Author Topic: Crossplay Bathroom?  (Read 43390 times)

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
Re: Crossplay Bathroom?
« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2008, 12:17:31 pm »
rather then look at this from the point of view of the request, I am going to look at it from the point of logistics.

1 bathroom per floor (in con space)
4000+ attendees

is it really advisable to set one of these aside all for a small select crowd?

I was wondering the very same thing.
 I stick with my idea of just going to your hot room.  Yea, it may be far but it's your choice and  sometimes you have to make 'sacrifices' to get something you really want.

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2008, 12:26:57 pm »
rather then look at this from the point of view of the request, I am going to look at it from the point of logistics.

1 bathroom per floor (in con space)
4000+ attendees

is it really advisable to set one of these aside all for a small select crowd?

I was wondering the very same thing.
 I stick with my idea of just going to your hot room.  Yea, it may be far but it's your choice and  sometimes you have to make 'sacrifices' to get something you really want.

I agree with Kylite.  But, at the same time it is the duty of the con to make sure that our attendees feel safe and welcome.  Right now, I can't really say/promise much.  Can we pls give the topic as a whole a bit of a rest until after we have a new board and a layout for the hotel?  Please?  We higher ups are pretty much hamstrung until then.  Prog may be unopposed, but Ops also gets a say in this and Ops has many people running for it. 

The people who really need to deal with this CANNOT do so yet ... partially because we don't know who they are. 

If the Family bathroom idea works out, I think that's great.  Is allows space for cosplayers without disallowing other attendees.  Again, we can't move on this yet. 
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #102 on: October 05, 2008, 05:50:07 pm »
@blackjack
maybe, but there are non con goers using the hotel.   and there is the sad fact there are few con goers that won't be civil about it if they dislike it.

They can suck it up. If they can't be civil, that's why we have security.

I notice this thread seems to be about the reactions of those around the affected people rather than the affected people themselves, and again I repeat that's why we have security.

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #103 on: October 05, 2008, 06:09:35 pm »
@blackjack
maybe, but there are non con goers using the hotel.   and there is the sad fact there are few con goers that won't be civil about it if they dislike it.

They can suck it up. If they can't be civil, that's why we have security.

Ah..I missed this one. Seraph, you seem to have the idea that all people are generally mean and nasty. That's not always true. Why are you SO afraid of their reactions? There is nothing they can physically do to you.

Heh,  it is also why well have  things called 'civil law/torts" as well as the right to liberty and the pursuit of happiness without prosecution. >D

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #104 on: October 05, 2008, 08:08:54 pm »
Guys, let's keep the conversation posative, OK?  Some of the comments are starting to be about specific people and not about the stated topic. 
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 08:17:39 pm by Rathany »
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #105 on: October 05, 2008, 11:00:28 pm »
Actually Dawn I think that I'm just going to lock this thread until next week. I feel that it would have been best to lock it on Dawn's last comment but I had hoped that everyone would have taken her queue. After the election we will see who is the Operations Director as well as have a good chance to look at the hotel space itself. I won't delete anything and if anyone feels they "weren't able to defend themselves" they can wait until after the thread is unlocked again. There are already other threads about homophobia and other issues of bias in the convention.

There's just been too much trouble here.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #106 on: October 13, 2008, 06:53:24 am »
OK The topic is unlocked. Please stay civil.

I found that my layout was off in regards to the main lobby so I'll be changing my map around soon.

Also there is no family bathroom anywhere in the conspace. I will check the executive tower at a later date. Continue the debate/discussion if you'd like but keep in mind that as of right now we are limited to 2 bathrooms per floor, one marked ladies and one marked gentlemen.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010