Author Topic: Cosplay Critiques!  (Read 52827 times)

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
Re: Cosplay Critiques!
« Reply #300 on: August 28, 2008, 09:21:41 pm »
XDD now THAT would be amazing.
KumoriCon 2012

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #301 on: August 28, 2008, 09:22:20 pm »
it was all the rough sex with Cliff >_>; (my favorite pairing ;D )

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #302 on: August 28, 2008, 09:24:25 pm »
*dies laughing* And then up comes a Cliff going "You were asking for it..." XD Such yaoi fans hehe. We're gonna scare the boys away!
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #303 on: August 28, 2008, 09:29:12 pm »
XD I can't wait for Sakuracon because we will have a Cliff in out group....I haven't quiet told him that its my favorite paring yet >_>

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #304 on: August 28, 2008, 09:37:48 pm »
You know boys shouldn't be so screamy about girls cosplaying boyxboy pairings. 90% of p0rn on TV includes girls on girls >>; And if the boy is cosplaying a boy and the girl's cosplaying a boy -- it's still boyxgirl there.... Big whiners.

*shrug* that's the only thing I get annoyed about with people who bash the yaoi/yuri and other such cosplayers. What's more different than them and just having fun? -_- Really... But let's not get into that..
Kumori'15

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #305 on: August 28, 2008, 09:42:00 pm »
I want to get fan pictures with cliff....I'm hoping there may be one at the con....I guess Fayt will do too. I think there will be a Fayt....I remember someone saying they were going to go as him ;D

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #306 on: August 28, 2008, 09:43:03 pm »
I doubt I'll get any fan pictures with my costumes xD If I can go to AX I'm going with a Sora and we're gonna pose randomly for pictures XDD
Kumori'15

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #307 on: August 28, 2008, 09:47:22 pm »
Then why'd you bring it up? They can have their fun... Just not in public places, pl0x.

I got one, I got one! http://phantomessterabithia.deviantart.com/art/Only-one-I-liked-96358755

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #308 on: August 28, 2008, 09:48:14 pm »
I... think I probably will be harassed greatly for pictures... just because I'm an FF character pretty much wearing a wedding dress. Though the shimmer fabric and the way it lays could make for some gorgeous photos at the photoshoot.
KumoriCon 2012

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #309 on: August 28, 2008, 09:50:08 pm »
yay for getting back on topic ^_^

I like the costume. It looks really cool....it would help if it was better lighting but still very good.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #310 on: August 28, 2008, 09:59:10 pm »
(Random blabbering I tend to do >< Sorry)

Looks very cool~ Is that a wig? Looks like the bangs of it could be styled a bit more for your cheeks, but that's about all I can nit-pick at. Maybe pull the hat a little farther onto the head too?
Kumori'15

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #311 on: August 28, 2008, 10:36:16 pm »
Let's see... umm. Davy Jones.

Davy Jones has a tentacle face.

Tentacle face.... that's not so much yaoi as it is straight on into the hentai category.
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #312 on: August 29, 2008, 12:09:00 am »
Wooo~
Cosplays 100% finished!
All 7 + Sai's suit is finished!
I feel so accomplished!

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #313 on: August 29, 2008, 12:21:38 am »
Wooo~
Cosplays 100% finished!
I feel so accomplished!

Lucky TT^TT
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #314 on: August 29, 2008, 12:33:10 am »
Wooo~
Cosplays 100% finished!
I feel so accomplished!

Lucky TT^TT
I feel very accomplished but the problem with having 8 cosplays is where to store them at the con for quick changes...

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #315 on: August 29, 2008, 06:22:23 am »
The problem I seem to run into is wanting to bring my winter coat so I don't freeze on the way back from the con to the room I'm staying at - but the coat's WAAAAY Too big and bulky ><;
Kumori'15

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #316 on: August 29, 2008, 06:27:58 am »
why would you need a coat. It isn't going to be that cold......*checks weather*

ok so it will be about 67....but that isn't cold, you wont need a winter coat >_>

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #317 on: August 29, 2008, 06:41:59 am »
I'm in mini skirts for two of my costumes, and wind + cold nights coming early at like 5pm... Yeaaaah >>; I'd just rather not be an ice cube. I'll probably be stuck wearing a hoodie >< Even though the winter coat could at least go over my costumes with their own jackets and what not - and my winter coat goes to my knees <3 Confirmed warmth mwahahahaha!!! *loves her coat*

And 67 at dark is cold, and if I remember right, Portland's in a valley-type area so it gets wind too.
Kumori'15

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #318 on: August 29, 2008, 09:51:24 am »
I kinda know what you mean. I'm wearing a mini skirt for two out of the three days and a open stomach shirt and a skirt that shows off one of my legs >_>

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #319 on: August 29, 2008, 10:03:49 am »
Yeah. I don't mind my arms cold, but my legs cold ><; No fun. Least all 3 have boots to mid calf, one's got leggings and the other has socks... x_x So that'll help the legs a little.
Kumori'15

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #320 on: August 29, 2008, 10:31:59 am »
You know boys shouldn't be so screamy about girls cosplaying boyxboy pairings. 90% of p0rn on TV includes girls on girls >>; And if the boy is cosplaying a boy and the girl's cosplaying a boy -- it's still boyxgirl there.... Big whiners.

*shrug* that's the only thing I get annoyed about with people who bash the yaoi/yuri and other such cosplayers. What's more different than them and just having fun? -_- Really... But let's not get into that..

I think yaoi crossplay is more silly than anything. You see, first of all, the guys are generally so effeminate that the girls don't like seeing guys cosplay them. Secondly, most of said girls are actually straight, and yet they're bipassing the actual males. Lastly, as melchizidek astutely points out in his signature, it's two girls in those costumes... so yaoi crossplay is actually yuri. ;)

When it comes right down to it, though, most fetishes are actually kinda funny, because of how far they get "sidetracked." hehe.

I kinda know what you mean. I'm wearing a mini skirt for two out of the three days and a open stomach shirt and a skirt that shows off one of my legs >_>

Bare midriff and thighs, no body hair below the neck, thigh-high stockings, a sarong/loin cloth, no pants, long tight cloth gloves, possible mascara....

Yeah, there's really no two ways about it: Albel wears drag. ;)
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #321 on: August 29, 2008, 10:32:51 am »
yeah I have thigh high tights on one and fishnets on the other >_>

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #322 on: August 29, 2008, 10:34:44 am »

Bare midriff and thighs, no body hair below the neck, thigh-high stockings, a sarong/loin cloth, no pants, long tight cloth gloves, possible mascara....

My Albel will be wearing mascara ^_^

I know he is basically a girl, that is why the yaoi parings are so great (especially the Cliff x Albel because it's more realistic than Albel x Fayt)

there I finally got it right x.x
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 10:36:41 am by nikkiolie »

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #323 on: August 29, 2008, 12:09:36 pm »
I dunno.. Albel doesn't like either boys in my opinion XDD Personally, I think in reality of Albel's lil twisted mind, he'd rather gut both Cliff and Fayt *snicker*

Yes side tracked crossplays. My friend and I will be victims of it hopefully at AX as Roxas & Sora. XD We just like having fun in general, so we're probably gonna do poses and get screaming girl fans around us hehe.
Kumori'15

Offline Kumi-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #324 on: August 29, 2008, 01:07:37 pm »
So, Ashi-spam! :D

It's done! Or at 95%!
I got more linen-look rayon so I can finish the arm covers. Gotta go wash it along with the rest of my cosplay laundry. And boots need to be taken in at the toes, they're still too big around the foot. And I'd like to do the small dagger before I leave. Luckily fimo dough bakes super-quick.

Other than that, I think I've just got a few small nitpicky things to tweak. But I'm so proud of how it looks. I can't wait for Sunday.
(Well, yes I can, because the Cardcaptor Sakura stuff still needs a lot of work, but I think my Tomoyo will be willing to help me out with that.)
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl
Wig fanatic, props junkie, fabric snob, cosplay addict

Smile smile!

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #325 on: August 29, 2008, 02:19:44 pm »
My Albel will be wearing mascara ^_^

I know he is basically a girl, that is why the yaoi parings are so great (especially the Cliff x Albel because it's more realistic than Albel x Fayt)

there I finally got it right x.x

I don't mind yaoi when it's called for. In Star Ocean 3 there definitely were some possible yaoi pairings. Of course, it's always just potential and "hinted" at, but when it's an obviously intentional hint, I say it counts as legit.

I'm not sure about Cliff and Albel.  Never saw their paired storyline. Fayt and Albel definitely do have that hinting in one possible plotline. My sister stumbled across it unintentionally and showed them to me... she was quite amused at what Albel considers a "friend," since he basically treats everyone like crap. ;)

Okay, enough OT for me...

Kumi-chan:

As expected, it looks awesome, even without you in it. ;) Looking forward to seeing him. I can quite respect good bow and arrow props.
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice