Author Topic: Gundam Wing!  (Read 13306 times)

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
Gundam Wing!
« on: January 26, 2008, 11:37:06 am »
Figured I'd make a topic since I heard some other people talking about doing GW cosplay. ^^ Me and my friends are going as Duo, Quatre, Trowa, and probably Wufei (but no Heero >> ) on the last day of the con. Anyone else made any GW plans?
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
Re: Gundam Wing!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 05:37:17 pm »
It depends on how much persuasion I get, to drag my Heero cosplay out. Heck I'm not even sure if I'm going to KCon.

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 11:35:44 pm »
Well if you do go, we'd love to have a Heero! If not, we'll be forced to spend the whole day singing "I Need a Hero!" XD
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 03:17:31 am »
Well if you do go, we'd love to have a Heero! If not, we'll be forced to spend the whole day singing "I Need a Hero!" XD
LOL, I'd almost not bring it just to hear you'all sing that

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 08:03:48 am »
LOL, I'd almost not bring it just to hear you'all sing that

Yeah. XD We were debating getting another of our friends to watch GW so he could be our Heero, but then we'd have a Hero... XD;;
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 08:31:14 am »
Hmm... *eyes her Endless Waltz Heero costume*I might just drag this with me to Kumori-Con this year. Okay, I am bringing it with me, whether or not I wear it is another story.

Sixteen Year Kumoricon Veteran
Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 12:29:35 am »
Hmm... *eyes her Endless Waltz Heero costume*I might just drag this with me to Kumori-Con this year. Okay, I am bringing it with me, whether or not I wear it is another story.

We may just have to ambush you for a picture or something if you do, even if it's just for a little while. X3
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 12:16:35 pm »

We may just have to ambush you for a picture or something if you do, even if it's just for a little while. X3

Oh jeez... I'm already going to be ambushed at Sakura-Con at the GW panel I'm co-running with a friend of mine. *die*

Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 08:33:38 pm »

Oh jeez... I'm already going to be ambushed at Sakura-Con at the GW panel I'm co-running with a friend of mine. *die*

What can we say, Heero's just so ambushable! XD
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 10:10:35 am »

What can we say, Heero's just so ambushable! XD

LOL! Yes, I suppose you can call Heero ambushable... More likely I'm gonna be walking very stealthily and sneakily to try and avoid any Duo's. But see as the panel is on the main day of the convention. I'm not sure how likely that is to happen. *headdesks*

Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2008, 11:58:16 am »
LOL! Yes, I suppose you can call Heero ambushable... More likely I'm gonna be walking very stealthily and sneakily to try and avoid any Duo's. But see as the panel is on the main day of the convention. I'm not sure how likely that is to happen. *headdesks*

Maybe you should carry around a nerf gun for protection. XD;;
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2008, 10:13:07 am »

*snort*I have this water pistol I spray painted black that I use as Heero's gun. It's a revolver, so I need to find a much better gun. *nodnod*

Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2008, 09:40:55 pm »

*snort*I have this water pistol I spray painted black that I use as Heero's gun. It's a revolver, so I need to find a much better gun. *nodnod*

Water's good, but tends to piss off people who are anal about their cosplays. : P But everybody loves Nerf! XD;; I need a gun for mah Duo... Well, don't need it, but want it. XD
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2008, 09:59:21 pm »

Ahh squirt guns, I have one as well for my Heero

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2008, 08:42:00 pm »
HI GUYS!

Sorry I've gone, well, poof! But I has a big, big request.

The Gundam Wing group I've just been recruited into (I am doing White Fang Zechs!) needs a Wufei cosplayer.

We're probably going to be either Monday or Saturday. We have all the pilots but Wufei. There are a few requirements though.

Must be on the short side, able to pull off a convincing boy, skinnier and Asian. Yes, I know this sounds racist, but I've seen Asian and non-Asian Wufei cosplayers and to me (Gundam Wing fangirl here) the Asian Wufei cosplayers look so much better.

If anyone is interested, please PM or e-mail me!

Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2008, 09:17:24 pm »
YAY~ for more GW cossers! Sorry I can't help you with Wufeil; We have a Wufei, but she's not asian. : P But good luck, and can't wait to see you all! ^^
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2008, 09:06:11 am »
Figured I'd make a topic since I heard some other people talking about doing GW cosplay. ^^ Me and my friends are going as Duo, Quatre, Trowa, and probably Wufei (but no Heero >> ) on the last day of the con. Anyone else made any GW plans?

I've got a Heero costume that I can drag out of my closet to use.

I actually am Heero's size physically, just as small as him.

You guys doing a GW photoshoot? I'll be more than happy to come and cosplay for you.

Btw...I've also RP'd Heero Yuy with my roleplay group online for the past two and a half years, so I know his quirks rather well.

And, I can just see the the run-on jokes about the whole self-destruction thing, and spandex space? *grins maniacally*
-Heero
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2008, 12:34:30 pm »
Sound's like you've got a good group going. I've got your photoshoot listed for some time on Monday, let me know once you all pin down a time.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2008, 11:35:16 pm »

I've got a Heero costume that I can drag out of my closet to use.

I actually am Heero's size physically, just as small as him.

You guys doing a GW photoshoot? I'll be more than happy to come and cosplay for you.

Btw...I've also RP'd Heero Yuy with my roleplay group online for the past two and a half years, so I know his quirks rather well.

And, I can just see the the run-on jokes about the whole self-destruction thing, and spandex space? *grins maniacally*
-Heero

Dude, we'd love it if you came! We're going to have the photo shoot on Monday (cuz my group will be in other cosplays the first two days >> ), we just don't have a definite time yet. I vote for sometime a little before noon, like 11-ish, but whatever works for everyone else! ^^
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2008, 08:42:34 am »
Sure thing, I'll pack up my Heero costume then and I'll join you guys for the photoshoot on Monday.

I'm working on getting a Relena that we can all bash. *grins* Who knows? *smirk*
-Heero
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2008, 02:10:11 pm »
Sure thing, I'll pack up my Heero costume then and I'll join you guys for the photoshoot on Monday.

I'm working on getting a Relena that we can all bash. *grins* Who knows? *smirk*
-Heero

Poor Relena. No one loves her. XD; Can't wait to see you there~!
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2008, 06:38:36 pm »

-Heero

I simply cannot sympathize with someone who stalks a person like that-- I mean, who goes to Antartica just to deliver a letter that isn't addressed to them, but they read it anyways?

Can't wait to see everyone.....you'll have to point yourself out to me when it's time. I'm rather hard to miss, just look for the Heero with brown skin. >.<;;
-Heero
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2008, 11:29:29 pm »

-Heero

I simply cannot sympathize with someone who stalks a person like that-- I mean, who goes to Antartica just to deliver a letter that isn't addressed to them, but they read it anyways?

Can't wait to see everyone.....you'll have to point yourself out to me when it's time. I'm rather hard to miss, just look for the Heero with brown skin. >.<;;
-Heero

Even as someone who's stalked someone before (all in jest mind you >> ) I still think she's completely psycho. XD;;

I will definitely be looking for you! Our group may be easy to find, as I'm pretty sure we'll be the only Duo, Quatre, Trowa, and Wufei at the con. Oh, and I may have my giant Nerf gun if we're in the park. XD;;
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2008, 01:50:23 pm »
NERF GUN!

Ok, on the account of us all being gundam pilots, we must have a nerf war. Just because. I'll probably loose and destroy the title of Perfect Soldier, but meh, I dun care, I'll just be in it for the fun. :P

Check out my profile and feel free to message me on AIM or something, I'm on quite often. Or email, I check my email rather frequently.

Which of the pilots are you cosplaying?

As we get closer to con, we should figure out a place to meet and such and start the mayhem, it'll be a great way to close the con. *grins Maxwell-style*
-Heero
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2008, 03:04:29 pm »
I'm Duo, and at the moment I'm the only one in my group with a nerf gun. That may change though as the con gets closer (and if I have anything to do with it). XD Oh, and our Wufei can actually fence, so if anyone wants to sword fight instead of nerf fight, that works too. X3

I think we'll prolly meet up in the park because (1) that's where most of the photoshoots take place, (2) there isn't really any other "Gundam Wing-esq" setting at the con that would be better, and (3) that's teh only place we can have a nerf fight (no projectiles in the con space : P ). We'll figure out time later when it gets closer to the con.

Oh, and I'll have a scythe, too. Not that that's very easy to fight with, but I'll have it. XD;
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2008, 09:20:44 am »
I'm Duo, and at the moment I'm the only one in my group with a nerf gun. That may change though as the con gets closer (and if I have anything to do with it). XD Oh, and our Wufei can actually fence, so if anyone wants to sword fight instead of nerf fight, that works too. X3

I think we'll prolly meet up in the park because (1) that's where most of the photoshoots take place, (2) there isn't really any other "Gundam Wing-esq" setting at the con that would be better, and (3) that's teh only place we can have a nerf fight (no projectiles in the con space : P ). We'll figure out time later when it gets closer to the con.

Oh, and I'll have a scythe, too. Not that that's very easy to fight with, but I'll have it. XD;

DUO! *tackles and glomps to the ground* Heh, you will be tackled in real life by me, as a forwarning...

I may or may not have a Wufei, if she can work around her teaching schedule and such, she'll definately come.

Cool, I don't really know how to fence, but I can kinda handle a sword. I seem to have a knack for fighting, no matter what kind. May be a pretend fencing match, or something since I don't want to be poked in the arm by a sword...>.<;;

By the time Kumoricon comes, I'll have one or two nerf guns, and people can borrow if need be.

We should meet the day before or something, and go the park and decide the location just in case people may not know where it is. *is horrible with directions*

Need help planning? *grins* I've got a lot of free time, I don't mind. :P
-Heero
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2008, 11:24:59 am »
YAY~ glomps! I am a fan. Just don't hit the scythe and poke your eye out. XD;

Don't worry about fencing well. We all suck at fencing except Wufei, so she'll prolly just laugh at all of us all in-character and stuff. XP If you wanna have a Struggle Bat match though (lawl KHII), me and Trowa will so be up for it! X3 Wow, by the end of the day, I may be carrying around all three of my weapons... XD;;

My group will prolly be in the park most of the con, so you're welcome to come find us. We'll be in KHII cosplay the first two days, prolly in a huge group with all the other KH cosers. : P I'll try and MSN you sometime, but I won't be home much for the next week or two, so it may not be for a while. XD
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2008, 08:18:47 pm »
Ah, that's fine.

As for the Struggle Bat match with you and Trowa, sure, I'm in. Tho' now I'm tempted to bring my Hitsugaya sword into this, as another weapon....

So close to con....*sigh*...
-Heero
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2008, 09:14:45 pm »
Oh wow, so many weapons. We may never leave the park if we get bogged down with all that junk! XD;;

We have four months... is not really that close when you have a bunch of cosplays to finish. Like me. XD
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2008, 11:53:45 pm »
If there are any Chang Wuufei cosplayers at con... prepare for GLOMPAGE!
2015 Cosplay Lineup
Female Martial Arts Turk - Nova Kurosaki - FFVII: Before Crisis/Crisis Core
Kaname Kururugi - Inuyasha: Juso no Kamen(Hakama and Normal)
Chika Kururugi - Naruto OC (Formal, and Normal)

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2008, 02:29:46 pm »
Hee, our Zexy from last year will be our Wufei this year. If you remember her. ^^
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2008, 08:31:58 pm »
I just realized I havnt posted in this thread yet..whoops.

Umm yeah Im the Quatre for Goatchild's group XD

Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!
"Wanna be a Freedom Fighter?"

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2008, 11:50:43 am »
I just realized I havnt posted in this thread yet..whoops.

Umm yeah Im the Quatre for Goatchild's group XD

*glomps da Quatre*

Hi, I'm the Heero for your guys' group/photoshoot. Nice to meet ya!
-Heero
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline jupiter13_00

• Chibi
    • Fanarts
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2008, 01:27:12 pm »
I may drag ot my old Heero costume...

Not sure...

May need new pants... think my dog chewed a whole in them. XD
KumoriCon 2010

Did you see us? Me and my Boyfriend were the Eyesheild 21 cosplayers.

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2008, 06:51:49 pm »
YAY~ another Heero! I think it's kind of funny that my group didn't have a Heero for the longest time, but most other GW cosers are Heero... XD;; Anyway you should definitely bring it! Assuming your dog hasn't destroyed it too horribly. xD;;
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline jupiter13_00

• Chibi
    • Fanarts
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2008, 07:36:33 pm »
No apperently it's okay. XD They just pulled the tag out of it... I haven't worn it since like... I think it was the 04 con.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/jupiter13_00/heero.jpg Craptacular picture. XD
KumoriCon 2010

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2008, 08:51:34 pm »
Hee! Awesome~!! We could always use more Heeros! He is the main character, after all. XD
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline jupiter13_00

• Chibi
    • Fanarts
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2008, 08:58:32 pm »
And he wears hot pants... XD I don't think I know any other main character that does.
KumoriCon 2010

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2008, 12:29:32 am »
Reviving old threads~!
So, for the photoshoot, who all actually thinks they can make it, and when exactly should we have it? We obviously don't have to choose an exact time until the schedule comes out. Right now it's set for Monday. My question is does everyone want it to be a morning shoot or an afternoon shoot (early afternoon since the con ends that day)? I personally like morning shoots, just cuz I'm more awake and energetic. Later in teh day I may be worn out, especially since it's the last day. XP So what does everyone else think? Any opinion? No opinion? ^^
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2008, 01:24:08 pm »
Rawr! You all better let me glomp you x3
2015 Cosplay Lineup
Female Martial Arts Turk - Nova Kurosaki - FFVII: Before Crisis/Crisis Core
Kaname Kururugi - Inuyasha: Juso no Kamen(Hakama and Normal)
Chika Kururugi - Naruto OC (Formal, and Normal)

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2008, 08:44:27 pm »
If we ever choose a time for the photoshoot, you could easily ambush us. XD Not that I would mind, but I can't speak for everyone else. XP
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2008, 09:10:12 pm »
my bro was going to go as Wufei... but he is going off to collage instead >.<
boo on him

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2008, 04:59:56 pm »
So now that the schedule is out, we can choose an actual time for the photoshoot! (schedule--> http://www.kumoricon.org/files/kumoricon2008pocketguide.pdf ) I'm gonna suggest 1pm, which would put it in the middle of Cosplay Chess. If anyone is planning to be in that, we could do it beforehand at 9:30 or 10-ish, or afterwards during closing ceremonies. I'm not a fan of either of those times personally. XD
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2008, 06:01:22 pm »
So now that the schedule is out, we can choose an actual time for the photoshoot! (schedule--> http://www.kumoricon.org/files/kumoricon2008pocketguide.pdf ) I'm gonna suggest 1pm, which would put it in the middle of Cosplay Chess. If anyone is planning to be in that, we could do it beforehand at 9:30 or 10-ish, or afterwards during closing ceremonies. I'm not a fan of either of those times personally. XD

1pm should work for me, but I'll have to check. I'm not sure if our group is planning on being in Cosplay Chess, but most likely not. As long as it isn't during the Cosplay or AMV contest/show, we'll be good (since we're entered in both)

I found my Heero spandex shorts~! ^_^;; when I was cleaning, it was the last thing I expected. Now I just have to refind that Heero tanktop.......<.<.......>.>.......
-Heero
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2008, 06:36:03 pm »
The AMV and Cosplay contests are on Sunday and the GW shoot is Monday, so no worries there! ^^

I totally found all the parts of my old Duo cosplay a week or two ago. Along with all my other old cosplays. It was crazy. XD
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2008, 11:19:27 pm »
Cosplay shoots should not happen in the really early morning, because I'll probably be taking the Max to the con and I really don't need to talk to crazies about what the hell it is I'm wearing. Unless they're nice crazies.

Not that this applies, since most of the shoots aren't at ASS EARLY times this year. : )

Guys, I need black ballet flats. Uber plain ones. And they are nowhere. I'm afraid I'll be forced to do a messy over-sew job. D;

Huh. Apparently the boards are word filtered. Good on the preview button.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2008, 11:28:49 pm »
Or you could just take a really early max. :D But yah, none of the shoots I'm going to are before 11am. Is nice, though I do like the early shoots. : P

You've checked all the Goodwills and everything? Hmm. We could check the Goodwill here for you if you want. Or we could fix up the shoes for you, since it's not til the third day. ^^

I'm a fan of boards and chatrooms that replace filtered words. It's hilarious. XD;;
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Malaria

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2008, 11:39:43 pm »
I'm gonna finish up the store search, but so far I haven't found anything.
I'm worried we'll perma-destroy those shoes though, and they're so cute! I'd miss them.
Kumoricon 2012:
Who even knows, man

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2008, 11:57:47 pm »
We're creative. We can find a way to make it work! >8D
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice