Author Topic: Operation get in shape for Sakuracon Underway!  (Read 83365 times)

Offline K-Rock-InC

• Bunnygirl
Re: Operation get in shape for Sakuracon Underway!
« Reply #700 on: March 12, 2009, 09:54:28 pm »
Yeah, I work on them off and on, but I should work on remembering to do them too. I slack off way too easy around my house. It's annoying.
This is my life. These are my choices.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #701 on: March 12, 2009, 09:54:58 pm »
tricep dips are where it's at :P

Offline K-Rock-InC

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #702 on: March 12, 2009, 09:57:54 pm »
what're those?

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #703 on: March 12, 2009, 09:59:03 pm »
well then I guess do the strength training stuff. If you eat healthy and what not and from pictures I've seen of you, you are in the perfect weight range. What sections in particular are you tying to work?

Mostly my arms and stomach. I'd like to try and work everything though just so I can get everything looking great. Because in a costumes like Cammy's...there is no room to slack in one area ha ha ha.

well good old fashion push-ups for the arms and back. Lateral raises are good for the shoulders. Bicep curls and triceps dips are also good.
http://www.exrx.net/AnimatedEx/DeltoidLateral/DBLateralRaise.gif
http://www.betterbodz.com/tricep/tricep_dip.html

For the stomach there are a bunch of different types of crunches you can do.

Another important thing to remember is to give your muscles a break. For example, work your arms one day and then the stomach the next giving your arms a break and so on.

first link

Offline K-Rock-InC

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #704 on: March 12, 2009, 10:04:59 pm »
Awesome possum. Danke much.

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #705 on: March 13, 2009, 04:35:00 pm »
I believe I'm not doing too well at this point but I'm not in too bad of shape. I'll still look some what good for scon just not down to the size I want/need to be.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #706 on: March 13, 2009, 04:39:05 pm »
I WILL do arm stuff tonight. I didn't workout yesterday and I am a little upset about it >_>

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #707 on: March 13, 2009, 04:45:12 pm »
oh man I know how you feel. I feel so bad about myself when I don't do my normal exercises. >_> so bad its hard to sleep if I didn't do it during the day. I guess it's my ocd that makes me feel that way.
da/tumblr

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #708 on: March 13, 2009, 06:46:47 pm »
huh.....funny thing, usually if I don't do my workout I am sleeping instead XD

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #709 on: March 13, 2009, 06:56:44 pm »
I haven't worked out since Wednesday...terrible. I need to get back on track, but man, classes are just killing me time-wise lately.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #710 on: March 13, 2009, 06:58:52 pm »
yeah....but I am in the same boat as you Eve ^_^ the last time I worked out was Wednesday and classes are a nightmare right now x.x

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #711 on: March 13, 2009, 07:02:29 pm »
you could just do a few crunches and such. Things you can do without going to the gym, when you dont have time to go to the gym.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #712 on: March 13, 2009, 07:04:24 pm »
Yeah, that's true. I have this thing called The Bean. It's an inflatable rocking-type thing that helps isolate the core and doesn't put so much stress on the neck or back (while doing crunches). I just need to have discipline and get back into doing it daily.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #713 on: March 13, 2009, 07:34:58 pm »
you could just do a few crunches and such. Things you can do without going to the gym, when you dont have time to go to the gym.
yeah that is the plan. I will do some push-ups and a few other things latter ;D

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
« Reply #714 on: March 13, 2009, 09:20:12 pm »
Sounds like a good plan, you guys. ^^  Getting back on track is hard, but so totally worth it. Originally I started out too hard, and paid the price. I had my one "crap day" as I call it today, and intend to get back on a good track tomorrow. No more of these "crap days" for me until my birthday party when I ordered a special cake from Nekopan. =w= <3  Just the feeling of everything inside me is so YUCK. I did get a good long walk in today though. :3

By the way. New discussion: Pilates- they hurt and are a pain, but totally worth it for strengthening muscles for me. What do you guys think?
K-con '11 Cosplays:
NO, Thank You!!Mio (K-ON!!) - 100%
Haruhi Suzumiya (TMoHS) - 100%
Sollux (Homestuck) - 100%
Crystal (Pokemon Crystal Version) - 100%
Don't say "lazy"!Mio (K-ON!) - 100%
Alice (Pandora Hearts) - 100%
Haruhi Fujioka (OHSHC) - 100%

Offline Stevie

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #715 on: March 15, 2009, 05:16:00 pm »
Go to your nearest playground with high enough monkey bars, put your hands up, hang, and twist.

Works out your core.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #716 on: March 15, 2009, 05:47:26 pm »
Alright worked on my arms today. I found the best way to prepare for Cloud. I took weights and held them for as long as I could in the positions I would hold the sword. One of them is straight out then the other is over the shoulder. I did other things on top of that but I really need to make sure that the muscles used for those poses are strong. I would like to take some pictures holding that sword with one hand, and if the sword weighs about 50 pounds.....you get the picture :P

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #717 on: March 15, 2009, 10:27:21 pm »
Am I crazy?
I feel wonderful when I'm sweating everywhere. It makes me feel like all the bad vibes I have are leaving my body. And now I sound like a hippie.

I started working out again after about a week of slacking off (I was working on homework so I suppose it wasn't slacking...). Finals get me too worked up. I was frustrated and ended up almost throwing up. I need to learn how to control my RAGE.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #718 on: March 15, 2009, 10:47:34 pm »
I feel better after working out as well. It helps me relax as well as just flat out feel better. I am still going to work out during my finals this week but I may not next week due to lack of a gym >_>; and possibly work XD

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #719 on: March 16, 2009, 10:55:01 pm »
Huzzah, worked out again today but with a friend. It was pretty awesome. I think if I really put my mind into building more muscles I may be able to fix my knee problem. My muscles are way bigger on the outside of my thighs then the inside so they pull my kneecaps off of the little rivet they should sit in. Kneecaps banging against bone? Very painful.

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #720 on: March 16, 2009, 11:17:13 pm »
I was really bad today and skipped work-out. I will not do it tomorrow though. I will force myself to go.

Sorry to hear about the knees boogie. A little bit of exercise seems like it should help but that might be something you would want to talk with a doctor before hand >_>

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #721 on: March 17, 2009, 01:06:09 am »
So I discovered a few workouts that target the forearms the other day. Been doing those for a couple days, and it rocks. I'm getting immediate results (the kind I actually want) in my forearms. I'm going for the Popeye look (or as I call it, "the Same Kieth Muscle" (ask if you're really curious, haha)).

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #722 on: March 17, 2009, 07:02:36 am »
I've seen a doctor a couple times. They told me it was something else, then told me it was the kneecap thing and told me the only thing I could do was work out that muscle in hopes that it would be strong enough to pull it back. That and ice my knees when they hurt but I would like a more permanent result to it.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #723 on: March 17, 2009, 08:53:52 am »
Ah, sorry to hear about your knee problems. I have torn multiple ligaments and cartilage in both knees, so I have some idea about the pain and continuous problems injuries can have on knees. I've had surgery on one knee, and it still isn't perfect. But that is one thing they advised me to do as well: the best thing you can do is strengthen the muscles around it. I agree though...it is not a very satisfactory "remedy". It would be nice if they could just up and fix these issues permanently.

I am sorry, though. Hope you can figure something out. If you want, I can look up some rehabilitation workouts they told me to do, if you think it would help. They focus on the knees especially, so maybe it could do something.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 08:54:10 am by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #724 on: March 17, 2009, 10:25:13 am »
So I discovered a few workouts that target the forearms the other day. Been doing those for a couple days, and it rocks. I'm getting immediate results (the kind I actually want) in my forearms. I'm going for the Popeye look (or as I call it, "the Same Kieth Muscle" (ask if you're really curious, haha)).

I would love to hear them ::)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #725 on: March 17, 2009, 10:57:10 am »

I would love to hear them ::)

No problem. ^_^

The couple that I have been doing are really simple, but remarkably effective (for me anyway).
Palm Down Dumbbell Wrist Curl
Palm Up Dumbbell Wrist Curl

And also here is a list of plenty more forearm workouts that I am still working my way through, but I can vouch for those first two that I listed. They're good ones.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #726 on: March 17, 2009, 11:08:32 am »
holy cow....wow that is more than enough to get me started XD I need more work on my upper arms than forearms but I will still use those ;D

Offline Hisuji_Bash

• Chibi
« Reply #727 on: March 17, 2009, 02:00:09 pm »
@EveofAbyss
Thats a helpfull site. Thanks!^^ I'm ganna workout ta night!

@nikkiolie
Me too! upper arms and love handles for me. XP

@All
any good food stuff to eat other then salad? I eat pritty healthy, but I want more to choose from, ya know?:3
Soul Eater: Soul (90%)
Metal Gear Solid1: Meryl(20%)
Guilty Gear: Sol(30%)
Baccano:Carol(85%)

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #728 on: March 17, 2009, 02:21:37 pm »
lots and lots of fruit. I like sweet things and fruit is where it's at :P

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #729 on: March 17, 2009, 02:26:51 pm »
Yup, I need to force myself to eat more fruit instead of snacks and junk food.

But tomorrow is Binge Day!!

@EveofAbyss
Thats a helpfull site. Thanks!^^ I'm ganna workout ta night!

@All
any good food stuff to eat other then salad? I eat pretty healthy, but I want more to choose from, ya know?:3

Good luck working on your arms and love-handles! I'll be right there with you (in spirit, of course). I have to work on them also.

And I would suggest granola bars or healthy bars for snacks also. Check the calories per serving, but I think a good snack calorie rate is about 100-150 calories per snack.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #730 on: March 17, 2009, 02:59:11 pm »
If you are talking about stuff other then snacks I find it's good to eat lean protein for dinner and lunch (like chicken and fish) and oatmeal. I eat oatmeal for breakfast everyday and put different fruits in it to change things up. Oatmeal burns up real slow so you're not hungry as much. But eat the old fashioned oatmeal that comes in a can rather then instant oatmeal. Instant oatmeal has a lot of extra sugars in it that you don't need.

Also a good snack that will give you lots of energy are nuts. Yay almonds!

@Eve-
If it's not too much trouble it'd be great if you could tell me those knee exercises. It's always hard for me to find exercises that focus on a certain spot.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 02:59:58 pm by ~boogiepop~ »

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #731 on: March 17, 2009, 04:36:35 pm »
But eat the old fashioned oatmeal that comes in a can rather then instant oatmeal. Instant oatmeal has a lot of extra sugars in it that you don't need.

but I need the extra sugar D: It helps me get through the day :P and it makes it taste better XD

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #732 on: March 17, 2009, 05:14:14 pm »
Upper arm strength has definitely improved. I really need to work on my stomach more. burn more fat. >_>

Anybody know any fat burning/calorie burning workout's central to perhaps my legs and stomach region? actually just any workout, like a total fat burning one would be nice. I don't want to be remarkably fit or tone just slimmer. :/

Sounds like everyone is doing well. or are trying to do so. :3 lol
da/tumblr

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
« Reply #733 on: March 17, 2009, 08:09:34 pm »
There are a lot of good work outs, especially for legs and stomach. I just finished up with a pilates unit in my aerobics class and found that it was a very low-intensity workout, but worked muscles thoroughly. There is a video we went through a couple times to build up our stamina called "Pilates Perfect Body" with five ten minutes segments. One of those is buns and legs while another if abs. It's literally torture at first, but once you get used to it, it becomes fun and is a great workout the entire time. ^^

So far my progress, I've started exercising again, but not going into the obsessive not-eating-hard-working thing I did before. I'm noticing that I'm not as groggy when I do my exercises and makes me feel better (I've been sick lately). By the time summer rolls around, I plan to be in a full daily routine with a good workout and not as crappy food each day.  ;D  I also look forward to warmer, drier mornings so that I can start a morning bike ride in before school. xD   As for next week goes, I have a PLANNED break. Before when I gorged, it was out of the blue. I have a set way to get back into my regular routine as well. ^^
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline Hisuji_Bash

• Chibi
« Reply #734 on: March 18, 2009, 01:14:12 pm »
@nikkiolie
I try to eat one fruit a day... But I dont always... Cuz then I'd have to cut up the whole melon. Lol lazyXP

@EveofAbyss
Yay! I have a spirit work out buddy!^^

@~boogiepop~
Yes, also eat almonds. I need to get more nut variety.

@ all
Thanks for all the ideas! I'll work hard to not eat crud!=3
Soul Eater: Soul (90%)
Metal Gear Solid1: Meryl(20%)
Guilty Gear: Sol(30%)
Baccano:Carol(85%)

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #735 on: March 18, 2009, 02:41:49 pm »
WOOO! FEEL THE BURN!!!! I feel so much better today for working out. My arms are officially dead. It is hard to lift them XD

On top of that I plan on doing some more stuff to them :P I was going to try the exercises you posted eve.

But today was a good workout day. I did about 45 minutes of cardio, 20 minutes on this high knee machine that kills me (I normally do 30 minutes but not working out for a week kept me from doing that) then 25 on the treadmill at a very fast walk (about 4.5 miles an hour). After that I did 30 minutes of weight lifting mainly focusing on my arms :P

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #736 on: March 18, 2009, 04:03:37 pm »
Oh lordy! That's a lot of working out nikkiolie. I wish I had that much time to work out. I only usually have enough time to go run for 30 minutes after work, school and homework everyday.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline K-Rock-InC

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #737 on: March 18, 2009, 05:07:41 pm »
It was SO fantastic out today!!

I didn't have PE (thankfully. I would have been crying about having to be inside playing badminton... xD) so when I got home I played with my soccer ball and my dogs for about fifteen minutes or so... But I was wearing black skinny jeans, so I came inside to change into shorts, and ended up getting distracted by cleaning the kitchen... XD

YAY FOR PRODUCTIVITY!
Oh! and I learned I weigh 115 (again) and I've somehow managed to lose 3 pounds since December... Haha, yay for... Um, good metabolisms? Yeah, that works.

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #738 on: March 18, 2009, 05:33:31 pm »
I had a good walk home today. sunny out, plenty of water. YUP :3.

I think I'm doing well. I cut down on my snacking and I've upped my work out regimen, my path seems to be going smoothly. I'll be completely ready by k-con. hopefully I'll lose a few more pounds by s-con though.  ;D

@KRI
man I love soccor! it's so much fun and is a great work out. I wish my dog wasn't so old though that he couldn't play with. :/
da/tumblr

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #739 on: March 18, 2009, 06:04:20 pm »
Oh lordy! That's a lot of working out nikkiolie. I wish I had that much time to work out. I only usually have enough time to go run for 30 minutes after work, school and homework everyday.

it's finals week for me and I only had one final today so the rest of the day I just had to study for my other finals. I had plenty of time :P

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
« Reply #740 on: March 18, 2009, 08:17:32 pm »
It was sooo nice out today! <3  I took my time walking home because I wanted to enjoy the weather so much. xD  I would have ridden my bike, but I didn't look to see what the actual temperature was until about six, so instead I played some DDR on Expert for about an hour and a half. Very fun and burned five hundred calories off like I do daily. xD (Not counting my walks and aerobics.) Also eating habits are better again. ;D
K-con '11 Cosplays:

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #741 on: March 18, 2009, 08:30:32 pm »
OMG eve those exercises really burn XD I bet my arms will be sore tomorrow x.x

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #742 on: March 18, 2009, 08:51:29 pm »
@Kagome-
I friggin' love DDR for a workout. I used to play 5 days a week at the arcade but I don't get to do it as much anymore. Maybe if the Portland DDR group got together more often I would D:

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #743 on: March 18, 2009, 11:13:38 pm »
OMG eve those exercises really burn XD I bet my arms will be sore tomorrow x.x

Yeah, haha. I love them because you can really feel the effects pretty instantaneously (and I like instant satisfaction with working out).

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #744 on: March 19, 2009, 08:17:52 am »
after a good nights sleep the only thing that is sore is my lower back :P Damn me and my working out too much, I never get sore -_-

Offline K-Rock-InC

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #745 on: March 19, 2009, 06:49:14 pm »
I get such a workout when me and my badminton partner (we're playing doubles now) have no one to challenge, because I play against him and he makes me run to get the birdies and really work at hitting them back. It's annoying, but then I remember that it's useful... xD

Offline Faaedab

• Sailor Scout
    • My myspace
« Reply #746 on: March 31, 2009, 09:18:12 pm »
hey, im happy i found this thread, im in the same situation but im going for Reno. anyone in the vancouver area that wants to work out together?
Working on my Reno cosplay. my hair is getting close to being long enough already w00t.

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #747 on: April 01, 2009, 07:35:15 pm »
I'm failing so badly right now. T_T

I need to totally cut down on my cal intake...it's bad. I'm not really gaining but I'm not losing anything. ANYTHING. and it sucks. I need to do a exercise work out every day.

@Faaedab
I'd join but I live in portland and don't have to best means for transport. :/ and I don't even know what we'd do.
da/tumblr

Offline Faaedab

• Sailor Scout
    • My myspace
« Reply #748 on: April 01, 2009, 09:22:03 pm »
@tofu what part of portland? if anything i can grab my friends bike and we could ride around portland for a few hours, jog for a bit, a few of my friends who have gotten in shape have told me crunches, lunges, situps and the like are amazing to help as well. i have no problem venturing down to portlandia every so often.
Working on my Reno cosplay. my hair is getting close to being long enough already w00t.

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #749 on: April 01, 2009, 09:49:25 pm »
@faa
lol really? well I live in the clackamas area right next to Milwaukee but I still consider it Portland. I could get my bike as well, but I'd want to wait a bit since well s-con's right around the corner and the weather is still really crappy. I'm fine with walking in the rain but not jogging or riding my bike. >_<;; lol

and I do crunches everyday I just need to get more exercise in my regiment for everyday. :3
da/tumblr