Author Topic: THE STUFF OF OURS IS FOUND AND BACK!!  (Read 4900 times)

Offline GinKyubiKitsune

• Chibi
THE STUFF OF OURS IS FOUND AND BACK!!
« on: September 01, 2008, 11:19:35 pm »
ok there was alot of thefts that seemed to happen at the con this weekend mainly on the last day... though here is where cosplayers who went to k-con 08 can help out!!! if you lost your things post what they are and give a picture of it if you can or a discription and if any one knows or seen it please contact the person who lost it!!! We all know how preashes things are like that...

I know for sure cause i had somethings stolen from me along with something of my friends.. so if you've seen or might have it cause you found them laying around please Contact me about them..

Things that got stolen from me and My friend..
Tan leather backpack (looks Like Kagome's back park from inuyasha) has brown spots on it like something was spilled on it..and a logo of the camal sigerets on the front top with weird pen writing. In it it has VERY VERY Important!! things... Laptop, CellPhone, tapes, fox umbrealla, ds, pokemon game diamond, power cords, mp3 cds, film tapes, and alot more.. from the exibit hall...

Black mesenger back with glitter writing on it and girly like things, Camra, $$, food, drinks, things from the exibet hall.

So..
If you see then around please get them and contact us.. we would really like them back.... we have already talked with the police about it so we hope to get them back soon.

COSPLAYERS MUST STICK TOGETHER!!
oh and also if you have any futtage of the con and you see someone with this type of things please send us the image hek put it up on youtube be grate and send us the link... we're trying to get it back.... Also we want to help out the people who also got there things stolen or if lost..

Thank you Everyone.... and PLEASE HELP!!

ok well we got the stuff back.. it was found acrossed the water on the other side of portland.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 05:08:47 pm by GinKyubiKitsune »
Kumoricon 2012 Cosplay

Kaizen Shade - Blood Jew'l - 50%
Dark Mousy - Dn Angel - 50%
Akefla - Yugioh - 75%

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
Re: 911!! URGANT!! THEFTS AT CON!!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 11:51:29 pm »
My friend got a red samsung camera stolen. If you found one please let me know. Thank you.
I miss 2010.

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 01:20:03 am »
ya really got to hold on to those things or keep them in a friends or your room i guess try and call the cellphone and see if the person picks up =/
++Wooper++Wooper++Wooper++

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline GinKyubiKitsune

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 07:50:24 am »
we've tryed that already but the phones kinda dead already... and well... yeah... lol.. and i'll keep my eye open if i spot that camra...
Kumoricon 2012 Cosplay

Akefla - Yugioh - 75%

Offline bananarick

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 07:54:28 am »
Oh yeah, I herd about that.
Apparently it was someone in a pinstriped hat.
At closing ceremonies someone asked if I had seen them.
I'm sorry thats all the info I can give though. >>
Blahblahblah

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 08:03:11 am »
Thanks. Its crazy really, but just about everyone that had a camera out at the con had a red samsung camera. XP
I miss 2010.

Offline GinKyubiKitsune

• Chibi
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 08:14:30 am »
lol yeah i know how that is... and yeah that was the guy he had a pinstriped hat.... thanks for all the help though... hope we can get out thigns back..
Kumoricon 2012 Cosplay

Akefla - Yugioh - 75%

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 01:35:40 pm »
A friend of mine got her bag and money stolen by a hobo and he tried to sell it back to her because he didn't know it was hers, but I think he might have gotten arrested.

Offline GinKyubiKitsune

• Chibi
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 03:01:52 pm »
A friend of mine got her bag and money stolen by a hobo and he tried to sell it back to her because he didn't know it was hers, but I think he might have gotten arrested.

well hope she gets her stuff back though...
Kumoricon 2012 Cosplay

Akefla - Yugioh - 75%

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 03:06:43 pm »
Man, it's really terrible when stuff like this happens. I like to think we're all part of a community or family if you will, so it annoys me to no end when something like this occurs. I hope you find your stuff.

*seething with anger*

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 03:29:40 pm »
Did they ever catch that guy?
We went around warning everyone after we'd heard.
We were actually scared to put down our stuff after that...
I hope you can get your stuff back, we cleaned up after the con but we never saw him..
Pisses me off that someone would do that

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 04:36:58 pm »
I'm not surprised but I am glad that there were arrests made at the convention and those thieves didn't just get away with it.

If you are missing something, make sure to mention it on the Lost and Found thread in General Discussion.
http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=7797.0

Come to think of it... maybe this thread should have been posted there.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline GinKyubiKitsune

• Chibi
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 05:12:59 pm »
yeah man i just want it back mainly to get my parents to stop yelling at me and putting me down about it being taken.
Kumoricon 2012 Cosplay

Akefla - Yugioh - 75%

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
    • Blue Banshees Productions
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 08:40:50 am »
It really sucks that things like this happen, but to be honest I'm actually surprised the thieving didn't happen sooner. Unfortunately it was probably inevitable that something like this would happen.

You really have to be careful with your things. Never, ever, put something down, even if you're posing for a picture. It's just not worth the risk. If you do, put it down right behind you, or just hold it behind you so it can't be seen in the photo.
When I posed for pictures I'd simply set my bags right behind me so I could easily whip around and grab them if needed. My wallet was tucked away inside my front pocket, my camera was strapped to my belt, my cane was secured around my wrist at all times or was right in front of me... You have to take every precaution you can. It's unfortunate that you have to, but you must.

But I hope all of the items that were taken are found, and I hope whoever stole the items gets what's coming to them.

This Year's Cosplay:
Jedi Knight, Heat Guy J(?)

Offline Ryu-chan

• Chibi
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 10:10:31 am »
more advice, keep no more then 60$ on you, there are atms and checkings accounts are free, there's a 3$ charge but thats not too bad.
and yea pin stripe, im assuming that badge he was seen with was also stolen too which makes me sad =( because i got a few trinkets stolen out of my backpack in the karaoke room, nothing major but still ='( and yes the reason why it doesnt happen sooner is becuse people are more precautious during that time, it happens alot during end day because people check out and carry their stuff with them i.e laptops and such, and are more tired with minds set on other things, the last day is always the day to be extremely careful

Offline GinKyubiKitsune

• Chibi
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 05:07:16 pm »
yeah i know well though i'm happy right now it's been found and is save though just lost the black bag and a ds is all.. the rest of the stuff is safely back home.
Kumoricon 2012 Cosplay

Akefla - Yugioh - 75%

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
Re: THE STUFF OF OURS IS FOUND AND BACK!!
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 10:22:58 pm »
I'm glad you were able to get the stuff back -_- what a jerk

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2008, 02:35:27 pm »
lol how did you randomly find it on the other side of portland?
++Wooper++Wooper++Wooper++

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline misamisa

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 01:40:39 am »
Wow, I'm so glad you guys got (most of) your stuff back.
I read this thread and honestly thought, "that really sucks, they'll probably never see that stuff again. T_T)

You guys are really fortunate!

It's unfortunate, but people really need to guard their stuff closely during the con!  I never bring anything more valuable than a camera to the con.  And the camera & my wallet are with me 24/7, I even bring them with me when I use the bathroom in my hotel room.  (I won't even trust roomies 100%. ^^;)
k-con '09: Creed (Black Cat); Euphemia (Code Geass); Ichimaru (Bleach); Takano (Higurashi no Naku koro Ni)