Author Topic: Manga and Anime Artists Wanted!  (Read 4333 times)

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
Manga and Anime Artists Wanted!
« on: May 02, 2008, 12:00:59 am »
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I am a manga writer searching for artists who would like to form a studio and help draw my story. This is one of my reasons for attending Kumoricon, but that shouldn't stop me or anyone from meeting up beforehand. My manga is a sci-fi action love story about a boy who loses his girl in the crossfire of a war between a tyrannical empire and a peaceful kingdom, and answers their call for help, as well as his call for revenge, by designing, creating, and commanding his own space force to combat the empire. Girls and guys are welcome to apply or volunteer. I'm not too loaded right now as far as funds are concerned, but I would like to work up to that. It would also help if any of the artists were comfortable with roleplaying, whether live or with paper and dice. Anyone with any questions, please post below.
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
Re: Manga and Anime Artists Wanted!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 10:48:10 pm »
 :(...oh well at least I tried.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 07:48:56 am »
Well, I wish I was a manga-ka, then I could help you out, but I am not. I'd say don't get discouraged though. Keep looking. It sounds like a feasible plot, and I'm sure it would do well if you could find the right people. So yeah, don't give up! Keep looking! ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 09:39:25 pm »
hrm, that sounds like it could be fun ^.^ i'd be willing to volunteer, if my style of drawing is suitable or up to your standards. i'll have to pick out some of my better drawings and such, though i don't have a lot of manga/anime style drawings in my portfolio... but i do have some chibi-style ones posted in a thread on the forums: "want some fun chibi drawings"

but let me know and i can do some sketches or something for you ^.^

let's all meet at icicle inn!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 11:42:41 am »
If you have time during the con, please come by Kumoricon's fan creation programming area. We will have two rooms this year, and one of them will be focussed almost entirely on manga and anime style art. Typically we have "meet-ups" for people who create manga and webcomics. That might be a great way to meet folks to help with your project!

You are also welcome to sign up for the yahoo group whose members are involved in planning that programming.....the_creation_station@yahoogroups.com
(or PM me your email, and I'll send you an invite).
We have members who joined us from conventions other than KC, so you might find additional help there :)_
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 02:39:29 am »
hrm, that sounds like it could be fun ^.^ i'd be willing to volunteer, if my style of drawing is suitable or up to your standards. i'll have to pick out some of my better drawings and such, though i don't have a lot of manga/anime style drawings in my portfolio... but i do have some chibi-style ones posted in a thread on the forums: "want some fun chibi drawings"

but let me know and i can do some sketches or something for you ^.^

Yay! ;D I'll want to see them. Even if they don't seem anime-ish, I wanna see. *hugs the chibis*

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 09:07:47 am »
weeee! well, i have some art on my myspace (i'm lame... lol). the link for that is http://www.myspace.com/kahlan4

i hope you like them, and at some point i'll do some anime/manga style drawings for you ^.^

let's all meet at icicle inn!

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 12:47:28 am »
weeee! well, i have some art on my myspace (i'm lame... lol). the link for that is http://www.myspace.com/kahlan4

i hope you like them, and at some point i'll do some anime/manga style drawings for you ^.^

I do I do, check your my space messages for my response. :)

Any more pen warriors want to join our party?  8)

Offline Bundyangel

• Sailor Scout
    • Bundyangel15's Deviantart
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 03:21:52 pm »
I've made a few comics before, and i can draw manga/anime stylez(sorta) but im mostly a face/hair drawer, and a colorist. i have mad digital art skillz (see my avatar, i drew and colored that)

all my art goes on my deviantart: http://Bundyangel15.deviantart.com
Cosplay of Kcon '07:
Naminé - KHII
Cosplay for Kcon '08:
Cosplay for Kcon '09

Didn't Happen

Cosplay for Kcon '10
Sakura Kinomoto - 10%
Pokemon Gijinka - 0%

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2008, 07:20:04 pm »
Um... I suck at coloring, but I can do decent concept sketches without reference. I have a few pics scattered throughout the forums.

Offline CC3

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 06:09:40 pm »
I'd be interested but I'm not very good and my deviant art account is an embarrassment. I do really like how the story line is shaping up so I hope you find someone.

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2008, 07:45:18 pm »
I've made a few comics before, and i can draw manga/anime stylez(sorta) but im mostly a face/hair drawer, and a colorist. i have mad digital art skillz (see my avatar, i drew and colored that)

I might be able to use you. Would you be interested in trying a small project for me?

Offline Bundyangel

• Sailor Scout
    • Bundyangel15's Deviantart
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2008, 08:45:07 pm »

I might be able to use you. Would you be interested in trying a small project for me?

Depends... What kind of project do you have in mind?
Cosplay of Kcon '07:
Naminé - KHII
Cosplay for Kcon '08:
Cosplay for Kcon '09

Didn't Happen

Cosplay for Kcon '10
Sakura Kinomoto - 10%
Pokemon Gijinka - 0%