Author Topic: Avatar's Lair Rockband Party  (Read 7304 times)

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« on: May 24, 2008, 07:26:02 pm »
As one of Kumoricon's cross-promotional events this summer Kumoricon is teaming up with Avatar's Lair to throw a Rockband Party at their store in Hillsboro.  Avatar's Lair is a fairly new gaming store that hosts lots of CCG tournaments and have a nice big space for us to set up some TVs and consoles.

The details:
Saturday, July 5th.  (Note the date change)
Runs from 4:00 to 9:00

If anyone wants to pitch in and help us staff this email me at vicechair at kumoricon dot org. 
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 12:37:26 am by Rathany »
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline CardCaptorConnor-EX

• Sailor Scout
Re: Avatar's Lair Rockband Party
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 02:53:31 pm »
As one of Kumoricon's cross-promotional events this summer Kumoricon is teaming up with Avatar's Lair to throw a Rockband Party at their store in Hillsdale.  Avatar's Lair is a fairly new gaming store that hosts lots of CCG tournaments and have a nice big space for us to set up some TVs and consoles.

The details:
Saturday, June 28th.
Runs from 4:00 to 9:00

If anyone wants to pitch in and help us staff this email me at vicechair at kumoricon dot org. 

Oooh, I am interested. 
Oh, I've been to Avatar's Lair, and I think the location is Hillsboro, not Hillsdale.
Watashi wa iroppoi wo motekuru.

But you probably already knew that.

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 08:55:06 pm »

Oooh, I am interested. 
Oh, I've been to Avatar's Lair, and I think the location is Hillsboro, not Hillsdale.

Yeep, you are right.  *Runs to edit*  Look, I said Hillsboro .. honest. 

Are you interested in the event, helping, or both ?
2008 - Vice Chair
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 08:50:49 am »

what would be the age requirement for helpers for this event?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 02:14:50 pm by superjaz »
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 11:13:36 am »

what would be the age requirement for helpers for this event?
[/quote]

My biggest need is going to be someone to help me cover the reg table, so they need to be old enough to be responsible for the cash box.  I'd think 15 would be alright? 

The store can actually mostly setup and run the equipment themselves, but I would love to have one or two 18+ Kcon people in there, since it's going to be in a different room from where I will be.  They might not need to do anything, I just want a presence of Kcon peoples in the room.  They may need to help people organize things and take turns with the consoles. 
2008 - Vice Chair
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 11:44:20 am »
I'm solid with anything gaming, and if I win DSR Squared (a big DDR tournament in Eugene) I'll have some things to buy in Beaverton.  This would be about 2 weeks after that.  I see no reason why I wouldn't be able to go, and it sounds like it could be interesting.  I'm not much for Rockband (too basic), but I've recently gotten into some other popular games like Brawl.  I'm not much of a paperwork/people guy, so I'm not sure I'll be up to handling the reg table, but I can certainly ordinate the gaming if necessary; I can also do tech jobs if necessary and neither of our tech staff show.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 06:48:50 pm »
It looks Avatar's Lair has a date conflict.  So, we are likely moving to July 5th.  I will edit the original post when it's confirmed. 
2008 - Vice Chair
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 07:31:53 pm »
Dude! I love Rockband! I'm the "singer" in my "band" and I love Kumori Con, so I'd like to help out if need be. Does anyone know if they'll be having an RB contest? Because then I might have to tell my "bandmates" and we'll have to enter ^_^.

And DUDE! A gaming store with actual GIRLS on staff! That proves we're actually out there!

Offline bananacave

• Oni
    • Rose's Thorns
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 09:00:37 pm »
Hi, I'm new to the area but was checking out the events going on. I had a few questions about the event and didn't really know where to ask.

1. Is there a fee for the rock band party?
2. Do you have to have a "band" or can I just come and play?
3. Will you have the theme from "Portal" ("Still Alive")? It's not on the game, but I know it can be downloaded from Xbox live. Just wondering because I have a giant 25 inch companion cube I made that would like to sing the song, or maybe rock out on the drums! Okay, it can't really talk, but still would be fun!

Thanks!

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 09:20:58 pm »
Hi, I'm new to the area but was checking out the events going on. I had a few questions about the event and didn't really know where to ask.

1. Is there a fee for the rock band party?
2. Do you have to have a "band" or can I just come and play?
3. Will you have the theme from "Portal" ("Still Alive")? It's not on the game, but I know it can be downloaded from Xbox live. Just wondering because I have a giant 25 inch companion cube I made that would like to sing the song, or maybe rock out on the drums! Okay, it can't really talk, but still would be fun!

Thanks!

Heya.  This is a free promotional event.  We are assuming that 'bands' will be formed on site.  My plan was to have people sign up for instruments and take turns if we get busy.

At least one of the PS3s has the Portal DL, possibly both.  Hope to see you there :)
2008 - Vice Chair
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline bananacave

• Oni
    • Rose's Thorns
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2008, 11:40:43 pm »
Heya.  This is a free promotional event.  We are assuming that 'bands' will be formed on site.  My plan was to have people sign up for instruments and take turns if we get busy.

At least one of the PS3s has the Portal DL, possibly both.  Hope to see you there :)

Thanks! I have only played the drums at a Best Buy so I am probably a little too excited to go and play. I'll definately plan to be there (unless I end up having to work)!

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 08:49:39 am »
Oh nice, looking at the time of it, I may actually be able to attend a portion, yay! thanks for having an evening saturday event!