Author Topic: Anime Jeopardy  (Read 9710 times)

Offline AzuKyo

• Chibi
    • NHRV
Anime Jeopardy
« on: July 29, 2008, 09:48:37 pm »
Ladies and Gentlemen!

Announcing: Anime Jeopardy 2008!

The anime-themed Game Show is returning for its second year at Kumoricon and we'd like to invite everyone to come and see it! Based off of the popular game show Jeopardy, Anime Jeopardy is designed to challenge contestants to an array of anime trivia while entertaining the audience.

For those interested in being a contestant for Anime Jeopardy:

Prior to the Anime Jeopardy event, there will be a sub-panel designed specifically for the selection of the contestants. Anyone who attended the first year knows that that year's process for selecting contestants was full of holes and did not have the best results. This year, however, we are making all the best efforts to make the selection process fair and effective so that it will produce high quality contestants that will be capable of making Anime Jeopardy more entertaining (read: we are going to look for contestants who are well versed in the subject matter, so that they will do well in the game).

If you are interested in becoming one of these individuals, you must attend the sub-panel and be selected. To be selected, potential contestants will be put through a series of trials to determine if they are the right person for one of the three available spots. These trials will include Question and Answer sessions and a written test.

The best potential contestants who attend the sub-panel for Anime Jeopardy will become the 2008 Anime Jeopardy contestants, and will compete for prizes in the Anime Jeopardy game later that day. These prizes have not been finalized, but they should be well worth it (free stuff always is, right?). For an example, last year's grand prize winner took home a complete set of .hack//Legend of the Twilight. This year's winner might take home something even better than a complete manga set...

Also, there is potential for audience members at the Anime Jeopardy event to win prizes!

We hope to see you there!

RANDOM PANEL 2009! Anime Jeopardy 2009!

鳥の岐阜城 ー 7せんぱい、ありがとうございました。

Offline Aima_Lucavi

• Sailor Scout
Re: Anime Jeopardy
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 02:09:24 pm »
whens the subpannel thingy?
sakuracon 09 cosplays:
Zetta-makai kingdom
Jim- Outlaw star
kcon 09 cosplays:
no freakin clue

All I want is for everyone too have fun and be happy. I don't see how that makes me a bad person.

Offline AzuKyo

• Chibi
    • NHRV
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 02:10:12 pm »
The sub-panel will be before the Anime Jeopardy panel on the same day. However, the schedule is not final yet so I can't give you an actual set time yet. As of now, it is set to be a hour before the actual panel.

Offline Aima_Lucavi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 02:11:48 pm »
and thats?
sakuracon 09 cosplays:
Zetta-makai kingdom
Jim- Outlaw star
kcon 09 cosplays:
no freakin clue

All I want is for everyone too have fun and be happy. I don't see how that makes me a bad person.

Offline AzuKyo

• Chibi
    • NHRV
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 08:45:10 am »
Anime Jeopardy is scheduled for late on Saturday.

Offline Aima_Lucavi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 11:08:17 am »
the panel to discuss the....i hate being lost...
sakuracon 09 cosplays:
Zetta-makai kingdom
Jim- Outlaw star
kcon 09 cosplays:
no freakin clue

Offline AzuKyo

• Chibi
    • NHRV
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 06:37:38 pm »
Re-read my posts.

There are two panels for Anime Jeopardy. The first is to select the contestants. The second is the actual game of Anime Jeopardy.

The first panel is before the second. They are on the same day. Neither panels have an official time as of yet, but the first will be at least 1 hour before the second and the second panel will be late in the evening.

I hope that answers your question.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 06:38:21 pm by AzuKyo »

Offline Aima_Lucavi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008, 11:58:09 am »
or at least serves to make me equally excused in a completely different way ^^.  Na, i get it bro, do me a favor and pm me when you get this down please.  Thanks, much apreciated
sakuracon 09 cosplays:
Zetta-makai kingdom
Jim- Outlaw star
kcon 09 cosplays:
no freakin clue

oslapedo

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 07:45:55 pm »
Ooh, I wanna play! I hope I get selected  ;D

Offline AzuKyo

• Chibi
    • NHRV
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 02:28:48 pm »
Here is how the Anime Jeopardy Constructive Committee is tentatively planning for the selection process.

30 (plus or minus 10) written tests will be administered, 1 to each potential contestant. If the number of potential contestants exceeds the number of tests, this is how things will go down:

A verbal question and answer exam will be used to select people to take the test. A question will be asked to the audience and the first person (through classroom rules, i.e. raising hands)  to answer it correctly will be rewarded with one of the written tests.

A panel of judges will grade the written tests and the three highest scores will be announced at the Anime Jeopardy panel later that same day. Those who scored the highest will be the contestants for Anime Jeopardy.

The test has not been finalized, but it is expected to contain 7 sections with 4 to 5 per section. Each section has a different difficulty level and point value. A tie in points will be resolved using the total number of correct answers.

oslapedo

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2008, 11:41:09 pm »
Ooh, that sounds thorough. Any clue as for what the categories pertain...?

Offline AzuKyo

• Chibi
    • NHRV
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2008, 11:27:22 am »
 ;) A Variety of Things Related to Anime, Manga, Japanese Video Games, Japanese Culture and Language.

We will be revealing the Final Jeopardy (the final round of Jeopardy's two) categories at the end of the Contestant Selection panel.

Offline garfieldelric

• Chibi
    • Garfield's website
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2008, 01:13:01 pm »
W00t! I am so up for this!

A proud attendee of Kumoricon and SakuraCon.

oslapedo

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2008, 11:17:25 pm »
That sounds good to me! I look forward to pwning you all!

Offline Aima_Lucavi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2008, 01:59:22 pm »
sounds very interesting
sakuracon 09 cosplays:
Zetta-makai kingdom
Jim- Outlaw star
kcon 09 cosplays:
no freakin clue

Offline AzuKyo

• Chibi
    • NHRV
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2008, 11:33:44 am »
Okay. I've got times for everyone.

The Contestant Selection panel is scheduled for 5:30PM on Saturday in Panel 3 (First Floor)

Anime Jeopardy is scheduled for 8:00PM on Saturday in Panel 1 (Second Floor)

Once again, if you want to be a contestant in Anime Jeopardy, you MUST attend the Contestant Selection panel*.

Anime Jeopardy is 80% complete at this moment and we hope to see a good turn out for all the fun.

*Attending the Contestant Selection panel does not guarantee participation in Anime Jeopardy, only the chance to become a Jeopardy contestant.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 11:53:52 am by AzuKyo »

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2008, 11:36:33 am »
LOL, close, but not quite :)

Panel 3 is on the first floor, in the EMC (Executive Meeting Center).

Panel 1 is on the second floor.
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline AzuKyo

• Chibi
    • NHRV
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2008, 11:53:22 am »
Oh, so close.
* AzuKyo gets out the white out

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2008, 12:22:24 pm »
This sounds like fun I just might try out if I can.

Offline AzuKyo

• Chibi
    • NHRV
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2008, 11:22:31 pm »
Anime Jeopardy is officially complete. This means that the contestant selection test, all rounds of Jeopardy and the Final Jeopardy categories are completed and ready to go on Saturday.

The prizes are almost finalized. For a little hint to what they could be, I will say that I enjoy giving away sets and I might just have a boxset for the Grand Prize winner...

Offline AzuKyo

• Chibi
    • NHRV
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2008, 05:14:29 pm »
Double Post for the Sake of Updating

I just printed out the contestant selection tests and therefore can give a final number.

I have made 25 tests for 25 people (maximum) to take. As I mentioned before, if more than 25 people show up to the Contestant Selection panel (on Saturday at 5:30PM in Panel Room 3) then a question-and-answer will be a used to hand out the tests.

As of right now, I plan on using last year's anime jeopardy questions for this. Between now and the con I'll be moving out of my place and into a dorm, plus starting school, so I don't know if I'll have time to develop another series of questions.

Offline Kurosaki.Isshin

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2008, 08:03:20 pm »
So you have to take a test to be in it.. Oh well I might as well give it a shot.. :D
Cosplays for K-con

Saturday - Kurosaki Isshin - Bleach
Sunday - Dr. Franken Stein - Soul Eater
Monday - Dr. Franken Stein - Soul Eater *Knight in Team Red*

Offline AzuKyo

• Chibi
    • NHRV
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2008, 11:49:50 pm »
Correct.

And on that note:

It is a possibility that the tests might arrive late (this is a very slim possibility, but it exists). Thanks to school and scheduling, I won't be leaving Salem until between 3:00 and 4:00. In the case that it gets closer to 4, the chances of myself and my cousin (the host of Anime Jeopardy) running slightly late to the contestant selection panel goes up.

Not to worry. Having many friends at the con, I have arranged for two of our Anime Jeopardy judges to be at the panel to assure you that we will be there! (Sounds great huh?) They won't be able to administer the test, but they are fairly engaging people that you can talk to. Thinking about it now, they won't be able to do much other than assure you we will be there, but it is much better than having an empty room with people in it (bad things happen when such an occasion occurs).

This is probably not even an issue, as I believe we'll be able to make it on time. Just be warned, it is a possibility.