Author Topic: Piano Squall?  (Read 3616 times)

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
Piano Squall?
« on: August 21, 2007, 10:29:14 pm »
Brenda will probably roll her eyes at me if she reads this, but is Piano Squall going to come to this year's convention? I was looking forward to seeing him again. His last concert at Kumoricon was the first one I ever went to so I was hoping to kinda carry some sort of tradition.

I just want to know if I should stop hoping for an announcement that he's going to come ^^;;
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: Piano Squall?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 10:34:03 pm »
As far as I know, he is not going to be coming back this year. Yeah, kinda sad. I did seriously dig his music last year, but, in the stead of his live performance, I suggest buying and listening to "G.A.M.E.", his new album. Great stuff, and sure to provide some sort of substitute at the con. ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 11:36:52 pm »
Yeah, I was disappointed not seeing Piano Squall listed this year. I wasn't able to see his performance last year, but my friend did and she had nothing but good things to say about. Maybe next year.

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 12:57:25 am »
Lol, I was one of the pre-orders for GAME. I listen to it all the time at work. Yeah, it's a fairly good substitue, I guess, but it's no where near the real thing. The CD is just music and can get static, but when he plays its like you can tell he's reliving each part of the anime or games. Cheesy, I know, but those who have seen him probably get what I mean.

Or not. I'm kinda weird like that every once in a while.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 10:36:22 am »
Not weird at all, I totally agree. One wouldn't think watching somebody play the piano would be all that interesting, but Piano Squall is certainly one of the more entertaining performers. You're right, he gets into the music and just makes each song new every time he plays it. Great musician, he is. Maybe he will be back next year, let's hope!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline BoredHorror

• Chibi
    • http://www.boredhorror.deviantart.com
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 01:51:50 pm »
i hope so! he's so nice too- he gave me and a few other people free tee-shirts at sakuracon because we were waiting in line so early to see his performance
-Mikae

Offline bugzeek

• Oni
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 12:11:28 am »
i know at the moment he is not doing any shows for a year he is working on new stuff now. so u wont see him till thats done
zach neumann
Sakura-Con aux stage coordinator 2008
Sakura-Con tech staff 2007
Kumoricon tech industry (Sakura-Con) 2007

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 02:12:06 am »
That makes me sad :/ I had a feeling that work was the cause. That's okay, though. He's making a name for himself in a big industry, and that's most beneficial to him. Not the fans, but I know I can deal.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 02:15:41 am »
And even if he was touring or playing shows, a big part of the musical guests playing at Kumoricon is them being requested or asked to play by the people at KUmoricon. For example, A-Key Kyo have played at Kumoricon for at least two years, and even though they really wanted to play again this year, no spot was extended to them from Kumoricon officials, so they aren't playing. That's what I think is going on anyway.

But, I digress, yeah, hopefully we can see Piano Squall come back some year.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 02:15:49 am »
I remember listening to him rehearse his music on the piano by the game room at the Red Lion in 2006, it was awesome.  Let's all hope that we can get him back as a guest in the future so we can hear his new stuff live.
"Now I'll show you how real vampires do battle!"

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008, 07:42:47 am »
There's a piano in the lobby, we can fake it by bringing a squall cosplayer and a boombox!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 07:59:45 am »
There's a piano in the lobby, we can fake it by bringing a squall cosplayer and a boombox!

You know, I bet that would actually trick a good amount of people, haha

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2008, 11:08:47 am »
Just keep him at a distance from the people! Veil of secrecy then reveal at closing ceremonies! XD
Secrety secrets!