Author Topic: Artist Alley 2008 / Exhibitors Hall 2008  (Read 129845 times)

Offline Chevi

• Sailor Scout
Re: Artist Alley 2008 / Exhibitors Hall 2008
« Reply #200 on: August 02, 2008, 04:38:33 pm »
After the mention of a refund clause in the contract I can see why they were so quick to blame their mistake on the contract being "leaked". It's well known among the meeting-goers that there is a broad "NO REFUNDS" policy for everything else in Kumoricon. If there exists even a single contradiction of this policy every other instance where the convention is paid money is at risk.
Good to know. It's things like this that keep me watching every corner of the forums.  ;)

So wait, I'm a little confused, does that mean if artists who paid, who get possibly booted because tables were overbooked, will not be getting refunds, at all?  If so, that's baloney. =/

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #201 on: August 02, 2008, 09:26:47 pm »
I'm not speaking for Relations regarding the Artist Alley and Exhibitors hall issues but we don't have an official overarching "no refunds" policy except for ordinary attendee and staff registrations to enter the con because you later decided you didn't want to or can't attend, or if you are changing your status. There is no overarching policy here that limits how we will handle the Artist Alley or Exhibitors hall issues.

(Sorry I can't say more--I am waiting on word for Relations--but I didn't want this rumor to get out of control.)
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #202 on: August 02, 2008, 10:40:28 pm »
I'm not speaking for Relations regarding the Artist Alley and Exhibitors hall issues but we don't have an official overarching "no refunds" policy except for ordinary attendee and staff registrations to enter the con because you later decided you didn't want to or can't attend, or if you are changing your status. There is no overarching policy here that limits how we will handle the Artist Alley or Exhibitors hall issues.

(Sorry I can't say more--I am waiting on word for Relations--but I didn't want this rumor to get out of control.)

You see? That contract wording becoming public RETROACTIVELY destroyed the aegis of no refunds!
LOL
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #203 on: August 02, 2008, 10:59:40 pm »

You see? That contract wording becoming public RETROACTIVELY destroyed the aegis of no refunds!
LOL

You're reading too much into my post. I'm not setting any policy here, just controlling a rumor.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline Neolucky

• Sailor Scout
    • http://nikorescafe.com
« Reply #204 on: August 04, 2008, 11:05:24 am »
After taking a few minutes to sit and think about the whole "overbooking" ordeal...I wanted to state that I don't think it's entirely the leaks fault. Because it felt like there were so many in the first place, not to mention previous attendees from last year having contracts. And to blame it completely on a leak of contracts and not on their own incompetence, is absurd. I think it's a huge mixture of problems (As stated long before this post), and I want AA/EX coordinator and Relations to own up to it. I'm tired of hearing blame being placed on something/someone else, and no responsibility taken for this problem. Being told "We'll work on it, it's gonna be fixed in the next few weeks." Is...well...no. Just no.

They need to not waste time searching for which contracts were leaked ones, and take a look at the DATE of each one, and make a cut off point. It'll suck, I understand, for those coming into getting a table late in the game. And they NEED to give refunds for those of us that sent money in, but were never given a table. No if's, and's or but's. There HAS to be a refund involved - Because if better communication regarding a AA/EX list had been given, then this would have never happened. I'm still boggling over how in the world you can overbook something so close to the convention itself.

Still no other news, anyone?

Offline spaztic_chu

• Cabbit
    • art.
« Reply #205 on: August 04, 2008, 12:05:46 pm »
I went to the meeting yesterday. Neither of the coordinators were present, and the staff had nothing to add.  Side note: for those who want to sell stuff, the Print Shop and Art Show are also options.  http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=7157.0

And I'm really sorry to say this Tom; you're a really cool guy and all, but off and on I kind of feel that what you have to say sometimes makes the situation worse.  I know you're clarifying that what you say is just speculation, but it seems like people take your word for what's going to happen, and then run with it.  I don't really know how to say this >___>;;  But thank you for your work.

What we need is the coordinators to come out and give a status report; has anyone at all (in staff) been in contact with them?  Even if the situation has gone to complete hell, it's better knowing that than nothing.  I also volunteered to work as staff for them, and am waiting for a response.

Offline khaosvanity

• Sailor Scout
    • Cosplay.com
« Reply #206 on: August 04, 2008, 01:28:50 pm »
I got an email on July 15th when I needed to add Miss L on to my contract that she would send out confirmations, and I qoute from the email:

"I'll be sending out confirmation e-mails within the week, and check-in instructions after that."

Since then, nothing.
.empty movement.

Offline Misuteru

• Sailor Scout
    • DevART
« Reply #207 on: August 04, 2008, 02:12:06 pm »
After taking a few minutes to sit and think about the whole "overbooking" ordeal...I wanted to state that I don't think it's entirely the leaks fault. Because it felt like there were so many in the first place, not to mention previous attendees from last year having contracts. And to blame it completely on a leak of contracts and not on their own incompetence, is absurd. I think it's a huge mixture of problems (As stated long before this post), and I want AA/EX coordinator and Relations to own up to it. I'm tired of hearing blame being placed on something/someone else, and no responsibility taken for this problem. Being told "We'll work on it, it's gonna be fixed in the next few weeks." Is...well...no. Just no.

They need to not waste time searching for which contracts were leaked ones, and take a look at the DATE of each one, and make a cut off point. It'll suck, I understand, for those coming into getting a table late in the game. And they NEED to give refunds for those of us that sent money in, but were never given a table. No if's, and's or but's. There HAS to be a refund involved - Because if better communication regarding a AA/EX list had been given, then this would have never happened. I'm still boggling over how in the world you can overbook something so close to the convention itself.

I wholly agree with this as much as it kind of leaves me out (which really just leaves me peeved at the AA coordinator for ignoring my e-mails for 6 months(I refuse to believe any e-mail was down for that long), since I couldn't get my hands on a contract until late June. Never sent it in because of the fear I would send in money and it would get lost somehow(I really can't afford to have 80 go into some black hole where it doesn't do me any good) The not sending it in is my own fault, but having to spend so long just trying to get an e-mail response :/

haha and I also attended the meeting to see if I could get any new information, only to find that it was kind of a waste of my time :/ not happy about having to drive to Portland for basically nothing. xD I guess though I'll take this as I need to register for the con normally (I've been waiting on the artist alley thing for so long I kinda feel like I've been tricked into paying more for reg xD)

lol but and answer if it is being moved to another room or not (lol like..flat answer please) would be nice before I reg if there's even a chance I can still squeeze in. If not, I guess I'll just visit people in the AA xD

Offline Chevi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #208 on: August 04, 2008, 02:51:18 pm »

I wholly agree with this as much as it kind of leaves me out (which really just leaves me peeved at the AA coordinator for ignoring my e-mails for 6 months(I refuse to believe any e-mail was down for that long), since I couldn't get my hands on a contract until late June. Never sent it in because of the fear I would send in money and it would get lost somehow(I really can't afford to have 80 go into some black hole where it doesn't do me any good) The not sending it in is my own fault, but having to spend so long just trying to get an e-mail response :/

haha and I also attended the meeting to see if I could get any new information, only to find that it was kind of a waste of my time :/ not happy about having to drive to Portland for basically nothing. xD I guess though I'll take this as I need to register for the con normally (I've been waiting on the artist alley thing for so long I kinda feel like I've been tricked into paying more for reg xD)

lol but and answer if it is being moved to another room or not (lol like..flat answer please) would be nice before I reg if there's even a chance I can still squeeze in. If not, I guess I'll just visit people in the AA xD

This whole ordeal is ridiculous.  So even people who attended the meeting to get information got nothing.  We've all been waiting WAY longer that we should be considering the convention is in 26 days.  Many artist who have been confirmed and those who have not needed to know LONG beforehand whether or not the situation is handled and we have tables.  Many of us getting tables spend MONEY on getting items to sell at the convention, and most of us are just sitting here, I won't spend a dime on something knowing if I don't have a table.

Last July meeting you said it would be settled by yesterday's meeting.  It wasn't and those attending heard nothing new to add.  Your coordinator wasn't there (surprise surprise) and nothing.  THIS NEEDS TO BE SOLVED NOW.  I have friends waiting to register.  If something can't be done and there is overbooking, refunds need to be issued PRONTO.

Don't blame it on the contracts.  Seriously, at the end of the last years convention we were all given contracts (that could EASILY be photocopied) and even then, the person handing them out did a few laps around the alley to make sure everyone got one that wanted one.  We were told to hang onto them.  Maybe people sent them in earlier in hopes of just winging it to get a table.  We were never told when AA opened.  Lack of communication, pure and simple.

$80 is alot to have sent out to a convention, I for one wouldn't like to just lose it because of someone else's faults.

Offline Chevi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #209 on: August 04, 2008, 02:52:27 pm »
I got an email on July 15th when I needed to add Miss L on to my contract that she would send out confirmations, and I qoute from the email:

"I'll be sending out confirmation e-mails within the week, and check-in instructions after that."

Since then, nothing.

Which scares me, around the 20th I got an email saying she had a table for me, but she didn't email anyone else that I know of around that time.  =/

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #210 on: August 04, 2008, 03:57:47 pm »
Ah, this situation is just getting scarier and scarier! I'm really worried now since we were told that anyone who'd had a check cashed was confirmed. Hopefully the refund talk is just speculation and they'll be able to fit us all in. Who knows how much they're really overbooked. We really haven't gotten too much concrete information in here, other than the coordinator needs to step up and fast. At this point, I'm wondering if we're really going to have a coordinator at the convention.

I'm trying not to be negative about all of this, but it's been a really hard way for me to start out doing AA. I was nervous to begin with, but now with only a few weeks to go and no word I'm really stressed out. It has me wishing I'd waited another year to try this. >.<;

Offline Chevi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #211 on: August 04, 2008, 04:24:08 pm »
Ah, this situation is just getting scarier and scarier! I'm really worried now since we were told that anyone who'd had a check cashed was confirmed. Hopefully the refund talk is just speculation and they'll be able to fit us all in. Who knows how much they're really overbooked. We really haven't gotten too much concrete information in here, other than the coordinator needs to step up and fast. At this point, I'm wondering if we're really going to have a coordinator at the convention.

I'm trying not to be negative about all of this, but it's been a really hard way for me to start out doing AA. I was nervous to begin with, but now with only a few weeks to go and no word I'm really stressed out. It has me wishing I'd waited another year to try this. >.<;

I'm fairly sure in the last July meeting they said anyone whose had a check cashed was confirmed.  The people mainly talking about refunds (including myself) have either paid with other means (money order or otherwise) or they were one of the last ones who were told tables were available.  And I think some of us at this point would prefer refunds instead of ongoing weeks of no information at this point, only 26 days to the convention. 

I hope this doesn't get you too stressed out (we're all there at this point), know that you're not the only one having to go through this. 

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #212 on: August 04, 2008, 04:31:46 pm »

I'm fairly sure in the last July meeting they said anyone whose had a check cashed was confirmed.  The people mainly talking about refunds (including myself) have either paid with other means (money order or otherwise) or they were one of the last ones who were told tables were available.  And I think some of us at this point would prefer refunds instead of ongoing weeks of no information at this point, only 26 days to the convention. 

I hope this doesn't get you too stressed out (we're all there at this point), know that you're not the only one having to go through this. 

Oooh yeah, I get it now. For a minute there I was like 'OMG what do I do if I'm not really confirmed?' I could understand wanting a refund if I were in the same boat as you guys that sent money orders, etc.

I'm trying not to be too stressed out about it. Knowing that we're all going through the same thing is a strange comfort. If nothing else I feel like this has brought us all together a little bit. I probably never would have talked with half of the people I have before the convention, had there not been problems. XD

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #213 on: August 04, 2008, 08:29:48 pm »
I think I'm going to go update my deviant art now.

Are you guys looking forward to the videos from this Sunday's meeting?
The one no relations staff showed up to?

Mike was piiiiiiiiissed!

And I'm really sorry to say this Tom; you're a really cool guy and all, but off and on I kind of feel that what you have to say sometimes makes the situation worse.  I know you're clarifying that what you say is just speculation, but it seems like people take your word for what's going to happen, and then run with it.  I don't really know how to say this >___>;;  But thank you for your work.

What we need is the coordinators to come out and give a status report; has anyone at all (in staff) been in contact with them?  Even if the situation has gone to complete hell, it's better knowing that than nothing.  I also volunteered to work as staff for them, and am waiting for a response.

You're sorry to say that?
First off, I NEVER believe someone when they say that.
Second, don't be sorry. I cause tons of problems. It's my unofficial job.

I walk a very fine line between being a jerk to everyone and being super duper helpful. I want the convention to do good and make enough money to come back next year. I want to keep Kumoricon from falling prey to schemers and lawyers and people who are in it for themselves (well, I'm not talking about Vendors, that's their job). I want the convention to survive and that means that we keep everyone happy on both sides of the fence.

However, keeping everyone happy is impossible. Literally.
So I take great pains to piss people off just enough.
The best way to shut me up is to prove me wrong. Jeff did it in this thread.
Operations staffers did it on my livejournal once.
However, there are lots and lots of people who supply more and more fuel to my wild conspiracy theories and suspicious rumors.
Once there are nothing but responsible people taking care of things and clear + timely explanations for what does go wrong (I know better than to expect perfection from anything I'm involved with) then my energies can be diverted to all sorts of other things.

If I did not think of the convention's best interests, I'd still be a volunteer and NOT STAFF.

Note to certain people who probably aren't reading this:
You've gotta be staff to change things. There's no other way to close the gap. :D
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 09:18:56 pm by TomtheFanboy »
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline lolanime

• Cabbit
« Reply #214 on: August 05, 2008, 06:43:24 am »
Well I gave up a while ago, but I thought I would shed some light here.

The artists alley was overbooked 12 tables. I was there and heard her say it myself.

And for the record, Tom. I thought you were being a huge jerk at first, but if no one else has the GUTS to be a jerk, we will all be smiley and everyone will be pushed over. Youre awesome.

Offline khaosvanity

• Sailor Scout
    • Cosplay.com
« Reply #215 on: August 05, 2008, 12:37:32 pm »
Does anyone know the times the dealer's room is going to open and close? This is, if we are still in the dealer's room or if we're going to be stuck elsewhere.  :P
.empty movement.

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #216 on: August 05, 2008, 05:35:50 pm »
Saturday and Sunday 10am-6pm
Monday 10-2:30pm

Offline Neolucky

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #217 on: August 05, 2008, 06:50:27 pm »
I think I'm going to go update my deviant art now.

Are you guys looking forward to the videos from this Sunday's meeting?
The one no relations staff showed up to?

Mike was piiiiiiiiissed!

Oh I bet more then just Mike was pissed. The fact no Relations staff showed up to a meeting so close to the convention? Is grounds to get them off the entire team. Is there any way I can lodge a formal complaint to the CHAIR of this convention? Granted I'm sure they're well aware of this stuff. This is the kind of thing that can really hurt a convention permanently, and in the long run. (The whole situation, I mean) WHY are these people still working for Kumoricon!? Can they GET someone else in here to figure everything out?

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #218 on: August 06, 2008, 02:46:59 am »
Genki, if it helps, I think I emailed you twice in the matter, and I'm sorry for bugging you about it. I didn't know what was going on, and right after I sent you the second email, I found Tom's link to the meeting. What a crappy situation.

From the sidelines and from an outsider, all I can say is hang in there and do your best. You can't please anyone, and chances are you'll have a few snooty artists bitching you out. As a person who wanted to be in Artist's Alley, though, once I found out the situation, I got over it. I'll just try for next time. I'd offer some suggestions for next time, but I think it's bad timing right now ^^; And nothing you haven't thought of yourself.

Cheer up, Genki, you're mood doesn't befit your name ;) It'll be okay even if a little difficult right now.
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #219 on: August 06, 2008, 03:54:33 am »
Genki, if it helps, I think I emailed you twice in the matter, and I'm sorry for bugging you about it. I didn't know what was going on, and right after I sent you the second email, I found Tom's link to the meeting. What a crappy situation.

From the sidelines and from an outsider, all I can say is hang in there and do your best. You can't please anyone, and chances are you'll have a few snooty artists bitching you out. As a person who wanted to be in Artist's Alley, though, once I found out the situation, I got over it. I'll just try for next time. I'd offer some suggestions for next time, but I think it's bad timing right now ^^; And nothing you haven't thought of yourself.

Cheer up, Genki, you're mood doesn't befit your name ;) It'll be okay even if a little difficult right now.

Haha it's ok. I don't mind emails or anything. You probably couldn't bug me if you tried. In the beginning I was kind of freaking out for everyone else also, wondering whether anyone else was actually going to get a contract or not. I guess too many people got contracts in the end though. XD

I'll be just fine. I'm just having first time stress + worries over the whole mess. It'll work out in the end for all of us though I'm sure. I'm a bit of a worry wart sometimes. I'm just hoping that this year will make every other year I decide to do look like a piece of cake. n.n;

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #220 on: August 06, 2008, 01:22:45 pm »

Haha it's ok. I don't mind emails or anything. You probably couldn't bug me if you tried. In the beginning I was kind of freaking out for everyone else also, wondering whether anyone else was actually going to get a contract or not. I guess too many people got contracts in the end though. XD

I'll be just fine. I'm just having first time stress + worries over the whole mess. It'll work out in the end for all of us though I'm sure. I'm a bit of a worry wart sometimes. I'm just hoping that this year will make every other year I decide to do look like a piece of cake. n.n;

Learning experience :D? Stick with it, I say!

Offline Neolucky

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #221 on: August 06, 2008, 01:52:17 pm »

Ah...I hope you do make sure and read back on this entire issue before making any assumptions to whats happening. This is a lot more then just " a few snooty artists" (this also includes all the Vendors too! And to be frank, NONE of us here have been snooty at all.)  and there's been a giant mountain of suggestions thrown out there for both sides to look at further back in this thread. The fact of the matter is, the people who are upset, are people who have already paid, and been dealing with this since last year. We're all kind of 'freaking out' for a reason here. It's a little hard to simply get over it, when you've already paid and been waiting for a table for the better half of an entire year...especially when the AA Coordinator never responds, doesn't show up to meetings and then THEIR supervisors do the same thing. This is more then a learning experience, and a situation that should not be belittled at all.

Don't mean to jump the gun here Lychee, but I got kinda confused to your post regarding Genki (Who certainly has not freaked out that much =p) and it kinda seemed like you hadn't really looked into this whole issue before making a post.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 01:54:18 pm by Neolucky »

Offline Patchwerk

• Cabbit
    • Patches' DA gallery
« Reply #222 on: August 06, 2008, 01:56:03 pm »
'Bout 24 days until the convention.    :(  Would the AA coordinator please stand up... or... do something.

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #223 on: August 06, 2008, 02:35:55 pm »

Ah...I hope you do make sure and read back on this entire issue before making any assumptions to whats happening. This is a lot more then just " a few snooty artists" (this also includes all the Vendors too! And to be frank, NONE of us here have been snooty at all.)  and there's been a giant mountain of suggestions thrown out there for both sides to look at further back in this thread. The fact of the matter is, the people who are upset, are people who have already paid, and been dealing with this since last year. We're all kind of 'freaking out' for a reason here. It's a little hard to simply get over it, when you've already paid and been waiting for a table for the better half of an entire year...especially when the AA Coordinator never responds, doesn't show up to meetings and then THEIR supervisors do the same thing. This is more then a learning experience, and a situation that should not be belittled at all.

Don't mean to jump the gun here Lychee, but I got kinda confused to your post regarding Genki (Who certainly has not freaked out that much =p) and it kinda seemed like you hadn't really looked into this whole issue before making a post.

Neolucky, my comment comes out of sympathy and a little bit of experience with kind of being thrown into situations. Given I've never been too involved with Kumoricon other than a mascot entry, a panel, and attending, but my main thought process was I'm sure Genki's having something of a hard time right now and assumed they were getting crap.

I'm not saying all artists are snooty, but when I informed my friend, she got huffy over the situation that we both don't fully understand. For using that as a base, I assumed that the artists who were actually involved with the mess were more angry. Because I know I don't fully understand the situation, I'm assuming the best for the people in charge. This does not mean I'm blaming the artists, either. From what I saw on the meeting video, a contract got printed out and passed around without Kumoricon's knowing. If this is true, then its no one's fault. Kumoricon didn't consider the possibility of that happening nor did the artist consider the consequences of doing that.

Please excuse me for being naive on the matter. I don't feel the right to go based off what I know and just start saying negative things. I guess I'm trying to be an optimist.

Maybe Genki's trying her hardest to remedy everything. Maybe she's completely messing things up. I know from my own experience that just negative commentary doesn't always help a situation. I was hoping, uselessly, that maybe a word of encouragement might help. There might be stuff going on outside of the forums, too.

I guess I should've just kept my mouth shut. So much for trying to be nice.
Neolucky, I hope things work out in your and the other artists' favor. Genki, my previous comments still stand. Hang in there.
I'm sorry if I've offended anyone. I'll stay out of it.

Offline Neolucky

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #224 on: August 06, 2008, 02:50:08 pm »
Ah, don't feel the need to back out at all, Lychee. I think I'm just confused more then anything by your comment about Genki. But support is always helpful and thank you for your optimism! Unfortunatly at this point, it seems all of our own optimism has run very dry given the facts we've been told.

The problem really isn't Genki's fault, or any of the artists fault... it's just staff (AA/EX Coordinator Lori Collins, mostly)  and the fact that we're not getting any help from them to remedy the situation.  We just want things cleared up.

"Maybe Genki's trying her hardest to remedy everything. Maybe she's completely messing things up" This was why I was confused. She can't remedy anything in this situation, nor can she mess anything up. She's not staff, and she's been patiently waiting for answers, like we all have. I can see a lot of things that you may not be aware of in your post, and I don't think I can explain them all, however, right here. But this entire thread can if you have the time to look closely.

All of this was happening *long* before that meeting, and you can get the full gist of it by reading this entire thread, trust me. I really recommend reading it.

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #225 on: August 06, 2008, 03:34:24 pm »
Yeah, there's not really much I could do either way in this situation. It's great to see some optimism though! Early on I was talking to people when I sensed that there was a problem, but beyond saying what was going on there wasn't much else that I could do. Besides, I don't really think that there's too much anyone could do to mess this up anymore than it is.

Oooh, I didn't think that part about getting chewed out was directed entirely at me. Peronally, I've had nothing but great experiences with the other artists here so far. Everyone is really nice, even when the situation makes it hard at times. If nothing else, I'm excited to meet everyone at the convention. n.n

Anyway, yeah, this has been going on for a really long time. It would be great to get a little bit of clarification. Just one clear post from our coordinator would be great. Any bit of information would be great after this long, lol.

Offline soupisgreen

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #226 on: August 06, 2008, 08:12:24 pm »
I don't mean to add fuel to the fire or anything but it seems to me that people are being blatantly ignored and it's just wrong. I emailed the AA coordinator, on the exhibitors email, about two weeks ago about changing some names on my contract and got a response in two days. I was very surprised. At first I was really happy but then I realized she responded to a me but continues to ignore almost everyone else here. That really bothers me, If she can respond to me in two days why can't she respond to everyone else who contacted her long before I did? I realize my issue was small and easy deal with but if your managing something you need to deal with all problems that arise not just the easy ones.

Offline spaztic_chu

• Cabbit
    • art.
« Reply #227 on: August 06, 2008, 08:31:17 pm »
I don't mean to add fuel to the fire or anything but it seems to me that people are being blatantly ignored and it's just wrong. I emailed the AA coordinator, on the exhibitors email, about two weeks ago about changing some names on my contract and got a response in two days.

Actually, I think that one is a coincidence.  It seems like she did a mass responding to emails around July 20th-22nd, and your query would fall at about that time.  If she is ignoring people, that would suck, but let's hope that this is the case. >___>  Although really she should be hitting the emails by now.  No one's gotten a response since the 20th, is that correct?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 08:34:07 pm by spaztic_chu »

Offline soupisgreen

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #228 on: August 06, 2008, 09:24:11 pm »
My email was received the 25th. But it is good to hear that she has been responding to some people even if sporadically. That makes me fell slightly better about the situation.

Offline Patchwerk

• Cabbit
    • Patches' DA gallery
« Reply #229 on: August 07, 2008, 11:58:24 am »
Actually, I'd like to point out that the AA coordinator has updated her personal art page with new art only 2 days ago.  During this ordeal I must admit I've been a little snoopy and popped by her page to see if she was active.  Unfortunately, she seems to have enough free time to work on her own stuff... But not to work on doing the job she signed up to do.
As I mentioned before, I politely noted her (June 27th), suggesting that she should stop by the forums and update everyone on with what the current situation is.

Part of me is wondering if she's just dropped out of Kumori-con and someone else is handling her job...  or if she thinks she should ignore us because she assumes we're just 'stirring up drama'...  When, really, we just want a few simple answers.  If we could know what the hell is going on then we'd probably shut up...  At least I know I would.  >_>

Offline Chevi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #230 on: August 07, 2008, 12:15:59 pm »
At this point, I don't see a reason for going anymore.  By the time anyone gets back to me, it'll probably be too late for my friends to pre-register.  I have nothing done for the convention, because I have no confirmation my payment was even received.  It should be realized that most people who attend an artist alley need to spend money on printing costs and other art related things, which was supposed to be done last month in order for me to receive it this month, and without knowing I was even going, this was not possible, and it's no longer worth it to go.  It's too late to plan anything now.  At this point, I just want a refund, and I want to forget about this whole hellish situation.  I'm tired of being ignored, it's a seriously stressful situation.  And I'm not about to lose $80 over this bull either.

I'd even give my table to someone else, if by some reason they do expand the AA to meet the overbooking, if I have to do it that way.  Maybe they can just pay me and give their contract to the coordinator instead.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 12:20:13 pm by Chevi »

Offline Patchwerk

• Cabbit
    • Patches' DA gallery
« Reply #231 on: August 07, 2008, 02:07:41 pm »
I'd even give my table to someone else, if by some reason they do expand the AA to meet the overbooking, if I have to do it that way.  Maybe they can just pay me and give their contract to the coordinator instead.

It sucks that you have to pull out and stuff.... But I dunno if it'd be a wise idea for you to have someone pay you $80 for a table 'cause there's no guarantee they'd get one since THEY never personally filled the contract.  It would be even more of a hassle for them.

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #232 on: August 07, 2008, 03:25:46 pm »
I thought I would let you guys know that I am doing some digging around to see if I can get any more information. There are plenty of staffers who are helping or are keeping their ears and eyes open for information to pass on. This is an ugly mess and everyone I know is working hard to make the best of it.

And all for what we know, the reason they are not answering is because they are working on the problem. ^^ I think this was mentioned before.

As soon as I learn something, I will post ASAP.

Offline Chevi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #233 on: August 07, 2008, 06:41:40 pm »

It sucks that you have to pull out and stuff.... But I dunno if it'd be a wise idea for you to have someone pay you $80 for a table 'cause there's no guarantee they'd get one since THEY never personally filled the contract.  It would be even more of a hassle for them.

Right now I'm using that option as a last resort if they can't give me a refund.  I figure I will just tell them I'd give my table to someone else, and once it's confirmed, that person can bring the contract with them.

I contacted all the people I could to try and get a refund, it's just not possible for me to go and have it be worth it, and continue to keep my friends out of the loop.  So if all else fails, and they don't reply, I'm gonna try for the last resort.

Offline Ferreticus

• Oni
    • Realm of Ferreticus
« Reply #234 on: August 07, 2008, 08:44:02 pm »
Greetings, all....

Last year at the end of Kumoricon, Gothic Fish, tranquillity Time, Myself and two of their freinds all signed up for the artist alley at the end of the convention, because we were all scattered around the artist alley and we wished to be seated together this year. I paid in cash (all the cash I made at the show and then some for Gothic fish, tranquillity Time and myself, the oter two paid by check.
     The only confirmation was what I heard from Eric T that he had seen the contracts, and that he handed the whole stack over to Lori when were all at the artist Alley at Sakura-con 2008.
     No E-mails from Lori, Nothing....
      Someone need to hop over to the sakura con message boards and remind her that she is doing two conventions and one is in three weeks!!!
 :o

Ferreticus

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #235 on: August 07, 2008, 09:14:31 pm »
You know what, this years troubles are well known so I won't harp on them,
but I know just what we can do next year!

We can make sure we get the right man for the job.

We can get an Exhibitor's Manager who knows how to handle tricky situations.

Someone who's been with the Exhibitor's Hall for years.

Someone the Artist's TRUST.

I am of course talking about....

MATT DAMON

Who did you think I was talking about?  ;)

I actually just made two posters for icanhaskcon for this tradition.
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t16/TomtheFanboy/icanhasKcon/mattdamon1.jpg
and
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t16/TomtheFanboy/icanhasKcon/mattdamon2.jpg

Anybody here have that photo they xeroxed? I have one more poster to make.
I think it was this picture... http://www.yourmoviestuff.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/matt-damon_fourth-bourne.jpg
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 10:01:54 pm by TomtheFanboy »
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline khaosvanity

• Sailor Scout
    • Cosplay.com
« Reply #236 on: August 07, 2008, 09:48:19 pm »
Greetings, all....

Last year at the end of Kumoricon, Gothic Fish, tranquillity Time, Myself and two of their freinds all signed up for the artist alley at the end of the convention, because we were all scattered around the artist alley and we wished to be seated together this year. I paid in cash (all the cash I made at the show and then some for Gothic fish, tranquillity Time and myself, the oter two paid by check.
     The only confirmation was what I heard from Eric T that he had seen the contracts, and that he handed the whole stack over to Lori when were all at the artist Alley at Sakura-con 2008.
     No E-mails from Lori, Nothing....
      Someone need to hop over to the sakura con message boards and remind her that she is doing two conventions and one is in three weeks!!!
 :o

Ferreticus

Hey Ferreticus! This is actually the Gothic Fish artist here. <3

I actually did get an email from Lori(after emailing her many a time) telling me that I do have a table. So perhaps you do as well?
I'm pretty sure all of us who signed up last year at the con do.

@Tom: ..... I LOVE YOU. Really. Like, I will have your babies.

We need Matt Damon for AA badges. XD

We'll end up making this AA rock you guys. We'll party HARD, because after all jumping threw hoops we'll all need it.
Good luck to everyone! ;o;

.empty movement.

Offline Neolucky

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #237 on: August 08, 2008, 02:31:24 am »
*calls from a mountain top, so it echoes all about, as is the long standing AA tradition of Damon-Calling*

MAAATTTTTTTT DAAAMOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNN!!

Tom, I'm SO tempted to print the first one out, laminate it then have it hanging from my booth.

And Ferreticus, a large number of us have been poking, prodding, pestering, emailing, noting, messaging, talking to, begging, pleading and overall trying to contact the AA/EX coordinator for quite some time, haha, don't worry she's well aware of this convention coming up. And probably none to thrilled.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 02:33:00 am by Neolucky »

Offline lolanime

• Cabbit
« Reply #238 on: August 08, 2008, 04:32:11 am »
XD I like that matt damon one thats not from team america. What a funny tradition. I really wish that I had the time to crank out 50+ dolls, otherwise i would be all over that table :<

Offline Barako

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #239 on: August 08, 2008, 07:32:08 am »
Ugh. After reading all of this, I'm actually kind of glad I couldn't come up with the money for a booth this year.

I hope you get someone awesome to run this next year (like Matt Damon, lmao XD), because I would totally get a table and start cranking out the plushies in a heartbeat if I knew the department was ran by somebody competent. Oh well. =_=;;

I hope things work out for the people entangled in this mess.

Offline Pezzer

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #240 on: August 08, 2008, 09:30:53 am »
MATT DAMON

Tom i hate you so much right now.

MATT DAMON!!!!!
Hugh Jackman!
if you are reading this i have broken free

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #241 on: August 08, 2008, 10:23:45 am »
Tom i hate you so much right now.

MATT DAMON!!!!!
Hugh Jackman!

Joo know you LIIIIIKE it!

It's seriously bugging me that I haven't found that original Damon picture. What booth had that print out hanging up last year? *mind is boggling*
I have one more poster to make.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline OtokoNoShufu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #242 on: August 08, 2008, 11:49:03 am »
Wow.... That was like one of those classic moments where you hear that inspirational music and build up for something crazy dramatic, then the last line is delivered and everyone falls down. :P 

Yuki has the Matt Damon pic at her booth every year.  Can't remember her artist booth name... man, I'm a bad friend. ^ ^;;;
Am I on one of those hidden camera shows?

Offline khaosvanity

• Sailor Scout
    • Cosplay.com
« Reply #243 on: August 08, 2008, 12:47:06 pm »
It's seriously bugging me that I haven't found that original Damon picture. What booth had that print out hanging up last year? *mind is boggling*
I have one more poster to make.

It would be Yuki Yoshida's booth (aka Macabre, inc.), years before last both of our booths (we had shared tables).

Yes, I am one of the "Matt Damon" girls. ^^;
.empty movement.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #244 on: August 08, 2008, 03:05:00 pm »
It would be Yuki Yoshida's booth (aka Macabre, inc.), years before last both of our booths (we had shared tables).

Any chance you guys could try and scan me a copy of your lipstick-kiss marked picture?
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline khaosvanity

• Sailor Scout
    • Cosplay.com
« Reply #245 on: August 08, 2008, 03:57:48 pm »

Any chance you guys could try and scan me a copy of your lipstick-kiss marked picture?

I'll do my best! I think Ms. Yuki has it and she's in Tokyo right now. She'll be back in time for the con so I'll be sure to let her know before hand.  :-*
.empty movement.

Offline StrawberryJeli

• Cabbit
    • http://strawberryjeli.deviantart.com
« Reply #246 on: August 08, 2008, 05:39:41 pm »
LOL, Tom!

We need Matt Damon for AA badges. XD

See, now I'm tempted to make up my own faux artist alley badge with Matt Damon on it. And I don't even know why everyone was shouting it last year. Was there a reason? You know, apart from just the awesomeness? XD

Offline khaosvanity

• Sailor Scout
    • Cosplay.com
« Reply #247 on: August 08, 2008, 11:13:57 pm »

See, now I'm tempted to make up my own faux artist alley badge with Matt Damon on it. And I don't even know why everyone was shouting it last year. Was there a reason? You know, apart from just the awesomeness? XD

My friend and I started yelling Matt Damon at our very first Kumoricon (2005) and it spread like wild fire.
Heeeey, come to think of it - 2005 wasn't that at the Doubletree? So this is kinda like an anniversary of the Matt Damon!

.empty movement.

Offline Neolucky

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #248 on: August 09, 2008, 02:04:34 pm »
Oddly enough I heard Matt Damon yelling's at Fanime in 2004!

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
    • http://mistresslegato.deviantart.com
« Reply #249 on: August 09, 2008, 07:48:47 pm »

My friend and I started yelling Matt Damon at our very first Kumoricon (2005) and it spread like wild fire.
Heeeey, come to think of it - 2005 wasn't that at the Doubletree? So this is kinda like an anniversary of the Matt Damon!

I remember you, Yuki and Akoe starting it, so I chimed in with Bastett.  We are all truly ridiculous . .
Demon nurse, la la lalalalalalala, Demon Nurse . . .