Author Topic: Guitar Hero: On Tour (DS)  (Read 3944 times)

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
Guitar Hero: On Tour (DS)
« on: July 10, 2008, 02:51:13 pm »
You know what could be fun? If a group of people with DS's and copies of Guitar Hero: On Tour got together at Kumoricon this year. I know I'm gonna be bringing mine with me, and I'm itchin' to play the Guitar Duel mode with an actual person. So will anyone esle be bringing GH:OT with them?
"Yes, that's a gun in my pants. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you."

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
Re: Guitar Hero: On Tour (DS)
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 06:48:10 am »
is that game any fun?  It seems like a fail idea for a game to me.  Never played it though.
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 09:15:23 am »
A friend of mine has that and let me play it last night, and I have to say it is a very different experience. My hand was cramping up after two songs, heh. I liked it a lot, it seemed like I could get into it just as easily as the other Guitar Hero games, but it will take some time for me to get used to the new hand positioning.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Teasel

• Catgirl
    • Facebook goodness
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 01:09:36 am »
is that game any fun?  It seems like a fail idea for a game to me.  Never played it though.
I found it to be fun. However, you have to take breaks so your hand doesnt cramp up on you (like the game suggests). I typically take a short break after each song, so my hand can cool down (cause it can get sweaty). Gameplay wise, it's fun. The Guitar Duel multiplayer mode is made spacifically for the DS (no duh), and is quite interesting. In Guitar Duel mode, you don't have star power, it's replaced by strings of notes that have spikes coming out the middle of them. If you hit them all (like with star power) you get an item which you can activate via the touch screen.Once activated these items can do a number of things to screw up your opponent. For instance, one item causes you opponent's guitar to burst into flames (which must be put out by blowing into the mic, otherwise they can't play). Another one causes a string on your opponent's guitar to break (which must be restrung). And then there's my favorite item, which causes someone from the audience to thrusts something like a book or a purse or a fish (I kid you not)into your opponent's face, hindering their ability to play, untill they sign it (or scribble on it). But yeah, in my opinion it's a fun game .
"Yes, that's a gun in my pants. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you."

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 11:04:49 am »
I found it to be fun. However, you have to take breaks so your hand doesnt cramp up on you (like the game suggests). I typically take a short break after each song, so my hand can cool down (cause it can get sweaty). Gameplay wise, it's fun. The Guitar Duel multiplayer mode is made spacifically for the DS (no duh), and is quite interesting. In Guitar Duel mode, you don't have star power, it's replaced by strings of notes that have spikes coming out the middle of them. If you hit them all (like with star power) you get an item which you can activate via the touch screen.Once activated these items can do a number of things to screw up your opponent. For instance, one item causes you opponent's guitar to burst into flames (which must be put out by blowing into the mic, otherwise they can't play). Another one causes a string on your opponent's guitar to break (which must be restrung). And then there's my favorite item, which causes someone from the audience to thrusts something like a book or a purse or a fish (I kid you not)into your opponent's face, hindering their ability to play, untill they sign it (or scribble on it). But yeah, in my opinion it's a fun game .

Those sound like some really fun battle attacks. That's reason enough to give it another chance (I just need to learn to play in moderation so I don't get carpel tunnel, heh). I also really liked the song selection. I was happy to see Spiderwebs by No Doubt, heh.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!