Author Topic: Yaoi will bring about the fall of man!  (Read 5081 times)

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
Yaoi will bring about the fall of man!
« on: June 26, 2008, 08:43:00 pm »
Everywhere I look I see Yaoi, in this forum, anime mags, convention boots and it makes me think What The Hell? I was just wondering if there were anyother anti-yaoi people here?

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
Re: Yaoi will bring about the fall of man!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 08:51:16 pm »
I don't really think much of it...I don't watch it and I've read some yaoi stuff, but it's just normal anime/manga to me. I don't like people who are overly obsessive over one thing, whether it's yaoi, Pocky, glomping, or anything else. So I'm not exactly against it, but I'm not like "OMG I LOVE YAOI!!11!!11!1" either.

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 09:02:24 pm »
I don't really think much of it...I don't watch it and I've read some yaoi stuff, but it's just normal anime/manga to me.

Same here. I'm not against it, though it isn't really my thing.
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 09:14:19 pm »
Eyah, this sounds about right...

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 09:34:07 pm »
Everywhere I look I see Yaoi, in this forum, anime mags, convention boots and it makes me think What The Hell? I was just wondering if there were anyother anti-yaoi people here?

I'm not a serious yaoi fan or anything, it's alright occasionally but..meh.

On that note. I do really hate yuri. because it IS EVERYWHERE. In TV commercials, on radio, movies plastered all over every convention art/dealers room. Of coarse, if I complain everyone tells me to STFU and calls me intolerant ec.

Yaoi is NOT everywhere. It's all but banned in popular media. It does exist at conventions, but even then it's kept in the back and certainly is not plastered all over the walls like het/yuri.

So Get the bloody hell over it.
Why are you guys SOO offended  by it anyway?
Are you soo insecure with your own sexuality/c*ck size that it frightens you?

No, that argument is so very trite. The only other reason must be that there such selfish little babies that the very idea of something you don't like exists turns into whiny little children. If you don't like it, avoid it, it isn't difficult. And if you INSIST that it is 'everywhere' ( which is the most BS statement I have ever heard) than you may as well just kill yourselves because I hate to tell you this but the world does not revolve you. Things that you do not approve of, do exist.

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 09:46:46 pm »
Way to be nice.  ::)
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 09:46:53 pm »
Well, while I have had no direct exposure to yaoi (or yuri for that matter), I am not fond of it. If I were to use the word 'hate' when speaking about yaoi/yuri, it would be the fans/fanatics that I'd be speaking of. I truly hate the yaoians, you all know the type I am talking about too. The groups that make every gathering, every anime con, every japanese pop-cultural experience a potentially awkward situation. Yeah, I don't dig it, I just find it a source for unprecedented obnoxious behavior, attitudes, and people.

*end rant*

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 09:47:28 pm »
Yaoi is NOT everywhere. It's all but banned in popular media. It does exist at conventions, but even then it's kept in the back and certainly is not plastered all over the walls like het/yuri.

Im just going to say this once, kcon 06 and sakuracon 07 might as well have been called yaoi con. EVERY exhibitor was selling yaoi and it was a major theme in posters everywhere. It actually made the con less enjoyable because I had trouble finding anything that wasnt yaoi
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 09:47:43 pm by Daxe »

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 09:48:46 pm »
I don't obsess over it, and I got a little sick of it after a point. I started a thread for it for a meet up at Kcon but as the thread went on I didnt wanna do it so much. I kept going though, so not to disappoint any friends. I like the occasional yaoi but when you have friends  who base everything on yaoi it gets pretty old. I'm probably not gonna go to the event I planned for long cause I've found almost every single yaoi fan gives me head aches. Y.Y

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 09:56:14 pm »
I am tired of these yaoi fan girls turning non-yaoi characters into yaoi artwork. Look if a character is meant for yaoi then I can avoid it and dont care, to each his own. But when you take some fav character that were never intended for yaoi and yaoi-ize them i really bugs me.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 09:56:38 pm by Higuma »

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 09:57:38 pm »
I don't obsess over it, and I got a little sick of it after a point. I started a thread for it for a meet up at Kcon but as the thread went on I didnt wanna do it so much. I kept going though, so not to disappoint any friends. I like the occasional yaoi but when you have friends  who base everything on yaoi it gets pretty old. I'm probably not gonna go to the event I planned for long cause I've found almost every single yaoi fan gives me head aches. Y.Y

That's exactly how I feel about it. Yaoi itself, is fine but the fangirls " OMFG!!1!11!! YOW-IIIE!!!" It's very irritating.

Then there are some who just plain piss me off. It's like they do it purely for shock value. Grow the hell up.

I am tired of these yaoi fan girls turning non-yaoi characters into yaoi artwork. Look if a character is meant for yaoi then I can avoid it and dont care, to each his own. But when you take some fav character that were never intended for yaoi and yaoi-ize them i really bugs me.

But people do that to female characters constantly. So much so, that people don't even notice becuase it's just a stigma that all anime females are inhierantly lesbians/bi.

I don't completley dissagree wiyth you though. When people accept that the majority of yaoi pairings are 'fanon' that's fine but it is VERY annoying when people INSIST that characters ARE gay when they so obviously are not.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 10:01:31 pm by ThiefKingsHier »

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 09:59:39 pm »
Oh @Higuma, I hate it when people get all pissed at the girl in the story just cause she takes away the guy from the yaoi couple that doesn't exist. That's one thing that really made me start to get sick of it cause everyone hates Kairi cause she destroys Sora and Riku. XD I love Kairi and Sora! Just saying. XP

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 10:09:29 pm »

Im just going to say this once, kcon 06 and sakuracon 07 might as well have been called yaoi con. EVERY exhibitor was selling yaoi and it was a major theme in posters everywhere. It actually made the con less enjoyable because I had trouble finding anything that wasnt yaoi

Way to prove my point.

The only other reason must be that there such selfish little babies that the very idea of something you don't like exists turns into whiny little children.

No one forced you to buy/look at it.

Second of all, that's just plain untrue. When you walked in the dealers room the FIRST thing you say were giant posters of practically naked girls with HUGE tits. Then there was the both using real life models to sell they're merchandise.
My guy friend whom I can assure is very not gay, was actually the first to see this and say " My god what a blatant double standard"

It was annoying but I'm not so petty to say it ruined my convention It's all in your head because you hate it so much. That much is a FACT I wont even bother arguing.

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 10:12:03 pm »
I know for a fact if you just pick out the bad parts of people and things you won't be happy, even if your favorite things are there. You just have to ignore it. : /

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 11:12:41 pm »
Well, while I have had no direct exposure to yaoi (or yuri for that matter), I am not fond of it. If I were to use the word 'hate' when speaking about yaoi/yuri, it would be the fans/fanatics that I'd be speaking of. I truly hate the yaoians, you all know the type I am talking about too. The groups that make every gathering, every anime con, every japanese pop-cultural experience a potentially awkward situation. Yeah, I don't dig it, I just find it a source for unprecedented obnoxious behavior, attitudes, and people.

*end rant*
I couldn't agree with you more. Although I'm not a big fan of yaoi, I can tolerate it a whole lot better when people aren't screaming "OMGAW yaoi!" in my ear off and on for three days. When it gets to that point, it's not whether or not you should ignore it because you're not partial to it... it's more like a need to cease the fangirl squealing. Not to hurt anyone's feelings but it sure gets old, you know?
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2008, 11:25:40 pm »

Ergh, that's why I hate the Kingdom Hearts fandom nowadays. It's also why I'm making my sitar- so I can beat off rabid yaoi fangirls that want me to do awkward poses with Roxas or Zexion. I mean, seriously. I laugh at the fantards like the rest of the right-minded smart people on the internet, but when you're not on the internets so you can't hide behind an IP address masker and you're faced with a bunch of Naruto headband-wearing teenaged girls making their Axel and Roxas plushies kiss... It's scary. You've seriously got to speak loudly and carry a huge weapon.

And then there's the fantards that slash for slash's sake. Oh gods, why did they have to do that to poor Cloud and Sephiroth? They just draw them kissing because it looks cute.

Excuse me, I need to go kill a small defenseless fluffy animal out of hatred and spite. Ja ne!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2008, 12:50:11 am »

Ergh, that's why I hate the Kingdom Hearts fandom nowadays. It's also why I'm making my sitar- so I can beat off rabid yaoi fangirls that want me to do awkward poses with Roxas or Zexion. I mean, seriously. I laugh at the fantards like the rest of the right-minded smart people on the internet, but when you're not on the internets so you can't hide behind an IP address masker and you're faced with a bunch of Naruto headband-wearing teenaged girls making their Axel and Roxas plushies kiss... It's scary. You've seriously got to speak loudly and carry a huge weapon.

And then there's the fantards that slash for slash's sake. Oh gods, why did they have to do that to poor Cloud and Sephiroth? They just draw them kissing because it looks cute.

Excuse me, I need to go kill a small defenseless fluffy animal out of hatred and spite. Ja ne!

Yes! I loathe the Final Fantasy yaoi fandom! It is terrible the images I have seen and the stories fangirls/boys write about Cloud, Zack, and Sephiroth (and even Vincent....why?!??!). These are characters that just have no reason whatsoever to be involved in a yaoi moment, yet lo and behold! there they are, snuggling, shirtless and......well, you know. It is just ridiculous, and most fandoms get derailed like errant locomotives because of yaoi, lol. Terrible. ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2008, 01:40:45 am »
Ugh, one time my friend was looking up yaoi fan fics on her dad's phone for Kadaj and Cloud. I read some of it and it was sick. o.0 She gets hyper on this stuff every day! It's scary! 0.0

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2008, 02:11:27 am »
D : Slash for slash's sake, I'm telling you! It's just to the point where the female otaku population isn't homophobic, they're freaking heterophobic!

Hehe, the Cloud/Kadaj yaoi makes me think of that scene in Spaceballs with Dark Helmet and his dolls action figures... "No! No! I hate you! I hate you! Yet... I'm strangely attracted to you..."

D : LEAVE THE OBVIOUSLY STRAIGHT FINAL FANTASY MEN ALONE!

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2008, 02:32:28 am »
Richie.... that was an amazing comparison you just made.... thank you.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2008, 11:25:00 am »
Yar velcome. I've watched that movie so many times that it's just gotten to the point where it's... Second nature, I suppose.

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2008, 11:27:31 am »
I remember...this one couple was cosplaying L and Light last year..and then they started to make out in front of everyone at the glomp circle...okay 1) PDA is GROSS! Do your tongue sword fighting at home, kiddies! and 2) what made it even worse was all the fangirls screaming on the top of their lungs "OH MAH GAH YAOI!!! HOLD THAT POSE WHILE I GO GET MY CAMERA!!11!!1!1!!"

Seriously! It makes my con experiences...well, not so enjoyable  :-\

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2008, 11:29:42 am »
I remember that. Weren't they chained together? It's on Youtube.

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2008, 11:33:26 am »
I have no clue. I don't have any desire to look it up to confirm my accusations either haha

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2008, 12:32:43 pm »
Err I don't think they were. I'm pretty sure I saw that L a lot, it was the only guy L and he was practically all over half the people there so he kinda couldn't be chained to any one person. XP

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2008, 01:22:00 pm »
I remember...this one couple was cosplaying L and Light last year..and then they started to make out in front of everyone at the glomp circle...okay 1) PDA is GROSS! Do your tongue sword fighting at home, kiddies! and 2) what made it even worse was all the fangirls screaming on the top of their lungs "OH MAH GAH YAOI!!! HOLD THAT POSE WHILE I GO GET MY CAMERA!!11!!1!1!!"

Seriously! It makes my con experiences...well, not so enjoyable  :-\
I'm glad i missed that one

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2008, 01:37:18 pm »
It isn't so much Yaoi that I can't stand, it is in fact, the fans of Yaoi. There is such thing as being a fan, and being mellow about it. I'm not going to deny that I don't mind it, because I don't. As long as the people I'm having a conversation about it with can be mature, and grown up, then it's alright.
The ONLY thing I truly fan over though, is Leon Kennedy. ~ ~;
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline risotto

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2008, 05:02:25 pm »
It's really a matter of common sense with fandom in general. Like what you like, don't be obnoxious about it. That being said, from what I've seen that 'common sense' seems to FLY out the window half the time >_> Extreme fandom just ruins everything you originally liked about it.

If there's one thing I've learned, its that you can't stop a wild imagination. Just look at Reborn for example; I've read through most of it and saw almost no hints of yaoi undertones, yet there's thousands of fanwork with slash all over it. I honestly wonder if these yaoi fans realize how out of control they can be.

Out of integrity, I sort of admire these people in that they're so open about what they like. Whether it be yaoi, oddball hobbies or anything socially awkward, it takes a certain amount of guts to express their interests proudly. Then again, that can be mistaken for ignorance.

Anyhow, tl;dr I don't loathe or obsess over yaoi, moderation and common sense rules all.

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2008, 05:25:29 pm »
i'm pretty much agreed with most here about the subject. i don't pay attention to it if i don't have to, but i don't like it being shoved in my face... ie by fangirls/boys but mostly fangirls screaming "YAOI" everywhere... *ugh* or when i try to look up images of final fantasy characters etc and find unnecessary yaoi drawings of said characters that make noooo sense at all. also, its annoying to see all the yaoi based threads here on the forums. seems every other time i log in there is some new one that from the topic name looks just as dumb as the rest... >.<

well, pretty much everyone has said what i am thinking already, so i'll just say that i agree. *wants to go on obnoxious yaoi fan killing spree...* hrm... might make for a good comic *ponders* >.O

let's all meet at icicle inn!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2008, 07:46:24 pm »
Oh boyohboyohboyohboy! A yaoi fangirl killing spree? Hmm, we'd need somewhere to hid the bodies.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2008, 08:41:12 pm »
Hahaha, this reminds me of the GD on gaia, everyone is bashing each other.  ;) But onto my opinion...

Yaoi and Yuri is just another form of manga/anime. Going directly to the source of saying 'Yaoi/Yuri should be banished with all of the fans, or only the obsessive ones' is immature in more then one way. I don't much care for it as much as I do for a straight romance anime, or just a regular anime in general, and there are things that are WAY more obsessed over in the convention world then just those two topics. Having huge, half naked girls as the first things that you see in con are regretful, but it's not so much that yuri is bad as the people advertising it are. Same goes for Yaoi. And, if anything, blame the fans, not the fanbase.

As long as Yaoi/Yuri stays within the simple guidelines of just someone of the same gender liking another, then it doesn't deserve to be bashed. No matter how often it comes up, it's the fangirls, not the thing itself.

Gah, long message. I don't like arguing, either.  :-[

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2008, 08:45:40 pm »
I don't think it's really getting GD bad, but it's certainly pretty funny.

But you definitely have to blame the fans and not the fandom. 'Cause, ya know, the fans are all nuts.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2008, 08:47:33 pm »

But you definitely have to blame the fans and not the fandom. 'Cause, ya know, the fans are all nuts.
Wish I could emphasize the 'all' more.

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2008, 09:17:56 pm »

Wish I could emphasize the 'all' more.

I like yaoi and every time I hear " ZOMFG!11!!1!! YOW-IE!" I want to throttle the irritating brat.

It's mainly just the children I think, because they are at that age where they have to do everything for shock value or to be 'wild' 'unique' ex.
Plus every time I say " I've THOUIGHT about going to yaoi-con, but  haven't because I would stab myself repeatedly if I were stuck with a bunch of fangirls for a weekend"

The response is ALWAYS the same " It's 18+ only, so we really don't get a lot of that"