Author Topic: Kumoricon Personals  (Read 5432 times)

Offline stuntdouble

• Oni
Kumoricon Personals
« on: September 04, 2008, 05:50:35 pm »
  Hi, I had a blast at Kumoricon and can't wait to come back next year, to say nothing of the hopeful minievents.  My only regret, and the reason I signed up here, was because I missed out on asking someone to dance.  I've been looking around here and thought maybe some others at the Con had the same issue pop up, figured maybe this would work.

So I was hoping to find someone I saw at the masquarade ball, a young woman with what looked like a staff badge.  She was in a blue gown, carrying a flower, wandering around and was one of the only people not wearing a mask.  Left before I could ask her for a dance, was hoping I could ask at the next one. :)

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
Re: Kumoricon Personals
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 06:04:15 pm »
Wait, folks in there were wearing masks? Cause I went in there three times to tell a hundred people to put their masks back on...

Offline Horse-Man

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 06:10:40 pm »
I got 2 of the 4 dances I had previously arranged, not due to being a space-case, but because I couldn't find the ladies with which I was supposed to dance. It's a good thing though, because as it turns out, I suck at dancing.
I'm Horse-Man

oslapedo

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 06:16:20 pm »
Wait, folks in there were wearing masks? Cause I went in there three times to tell a hundred people to put their masks back on...
Sorry Tanis! : D

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 06:38:46 pm »
I only danced with a few people. was trying really hard to get people to dance with my friend instead since it was her first con and she's not too good with guys...neither am I. on a different note. I remember the woman your talking about but I don't know her so I couldn't give you much more info then that. sorry :-\.

I do have a request for those that read this though. does anyone know one of the Ichigo's;the shorter one with a homemade hollow mask kind of like it's made out of paper mache? I never got to see him with his mask off and I danced with him last year. I want to make it my goal every year to do so. :3
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 07:21:42 pm »
If you missed out on asking someone to dance FEAR NOT

there is a swing dance for FREE this saturday in tigard.

http://westsideswing.com/index.php?option=com_events&task=view_detail&agid=19&year=2008&month=09&day=06&Itemid=59

Starts at 7:30 with a free dance lesson.

PS.  Thanks for the dances Gina :D
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 11:33:46 pm »
masks were too tight and didn't have good visability plus on top of it all it was dark! plus low mask count but that was the least of MY problems
++Wooper++Wooper++Wooper++

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 02:22:18 am »
I didn't get to ask girls to dance with me either, and when I did, they seemed more concerned with the fact that I was winning than the fact that I'm a really cool guy with lots of redeeming qualities.

Yes, I'm talking about DDR.  It's the only way I can get girls to dance with me.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 02:09:07 pm »
alot of people r too shy >.< i think speed dating was a good idea eventhough it was over populated and not alot of females i guess... the best option in my oppinion is when its a open dance, no masks, go up to everyone you think you'd like hanging out with and say "dance with me?" if you dont get a firm yes/sure don't make it feel akward run to the next person!

4k people at the con, you should at least be able to find a friend!

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline Deviant Spider

• Chibi
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2008, 03:08:30 pm »
alot of people r too shy >.< i think speed dating was a good idea eventhough it was over populated and not alot of females i guess...

Speed dating made its first appearence this year and there were LOTS of issues with it. (I ran it) Hopefully it will be better in the future. Unfortunatly there will probably always be a shortage of females but at least maybe next year there will be actual rectangle tables insted of round ones. It was madness in there. We will also need to have a special area for those that are Gay/Lesbian as that didnt work as well as we would have hoped. We tried though! First year is always a little rough.
2008 Adult Content Coordinator
2009 Adult Content Coordinator
Onyxspider@gmail.com

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2008, 03:09:58 pm »
Oh, who was that girl that I was playing Tetris Evolution on the 360 with?! Best [classic] Tetris player I've seen so far! She managed to win 3 or 4 times out of ... 20 or so. Still, I have to say that's miraculous, but I never asked her name T_T
Not giving up, even after getting beat over and over and over again .... Now THAT'S attraction! ^^

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2008, 04:47:51 pm »
Speed dating made its first appearence this year and there were LOTS of issues with it. (I ran it) Hopefully it will be better in the future. Unfortunatly there will probably always be a shortage of females but at least maybe next year there will be actual rectangle tables insted of round ones. It was madness in there. We will also need to have a special area for those that are Gay/Lesbian as that didnt work as well as we would have hoped. We tried though! First year is always a little rough.

I got really curious after hearing about speed dating, I might try it out next year lol.

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008, 11:14:55 pm »
I think alot of the people we're put off of the speed dating because of the bad things that could happen...

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2008, 01:36:23 pm »
I saw a line and asked the people in it what it was for and had a guy tell me "this is the line for speed dating...we have enough guys"  I thought that was pretty funny
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline Deviant Spider

• Chibi
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2008, 03:15:15 pm »
I think alot of the people we're put off of the speed dating because of the bad things that could happen...

Just curious but what kinds of bad things were people fearing? We kept it pretty calm in there. Just curious. :)
Onyxspider@gmail.com

Offline Horse-Man

• Cabbit
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2008, 03:25:56 pm »
It doesn't seem to me like too much bad could happen in speed dating, though on the same coin, it doesn't seem like too  much good could happen either.
I'm Horse-Man

Offline Acheron

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2008, 06:04:15 pm »
 :D The dance? I mostly boogied with my friends in a funk-circle, thought I tried to ask the Aperture Science girl to dance and failed miserably... Whether it was the fault of the GLaDoS she had or my bad dance skills is up in the air. /swt

MAN IT WAS FUN THOUGH. I wanted to dance with the Ganondorf cosplayer; I saw him kissing the hand of the girl he was with and just fangirled out. What a gentleman! Then I realized that might have been his girlfriend and was all "Gee, maybe it wouldn't be such a good idea to ask him." D:>

Speed dating was 18+, wasn't it? If it's still around in, ah... Two years, I'll go and bring the girl count up by one! (December birthday = fail)

OH! Was the pretty Vexen cosplayer at the ball?! @wwww@;; I'd probably drool all over her, but man, I'd have loved to dance...
Kumoricon 2014:

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2008, 06:10:39 pm »
Is the speed dating actual speed dating or just expected as a funny haha stay in character thing?

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2008, 11:17:32 pm »

Just curious but what kinds of bad things were people fearing? We kept it pretty calm in there. Just curious. :)

Not saying people are shallow buuuut getting sat with someone you REALLY don't want to get to know but they think your the most interesting person in the world lol... ending up in discomfort and probable heartbreak. I think females are more conscience about that (but what do i know i'm a guy)... maybe you peoples do it without this chance to happen but people don't know the details

I didn't end up going cause i think i'd take all the ladies away (ROFL  ;D) but really, i was just put off by the long line, and probable overcrowdedness

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline stuntdouble

• Oni
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2008, 12:19:19 am »
well I'd guess there was a concern of matching adults and kids together if it wasn't 18+.

still no luck on my end but is anyone else looking for someone?

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2008, 11:18:57 am »
being security I didn't get much time to stop and stare or really visit many events. This convention had more then its share of lovely ladies. The one that still sticks in my mind tho was this blonde girl outside the dance who kept doing little dances of her own in what I can only describe as very well done black lingerie (mind u she was within dress code, and that's not just from a guys point of view) but I never did get her name.

Also a very sweet redhead who kept traveling around with an L cosplayer. she was sooo sweet but shy. It was a pleasure talking with her yet again no name LOL.
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline Deviant Spider

• Chibi
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2008, 01:13:52 pm »
Is the speed dating actual speed dating or just expected as a funny haha stay in character thing?

We said to start with that it was all for fun "get to know" other people. People could stay in character if they really wanted but I dont think any did. I got a lot of people saying just how fun it was to talk to other con goers that they see in the hallways.

yes it was 18+ as I wouldnt want some 14 year old to be talking to a grown adult about some of the topics that 'might' be said. It was all just for safety reasons. If someting bad happened and a youth said "I met him/her at the speed dating panel" it could be bad.

There was no kissing, no holding hands (from what I saw) so it was pretty tame just "Hi, my name is? What anime do you like? etc"

Pretty tame.
Onyxspider@gmail.com

Offline fuuwindgoddess

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/orihimeichigo
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2008, 03:32:39 am »
being security I didn't get much time to stop and stare or really visit many events. This convention had more then its share of lovely ladies. The one that still sticks in my mind tho was this blonde girl outside the dance who kept doing little dances of her own in what I can only describe as very well done black lingerie (mind u she was within dress code, and that's not just from a guys point of view) but I never did get her name.

Also a very sweet redhead who kept traveling around with an L cosplayer. she was sooo sweet but shy. It was a pleasure talking with her yet again no name LOL.

Would the redhead happen to be Cosplaying a Bleach Character by the name of Orihime, with a orange Wig not a red one, and the girl that was direst like L was caring a small Plushie of L with her, if so that would of been Me.
ICHIGO CUP OF COFFEE!!!

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2008, 04:11:01 am »
Just about to go to work.