Author Topic: Where to find wide-size boots?  (Read 1245 times)

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
Where to find wide-size boots?
« on: June 10, 2008, 01:09:02 am »
I need these boots in a 9 1/2 Wide. I checked Jay's Wide Shoes but they have an EXTREMELY limited supply (must have been maybe 75 pairs in the entire store) and were super expensive (actually, I didn't even check their boot prices, but they wanted 100$ for a 40$ pair of sneakers).

Who in this area would have boots like that in a size like that? You can't see it from that angle, but they're flats, which makes it even more difficult.

Arch support a plus--yes, I have abnormal feet--but if not, I can use inserts.

Offline jupiter13_00

• Chibi
    • Fanarts
Re: Where to find wide-size boots?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 03:30:16 pm »
If you can't find some, you could make them. Take a pair of sneakers that fit, then get fabric in the color you need. Build up and around the sneaker, and use some stable batting on the back of the fabric to make it stiff and stand up. It may seem a little hard but my boyfriend did it with a pair of sandles and some glue. So if you have any sewing skills it may even be easier.
KumoriCon 2010

Did you see us? Me and my Boyfriend were the Eyesheild 21 cosplayers.

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 03:40:38 am »
Oh my...I can't even begin to picture that. And I can sew basic stitching, but that's it.

Offline yukimizu

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 08:34:54 pm »
For my sailor moon costume, I had to order official cheerleader boots in a size bigger than I normally wear.
I got them here: http://dancecheer.net/dirfootwear.html

Basically, if you need the turned down flap, you could probably sew a piece and glue it to the top (Also what I did for the tops of my moon boots) I used Glue Lines brand continuous glue lines *clear*