Author Topic: Platform shoes-- good places to get them  (Read 1036 times)

Offline misamisa

• Sailor Scout
Platform shoes-- good places to get them
« on: August 17, 2008, 11:27:37 pm »
For anybody out there like me who wants to add some height to their costume...
where are the best places in the area or online that you know of to get platform shoes?

I'm looking for a minimum 3", preferably 4-5" platform.  I have looked around a bit online, but I have no idea which physical stores I should try hitting up, and haven't found too many websites I like.

And if anybody has experience with any of these shoes, comfort level is important, so let me know how yours feel.  Although I am not totally opposed to wearing not-entirely-comfortable shoes for the sake of the costume (I have before and will again this year), I am hoping to find something I'd like to wear outside of the con as well, since most of them aren't cheap!

Also, I know that Cosworx.com offers some, but I've decided against ordering from them because I'm running out of time and I've heard a lot about their shoe orders taking a while.

Any input is appreciated!   :-*
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 11:28:53 pm by misamisa »
k-con '09: Creed (Black Cat); Euphemia (Code Geass); Ichimaru (Bleach); Takano (Higurashi no Naku koro Ni)

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
    • http://www.cosplaylab.com/search.asp?keyword=Lillian+Sullivan+&category=member&x=8&y=6
Re: Platform shoes-- good places to get them
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 01:31:15 am »
seriously i think (if youre not going to order online) you might want to try hitting up the goodwills in the area.
platforms really havent been in style for the last few years, so they will probably be hard to find in a normal retail store.

you might also try umm...stripper stores.  im not sure exsactly what youre looking for but they often have taller more platformy shoes.
Commissioning again!
Props, wigs and costumes.
twilighsewmurai@gmail.com

custom Amigurumi also available. (etsy shop coming soon)

Offline misamisa

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 01:35:15 am »
Thanks for the advice.  I have been hitting up pretty much every Goodwill in the area, not specifically for the shoes, but in my mad scavenger hunt for costume pieces, and I check out the shoes while I'm at it.  The problem I've faced is that when I find something I like, it's never in my size or the right color.  XD (except I did find the perfect pair of black pumps :D)

And the stripper shoe idea is not bad, lol.  I could explore that avenue a bit. :)
k-con '09: Creed (Black Cat); Euphemia (Code Geass); Ichimaru (Bleach); Takano (Higurashi no Naku koro Ni)

Offline misamisa

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 02:53:16 am »
I already decided on the pair of shoes I wanted to buy, but if anyone else reads this and happens to be looking for platforms as well, Amazon.com has a pretty sweet selection from a large variety of sellers. 
I rely pretty heavily on buyer feedback when ordering from there, and I found a pair with a great review that'll work for my costume and be wearable in everyday life.  Score!