Author Topic: Anime Dating Game?  (Read 29730 times)

Offline Kurosaki.Isshin

• Sailor Scout
Anime Dating Game?
« on: July 08, 2008, 04:47:39 pm »
I herd this was fun last year, will it still occur?
Cosplays for K-con

Saturday - Kurosaki Isshin - Bleach
Sunday - Dr. Franken Stein - Soul Eater
Monday - Dr. Franken Stein - Soul Eater *Knight in Team Red*

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: Anime Dating Game?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 05:30:23 pm »
I'm sure it will, hey I may participate this time. I am trying to be more outgoing this year.

oslapedo

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 05:44:03 pm »
I assume there will be an age restriction on this?

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 07:13:53 pm »
If I remember right there wasn't one at Sakuracon but I have no idea. It should be open to everyone and just match them up to age (or around their age)

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 09:54:12 pm »
There is no age restriction... it's not really a dating game btw, it's just acting haha.

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 03:22:49 pm »
If I remember right there wasn't one at Sakuracon but I have no idea. It should be open to everyone and just match them up to age (or around their age)
XD Or how old you look. o-o Hell, I was told I was 19 once. 19! WTF?!

Offline Kaynin

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 05:15:29 pm »
Yes Sven and the gang will be doing it this year. none of us went to Sakuracon this year tho if your thinking its gonna be the same people as it [usually] is.
No, its not an actual Dating game. its called The Slightly anime dating game, which means people are supposed to be in their cosplay character, kind of.
As for age restriction to attend is none at all unless something would be after curfew.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 06:11:25 pm »
I want to do it. Do you have to register for it or is there a cast already set up? I want to see Temari as a contestant. I mean she could be asking them questions (like in the old style games where they can't see who they are) and in the middle be like "......Gaara?!" XD That would be EPIC!

oslapedo

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2008, 04:50:51 pm »
YAY! The only reason I brought up age limitations was because on another thread there was talk of making it only 18+. Well then, I'd definitely like to play  ;D

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2008, 06:41:41 pm »
I hope that there is participants or if it is scripted.

Offline Kaynin

• Cabbit
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2008, 11:03:41 pm »
18+ would, like i said, is only if we put up one past curfew and if then it would be in a tinny room. Hey, you never know if we might actually do it with out it be registered on the pamphlet cuz of "whatever".

As for picking "Prizes" (Bachelor/bachelorette) it depends on many things like if we see someone in a costume we really really like, for instance Jack the pumpkin king from last years Kcon we had asked him to come on as the main male prize. Or it could be something like a random trial of having people show up at a certain place/time and cherry picking. it really depends on how everyone feels to do whatever, ill talk with Sven and Minila about it.

When it comes to picking contestants, we have people stand up who wish to be on and ask series of questions like chocolate or strawberry Pokey to get it sorted out more and then pick from what we have left. Again, tho if we see a cosplay that's awesome (to us) we will pick you.

edit: only thing "scripted" are questions we give the "prize". Other than that people are supposed to be acting-ish in their cosplay character. (anything funny aslong as it's not too raunchy unless it really is after curfew as stated.)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 11:08:04 pm by Kaynin »

Offline garfieldelric

• Chibi
    • Garfield's website
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2008, 10:53:55 pm »
I'd do this. :) How do you choose the players?

A proud attendee of Kumoricon and SakuraCon.

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2008, 02:02:18 am »
Last year was amazingly fun. My friend was Midna, and she had a total blast. It was the highlight of her entire time at the con. I really hope they do it again!

If I get my costume done, I'd love to participate. It'd be fun to have POTC Davy Jones up there, I think. :)
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2008, 06:52:11 am »
I am so in. Do we have any idea on what time it is going to be? If it is going to happen this year.....

Offline Sven

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2008, 03:16:38 pm »
Hail And Well met! It's your friendly Slightly Anime Dating Game host. We're Are On for this year! Don't know when yet but I'll let you know. As for age. It IS NOT an over 18 event. There was talk of doing another game that would be. But for many reasons we felt that it would take away and not add to the game. As for being a prize in the game. Come in costume and in Character and find the men in the red kilts in the main lobby at noon. the day of the Game. Not everyone will get a spot. Sorry just not enough time to use everyone. We do look forward to having fun with everyone this year. And remember that even if you don't end up as a "prize" you can still get picked out of the audience to be on stage. If anyone needs more info let me know.
Autobots, transform and ROLL OUT!

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2008, 12:51:47 am »
Good to know and best of luck to everyone! I'll try my best to qualify ;)

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2008, 05:44:29 pm »
I'm looking forward to this, so please let me know of what time it is going on at the actual convention!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2008, 06:45:39 pm »
same ^_^

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2008, 09:54:40 am »
I always love these shows XD
I'm quite excited for this!! <33

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2008, 02:49:53 pm »
This should be cool.
I missed out last year, so I'm looking forward to hopefully being able to participate.
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2008, 10:58:39 am »
Much fun shall be had!!!
Secrety secrets!

Offline Sven

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2008, 09:48:13 pm »
Game "should" I repeat "should" be 10pm till 12am on Sunday in the Live Programing room.  End Transmission.

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2008, 09:55:25 pm »
I would like to be in it... sounds like fun. Maybe my all white-ness will make me stand out? XD *is Queen Garnet from endgame of FFIX*
KumoriCon 2012

Offline Kaynin

• Cabbit
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2008, 10:57:26 pm »
show up on time if you want to be a prize, other wise do your best to answer questions right to get picked.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2008, 07:15:59 am »
I want to try to be a prize. I will show up way early.......how early is early? 30 minutes before?

Offline Sven

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2008, 09:29:33 am »
Just make sure your not late. And BTW I'm still not sure how I'm going to narrow down the "prizes" this year since there seems to be a lot of people interested. I'll let you know what kind of proses it's going to be once I figure it out.

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2008, 01:13:24 pm »
Part of narrowing down could just be done depending on cosplay. Like, if fifteen Naruto's show up to be prizes, pick the best/most accurate costume or least seen version (Shippuuden) to be the prize?
KumoriCon 2012

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2008, 02:59:10 pm »
I like that idea. Narrowing it down based on costume ^_^

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2008, 03:24:12 pm »
I like it, too.
But it also might not be very nice to the other cosplayers, because you never know, they could have worked hard on their costume, and turning them down because someone else's is better then theirs wouldn't be the nicest thing.
Even if they knew the rules, knowing that their costume wasn't good enough might cause some hurt feelings.
But then again, if they knew the rules, they'd know what they were getting themselves into.
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2008, 03:29:20 pm »
Thats true and it isn't like it is a cosplay contest. It's a dating game.....narrowing it down is up to you.

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2008, 01:50:05 am »
I like it, too.
But it also might not be very nice to the other cosplayers, because you never know, they could have worked hard on their costume, and turning them down because someone else's is better then theirs wouldn't be the nicest thing.
Even if they knew the rules, knowing that their costume wasn't good enough might cause some hurt feelings.
But then again, if they knew the rules, they'd know what they were getting themselves into.

There's also the issue of someone having a nice costume because they bought it. Perhaps trueness to character would be appropriate?

If I might make a request, can we try to vary the people we get up there? It might not be fun for some con goers if most of the prizes or bachelors or bachelorettes were from one show. I remember one of the best responses out of the audience was Jack Skellington.

Offline Sven

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2008, 07:09:10 pm »
People who have been prizes in the past are far, FAR, less likely to be chosen again. we try to do the same for people that get picked out of the audience, but alas it's really hard to control that part of the game. The thing that will effect my choice of Prizes the most is how good your stage presence is. We need people that are going to be able to entertain the crowd. So I'm going to have people give me there ideas on what type of Prize they will be. I'm going to be doing a kind of one on one audition. I'll ask what kind of character you'll be. And see how you do reading some of our questions. BTW Part of Slightly Anime will be doing a late night panel on Dating at con. Namely Me and my wife. (We met at Sakura Con 6 years ago and have been happily married for almost 2 years) So if you would like you can talk to us then about being a prize, ether before or after the panel. If there are any more questions, comments, concerns please let me know. Sven out.

oslapedo

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2008, 11:47:43 pm »
I'm in! Hopefully I'll make it as a prize  :)

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2008, 12:06:00 am »
I have never been a prize XD This is my second time to Kumoricon and last year I only went for the last two days ^_^

oslapedo

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2008, 10:54:58 am »
It's my first year and I'm going all out! Being a prize would sweeten the con experience  ;D

Offline DeathNotePanda

• Chibi
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2008, 06:14:22 pm »
Oh I think this is gunna be so fun! So I have a couple questions. So do the people that get picked out of the crowd ask questions? Or do they get to participate in the game and try and win.  ??? I'm sorry for sounding so stupid right now but I really don't know since this is only my second year.

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2008, 06:41:13 pm »
Oh I think this is gunna be so fun! So I have a couple questions. So do the people that get picked out of the crowd ask questions? Or do they get to participate in the game and try and win.  ??? I'm sorry for sounding so stupid right now but I really don't know since this is only my second year.

That's not a stupid question at all :) I'm not running the panel, but this is what happened last year:
The prizes were prepicked and had question cards. Before they came in, three volunteers were chosen and given cards with questions to ask. All the questions are prechosen, it's just the MC's decision who gets to be one of the three people going for the prize.

The three players don't know who the prize is until the very end after the prize has chosen who he/she wants to "date". My friend was picked out of the audience to be one of the three players, and she had so much fun.

I'm going to try to be a prize, though. For that, if you hadn't read, you have to meet up with people in red kilts at the front entrance registration of Kumoricon. I think that's right. Best to double check. Also, the person in charge made a post about meeting up after a panel he/she had. I don't know what about, though.

oslapedo

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2008, 07:07:42 pm »
What are the red kilts for? x)

Offline Sven

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2008, 07:17:23 pm »
Prizes are given questions by us (Slightly Anime) to ask the contestants we pick out of the audience. The contestants are trying to get the Prize to pick them for the "date". How the contestant answer is up to them and is probably the most important part of the game. And the one We as the hosts have the least control over. Good contestants from the audience, with funny answers, will make this Game great. So to recap..... Prizes can not see the Contestants that are trying to win a date with them. Contestants are picked out of the audience and try through there answers to win the Prizes affections and therefor the game. Sound like fun? P.S. there is no date! But you do get a picture! P.P.S. the Red Kilts are, well ummm.... We like Kilts?

oslapedo

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2008, 07:25:37 pm »
Okay then xD So I should frolic over to any group of red-kilt-wearers if I see them?

Offline DeathNotePanda

• Chibi
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2008, 07:34:08 pm »
Oh okies!   ;D So this is gunna be on a Saturday right? Whats the time again?

Offline Sven

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2008, 07:43:22 pm »
Okay then xD So I should frolic over to any group of red-kilt-wearers if I see them?

I would hope that we'll be the only guys in red kilts in a group. so yes. And The game is 10pm to 12am on Sunday. You can also look us up at our panel about dating at con on sat 12am I guess that's actually 12am Sunday but what ever.

oslapedo

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2008, 08:31:17 pm »
Aw, it interferes with the yao/yuri pj party... I guess I could just go to PART of it... Decisions decisions!

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2008, 10:28:20 pm »
Dude. I'm all over the dating game thing. The only complication I can think of is the Pirates versus Ninjas, but I don't know when or if that's happening.

I so want to try!

Oh! A quick question. This bothered me last time since I wasn't sure.

I'm a girl cosplaying as a guy. Does that matter? I would, of course, try out to be a guy prize for the ladies.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2008, 11:17:12 pm »
Yeah I am going to be cosplaying as a guy (and I am a girl), but I'll also be a girl....should I favor one over the other?

Offline Sven

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2008, 09:47:36 am »
It is NOT a problem if you crossplay  however if your a girl you'll still be put up as a prize to the guys. and guys crossplaying will still be put up for the girls. This is to keep things even and fair. If I let a crossplaying girl be the prize for a girl round then I would have more girl prizes then guy prizes or vise-versa. With so few rounds (6 is all we have time for) that's only 3 slots for guys 3 for girls. It would be unfair to end up with 4 guy prizes and 2 girl prizes or something because of people crossplaying. Plus at least one same gender match is made at our game every year by picking same sex people out of the audience.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2008, 09:55:23 am »
Ok then I'll try to be Temari for this.....what day is this at?

Offline Sven

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2008, 12:40:53 pm »
Sunday 10pm to 12am. We will meet people who want to be prizes in the lobby at noon that day or at our panel at midnight on Saturday.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2008, 03:01:44 pm »
Sunday.....night? I can so do Sunday night, I thought it was Sunday morning. Oh thank god.

Offline DeathNotePanda

• Chibi
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2008, 08:03:08 pm »
Sunday 10pm to 12am. We will meet people who want to be prizes in the lobby at noon that day or at our panel at midnight on Saturday.
O.O And where is your pannel gunna be ??? ?