Author Topic: First Con Nightmare....  (Read 6814 times)

Offline Soubi

• Sailor Scout
First Con Nightmare....
« on: August 08, 2008, 10:19:38 am »
Okay. I woke up a little freaked out, honest to say.
I had this dream where we got to the convention...(The hotel looked more like my church....And my room sort of reminded me of a janitor's closet.) The first thing that happens is....we all rush to the con. Well. Okay. Excitable.
As things go along, it turns out we haven't bothered to go buy our food! Well snap. I get my group moving. (Which somehow morphed into a blonde Joanna, and Liz in Hojo...and like. 2 or 3 faceless people. Hrm.) Then we realize that my map is on my computer....and my computer was left at home! WELL SNAP IT ALL. I ask Joanna if her laptop is with her. The entire group does this giant "DUUUUUH" thing. (....odd.) Anyway. Then they didn't want to move their rear ends, and I'm fighting with them to go grocery shopping and such. And somehow (I can't remember) it's let go that I plan to use my Elena costume again! Oh. and. We were all broke. Dirt. Freaking. Poor.
I woke up and was freaking out.
(To explain the Elena costume...it was hot. Very. Very. Hot. And I flat out refused to do it again this year. Plus....D: I have this deep hatred for doing more than 1 costume at a con. I'll do two if I make a promise with someone.)
....So I woke up, trying not to panic,  reminding myself that I have the money, I'm not gonna be Elena, and I won't forgot any of my stuff. (Specially my laptop!)

...I'm sort of lame. It freaked me out.
SakuraCon '08: Touma (Gravitation) & Zexion (KH:CoM)
KumoriCon '08: Zexion (KH:CoM) & Tatsumi (Yami no Matsuei)
AkiCon '08: Zexion (KH:CoM)
SakuraCon '09: Miku (Vocaloid)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: First Con Nightmare....
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 10:22:04 am »
Sounds pretty freaky, but yes, just use your dream as a warning to pre-pack and prepare everything well in advance. Things will be great!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 10:23:03 am »
Eve, that's actually somewhat humorous.
"Now I'll show you how real vampires do battle!"

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 10:28:26 am »
Yeah, I know, I have lame advice, lol. I should go be a motivational speaker somewhere.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 11:24:07 am »
Yeah, I know, I have lame advice, lol. I should go be a motivational speaker somewhere.

You'd make an awesome motivational speaker

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 11:26:49 am »
I'd be the kind of motivational speaker that told people not to do things because they'd end up livin' in a van down by the river. Yeah, that's the kind I'd be.  ;)

Anyway, I won't threadjack anymore. Hopefully you have no more stirring dreams about Kumoricon. ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 11:40:55 am »
I had a dream I was hugging creepy old guys at the con....[/shudder]
Well that was after I talked to Mandy and she told me her dream...

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 12:00:45 pm »
I did have a weird dream once about a ku-con. i can't remember everything but it was something the jonas brothers or someone awful like that showed up and started singing while I was in cosplay. I was already down and that just had made me feel worse. then it was something like I had to look for the pikachu school girl that had a mario plushie with her and I had to get them to do something. can't really remember the rest. it was maybe a month after last con.....well back onto you. yeah ust make sure your packed and don't worry everything will be fine.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 12:15:41 pm »
I had one like that! ;D
I showed up, but I was in the wrong place, so I had to call my DAD and he picked me up and brought me to the right place. Which looked a lot like the club I had to sneak into to find my bro this one time... ANYWAY when I got there I didn't have my badge, so I told the person at the front that I left it on the bus... and she let me in. When i got in, I realized that I was only in the white underlayer of my costume... and someone stole my sword! then I missed every event I wanted to go to... But made it to the skit/costume contest. But when I walked up onto the stage a Sailor Pluto and Ichimaru Gin from bleach challenged me to a martial arts battle.  (you know that thing that sometimes happens when you dream where you are moving REALLY slowly no matter how hard to try....?)
that happend and Sailor Pluto hit me with a chair (???) and I woke up... :D
needless to say, being my first con and everything, the dream really freaked me out :D
(I though I was the only one who got nightmares about things like conventions :D)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 12:20:39 pm by NightLotus »

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 12:26:14 pm »
I know what you mean. I had a dream recently where I was supposed to be in the chess but the costumes they wanted me to wear was at home (which was really really far away) and I didn't have time the night before to go get it x.x

Offline Soubi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 02:37:19 pm »
xD I'm glad I don't sound psycho...Lmao.

Eve; Fantastic advice. I'm super paranoid about leaving things at home. But I uh...forget stuff anyway. Like the deodorant last year. And the shampoo when I went to camp. (I wound up washing my hair with a bar of soap. It was horrid.) I'll be making sure everything I need gets in there. |:

Tofu; n.n I'm sure it will be. Yours sounds bit odd!

Lotus; XD HOLY CRAP. At least I (apparently) was in the right place! (Even if it looked like church. O-o) This is going to be my 4th con...xD; I'm just a worry wart.

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 03:53:27 pm »
I have RIDICULOUS nightmares about a lot of stuff... Like going back to school at the end of the summer, even though i have know all my classmates for like 12 years :D.
I guess if its on your mind you are bound to have a nightmare about it some time or another, yes?

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 04:13:26 pm »
When people get angry at me in my dreams, they get REALLY angry. It scares me sometimes  :'(

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline Lunartwist

• Cabbit
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 10:34:36 pm »
OH, JILL. I HAD ONE TOO.

So like, we were in Oregon right? And OH SNAP. I forgot my temp hair dye for my Tseng cosplay. Of course, memories of being a lame, short-haired, blonde Marluxia and Hojo pierced in my mind. All the failed cosplays. I FREAKED. And dragged everyone around Portland, with Kai (remember our Axel the very first Sakura-Con I went to? Yeah, her) as our guide since she knows Portland, looking for temp dye.
We went to this large building, and inside was a really odd toy store. Kinda like...the Magical Emporium from the movie. Lotsa old-timey toys. Ceiling planes, toy trains, jumping jacks, etc. So then they DID have temp dye, but none in black! Only pink and white and yellow. KJHDJSKHDKJS. Insert more freaking out here, and not able to find the temp dye.

...And then I woke up. XD

ALSO THIS IS A SIGN YOU NEED TO BE ELENA AGAIN. 8DDDDDD;
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 10:35:30 pm by Lunartwist »

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
    • An LJ that DOESN'T have locked entries?!
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2008, 11:52:07 am »
I have prophetic dreams when it gets con time.

My dreams are usually fairly realistic, so I guess it isn't a HUGE stretch, but it still creeps me out.
Anakin, you're breaking my heart if you don't come to "I'd Just as Soon Kiss a Wookiee: A Star Wars Panel" at Kumoricon!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2008, 01:40:26 pm »
Closest I can remember is that a bunch of the staff I was at the staff retreat with were all part of my church youth group  from High School and we were all picking rooms in a dormitory at NCC in Eugene.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Soubi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2008, 01:41:54 pm »
OH, JILL. I HAD ONE TOO.

So like, we were in Oregon right? And OH SNAP. I forgot my temp hair dye for my Tseng cosplay. Of course, memories of being a lame, short-haired, blonde Marluxia and Hojo pierced in my mind. All the failed cosplays. I FREAKED. And dragged everyone around Portland, with Kai (remember our Axel the very first Sakura-Con I went to? Yeah, her) as our guide since she knows Portland, looking for temp dye.
We went to this large building, and inside was a really odd toy store. Kinda like...the Magical Emporium from the movie. Lotsa old-timey toys. Ceiling planes, toy trains, jumping jacks, etc. So then they DID have temp dye, but none in black! Only pink and white and yellow. KJHDJSKHDKJS. Insert more freaking out here, and not able to find the temp dye.

...And then I woke up. XD

ALSO THIS IS A SIGN YOU NEED TO BE ELENA AGAIN. 8DDDDDD;
xD You're weird, babe.
OH! If you haven't done it already.
Value Village has 93287428734 hair sprays. For. 2 bucks. Each. O-O
...But they didn't have brown. ;0;

ANDNOOOO. D8 I don't wanna be Elena.

Offline saya-chan14

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2008, 01:42:32 pm »
i had a bad nightmare right be for con last year i had no idea what con was going to be like i cant remember it much i think i had it cuse last year was my first con
Sakura 11 cosplays
CC
Yosuke
Libra

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2008, 04:26:31 pm »
I occasionally have con nightmares... But I post them elsewhere before I forget them. I've forgotten most of them now.

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2008, 05:25:44 pm »
I've had a couple so far. XD

One was that I got to Kcon and realized that I'd forgotten my cosplays! I ended up taking the curtains down from the room and making something out of them. For some reason in the dream that seemed perfectly alright. o.O I can't remember what it was though. Maybe this is because I actually did forget one of mine last year.

Another was an Artist Alley nightmare. They couldn't find enough space for us, so they put us in this weird, old restaurant down the street. Anyway, it had these huge round tables (we ended up putting like...3 people to a table) and a huge neon sign on the outside with giant pictures of food. When I opened my box to get out some stuff to put on the table, I noticed that I hadn't finished any of it. Lol. I was like 'what am I going to do!?!?'

I had another one but it was along the same lines of not finishing stuff in time. XD

Offline samalam

• Cabbit
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2008, 10:33:11 pm »
it's my first con ever so if any of that happens I will probly scream and hide in a closet
kumoricon-09
marshmello fuu~

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2008, 11:06:55 pm »
That is one of the nice things about staying at home for a con. You can't really forget anything. I mean you can leave some stuff at home but if it is really important than it is a quick drive and your there. Now if you are from across state and you forget something.....

Offline Soubi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2008, 11:42:30 pm »
Exactly.
Aki-Con is gonna be prob for me. Worst case: I take a bus home. OoOoOo. D:
SakuraCon is easier than most...
But KumoriCon? xD I'm not even in the right state, lmao. Or uh....general area at all. :B

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2008, 11:45:36 pm »
wow that would make it a little more difficult. Where do you live?

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2008, 01:33:46 pm »
I actually had a dream that I think I could relate to Kumoricon last night! lol, it was pretty simple, but I dreamed that I got a slip in the mail saying that I had a package to pick up in the office. By a package, I can only assume I dreamed that it was my wig, or the rubber tracking for my cannon. Either way, I had a dream inspired by my feelings of anxiety about products getting here in time, heh.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2008, 02:23:47 pm »
I had a dream I was hugging creepy old guys at the con....[/shudder]
Well that was after I talked to Mandy and she told me her dream...

HAHA oh yeah lol I wasnt really asleep when I had that dream sorta half asleep.. and on the phone with L.. and when hea sked "what are you doing?"

Because of my half asleep dream I replied "I'm hugging old guys" LOL XD

Offline Kotarik

• Oni
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2008, 03:04:41 pm »
I've had con nightmares but most of them I easily forget.

Offline Soubi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2008, 10:40:07 pm »
wow that would make it a little more difficult. Where do you live?
Everett. North of Seattle. c:

...edit: AkiCon is gonna be NO prob**

Offline Ryu-chan

• Chibi
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2008, 12:28:09 am »
actually had a dream where i was in my dark mousy outfit, walked right through the doors then suddenly im in my boxers! (does anyone actually have a dream like this besides me? ><) well so it seems everyone thought i was in cosplay and acted normal so i just started walking around like normal then FLASH i blink and for some reason im playing a guitar with hundreds of people watching me while im in my boxers lol.....i begin to attempt to play but when i started moving my fingers i woke up....thats usually how i wake up is when i start to do something rather then watch something

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2008, 09:34:00 am »
I had a con dream last night. I was rushed to get ready and we finally got out of the hotel and I forgot my id cell phone and money. So I went back up and I decided to change costumes then I left.....thats when i woke up. There was a lot more going on that just that but that is the basic summary. >_> ;D

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2008, 10:10:18 am »
I had my first one last night. I had a dream that my boyfriend kept being weird and wouldn't drive me to con. Even though we aren't driving to go there and I live fairly close to con anyways. Mad zero sense D:
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2008, 09:54:56 pm »
I had I think it was my third con nightmare

We were late
I was inside the main events room
Then they moved the cosplay contest up about 3 hours, so when I went out around 400 people were in line ahead of me so I got upset I would be way in back
Then I realized I left my cosplay at home and then  had to leave the convention to see a movie for whatever odd reason... O.o

It was.. werid

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline kalagei

• Chibi
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2008, 02:39:30 am »
Every year that I've been to con (2004-2007, soon to be -2008) I've had dreams pre and post con...

One that I've had this year, is that I show up and it turns out that the con was a week later, and that I've made the room reservations at the wrong hotel >_>... I guess it's a pretty common thing.
2004 - 2007 Kumoricon Attendee
2008 - Operations Office Staff
2009 - Assistant Ops Director
2010 - Director of Operations
2011 - Registration Manager
2012 - Vice Chair
2013 - I can safely say that I'm not running for a board position :D

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2008, 09:31:41 am »
Yeah I could see that happening. But I don't have to worry about that since I am not in a hotel ;D

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2008, 05:52:27 pm »
I have to worry, I'm very forgetfull ^_^;;

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2008, 07:32:09 pm »
alright now i know im going to have a con nightmare xD
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline ZombieFace

• Sailor Scout
    • Jailbreak Designs / Photography
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2008, 12:25:09 pm »
I've had a dream/nightmare every night for the last 2 weeks.  YAY! 

~JailBreak Photography~
www.jailbreakdesigns.com

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2008, 12:44:53 pm »
Oy too stressed and too much to think about to actually sleep. Haven't dreamed in weeks. Gha!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2008, 03:35:28 pm »
I had an interesting dream last night.....it mentioned the con but wasn't really about it. Some chick was trying to kill me and some friends with lightning and she couldn't do it and finally she was like fine I'll get you some other time, and I responded "as long as its sometime after the con"

yeah that was it.....it was really weird.....just thought I would give everyone an insight into my strange little world ;D

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2008, 04:53:55 pm »
I had a dream a few days back. I was at my dads house in Beaverton, cleaning up the room I'm going to (eventually) stay in, and it was the first day of the con. I don't know why I was THERE when I had plans to be at a convention, but I was. I finished cleaning and I was trying to find all of my Cosplays in the other room, but I couldn't find any of them! For some reason time was going by really fast, and by the time I got a few peices together, it was already half way through the second day.
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2008, 06:03:25 pm »
Last night's nightmare:

I was at the con when I realized "holy sh*t, I forgot my badge at home!!!" [laments]
and my costume wasn't finished either. :'(

Offline Kamisan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2008, 06:31:35 pm »
Oy too stressed and too much to think about to actually sleep. Haven't dreamed in weeks. Gha!

I've been the same way!
Gr... I know how you feeeellll

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2008, 07:15:01 pm »
I actually have con nightmares several months in advance. I've been having odd dreams involving Batman and the Black order from DGM, though...

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2008, 01:35:24 pm »
Ihad a horrifying dream last night
 But I ended up running till I got to what looked like a photoshoot... I think it was FF cuz I found a cloud there who called me over.. then hugged me.... then let go and blushed.. I looked down and my outfit was gon to reveal my underwear!! TT_TT

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2008, 02:05:19 pm »
eh i had my first one last night *sighs*

i lost my cell (which i actualy have TT_TT) so i couldnt call my friends and find out where they were so i was wandering the con along in my kairi outfit that was suposedly fixed... and then a sora came and tried to kiss me and some how my dress became to big again and started falling off so i ran into the nearest room to find Cloud running from Tifa.... yeah that was weird.

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2008, 02:30:39 pm »
^ lol I hope she was trying to kick his butt XD

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2008, 02:32:31 pm »
xD yeah she was.... i think it was cause he burnt toast in the toaster o.O

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2008, 02:38:48 pm »
lol nice XD

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2008, 05:09:39 pm »
I had one the night before last. XD Basically, it involved me and Ouran. o.o So, I was this stunt double person and apparently Hunny was too. So basically, they strapped us to these HUUUGE chairs and raised them up like.....thirty feet. ...Then, they dropped them. So, that was kind of fun. But, I went to the Con hotel to get my room and I kind of wandered off to the Lloyd's Center to meet up with CatchxMe, Hazuza, and sugarlat. So, yeah, we kind of wandered around. And, I guess I kind of went back to the hotel, when I saw Kyouya jump out a window. [o.O] So, I went down to make sure he wasn't dead, when I saw Tamaki flirting with CatchxMe. o.o Then, the phone rang and I woke up. XD;

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2008, 05:11:32 pm »
Nice that is very very random but sounds so entertaining.