game, but on Okage: Shadow King you have to fight a bunch of urns before you can fight a boss.  I still haven't beaten that game because those urns get so OLD.
lol peer pressure

Plans:
Kumoricon '11: Catherine (Catherine), Nanami (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
Sakuracon '12: Ryfia (Arc Rise Fantasia), other things

Offline paprika

• Chibi
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2008, 09:38:08 pm »
I got stuck on my third playthrough on Tales of Symphonia well over a year ago about halfway...
Because I had tried everything I could possibly think of, and the walkthroughs I was looking at weren't helping... It was even more frustrating since I'd beaten it twice before, and I had no problems then.
I finally came back to it a couple months ago and easily got unstuck, and realized what I had missed was incredibly obvious...
Which made it really frustrating. I hated the Meltokio sewers, they were annoying.

Also, I've been stuck on Donkey Kong 64 for YEARS because the last golden banana I needed was from the Mario game, and I can not beat that. Period. D:<
So I've given up on beating it on that file...

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2008, 08:38:08 pm »
Back when I was serious about gaming in HS the only game that actually stumped me was act raisor 2

I really loved the first one and was frustrated they took the sim village out in the 2nd, also, they took out leveling up.  So, the game kept getting harder but your char didn't get any stronger.  The last stage was having to fight all the mini-bosses in a row and I just could not pull it off, I tried and tried and tried.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008, 10:23:35 pm »
Yeah, the final boss of Final Fantasy 2 is the same way if you sell the starting weapons.

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 02:19:43 am »
If you go through the Mammon Machine in Chrono Trigger, you got fight the machine plus Queen Zeal plus every boss you've come across so far (because Lavos is a culmination of all of them) plus Lavos outside, then inside armor, then Lavos himself. All in a row.

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2008, 03:57:10 pm »
Here is one

Trying to Play SFIV  on a Cherry stick.
Team Koga

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2008, 11:21:02 pm »
I want to be the guy.

Offline Toxikon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2008, 04:26:47 pm »
I was playing Golden Sun: The Lost Age and couldn't figure out where to go to continue in the area.  I'd thought I'd tried everything, and finally gave up.  Ate dinner, came back, and realized all I needed to do was jump over a tiny gap I thought was uncrossable. >.<
My Kumoricon 2008 photos can be found here.

Secret SakuraCon cosplay progress: 30%

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2008, 06:17:26 am »
The lack of RPGs for Wii

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2008, 01:15:19 pm »
my current gaming frustration is that my PS2 isn't working anymore and I have a bunch of RPGS for it that I haven't gotten to play or want to play more of. Before it stopped working completely it wouldn't read certain games, any games with the purple surface, PS1 games, and some DVDs. I think it's finally dead though, I want a PS2 slim so I can play my damn games!

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2008, 04:27:07 pm »
Before it stopped working completely it wouldn't read certain games, any games with the purple surface, PS1 games, and some DVDs.

This is a bad sign. ;-; My PS2 has been that way for a long time now. I DON'T WANT IT TO DIE! :(
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2008, 05:46:23 pm »
Try not to worry about it too much, I swear mine did that for at least 5 years before it completely died.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2008, 04:24:26 am »
A lot of fats won't read most PS1 games, a lot of DVD's, and most of the discs with Purple, Black, or Blue surfaces.

EDIT: but you can just replace it for $40, so I don't think you should worry too much.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 04:25:03 am by DancingTofu »

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2008, 04:49:25 am »
PS2's only cost $40 bucks? I thought they were $130, I haven't actually looked at one for a long time though.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2008, 04:52:39 am »
Nope.  Right now, refurbished PS2's and XBoxes are $40 at most stores, GameCubes are $30, 360's are $160, and PS3's, Wii's, and handhelds are still expensive. :P

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2008, 05:21:43 am »
I got soulstorm, but I haven't played dawn of war for so long that I was getting my butt kicked on the first mission. Urrgg

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2008, 07:26:47 pm »
Nope.  Right now, refurbished PS2's and XBoxes are $40 at most stores, GameCubes are $30, 360's are $160, and PS3's, Wii's, and handhelds are still expensive. :P

Really? 80

How much for a flat PS2? (thin/flat idk xD) Same?

My PS2 stopped working for a while, and I got frustrated and took it apart ^^ It worked like a charm after I realigned the laser, though I'd only do that if your other option is throwing it away o-o
I've had to do it two more times in the past few years, but it keeps it working at least :x

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2008, 10:38:08 am »
I was stuck trying to beat one stage on Advance Wars Dual Strike on Hard mode.  I completely forgot how long it's taken me but the level and my opponents were so hard it wasn't even funny.  Finally I figured out a strategy that didn't exactly follow the advice they give when you lose a round and it worked.
And if I remember correctly, it took me 60 "days" (rounds in the game) to be that level.

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2008, 09:57:56 pm »
Not being able to hit the orange button on that damn guitar on fast songs. Or trying to play when I am super tired...then the notes get all blurry and mashed up together on the screen :D

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline allstarsniper32

• Chibi
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2008, 03:26:38 pm »
Not being able to hit the orange button on that damn guitar on fast songs. Or trying to play when I am super tired...then the notes get all blurry and mashed up together on the screen :D

lol you sound very mad about it, and speaking of Guitar Hero/Rock Band, I'm still mad that I haven't 5-starred Raining Blood yet! You need like 221,000 points and my highest was 219,000. I shouldn't have stopped when I got that score, oh well.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2008, 07:47:13 pm »
I'm pretty frustrated about the fact that I lost my Diablo 2 characters just as they were getting to a decent level because it took me more than 90 days to clean up enough space on my teeny-tiny hard drive to reinstall it. :/

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2008, 09:06:27 pm »

lol you sound very mad about it, and speaking of Guitar Hero/Rock Band, I'm still mad that I haven't 5-starred Raining Blood yet! You need like 221,000 points and my highest was 219,000. I shouldn't have stopped when I got that score, oh well.

Meh. I get used to it. I'm not hardcore enough to be awesome at GH hahaha

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D: