Author Topic: Wig help needed!  (Read 1207 times)

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
Wig help needed!
« on: August 15, 2008, 04:52:19 am »
I need to make this (in front) out of this. Should be simple, save for that I hardly know how to style my *own* hair (I usually just pull it back), much less something that isn't actually part of my scalp.

So, tips?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 04:53:06 am by BlackjackGabbiani »

Offline lurkingpuppy

• Sailor Scout
Re: Wig help needed!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 02:16:37 pm »
I'm certainly not an expert, but it looks manageable.  You might have to pull a bit of the hair from the side to the front to make the bangs as thick as you need (not too much, though, or you'll see the netting).  You can do it!  Just break out your wig brush, hairspray and ref pics and have at it!  XD
2006-Kanna (Inuyasha)
2007-L (Death Note)
2008-Rem (Death Note)
2009-Princess Peach (Nintendo)
2010-Mrs. Lovett (Sweeney Todd)
2011- ~Undertaker~ (Kuroshitsuji)

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
    • http://www.cosplaylab.com/search.asp?keyword=Lillian+Sullivan+&category=member&x=8&y=6
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 08:36:36 pm »
honestly, it looks like there might not be enough wig there to make it look quite like that. not that long anyway.

but i would say i would start with a wig brush and a hairdryer set on low (and maybe a little far away) to try and relax those curls out of the front.

also hairspray is you friend.  but remember to let it dry before you touch it at all.
Commissioning again!
Props, wigs and costumes.
twilighsewmurai@gmail.com

custom Amigurumi also available. (etsy shop coming soon)

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 09:49:47 pm »
Another way of getting rid of the curls is with a straightener WRAPPED IN TWO OR THREE PAPER TOWELS OR MORE IF IT'S REALLY HOT. Everyone says to never straighten a wig, but as long as the straightener is wrapped to death, and you don't touch the hair to the metal EVER, it works. We've straightened two wigs and even crimped two with the papertowel method, and the only time hair melted was when we held it there for an entire minute cuz we stopped paying attention. XD So don't do that. Also, don't touch the hair until it's completely cool as it is just semi-melted plastic at that point. >>

On the hair being too short thing, if you pull A LITTLE from farther back (but not enough to show netting) like lurkingpuppy said, it should be enough to make it work. Good luck! ^^
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman