Author Topic: is Music what keeps you going?  (Read 4954 times)

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
is Music what keeps you going?
« on: June 22, 2008, 06:37:12 pm »
Just wondering if I'm not the only one who worships it lol I even make my own (singer) So whats your favorite band? song? Mabey you can introduce me to a song I never knew about I dont know but yeah I just want to talk about music for some strange reason...... possibly because I need to broaden my musical library and possibly because I just love the stuff ^-^

Bands I like off the top of my head...

*Disturbed
*Paramore
*Evanescence
*Porcilian and the tramps

Thers more but I usually go by song cuz I have a hard time remembering stuff.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 06:56:18 pm by Black~Rose »

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
Re: is Music what keeps you going?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 09:07:03 pm »
I like the music I play in band class. Prairie Dances, Sleigh Ride, American Riversongs... those were fun.
Also, I like video game music, movie soundtracks, and TV show theme songs. I don't have a list of favorite bands like most people. Well, I do, but it only consists of one or two. My favorite band is L'Arc~en~Ciel. I really like Greg Patillo, and I want to get "Winter in June" which is the album by Project, the band (err, ensemble) that he is in. I have a feeling that once I get that CD they would get on that list of favorites. Green Day used to be my favorite band, but I've changed and don't like to listen to their music much anymore. Although I still have a great respect for the music.
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 09:11:24 pm »
cool I think I've heard of your favorite band. isn't it a Japanese group?

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 09:42:45 pm »
Yep. I was actually introduced to them through Fullmetal Alchemist because they did Ready Steady Go, one of the opening songs to the series. I started listening to their other stuff and liked it. :]

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 09:45:11 pm »
there are time that listening to certain music is a recharge, other times it makes my heart go doki doki, like gackt (I actualy had a dream where I was at a gackt concert...sigh
Gackt is my favorite singer, (tho it is hard to just call him a singer as he has a bunch of really talented musitions who play with him, (called gackts family or gacktjob)
in the movie of my life gackt is the stuff playin tho some times hyde and l'arc'n ciel and orange range and other j-rock/pop songs but usally a specific song
this is my fav gackt song but what I love about it is the strong violin at the begining played by a violin god called You-san- mizrables

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2vISEHmyaw

I just love this one too -cube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKKlIchmgKs

and this is one I listen to when I am sad or emotional  Kimi Ga Matteiru Kara (You'll Be Waiting)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPJe_jauHZw
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 10:01:14 pm »
OMG THOSE ARE AWSOME!!!!

@Cassiopia Wow, I didnt know that I found them on anime jukebox

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 02:59:25 am »
Mmmm check these out

*Hyde [J-pop] (Did some music for Blood+)             Evergreen, Secret Letters, Hello, Careless Whisper
/\- Singer for L'Arc~en~Ciel that also does solo stuff dont know how to distinguish them apart...
*Maximum the Hormone [J-Rock]  (I'm sure you know their death note into)      Nitori BB Sensou, Black Yen Power G-Men Spy, Koi No Mega Lover
*Home Made Kazoku [J-...rap? hip-hop?]  (Some random anime i think)   Aikotoba, Joyride, Shounen Heart
*Tommy february6 [J-pop] (alter ego of a singer from another band)     Candy Eyes Dolls, Candy Pop In Love, Dancin' Baby
/\- Singer for The Brilliant Green, also good tracks

Off the J Charts though...
*Sonata Arctica [Power Metal] (If you liked Dragon Force...)     Misplaced, My Selene, Replica
*Eric Johnson [Instumental Rock (Guitar)] (Well known guitarist had a song in guitar hero)     Cliffs of Dover, Manhattan, Desert Rose

And to Black~Rose, you might like Portishead imo its very evanescencey, and Seether is very Disturbediedy(?)
And i've got so-ho-ho much more just tell me your genre =)
++Wooper++Wooper++Wooper++

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 07:42:29 am »
rock and techno

lol Has anyone heard of toybox?

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 02:12:01 pm »
I listen to a lot of stuff. Jrock/visual kei, some jpop, techno (mostly Russian), chiptune/8 bit, electronica, horrorpunk/psychobilly, black metal, blah blah blah. Yeah I'm all over the place.

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 02:30:57 pm »
I remeber when I went and saw hyde, the lead singer in concert and my fiance was worried i wouldnt like his material as much (his other solo stuff was lighter), but he had nothing to worry about as it was much rockin
he did this version of lucy in the sky- it was like wow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9DKZw0rjIo

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 02:55:55 pm »
o_o

I tried watching it... and I couldn't get through it. He couldn't sing the right notes. I don't believe that song was meant to be sung that way, no offense to Hyde... that was just... scary.

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 03:10:31 pm »
lol

@ larifer I listen to a variety as well but rock and techno are usually the first to pop into my mind

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 03:16:16 pm »
Yeah....it's no good to shut yourself off from other genres

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 03:19:20 pm »

Yeah well I dont like rap at all but in some cases if its funny or there more singing than rap put into it I will like it. Hip-hop is also sort of an iffy thing. I don't really care for the materialistic songs or the highly sexual I'm-so-full-of-myself songs but on occasion they can be funny as a joke.

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 03:45:48 pm »

Yeah well I dont like rap at all but in some cases if its funny or there more singing than rap put into it I will like it. Hip-hop is also sort of an iffy thing. I don't really care for the materialistic songs or the highly sexual I'm-so-full-of-myself songs but on occasion they can be funny as a joke.

I hate rap and country. It's the two genres I can't stand. And for the "highly sexual I'm-so-full-of-myself songs"...Katy Perry's "I Kissed A Girl" is so damn addictive @____@

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2008, 03:47:57 pm »

I hate rap and country. It's the two genres I can't stand. And for the "highly sexual I'm-so-full-of-myself songs"...Katy Perry's "I Kissed A Girl" is so damn addictive @____@

Lol I heard that one, its a pretty good song

Yeah I dont like country much but some of it is good. The hillbilly crap is bad

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 03:56:28 pm »
Meh haven't heard anything good country wise.

Yay rockabilly! <3 <3 <3

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2008, 04:17:48 pm »
My dad listens to country =_= so annoying

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2008, 04:43:06 pm »
to me the worst in the world (I mean no offence)
Neil Diamond gag barf puke dispise with all my heart

we would go on road trips a lot and my mom would listen to the same tape over and over and over, and i could never sleep on road trips, and the speaker vibration would make me sick,

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2008, 04:44:34 pm »
wow I don't blame you then

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2008, 05:08:57 pm »
Its funny when I think about it , 2 years ago, I would have said music is what totally keeps me going, the spring in my step, keeps me happy and helps me tap my creativity (i love to sew with my music blasting)
tho now its so my hunny kendo boyfriend aka my fiance chris, that he is so there for me uncondtionaly (and I have heavy childhood emotional issues)
and he buys me gackt and l'arc'n'cial albums
and this thingy for graduation
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=CRBP-10049
tho never date peeps for what they buy you, but do apreshate it.  I know how lucky I am when I hear about my friends husband who always forgets to get her stuff for her christmas stocking and goes to walgreens on christmas eve

off topic a bit but really music is so ties to emotions, it so it makes sence to date some one who you can listen to music with (and eat with but thats another topic)

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2008, 07:07:25 pm »
Its funny when I think about it , 2 years ago, I would have said music is what totally keeps me going, the spring in my step, keeps me happy and helps me tap my creativity (i love to sew with my music blasting)
tho now its so my hunny kendo boyfriend aka my fiance chris, that he is so there for me uncondtionaly (and I have heavy childhood emotional issues)
and he buys me gackt and l'arc'n'cial albums
and this thingy for graduation
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=CRBP-10049
tho never date peeps for what they buy you, but do apreshate it.  I know how lucky I am when I hear about my friends husband who always forgets to get her stuff for her christmas stocking and goes to walgreens on christmas eve

off topic a bit but really music is so ties to emotions, it so it makes sence to date some one who you can listen to music with (and eat with but thats another topic)

so true. My opinion on guys is that its not worth it to seek them out cuz it never works out that way.  If someone actually like me for who I am then things will fall into place on their own. theres no need to worry about it.

And through my issues (like you my childhood is not perfect by any means, I'm not sure if my issues measure up to yours but I understand what you mean regardless) Music has let me express my emotion and thats why I love it so much, thats why I love to sing.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2008, 09:13:22 pm »

so true. My opinion on guys is that its not worth it to seek them out cuz it never works out that way.  If someone actually like me for who I am then things will fall into place on their own. theres no need to worry about it.

And through my issues (like you my childhood is not perfect by any means, I'm not sure if my issues measure up to yours but I understand what you mean regardless) Music has let me express my emotion and thats why I love it so much, thats why I love to sing.
I wish I could sing well i pass on rock band but thats about it, I will have to catch you at karaoke some time during k-con
as for meeting boys, I agree cuz it worked for me <3 besides lots of guys are stoopid and need rocks throw at them, girls have high standerds we deserve it!

as for baggage its been my veiw (which is hard to explain but i will try) that people have the right to the baggage they have aquired, even if by compairson its not as bad as what some one else went thru, doesen't mean it wasn't emotionaly so at the time

its funny how my emotion affect what music i like to listen to, I can't listen to my 'happy' music when I am sad, but I can listen to my 'sad' music when I am happy,
I like modest mouse, it is like my depressed music that will just make me depressed, but kinda let me get over that feeling faster

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2008, 12:30:09 pm »
yeah I love how it makes us stronger even if we dont realize it.

heres me singing a song I wrote called falling
http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j297/element-princess/videos/?action=view&current=Produce.flv

and another song that I don't have a title for yet
http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j297/element-princess/videos/?action=view&current=Produce_0.flv

Offline vineboy33

• Cabbit
    • Oregon J-Rock fan page
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2008, 12:08:17 pm »
An cafe
Versailles
An cafe is my #1
NYAPPY LOVE TO ALL CAFEKKOS
NYAPPY