Author Topic: Anime Suggestions  (Read 1496 times)

Offline Daidouji

• Sailor Scout
Anime Suggestions
« on: December 17, 2008, 02:18:26 pm »
Hey, I have a habit of getting into and out of anime a lot. Right now i'm starting to get back into it and was hoping for some suggestions as to some good anime series that have come within the last two years or so. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? If so, it would be helpful, thanks.  :D
Kumoricon 07- Rena *Higurashi no Naku Koro ni*
Sakuracon 07-Kaoru *Ouran High School Host Club*
Kumoricon 08-Sakura *Cardcaptor Sakura*
Sakuracon 08- Haruhi Suzumiya

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: Anime Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 02:53:04 pm »
I'd suggest Claymore and Ninja Nonsense (2x2=Shinobuden). Claymore is just now coming out on DVD in the US, and Ninja Nonsense is already out also. Claymore is awesome, super epic monster fighting, and Ninja Nonsense is just hilarious good, fun anime, haha.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Daidouji

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 02:55:52 pm »
Thank you I'll look into those. :D
Kumoricon 07- Rena *Higurashi no Naku Koro ni*
Sakuracon 07-Kaoru *Ouran High School Host Club*
Kumoricon 08-Sakura *Cardcaptor Sakura*
Sakuracon 08- Haruhi Suzumiya

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 03:55:38 pm »
Claymore and ninja nonsense are good. I also like School Rumble and Tsubasa Chronicle, both are out on dvd.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 04:31:20 pm »
Seirei no Moribito! ( Guardian of the sacred spirit) Freakin' awesome! Fantasy, but the animation is so detailed! A work of art! Masterpiece! Now if only Geneon wasn't the one to have made it. sigh.
Have Fun

Jay

oslapedo

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 04:34:42 pm »
I love Moribito! I'm actually considering cosplaying Balsa someday~

And Media Blasters has it, not Geneon ;)

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 05:06:23 pm »
I highly recommend "The Third: Girl with the Blue Eye"
Its an excellent anime that I really like ^^

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 06:49:15 pm »
Looking at your cosplay list, I would suggest Shugo Chara!  Not sure if it has hit the states yet, but starting the second season (Doki) in Japan.

You may also look for Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha.  It has a Cardcaptors feel to it.  Followed by A's and StrikerS

You may like Maho Sensei Negima! and the remake Negima!?...

Seirei no Moribito! ( Guardian of the sacred spirit) Freakin' awesome! Fantasy, but the animation is so detailed! A work of art! Masterpiece! Now if only Geneon wasn't the one to have made it. sigh.

Definitely try out Seirei no Moribito.  It is currently playing on Adult Swim, so check it out on Saturday late night, after Bleach and before Code Geass S2

Among the really new stuff..  Zettai Karen Children, Toradora, and KanNagi.

And for a Cowboy Bebop feel try out Michiko to Hatchin

Your profile doesn't say where you are located.  If you are near Eugene you may want to consider dropping in for Anime Friday.  A great way to sample anime without paying for it.

Also Suncoast is having a sale special right now.  Buy one box set or specially marked DVD and get the second one free!  I just bought MoonPhase BoxSet and got Tsubasa RESEVoir CHRoNiCLE Season One for FREE!!  Also had ToHeart Complete for $20.  I think it was worth dropping in.   ;D
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 08:30:50 pm »
@Osla, you are correct. The last I knew however was that is was not rescued. But now I know, so I can think about acquiring it. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-03-27/media-blasters-rescues-seirei-no-moribito-license

How about Hellsing Ultimate?

Actually there were a lot of good titles that Geneon was producing right before they called it quits here. Kenichi, History's Strongest Disciple is one I love. I also liked Shonen Onmyoji a lot. And there are a couple others that I didn't work so hard to remember their names. Oops.
Have Fun

Jay