Author Topic: SALEM November meetup!  (Read 4511 times)

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
SALEM November meetup!
« on: October 16, 2004, 07:16:54 pm »
Hey everyone, just wanted to say thanks to all the people who came to the October meetup.  By my calculations we had 11 people there including me.  Also noted in attendance was Guy the AMV expert from the Con and the talented FilkAeris.  

The next meetup is November 11 and two days after that ms. Irnogs is hosting another LAN party on the 13th.   At the LAN party I will be showing more anime and a Hong Kong live action film.

If you have more questions about the meetup you can post here, PM or email me, or best yet please check out the meetup site and register if you haven't already.

CLICK HERE FOR THE MEETUP SITE!!!

take care everyone and I look forward to our next meetup!!
The trick is not minding.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
SALEM November meetup!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2004, 08:57:34 pm »
how exciting!

i'm wondering: is this basically the formation of an anime club? or are these business meetings?

it's thrilling, either way!

*waves to guy and AJ*
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
SALEM November meetup!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2004, 09:12:52 pm »
Quote from: "RemSaverem"
how exciting!

i'm wondering: is this basically the formation of an anime club? or are these business meetings?

it's thrilling, either way!

*waves to guy and AJ*

Yes, this is a meetup/club group for anime fans and we are in the early stages of the formation of a weekly club that will watch anime and asian film.  (plus other fun activities once we get things rolling... :D )

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
SALEM November meetup!
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2004, 09:33:23 pm »
awesome!
i'm in eugene, but if you were ever holding an event at a time i could make it, would i be allowed to join you? tunac, the totally un-named anime club at university of oregon, precursor to kumoricon, meets concurrently with the kumoricon staff meetings, and has showings at a time that is tricky with my work schedule...so i'm jonesing!

in fact, i noted today something i would really like to see. it was a live action rendering of a manga. it was in new releases at blockbuster of all places. it started with a T. there were 3 volumes. it was about a girl whose dad named her after someone from 25 years ago, and then somehow she meets someone with her name, and maybe it is that same person and maybe she is indestructible...something like that. does that sound familiar at all? *should have written down name* well best of luck to you!
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
SALEM November meetup!
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2004, 10:44:37 pm »
awesome!
i'm in eugene, but if you were ever holding an event at a time i could make it, would i be allowed to join you? tunac, the totally un-named anime club at university of oregon, precursor to kumoricon, meets concurrently with the kumoricon staff meetings, and has showings at a time that is tricky with my work schedule...so i'm jonesing!

Oh yah, anyone and everyone is more than welcome to join up with our growing group. :D   The monthly meetups we currently have are just a social gathering where we just hang out and chat.  The goal we are currently working towards is to get a weekly club going on Friday nights that would be from 5-10 pm, with anime from 5-8 and live action from 8-10.  I am hoping that we get all the details worked out and that by January we are ready to go.  I'll be sure to post all the details as things get worked out.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
SALEM November meetup!
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2004, 10:34:20 pm »
groovy. oh and i think the name i was forgetting yesterday was tomie

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
SALEM November meetup!
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2004, 08:31:16 am »

in fact, i noted today something i would really like to see. it was a live action rendering of a manga. it was in new releases at blockbuster of all places. it started with a T. there were 3 volumes. it was about a girl whose dad named her after someone from 25 years ago, and then somehow she meets someone with her name, and maybe it is that same person and maybe she is indestructible...something like that. does that sound familiar at all? *should have written down name* well best of luck to you!

Actually, I saw that one, too.  The movie and the manga are both called Tomoe....and they both look really interesting.  Too bad I live in Troutdale and have no car...else, I'd really be up for attending the meetings.

But, currently searching for higher-paying job in Beaverton that will allow affordance of vehicle, then....I will have the power to go ANYWHERE!  Mwhahahahahaha!  (random evil insane laughter moment)

~*~Member of Cannot Unsee~*~

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
SALEM November meetup!
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2004, 10:26:47 am »
O.k.  So, here is another plug for the meetup next Thursday.  Things are looking better and better everyday for the creation of an awesome Friday night anime/live action film club.

Also, I am going to be showing some anime and live action stuff at Ms. Irnogs next LAN party which is on Nov. 13th from 2-midnight.  
Check http://www.etherguild.org for more info.

I will be showing the following at the party:

live action

Hard Boiled  (CLASSIC film, considered by many to be the greatest action film ever made)

House of Flying Daggers (the newest offering by the man behind 'Hero', just beware that the subs kind of blow on this one... :( )

anime
s-CRY-ed  (cool super power anime, some call it the 'X-men' of anime)

and I am sure there will be other fun stuff as well.

Please check out the meetup site for complete details as well as locations for the events!

http://anime.meetup.com/43

hope to see many of you there!!

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
SALEM November meetup!
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2004, 08:22:21 am »
Hey everyone, just wanted to say that this last Salem meetup was a GREAT time.  We had 4 new faces there and the grand total was 13 people in attendance.  Awesome!!!

I noticed that manga was a big hit at the meeting so I will be sure to bring more for people to read.  We also had some fun playing GO, thanks to acid raven for bringing his GO board.

This weekend we will be doing more planning about the weekly anime club.  Things are moving in the right direction and I hope that by Saturday we have all the gritty details hammered out.  I hope to see lots of you at the LANime party.  It is FREE and there will be PRIZES and ANIME and HONG KONG FILMS and LAN GAMING and even some PS2 and possibly XBOX action (For sure some Street Fighter II action, YES!!!).  
Check out the links at the bottom for more info!!

If anyone has any questions about the clubs, wants to get involved, needs a ride, or whatever about the Salem anime club scene, feel free to PM or email me.

also be sure to check out the sites for the meetup group and the LAN gaming club.

http://www.etherguild.org
http://anime.meetup.com/43