Author Topic: NEW FMA Anime !!!!!  (Read 4088 times)

Offline KitaTOD

• Oni
NEW FMA Anime !!!!!
« on: September 09, 2008, 07:35:11 pm »
Earlier today read about a new FMA anime that's coming out in 2009 sometime and i guess its officially confirmed. Yata!!!!!!!!!!! 待つことができない

oslapedo

Re: NEW FMA Anime !!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 08:03:57 pm »
I already knew about it, but woot! Hopefully it'll follow the manga more closely this time ;)

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 10:37:55 pm »
I <3 FMA.
Yay for good anime. I just hope that the storyline lives up to the first series.
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 02:10:37 am »
I already knew about it, but woot! Hopefully it'll follow the manga more closely this time ;)

I wish they'd just start from where the anime and the manga diverged.  Though, I doubt that will happen. 
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 05:14:33 am »
whaaaaa...? that's awesome! *ponders what it will be like*

let's all meet at icicle inn!

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 06:40:05 pm »

I wish they'd just start from where the anime and the manga diverged.  Though, I doubt that will happen. 
From what I've heard this is exactly what they are doing.

Kind of like how Hellsing Ultimate is.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 08:57:22 pm »
Is it a continuation after the first series or is it a brand new storyline?

I loved the series but wasn't much of a fan for the ending.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 08:21:41 am »
I personally loved FMA, the ending and all. Sure, it was pretty heartrending, but I think it worked. I have only now begun to read the manga, so I don't know exactly how or where the anime and manga diverged, but I imagine it should be pretty cool to have the anime in sync with the manga. That's always nice. Hopefully they just start from where it's different, it seems like a waste to redo the whole first half or so of the anime if it would be exactly the same story.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 10:34:08 am »
I personally loved FMA, the ending and all. Sure, it was pretty heartrending, but I think it worked. I have only now begun to read the manga, so I don't know exactly how or where the anime and manga diverged, but I imagine it should be pretty cool to have the anime in sync with the manga. That's always nice. Hopefully they just start from where it's different, it seems like a waste to redo the whole first half or so of the anime if it would be exactly the same story.
I think it was somewhere close to after-
(Highlight here for spoiler just in case --->) Greed's death (End hightlight area)
when the anime and manga began to part ways.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 10:34:36 am by Negima »

Offline Teuvan

• Sailor Scout
    • Blogspot page.
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 11:45:00 am »

They should start from the beginning. Even though the first half of the anime wasn't as bad as the second half, it was still quite filler-filled and didn't do a good job of presenting a lot of things. To me, the Fullmetal Alchemist anime is a butchery of the manga, and this comes after having read the manga long after seeing the anime.
You've been among winebibbers and riotous eaters of flesh, haven't you?
I admit I told you to sell your body, but I did only mean your organs. - Excel

oslapedo

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 04:11:12 pm »
I think it was somewhere close to after-
(Highlight here for spoiler just in case --->) Greed's death (End hightlight area)
when the anime and manga began to part ways.
It was before. But if you want to get really technical the anime had plenty of material, even in the first few eps that weren't in the manga, and it had a weird timeline to start off with : D

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 10:38:13 pm »
Well, obviously I am just going to have to read the manga. I am, but it will probably take a while. Even when I do read it, I don't think it will change the way I see the anime. I like it way too much already, heh. And it all made great sense to me. Even if it is different from the manga, it seems like they made changes that work in the entity that the anime is (assuming that the anime and the manga are two separate creations and not to be held next to each other, in a way).

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline garfieldelric

• Chibi
    • Garfield's website
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 10:41:17 pm »
Knew that. I even announced it to an Ed cosplayer- shows ya how much in the know I am. :D

Anyway, I hope this new series lives up to its success as the previous series did.

A proud attendee of Kumoricon and SakuraCon.

Offline samalam

• Cabbit
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2008, 08:41:13 pm »
awsome!
but the manga and the anime are differnt with some of the characters. do ya think there just ganna copy the first part and exsculde them?
kumoricon-09
marshmello fuu~

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
    • http://mistresslegato.deviantart.com
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2008, 04:50:30 pm »
Does anyone else just get the feeling they're milking this series for more money because it was so popular?  I
sort of wish they'd come up with a new anime/story.

Let's pray it's not another ridiculous FFVII cash cow XD
Demon nurse, la la lalalalalalala, Demon Nurse . . .

oslapedo

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2008, 09:01:24 pm »
I don't think that's what it is. I think maybe the FMA animation studio is just going to make us manga fans very happy ;D