Author Topic: MUST see movie of 2009 "Bunraku" starring Josh Hartnett..and GACKT!!  (Read 21327 times)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
as resident uber gackt fan, I am super exited about this movie due out next year
"Bunraku"
'A mysterious drifter (Josh Hartnett) and an ardent young Japanese warrior Yoshi (Gackt) both arrive in a town that is terrorized by outrageous and virulent criminals. Each is obsessed with his separate mission, and guided by the wisdom of The Bartender (Woody Harrelson) at the Horseless Horseman Saloon, the two eventually join forces to bring down the corrupt and contemptuous reign of Nicola (Ron Perlman), the awesomely evil "woodcutter" and his lady Alexandra (Demi Moore), a femme fatale with a secret past.'

awesome no? superawesome hell yeah !!! its supose to be in the style of sin city or 300, here a picture
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Well, while I don't like Gackt nearly as much as you, that movie still sounds super awesome. I'm more excited about Ron Perlman, but that is me, heh.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
it has a pretty impressive cast dosen't it?, kinda odd mix too

I think its funny that they call gackt the young warrior when hes older then Josh is by at least 5 years or so

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
it has a pretty impressive cast dosen't it?, kinda odd mix too

I think its funny that they call gackt the young warrior when hes older then Josh is by at least 5 years or so

Yeah, it is his Japanese beauty, lol, how all jpop/jrock artists just seem to age way way better than americans, heh.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
I am also not a huge Gackt fan but it has a great cast and I will have to see this one

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
ooh, sounds interesting!

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
*Gasp/squeak* I'm seeing that just for Gackt.

... And the plot. And Ron Perlman.

But mostly just Gackt. Spleeeeee sexy voice!

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
woody harelson plays a bartender? NO WAI!
Actually this movie sounds pretty cool. I want to see it.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
I know the best part is when all us amercan gackt fan go and see this on opening night we are all going to be "sqeek eeep gackt-sama!  I hope a samurai sword acidently slices off his shirt!!!"
and every one else are gonna be "huh?"

my fiance was just wondering if he is going to speak english, be subbed or (cringe beyond words) dubbed and OMfreakingG that would be such a sin that people would burn in hell for
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 09:58:26 pm by superjaz »

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
I know the best part is when all us amercan gackt fan go and see this on opening night we are all going to be "sqeek eeep gackt-sama!  I hope a samurai sword acidently slices off his shirt!!!"
and every one else are gonna be "huh?"

my fiance was just wondering if he is going to speak english, be subbed or (cringe beyond words) dubbed and OMfreakingG that would be such a sin that people would burn in hell for

Most likely he will be speaking english, since he can and it is an american movie. That's my guess anyway.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Re: MUST see movie of 2009 "Bunraku" starring Josh Hartnett..and GACKT!!
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2008, 09:35:20 am »
hes not great at english so far as i have seen in clips of japanese tv but maybe he has been practicing

come to think of it most of the english  have seen was curse words and him singing silent night

hyde tho he's great at english
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 09:35:55 am by superjaz »

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2008, 09:56:30 am »
Silent Night... That was the one that he sung in a duet with Ayumi Hamasaki, right? That was actually pretty good. If they dub him, however, bad things will happen. Like, angry fangirls kinda things.

Ooooh, I never thought of the possibility of a swordfight slicing his shirt to ribbons... That'd be hot. All the girls in the audience that had any idea who he was would be squealing like conventiongoing Yaoi fangirls. *Shudder* Maybe I should just wait for it to come out on video once it's out. I kinda want to actually hear the movie.

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2008, 01:08:18 pm »
Ohhhhhhhhhhh movie?! THat sounds awesome!

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline GaaraoftheFunk

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2008, 07:26:52 pm »
I saw a clip with gackt and he was speaking pretty nice and clear english.
And my gawd did he ever have a sexy voice.>.>

The movie sounds awesome. >w<
I must see iiiiit. ^o^

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2008, 08:41:09 pm »
i saw on on youtube that said it was gackt speaking english but thing is he had glasses on and i not sure it was him juz they do a lot of stuff with impersonators at times

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2008, 09:40:23 pm »
Rock on!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2008, 05:49:07 pm »
OMFG. GAAAAACKT! [/squeal+die]

Offline neko_goes_nyaaa

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2008, 05:55:12 am »
Even though most people hated it, I loved Moonchild.
So I will most likely end up liking this movie too...

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2008, 04:15:43 pm »
wow that cast.....I'll go see it. I'll try to get friends together when it comes out ^_^

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2008, 10:15:36 am »
I was looking on gackts site and read this

" Guy Moshe who works for this scenario and the supervision of this work longed for Gackt as a partner of Josh Hartnett, the main charactor. The film director came to Japan himself and persuaded Gackt zealously to play in the film. His great zeal for Gackt touched his heart and made him decided to welcome the offer!

<Comment from Gackt>
I'm honored that my expression of the new Kenshin Uesugi image I played in a TV saga "FU-RIN-KA-ZAN" last year  was addmited  in the world. In the setting of the huge world in the near future, I was very interested in the role that could express Bushido spirit as a partner of Josh Hartnett, leading actor.
More than eles, a film director himself came over to Japan and showed his great zeal for my appearence in the film. His such sincere attitude impressed me a lot and I felt that they are much in need of me in the film. So, I gave my willing consent to his offer.
I want to prove my performance and expression will be accepted in the world among the big actors representing Hollywood. Please expect me and look forward to it. I'll go to accomplish a dream again.
Gackt Camui"
note its a japanese site that has recently offer english translations they are still a bit rough

Offline Super_Pimp_Kyuya

• Cabbit
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2008, 08:55:20 pm »
as resident uber gackt fan, I am super exited about this movie due out next year
"Bunraku"
'A mysterious drifter (Josh Hartnett) and an ardent young Japanese warrior Yoshi (Gackt) both arrive in a town that is terrorized by outrageous and virulent criminals. Each is obsessed with his separate mission, and guided by the wisdom of The Bartender (Woody Harrelson) at the Horseless Horseman Saloon, the two eventually join forces to bring down the corrupt and contemptuous reign of Nicola (Ron Perlman), the awesomely evil "woodcutter" and his lady Alexandra (Demi Moore), a femme fatale with a secret past.'

awesome no? superawesome hell yeah !!! its supose to be in the style of sin city or 300, here a picture

:o omg yay woot that sounds awsome

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2008, 09:09:02 am »
What!?! Gackt Movie I want see too.... :3

oslapedo

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2008, 08:56:52 am »
OMFG. GAAAAACKT! [/squeal+die]
[/ressurects]

Hellz. Yes. I fear if I let any of my excitement seep out I'll end up as a fangirl puddle  :D

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2008, 07:57:01 pm »
they said it might be like a sin city movie...they had ACTION FIGURES for that which means
the could make GACKT ACTION FIGURES!!!
i would need at least 3

Offline verdant hero

• Cabbit
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2008, 06:53:15 am »
so, looking at that picture i started to wonder...

HOW DOES GACKT GROW HIS HAIR OUT SO FAST!!??!?

additionaly, gackt isjust a joke to me, especialy after hearing he tried to get one of his albums put out with advent children or something like hat. im just hoping he doesnt act goofy like in moon child. *remembers gackts little flipping kick failure play off* lol.

"I know how hard it is being a leader. I've been
one. I always forget who has what materia."
-Cid, Final Fantasy VII

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2008, 07:33:54 am »
I'm thinking is either fake hair, or it really those grow fast, but I thinks it not his real hair.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2008, 08:09:11 am »
They needed Gackt because Josh Hartnett is a vampire now (His giant texas mustache covers up his fangs) and they knew Gacket would be cool with it.   ;)
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2008, 11:46:56 am »
so, looking at that picture i started to wonder...

HOW DOES GACKT GROW HIS HAIR OUT SO FAST!!??!?

additionaly, gackt isjust a joke to me, especialy after hearing he tried to get one of his albums put out with advent children or something like hat. im just hoping he doesnt act goofy like in moon child. *remembers gackts little flipping kick failure play off* lol.
wow going on a thread about a Gackt movie, just to make fun of him, because of rumors you heard on the internet, because if its on the internet you KNOW its true
... right you are out to make friends

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2008, 11:58:44 am »
I think its mean to make fun of Gackt....because personally I really respect him for who he is as both a singer, and actor. :)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2008, 12:02:36 pm »
I think its mean to make fun of Gackt....because personally I really respect him for who he is as both a singer, and actor. :)

Well, just as mean as it is to "make fun" of anyone. Personally, I don't dig Gackt much at all, but I can respect the fact that you all do indeed swoon over the man. Everyone has an opinion, and I think this is as good a forum for talking about Gackt as anywhere else. Just because one doesn't agree with you in saying that Gackt is some "gift of the goddess" (catch the reference? ^_0 ), doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to express it here. *shrug* Fandom knows no bounds though, right?

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2008, 02:10:35 pm »

Well, just as mean as it is to "make fun" of anyone. Personally, I don't dig Gackt much at all, but I can respect the fact that you all do indeed swoon over the man. Everyone has an opinion, and I think this is as good a forum for talking about Gackt as anywhere else. Just because one doesn't agree with you in saying that Gackt is some "gift of the goddess" (catch the reference? ^_0 ), doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to express it here. *shrug* Fandom knows no bounds though, right?
Well I didn't mean to sound like I adore him either because I don't, but I just like the way he is, and I respect if other people don't think the same. But I think sometimes making fun of people that i don't like and others do, it's not right for those people either. So it would be better to not make fun of anyone and just talk about if they like them, and if they don't just not post at all something that will make others upset. Like I said that's what I think, and if someone doesn't agree well that's up to them.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2008, 02:16:01 pm »
peeps can like what every they want, no one has to be a gackt fan to post here, but when some one posts to just make people angery its just not nice

Offline Super_Pimp_Kyuya

• Cabbit
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2008, 12:19:39 pm »
ageed  :)

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2008, 05:48:42 pm »
lol, it sounds kind of cheesy to me. But I might see it since Ron Pearlman is in it.
"Yes, that's a gun in my pants. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you."

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2008, 05:52:59 pm »
lol, it sounds kind of cheesy to me. But I might see it since Ron Pearlman is in it.

if bruce campbell has taught us anything cheese can be good

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2008, 02:47:47 pm »

if bruce campbell has taught us anything cheese can be good
Agreed
"Yes, that's a gun in my pants. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you."