Author Topic: Smash Brothers/Brawl Characters? (Firefly?)  (Read 35298 times)

Offline Jarnan

• Cabbit
Re: Smash Brothers/Brawl Characters? (Firefly?)
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2008, 02:46:51 pm »
Hey, TP/Brawl Ganondorf willing to photoshoot. It would be pretty neat to do good vs. evil as well, if we have enough to make it look good.

Offline Posiee-chan

• Chibi
    • Cosplay.com
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2008, 10:36:13 pm »
heh... I know this is mostly full of brawl cosplayers, but I can't wait to see your friend's Mal cosplay, if they're going to do it! eh... sorry to but in, just thought I'd salute my fellow browncoat(s)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 10:36:26 pm by Posiee-chan »
Kumoricon '09:

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2008, 04:09:46 am »
Well, I'll be going as Twilight Princess Link... as long as I stick with the Master Sword, his costume is pretty much identical in Smash Bros Brawl. I suppose I should look you guys up for a photo shoot...? :)

Hey, TP/Brawl Ganondorf willing to photoshoot. It would be pretty neat to do good vs. evil as well, if we have enough to make it look good.

Did you do TP Ganondorf at Sakura Con?  If so, I think I met you. :)

P.S. - I'll be cosplaying TP Link for the first two days, and probably changing into plainclothes for the evenings.  Day three depends on how tired I am and how early I get up.  Maybe I'll leave the chain mail and weaponry behind that day...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 04:14:32 am by Radien »
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline Jarnan

• Cabbit
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2008, 04:23:02 pm »
Yes... Yes I did. I probably don't remember you though, most of that weekend is a blur (SAS eats sleep for breakfast)

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2008, 07:04:47 pm »
Yes... Yes I did. I probably don't remember you though, most of that weekend is a blur (SAS eats sleep for breakfast)

Totally understood. :) I was mostly in plainclothes when I spoke to you, and it was on Sunday (I think) so I bet you were pretty zonked.  However, I did mention that I hoped to cosplay Twilight Princess Link at Kumori Con, and wondered if you'd be there. I think I also noted that your ears are naturally pointy. I'm weird like that.

Apollo Justice

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2008, 02:59:29 pm »
I'm probably going to cosplay as Wario the first two days. The last day I will probably dress in plain clothes. But this all depends on when the Brawl photo shoots are going to be, and IF I get in the Cosplay Chess (wish me luck).
"Yes, that's a gun in my pants. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you."

Offline Rainfeather

• Sailor Scout
    • Firebead
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2008, 11:53:55 pm »
heh... I know this is mostly full of brawl cosplayers, but I can't wait to see your friend's Mal cosplay, if they're going to do it! eh... sorry to but in, just thought I'd salute my fellow browncoat(s)

He'll be pretty much sticking by me most of the time, so feel free to look for a Peach to go along with a Mal. XD If you don't see one with me, feel free to ask, don't be shy! I'll be sure to tell him, us Browncoats gotta stick together after all ;3
Red Mage at heart.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2008, 01:44:01 am »
I'm probably going to cosplay as Wario the first two days. The last day I will probably dress in plain clothes. But this all depends on when the Brawl photo shoots are going to be, and IF I get in the Cosplay Chess (wish me luck).

'Bout time we had a Wario cosplayer!  There was an excellent Waluigi cosplayer at Sakura Con, but it just seemed so incomplete to have him there without first having at least one Wario...

It's too bad we have to obey the laws of physics, or else I would request a photo of you eating a motorcycle. ;)

Apollo Justice

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2008, 06:10:43 pm »

'Bout time we had a Wario cosplayer!  There was an excellent Waluigi cosplayer at Sakura Con, but it just seemed so incomplete to have him there without first having at least one Wario...

It's too bad we have to obey the laws of physics, or else I would request a photo of you eating a motorcycle. ;)
Well unlike other Wario cosplayers, my cosplay will be of one of Wario's alternative outfits from Brawl. But yeah, I doubt my digestive system would handel a motorcycle.
"Yes, that's a gun in my pants. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you."

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2008, 11:58:36 pm »
Well unlike other Wario cosplayers, my cosplay will be of one of Wario's alternative outfits from Brawl. But yeah, I doubt my digestive system would handel a motorcycle.

Okay. Does "alternative" mean his "old school" outfit, or his WarioWare outfit? I'm assuming that either way it's going to be alternate colors, of course. And if so, I'm rooting for the pink and baby blue one. ;D

As for the motorcycle: hmm.... I think your jaw would object before your digestive system.

Apollo Justice

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2008, 11:45:03 am »

Okay. Does "alternative" mean his "old school" outfit, or his WarioWare outfit? I'm assuming that either way it's going to be alternate colors, of course. And if so, I'm rooting for the pink and baby blue one. ;D
It's an alternative color of his WarioWare/Brawl outfit. It's the one that looks like it's all denim, and has the blue helmet. This way if anyone else comes as Wario, we could have some fun ^.^

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2008, 12:43:06 pm »
It's an alternative color of his WarioWare/Brawl outfit. It's the one that looks like it's all denim, and has the blue helmet. This way if anyone else comes as Wario, we could have some fun ^.^

I wish you luck; it would be fun to see two Wario cosplayers together. ^^

I originally didn't like Wario, but a friend of mine is a big Wario fan, and his timely Wario quotes have made it impossible not to enjoy the character.

"Blow de shot!!"

Apollo Justice

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2008, 12:48:18 pm »
Thanks, I need all the luck I can get right now. I'm still not finished with the costume, and I need to get it done so I can either be in the Dating Game (if they let me join) or the Cosplay Chess.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2008, 01:43:36 am »
It seems like we have people wanting to do Smash Bros on different days... I'll read the full thread to see what's most prominent, but I just wanted to mention that I'm open for practically any time. I'm wearing Link both Saturday and Sunday, and Monday is up in the air.

Oh, and in case wearing the same costume multiple days worries you, here are my anti-funk resolutions:

1. Wear an extra T-shirt under the costume, and change it daily.
2. Shower nightly.
3. Change out of costume sometime in the early evening each day.
4. Wear antiperspirant.
5. No running, and stay out of the sun.
6. No DDR in chain mail. :-X

Apollo Justice

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2008, 01:05:09 pm »
Oh, and in case wearing the same costume multiple days worries you, here are my anti-funk resolutions:

1. Wear an extra T-shirt under the costume, and change it daily.
2. Shower nightly.
3. Change out of costume sometime in the early evening each day.
4. Wear antiperspirant.
5. No running, and stay out of the sun.
6. No DDR in chain mail. :-X
good advice indeed ;D

Offline Rainfeather

• Sailor Scout
    • Firebead
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2008, 10:18:21 pm »
You guys are more than welcome to plan another photoshoot, I'm just not sure if I'll be able to make it to any other ones than Sunday. xD If you DO plan one and see me wandering, feel free to grab me and just haul me, as I think I'm the only Peach going? At least, I think I'm the only one.
Red Mage at heart.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2008, 10:26:42 am »
Everyone is agreed on Sunday, but what time?

The original schedule said 1pm.  If that's still doable for a decent number of us, I suggest we stick to it.

Apollo Justice

Offline Rainfeather

• Sailor Scout
    • Firebead
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2008, 08:13:19 pm »
1 is good for me, as well. That's the time I assumed everyone was aiming for.
Red Mage at heart.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2008, 09:29:13 am »
Everybody in the Legend of Zelda thread seems fine with 1pm.

I am officially saying that the unofficial time is now set in concrete at 1pm. :) If any of you are going to be late, let us know so some of us can consider waiting for you.

Or, if you can't come at all, please consider trying to set up something separate rather than trying to dissuade people from coming at 1pm. No one said there has to be only one gathering...

Apollo Justice

Offline Frankenollie

• Oni
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2008, 07:09:36 pm »
I'm going as Lucas on Saturday and Monday, as those are the days I'll be here for. >_> If there are enough people, I wouldn't mind arranging a photoshoot, but Kumoricon starts tomorrow, soooo it might be kinda late for a Saturday one... Please reply if any of you can come on Monday.

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2008, 08:23:55 pm »
ARGH! I can't get the mustache to work for my Wario cosplay!  It wont stay on my face! *sob*, I may have to go without it.  :'(

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2008, 08:25:07 pm »
what are you using to attach it?

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2008, 01:51:11 am »
ARGH! I can't get the mustache to work for my Wario cosplay!  It wont stay on my face! *sob*, I may have to go without it.  :'(

You can borrow some of my spirit gum if we meet up and you're still having problems with it... (warning: you may also need to come back for spirit gum remover)

I'm going as Lucas on Saturday and Monday, as those are the days I'll be here for. >_> If there are enough people, I wouldn't mind arranging a photoshoot, but Kumoricon starts tomorrow, soooo it might be kinda late for a Saturday one... Please reply if any of you can come on Monday.

I might be in my Link costume on Monday, but there really has been enough warning for a Saturday photoshoot. I'll lasso Nintendo characters if I have to...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 01:52:52 am by Radien »

Apollo Justice

Offline Winfred

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2008, 10:13:04 pm »
Oh! Oh! Our group has at the very least two Smash Bros cosplayers coming Monday! Granted, they'll be kinda cheap costumes, but WE'LL BE THERE. With cheap smash ball piñatas, too!

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2008, 11:28:10 pm »
Does anyone have the pictures of the photoshoot?

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2008, 10:25:43 am »
Sorry I wasn't in costume on Monday (it takes nearly two hours to get into costume and I also had to pack), but the Sunday photo shoot was great. :) I don't know how it got by me that it was scheduled for Sunday. I think I was going off of dated information on the forums. Oh well, at least we figured it out... it was fun, and hey, six Links can't be wrong.

Apollo Justice

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2008, 09:08:03 pm »
Okay, I'm going to ask again: does anyone have pictures, or have found pictures, of the Smash Brothers photoshoot????

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2008, 01:59:24 am »
Okay, I'm going to ask again: does anyone have pictures, or have found pictures, of the Smash Brothers photoshoot????

There definitely were some.  Try here...

http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee89/Teuvan/Kumoricon%2008/?start=40

...and here.

http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/nn167/chandra_nalaar/Kumoricon%202008/

There may be more, but those are what I've found so far.

I regret that there haven't been any really good shots of the "oops, I'm gonna fall" group pose, and none of them really got me on camera, even though I suggested the idea. Sorry to say, but to really ensure good photo selection, the cosplayers sometimes have to bring cameras and take turns being the photographer. Either that or rope a bystander into snapping the shots, that is... ;D  ...Oh well, more photos may pop up soon.

Oh! Oh! Our group has at the very least two Smash Bros cosplayers coming Monday! Granted, they'll be kinda cheap costumes, but WE'LL BE THERE. With cheap smash ball piñatas, too!

Sorry I missed the piñatas; I hope you got pictures. :( I couldn't face the prospect of another day in chain mail, and my white shirt and pants for Link were pretty gross after day two.  (Next time I'm going to have to look into the prospect of either doing laundry nightly at the con, or obtaining an extra set of the shirt and pants used for that costume.)

What characters did you end up costuming? I think I saw a Lucas in the gaming room on Monday, but no Fox, Meta Knight, or Game And Watch. I think the Lucas I saw also has a cool Pit costume which may or may not have surfaced this year.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 02:16:41 am by Radien »

Apollo Justice

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2008, 12:50:50 pm »

There definitely were some.  Try here...

http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee89/Teuvan/Kumoricon%2008/?start=40

...and here.

http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/nn167/chandra_nalaar/Kumoricon%202008/

There may be more, but those are what I've found so far.

I regret that there haven't been any really good shots of the "oops, I'm gonna fall" group pose, and none of them really got me on camera, even though I suggested the idea. Sorry to say, but to really ensure good photo selection, the cosplayers sometimes have to bring cameras and take turns being the photographer. Either that or rope a bystander into snapping the shots, that is... ;D  ...Oh well,

Drat, I've seen those pictures already. And I seriously need to lose some weight and gain some muscle before I cosplay as Wario again. But I'd still like to see those pictures of us balancing on the ledge, and possibly more pictures of us (because Im pretty sure there are some out there).
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 12:56:43 pm by Teasel »

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2008, 09:40:43 pm »
Drat, I've seen those pictures already. And I seriously need to lose some weight and gain some muscle before I cosplay as Wario again. But I'd still like to see those pictures of us balancing on the ledge, and possibly more pictures of us (because Im pretty sure there are some out there).

Are you kidding? I was thinking that you were too skinny to play Wario. ;) If you don't want to proudly display even an ounce of flab, perhaps you're cosplaying the wrong character.... j/k

Say, did you ever get any photos with the great Waluigi out there? He said he found you, but he was very in-character when I asked, so I don't know whether he was serious...

Apollo Justice

Offline Winfred

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2008, 03:55:31 pm »
Sorry I missed the piñatas; I hope you got pictures. :( I couldn't face the prospect of another day in chain mail, and my white shirt and pants for Link were pretty gross after day two.  (Next time I'm going to have to look into the prospect of either doing laundry nightly at the con, or obtaining an extra set of the shirt and pants used for that costume.)

What characters did you end up costuming? I think I saw a Lucas in the gaming room on Monday, but no Fox, Meta Knight, or Game And Watch. I think the Lucas I saw also has a cool Pit costume which may or may not have surfaced this year.

Yah, three days of the same costume would've been madness, I'd think! Perfectly understandable. And there were a few pictures of us taken, but none that I can readily find. I'mma lookin', though!

Lesse, the piñatas and mock fighting lasted about five minutes, theeen we threw candy at the glomp circle and staged some more battles before calling it quits, so you didn't miss a whole lot. But it was still rockin'! In our group, there was Diddy Kong (me!), Fox, Mr. Game n' Watch (with bowler hat and skillet), and Olimar. I think we got a Lucas and a Ness to fight with us, too. That Ness was really good at doing the dodge move, by the way!

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2008, 10:22:35 pm »

Are you kidding? I was thinking that you were too skinny to play Wario. ;) If you don't want to proudly display even an ounce of flab, perhaps you're cosplaying the wrong character.... j/k

Say, did you ever get any photos with the great Waluigi out there? He said he found you, but he was very in-character when I asked, so I don't know whether he was serious...
No! I never did get any pictures with him! I really wanted to, but the first time I saw him was on monday at Lloyd Center (and I wasnt in costume on monday). And too skinny? Really? I really just wanted to get rid of the flab under my chin, and get more muscular (because Wario is pretty muscular).

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2008, 01:15:43 am »
Yah, three days of the same costume would've been madness, I'd think! Perfectly understandable. And there were a few pictures of us taken, but none that I can readily find. I'mma lookin', though!

Lesse, the piñatas and mock fighting lasted about five minutes, theeen we threw candy at the glomp circle and staged some more battles before calling it quits, so you didn't miss a whole lot. But it was still rockin'! In our group, there was Diddy Kong (me!), Fox, Mr. Game n' Watch (with bowler hat and skillet), and Olimar. I think we got a Lucas and a Ness to fight with us, too. That Ness was really good at doing the dodge move, by the way!

Aww, wish I could have joined in. :(  Did you get pics?  I think I might've seen you as Diddy Kong at some point, but only in passing.

No! I never did get any pictures with him! I really wanted to, but the first time I saw him was on monday at Lloyd Center (and I wasnt in costume on monday). And too skinny? Really? I really just wanted to get rid of the flab under my chin, and get more muscular (because Wario is pretty muscular).

I suspect he didn't wear Waluigi at all until Monday.  I think the costume was new at Sakura Con, and who knows? He might've had other new costume(s) for the other two days.  Someone should tell Waluigi that he is technically in Smash Bros. Brawl in that outfit, even if he's just an assist trophy...

Oh, hey!  Got some footage of the Brawl photoshoot thanks to someone in the cosplay photos thread.  It's nothing too exciting, but it should be fun for the picture starved. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEqJiU7to_8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKz_ZTdbFnY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaUHFZ-M-CI

Apollo Justice

Offline Rainfeather

• Sailor Scout
    • Firebead
« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2008, 10:47:27 pm »
I have to say that I absolutely LOVED the photoshoot. XD It was completely awesome. There were a LOT of great cosplayers out there!
Red Mage at heart.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2008, 03:32:36 am »
I have to say that I absolutely LOVED the photoshoot. XD It was completely awesome. There were a LOT of great cosplayers out there!

I loved all the costumes, and most of the people were pretty cool too, but I wish we'd done more.  Kingdom Hearts had a war! :O

We did manage to get some good Legend of Zelda staged poses in, but mostly afterward. If we find a similar location next year, mebbe we could have everybody face off in pairs and stage a brawl on two levels. :D

Apollo Justice