Author Topic: Best place to get wigs?  (Read 7015 times)

Offline Kamisan

• Sailor Scout
Best place to get wigs?
« on: August 26, 2008, 07:54:51 pm »
Probably for next year. If I don't get one soon its useful for later. Where can I get a good quality yet on the cheaper side wigs?

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
Re: Best place to get wigs?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 08:09:04 pm »
I would say try cosworx.com
KumoriCon 2012

Offline Kamisan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 08:31:20 pm »

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 08:48:00 pm »
Amphigory.com, as well.
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 09:07:44 pm »
If it's a natural color, Wig Land in Portland has really good quality wigs, for about the same price as the online stores do. I got mine for 49.99$, which after shipping, is pretty much about the same.
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Kamisan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 09:27:20 pm »
Thanks a lot XO

I knew about Cosworks but I wanted more variety... *swimming in happiness*

Offline Chek

• Chibi
    • Cheklov's Stupidblog
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 09:31:41 pm »
And there is always the chance you'll get lucky on ebay...that's what I did this year.

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 09:34:25 pm »
Amphigory.com, as well.

I bought my wigs for the upcoming con from Amphigory and I'm satisfied with them. :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 09:35:23 pm by totemo_oishii »

Offline misamisa

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 11:27:37 pm »
Amphigory.com, as well.

I bought my wigs for the upcoming con from Amphigory and I'm satisfied with them. :)

ditto that, all three of mine this year are from Amphigory.
They're pretty natural-looking too, I'd wear them out.  XD

Last year, I bought my two wigs from cosplaywig on Ebay.  http://myworld.ebay.com/cosplaywig/.  They have some amazing colors.

Haven't purchased from Cosworx yet, so I can't give a personal opinion, but I know they're a very popular site.

I love wigs, they can totally make a costume! :D
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 11:28:35 pm by misamisa »
k-con '09: Creed (Black Cat); Euphemia (Code Geass); Ichimaru (Bleach); Takano (Higurashi no Naku koro Ni)

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
    • http://www.cosplaylab.com/search.asp?keyword=Lillian+Sullivan+&category=member&x=8&y=6
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 12:17:44 am »
yeah ive gotten quite a few wigs from amphigory.  they are really quite nice, and for most things arround 30-35 bucks.

the only thing is they are located in canada, and i know they do thier invintory in kinda a strange way, and sometimes end up having to special order something for you since they dont keep everything in stock all the time. so its not all that fast alot of the time.

but yeah, wig land is really good if youre looking for a natural color, actually when i was there a couple of days ago they had a bunch of stuff on sale.

they also have a small selection of "party"color wigs, and dreding...fiber stuff.  i used it to make the ponytail on this wig.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/pinkrandomattack/midnawig1.jpg?t=1219821417
Commissioning again!
Props, wigs and costumes.
twilighsewmurai@gmail.com

custom Amigurumi also available. (etsy shop coming soon)

Offline lit by twilight

• Cabbit
    • LiveJournal
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 10:36:10 am »
I picked up a pretty awesome wig this year for my cosplay from ebay.com, because I knew a couple friends who used it for them. It turned out really perfect -- though that's because it's a natural color. I haven't tried to look for any in bright, rainbow-y colors. And my wig was under $20, which is impressive for how great they look. Only downside is the majority of them are shipped from Hong Kong, so you gotta wait a little for them to arrive in the mail. Took about 2-3 weeks for me and I was almost afraid it wouldn't get here on time, but it did. :3

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 10:47:35 am »
Ebay and Hong Kong are my wiggie gods!!! XD
Secrety secrets!

Offline Kurosaki.Isshin

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2008, 07:32:20 pm »
I recomend going the the Halloween Warehouse infront of the Fred Meyers and near the Beaverton Transit Center. Thats where i got my wig ;D
Cosplays for K-con

Saturday - Kurosaki Isshin - Bleach
Sunday - Dr. Franken Stein - Soul Eater
Monday - Dr. Franken Stein - Soul Eater *Knight in Team Red*

Offline sushiglomper

• Cabbit
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2008, 04:26:47 am »
IF YOU LIVE IN PORTLAND- I HIGHLY RECOMMEND:

Mid-Kays on Martin Luther KIng blvd.  Many colors, dyes, weaves----anything.  Any pretty damn affordable.  They used to have contacts too- but stupid laws forbid it now :-(  If you have wig emergency- there are two mid-k store on MLK blvd.  Go- have joy. no shipping required.

Offline Toxikon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2008, 08:04:06 pm »
Unfortunately, they don't have a website, but I got my wig this year from Lacey Costume Wigs.  They're in NYC, but we ordered mine through a local costume shop.  Lacey has wigs in several costume catalogues, and you might be able to order them straight from NYC.  They're extremely affordable (the one I got was only around $12) and really good; at least one girl at the con thought it was my real hair.  I don't know how much of a selection they have, as I found one that would work for me pretty quickly, but they're worth looking into.
My Kumoricon 2008 photos can be found here.

Secret SakuraCon cosplay progress: 30%

Offline misamisa

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 02:17:34 am »
Get your butt to cosworx now, because they have some wigs on sale for $12, $17 & $22.  The sale's supposed to go until at least 5pm Pacific time tomorrow (Friday, 9/05.)

Since I don't know what I'm going to cosplay in the future, it's hard to pick out wigs now, but at those prices, I'll probably pick up at least a few that I like, whether I use them for a costume or not.  :D
k-con '09: Creed (Black Cat); Euphemia (Code Geass); Ichimaru (Bleach); Takano (Higurashi no Naku koro Ni)

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2008, 02:38:04 am »
I got my wig (see sig) from God Save the Queen Fashions. It was not cheap by any stretch of the imagination ($80 after shipping), but the quality was pretty top-notch.

Additionally, due to a misunderstanding from the faded coloring of the image I sent them, they made the wig in the wrong color... BUT... they sent me photos before shipping it, so I could tell them what I thought. When I pointed it out, they remedied the problem by remaking the wig and express shipping it in time for the convention. If that isn't excellent customer service, I don't know what is. :)

GStQF is on the east coast. If you want something closer and not mail order, I've had a shop recommended to me: Wells Wigs in Beaverton off of 217. I haven't bought from them, but I've had a look at their wigs, and they do both normal styles and costume styles using high-quality wigs. They have unnatural hair colors, too, such as green and purple. Not sure about their prices, but check 'em out if you want a styled wig and you live in or near Beaverton.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 02:45:59 am by Radien »
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2008, 04:12:47 am »
I thought your wig looked nice steve :)
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.