Author Topic: Wapanese for Weeaboos  (Read 4466 times)

Offline Ayumu

• Cabbit
    • My LJ. Friends-Locked cause I'm a noob : (
Wapanese for Weeaboos
« on: September 03, 2008, 10:11:09 pm »
To everyone who came, thank you so much for supporting us!  :D  If anyone has any comments, questions, or feedback, please post here!
Co-host of "I'd Just as Soon Kiss a Wookiee: A Star Wars Panel" and "Wapanese for Weeaboos"

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
    • An LJ that DOESN'T have locked entries?!
Re: Wapanese for Weeaboos
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 10:13:53 pm »
OMG YOU MADE A TOPIC.

I was REALLY happy with the turn out!! Everyone was so enthusiastic! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH :D
Anakin, you're breaking my heart if you don't come to "I'd Just as Soon Kiss a Wookiee: A Star Wars Panel" at Kumoricon!

Offline Architechnik

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 03:49:35 pm »
That was rather fun, although I wish there were an eject button on those seats.  Some of the audience were rather obnoxious. ;)
I'll be starting Jap-1 this year, so it was a fun introduction....

LOL "Time to Die or 4 O'Clock?"
"I was not! I'm an adult."
"That fact that you say you're an adult just proves that you're still immature."

Offline Ayumu

• Cabbit
    • My LJ. Friends-Locked cause I'm a noob : (
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 04:07:48 pm »
That was rather fun, although I wish there were an eject button on those seats.  Some of the audience were rather obnoxious. ;)

Thanks, I'm really glad you enjoyed it  :)

Regarding the obnoxious audience members... I absolutely agree with you! This panel always seems to attract people who are obnoxious and act like they're the panel hosts, or talk the whole time! *laughs* Sorry about that. I wish we could figure out a way to solve that problem...

Good luck with your Japanese class  :)
Co-host of "I'd Just as Soon Kiss a Wookiee: A Star Wars Panel" and "Wapanese for Weeaboos"

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 04:20:32 pm »

Thanks, I'm really glad you enjoyed it  :)

Regarding the obnoxious audience members... I absolutely agree with you! This panel always seems to attract people who are obnoxious and act like they're the panel hosts, or talk the whole time! *laughs* Sorry about that. I wish we could figure out a way to solve that problem...

Good luck with your Japanese class  :)

I'm so glad you enjoyed it!!  : D

Ugh, so true!! I appreciate people being enthusiastic, but really, if they want to lead a panel or interject ALL the time then I'd appreciate it if it wasn't OUR panel ^^;;

Nice! Where are you starting Japanese at??

Shi-ji desu!! Time to die :D
Anakin, you're breaking my heart if you don't come to "I'd Just as Soon Kiss a Wookiee: A Star Wars Panel" at Kumoricon!

Offline Architechnik

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 04:25:28 pm »
I'm attending SOU, way down here in Ashland.  Although after going to Portland again, I've set my sights on transferring to PSU next year to finish up my second degree (mathematics).  I'm not quite sure about housing, though.  :-\  And I hate dealing with FinAid.
"I was not! I'm an adult."
"That fact that you say you're an adult just proves that you're still immature."

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 03:55:41 pm »
Well there was one guy that talked really loud and kept interrupting who I didn't appreciate. 

However it was cool, last year the intro to Japanese panel host didn't show and it actually was run by a couple staffers on the fly and one guy that was a native speaker that just showed up by chance. 
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 09:35:42 am »
Well there was one guy that talked really loud and kept interrupting who I didn't appreciate. 

However it was cool, last year the intro to Japanese panel host didn't show and it actually was run by a couple staffers on the fly and one guy that was a native speaker that just showed up by chance. 

OH YEAH. That guy. It seems like someone like that ALWAYS shows up at our W4W panels. If you couldn't tell, Ayumu and I were getting prettttty frustrated with him!

But I'm glad it seems you enjoyed it!! ^__^ We're always nervous about our more "Srs" panel