Author Topic: Have you heard of...?  (Read 3623 times)

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Have you heard of...?
« on: November 24, 2004, 08:33:17 pm »
Since I'm not in America at the moment, I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of the following series:

"Midori no Hibi"
"Gasshu"

The reason why I'm curious is because they seem to have a strong following over here (Japan) and was wondering if people in America (or Canada) have heard about them yet.

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
Have you heard of...?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2004, 04:45:46 pm »
I watched all of Midori No Hibi, it was pretty cool. Definantly a unique concept. I would like to check out the Manga soon enough.

By the way, if I may ask. Do you get your username from Mahou Sensei Negima?

I've read some of it, and its great. Can't wait to view it when it starts airing, which should be around January sometime, I believe.

Also, since you're in Japan, may I also ask another question?

Does Hokuto No Ken still have a large following over there?

Over here it has a small fanbase, and I am probably at the top of that (Considering I spent over a thousand dollers to import the Super Premium Box Set), but I have heard that it is still very popular. Even Gackt is still a huge fan (lucky guy got to do voice work for Shin Hokuto No Ken).

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
Have you heard of...?
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2004, 05:49:10 pm »
I read a little of  Mahou Sensei Negima, and couldn't help but think of it as magic Love Hina. However I liked Love Hina so if it's similar that'd be good.
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Have you heard of...?
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2004, 12:02:22 am »
Quote from: "Dustin"
I watched all of Midori No Hibi, it was pretty cool. Definantly a unique concept. I would like to check out the Manga soon enough.

I've read some of it, and its great. Can't wait to view it when it starts airing, which should be around January sometime, I believe.

Over here it has a small fanbase, and I am probably at the top of that (Considering I spent over a thousand dollers to import the Super Premium Box Set), but I have heard that it is still very popular. Even Gackt is still a huge fan (lucky guy got to do voice work for Shin Hokuto No Ken).

In order of question:
1. Yes, my user name is from Mahou Sensei Negima.  My favorite manga artist is Ken Akamatsu who did both Love Hina and M.S. Negima so I picked a nickname from one of his work.
I know I've seen an ad for the anime somewhere but I can't remember when it actually comes out.

2. Yes, you can.

3. "Hokuto No Ken" is "Fist of the North Star" right?  I think I've seen images around here and there but I'll pay more attention since you asked.

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
Have you heard of...?
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2004, 12:10:53 am »
Quote from: "Negima"
Quote from: "Dustin"

In order of question:
1. Yes, my user name is from Mahou Sensei Negima.  My favorite manga artist is Ken Akamatsu who did both Love Hina and M.S. Negima so I picked a nickname from one of his work.
I know I've seen an ad for the anime somewhere but I can't remember when it actually comes out.

2. Yes, you can.

3. "Hokuto No Ken" is "Fist of the North Star" right?  I think I've seen images around here and there but I'll pay more attention since you asked.

1. I agree. I have read all of Akamatsu's work so far and I enjoy it all. His first work, A.I. Love You is great. I use computers alot, so I love reading the refrences, and actually understanding them.

3. Yes. I collect the rare Hokuto stuff, so, I am always trying to find more. :D

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Have you heard of...?
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2004, 08:56:10 pm »
Okay, two things to mention.
First, for Dustin, I would have to say Hokuto No Ken still has a good fan base but it's probably not "out there" as other current series are.  I've seen the image on some of the manga books that look like phonebooks and I've also seen them advertised as a pachinko/slots video game (don't ask).  At the moment that's all I've noticed.

Also, have any of you heard about the new Ghibli (spelling?) movie that came out recently in Japan?  I believe it's called "Howl's moving Castle."

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
Have you heard of...?
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2004, 11:47:55 pm »
I have heard of it. I don't know much about the plot, though.

I heard its supposed to be very good.