Author Topic: Yaoi/yuri party  (Read 295821 times)

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: Yaoi/yuri party
« Reply #1350 on: August 27, 2008, 09:55:58 am »
This is Sunday night right? If it's Sunday I will come as Albel but if it's Saturday then I'll be Temari.

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1351 on: August 27, 2008, 01:33:49 pm »
I'm pretty sure its ots on sunday, I checked the schedual, I would go and check it again but I'm to lazy.......

*goes and checks.*

yea its on sunday...
Next con: Kumori-con

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #1352 on: August 27, 2008, 02:19:11 pm »
Alright then I will be Albel that night ^_^

Good because I wanted to go to this as Albel.

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1353 on: August 27, 2008, 03:45:06 pm »
...what would he wear for pj's?!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #1354 on: August 27, 2008, 03:57:34 pm »
I don't have any pjs for him......I have no idea what I could wear...I guess it would be boxers and a tee shirt but that is all I can think of (or do seeing how I am a girl)

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1355 on: August 27, 2008, 08:34:23 pm »
lol, yea.....I know what you mean.

oslapedo

« Reply #1356 on: September 02, 2008, 01:36:59 pm »
Am I the only one that thought this ended up not living up to it's epic potential? So me and my friends were there and we kind of just sat around and didn't really do anything. We didn't even have the yaori pj shoot!

We did leave like an hour early though, so maybe things got better but I know at least the first part was pretty disorganized :D

Offline Ryu-chan

• Chibi
« Reply #1357 on: September 02, 2008, 01:42:23 pm »
yea same here, after sensitive P we left, walked around, had some pizza then hung out in one of the shuichi's room for a bit, i was totally sadened by it, tried to liven it up a bit but we couldnt think of any games for 50+ people @@ imma start looking lol

oslapedo

« Reply #1358 on: September 02, 2008, 03:09:30 pm »
I heard a bunch of people making valiant attempts but I just wish we could've done the yaori shoot xD

Btw, you were there??? I didn't see you at all at the con! I feel like I missed out on some epic glompage! : O

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
« Reply #1359 on: September 02, 2008, 09:27:02 pm »
Yeah, well you did leave early Miss Oslapedo. xD When I went to go get my bag after you guys left they were just getting started. You missed it by like 2 minutes.

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1360 on: September 02, 2008, 09:41:57 pm »
I really wanted to go... I crai nao.

Offline Ryu-chan

• Chibi
« Reply #1361 on: September 02, 2008, 10:26:03 pm »
yea i was there from the start of the shonen ai at 9 till like 12 i was one of the people tryn to save it, the ryuichi that was placing a shuichi into bondage

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
« Reply #1362 on: September 03, 2008, 10:13:24 pm »
yea i was there from the start of the shonen ai at 9 till like 12 i was one of the people tryn to save it, the ryuichi that was placing a shuichi into bondage

Lol I remember that!
You better remember me as well xD
I took you pink bunny with me to sleep lol it was very snuggle...like lol
Anyways Sorry to everyone that was expecting something great out of that panel...
But I am working on one myself for next year looking for anyone that wants to help me!
I have some very nice plans already, and I will like it if I found some helpers.
I promise everyone would have a great time...lol even if it's in a year from now. >_>;;
Anyways send me a message, and tell me what "You" Think ^-^

Offline Ryu-chan

• Chibi
« Reply #1363 on: September 03, 2008, 10:15:55 pm »
i will so definately help out, i havent got a chance to look up games for 50+ people yet but imma work on it, hopefully it gets tot he point where we wont be playing any videos at all, since those are for other rooms

and yes i totally remmeber you =) i tried to catch you by ur room but i overslept xD
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 10:16:51 pm by Ryu-chan »

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
« Reply #1364 on: September 03, 2008, 10:22:53 pm »
Great I'm looking for as many helpers as I can. I'm trying to think of a place everyone can go for a meeting once I know that I can have a room space for it for next year. I will be attending the meeting future meeting to talk to Programming. I really have lot's of Ideas so I really want to try to make a great Shonen-ai for under 18, and a great Yaoi for 18+ ^-^

oslapedo

« Reply #1365 on: September 04, 2008, 04:48:47 pm »
Yeah, well you did leave early Miss Oslapedo. xD When I went to go get my bag after you guys left they were just getting started. You missed it by like 2 minutes.

Ah well. There's always next year!

I really wanted to go... I crai nao.

It wasn't that great, you didn't miss anything Tanis : D

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #1366 on: September 05, 2008, 01:30:57 am »
Great I'm looking for as many helpers as I can. I'm trying to think of a place everyone can go for a meeting once I know that I can have a room space for it for next year. I will be attending the meeting future meeting to talk to Programming. I really have lot's of Ideas so I really want to try to make a great Shonen-ai for under 18, and a great Yaoi for 18+ ^-^

I intend to run the 18+ party again next year.  It was my first time ever hosting a panel and I really enjoyed it.

Since people DID show, I didn't expect anyone to, it was kind of a last minute thing, I'm going to make an extra effort to plan early and make it turnout much better.
Truth be told, I wasn't happy with it either. I wanted a 'party' not just viewing.

I wouldn't mind splitting panels with you like, you can take  18- and I'll do 18+ again.

Or if you intend on just doing yaoi, I can do yaoi + yuri again.
 I honestly do not like yuri. It isn't even that I'm not a lesbian so much as it's so damned cheesy and unrealistic, but I don't mind doing it.

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
« Reply #1367 on: September 05, 2008, 06:46:59 am »

I intend to run the 18+ party again next year.  It was my first time ever hosting a panel and I really enjoyed it.

Since people DID show, I didn't expect anyone to, it was kind of a last minute thing, I'm going to make an extra effort to plan early and make it turnout much better.
Truth be told, I wasn't happy with it either. I wanted a 'party' not just viewing.

I wouldn't mind splitting panels with you like, you can take  18- and I'll do 18+ again.

I honestly do not like yuri. It isn't even that I'm not a lesbian so much as it's so damned cheesy and unrealistic, but I don't mind doing it.

Well I don't know but I do plan to do the Yaoi Panel 18+.
Whatever is that your decision is. It's fine with me, but I already talk to the Programing director about my Panel. The last day of con. So you can do your own if you want, but I'm still be making mine as well.

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #1368 on: September 05, 2008, 10:17:38 am »

Well I don't know but I do plan to do the Yaoi Panel 18+.
Whatever is that your decision is. It's fine with me, but I already talk to the Programing director about my Panel. The last day of con. So you can do your own if you want, but I'm still be making mine as well.

Alright, if you don't see any problem with getting 'first dibs' by using your position to skip the procedure the rest of us have to follow, then there's not much I can do.
So I'll have my yaoi/Yuri Saterday night.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 10:39:57 am by ThiefKingsHier »

Offline Ryu-chan

• Chibi
« Reply #1369 on: September 05, 2008, 01:48:26 pm »
there's tension in the air.....why cant we all just work together on this? rather then leave the workload on one person with a chance of that one person not showing up and screwing everyone over in the end, is there like some kind of prize for someone leading a panel or something because this *my party will be better then yours* thing is getting annoying and hell, it just started.

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1370 on: September 05, 2008, 02:28:08 pm »
This is not a competition, or a "my idea is better than yours".  Panels are supposed to be fun for all of those involved... if two people have the same idea, why can't we all work together to put on a great panel?

That being said... panel forms aren't being accepted until after elections in October, so you have plenty of time to figure out what you want to do.  And preference is not made for staff over attendee, or vice versa.  I've heard a lot of great panel ideas that didn't pan out, because no one made the effort to submit.  You can't claim "this is my idea, you can't use it"... everyone has equal rights to panel ideas.  Working together will go a lot farther than fighting over it.

Now, please keep the discussion civil or I will lock this thread.

Thank you
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #1371 on: September 05, 2008, 02:28:36 pm »
there's tension in the air.....why cant we all just work together on this? rather then leave the workload on one person with a chance of that one person not showing up and screwing everyone over in the end, is there like some kind of prize for someone leading a panel or something because this *my party will be better then yours* thing is getting annoying and hell, it just started.

I had a lot of fun running that panel, and I know it was great. So I'm looking forward to making it better.

It was ..upsetting to see soemone come on here saying they could do better , but I really, REALLY don't want make it a competition. That's why I made the offer I did.

I'm not going to compete. I'm not. I'll go ahead and do a yaoi/yuri one night and they can do yaoi the other. That's fine.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 02:30:37 pm by ThiefKingsHier »

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
« Reply #1372 on: September 05, 2008, 04:01:03 pm »

I had a lot of fun running that panel, and I know it was great. So I'm looking forward to making it better.

It was ..upsetting to see soemone come on here saying they could do better , but I really, REALLY don't want make it a competition. That's why I made the offer I did.

I'm not going to compete. I'm not. I'll go ahead and do a yaoi/yuri one night and they can do yaoi the other. That's fine.

I never once said I was going to make it, or could do better. And about "using your position to skip the procedure the rest of us have to follow" That is not true. I also have to fallow like everyone else dose. I'm not better than anyone nor because I'm staff/yojimbo. I have no better rights. I also said that I wanted helpers, it doesn't mean we cant both organize together if you really wanted to also make it.

Panels are suppose to be fun, not to compete over who makes it first. I just want you to know that I have no right higher than you, or anyone else. And I can't nor I would use my position to make a panel.  All I wanted was to buy some gifts to some people that left hanging on the Panel. But it's fine if you really want to make it go head. I mean I will be Yojimbo next year as well. So even thought they would let me have a free time to make my panel I wont fight over it either.

So I'm sorry if I sounded like I could do better than anyone else because that is not true.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 04:10:26 pm by vampirek_yaoi »

Offline Ryu-chan

• Chibi
« Reply #1373 on: September 05, 2008, 11:15:58 pm »
ok so now we need ideas~i can help with prizes i.e sew up a bunch of random plushies, im making 3 more kumagoros 1 for myself(the other one turned purple when i threw it in the wash xD) 1 to donate and the 3rd for a prize, what would be good plushies to make for prizes? i've never actually made em before lol then, bits of pieces of candy? as mini prizes or maybe manga xD

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #1374 on: September 05, 2008, 11:28:35 pm »

Panels are suppose to be fun, not to compete over who makes it first.  But it's fine if you really want to make it go head. I mean I will be Yojimbo next year as well. So even thought they would let me have a free time to make my panel I wont fight over it either.

I wouldn't mind splitting panels with you like, you can take  18- and I'll do 18+ again.

Or if you intend on just doing yaoi, I can do yaoi + yuri again

I'll go ahead and do a yaoi/yuri one night and they can do yaoi the other. That's fine.

I really wasn't trying to start a competition, it was an honest ( Though poorly worded) question " Which do you intend to do? I'll take the other"

"left hanging on the panel? "

Do you mean because there was no running it ?  That would put everything into a whole different light.

There were two different panels. Both in  the same room, one directly after the other.

They were not run by the same people.

The one that started earlier, had nothing to do with me.  I only ran the 18+ that started at 11:30.

In any case, if you want to run one panel together, or have separate ones, either way is fine with me

« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 11:31:34 pm by ThiefKingsHier »

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
« Reply #1375 on: September 05, 2008, 11:29:51 pm »
Oh lol I want one too xD

For some prizes, I think that I'm giving Yaoi Manga lol.... x3

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
« Reply #1376 on: September 05, 2008, 11:34:53 pm »

Panels are suppose to be fun, not to compete over who makes it first.  But it's fine if you really want to make it go head. I mean I will be Yojimbo next year as well. So even thought they would let me have a free time to make my panel I wont fight over it either.

I wouldn't mind splitting panels with you like, you can take  18- and I'll do 18+ again.

Or if you intend on just doing yaoi, I can do yaoi + yuri again

I'll go ahead and do a yaoi/yuri one night and they can do yaoi the other. That's fine.

I really wasn't trying to start a competition, it was an honest ( Though poorly worded) question " Which do you intend to do? I'll take the other"

And about "using your position to skip the procedure the rest of us have to follow"

That is not true. I also have to fallow like everyone else dose. I'm not better than anyone nor because I'm staff/yojimbo. I have no better rights. I also said that I wanted helpers, it doesn't mean we cant both organize together if you really wanted to also make it.

Then what did you mean you said  :

I will be attending the meeting future meeting to talk to Programming.
but I already talk to the Programing director about my Panel. The last day of con.

"left hanging on the panel? "

Do you mean because there was no running it ?  That would put everything into a whole different light.

There were two different panels. Both in  the same room, one directly after the other.

They were not run by the same people.

The one that started earlier, had nothing to do with me.  I only ran the 18+ that started at 11:30.

In any case, if you want to run one panel together, or have separate ones, either way is fine with me

I think one would be better than two or nothing.

I so the talking, Yes I did talk to the Operations Director that is still in charge until the do voting. I was on the Rant, and Rave after the con. So they are a lot of people that heard me, I might have even gotten film...so a video camera pointing at me.. O__O...

Also I still have to go to the meeting to see if I can make it official. Never said it was. Which was I said I'm thinking about making one..not I already have that...so yea...

So I don't mind making one together, because really I want to make an 18+, and I just want to have some fun that's all.

Offline Ryu-chan

• Chibi
« Reply #1377 on: September 05, 2008, 11:47:51 pm »
what would kinda be nice is we make 2 panels back to back. first is the yaoi panel where we do certain blah blah things pertaining to yaoi, then yuri right afterwards again with certain blah blah things pertaining to yuri, that'd be better then a random mix of yaoi and yuri,  but that aside i probly wouldnt do very well entertaining a bunch of yuri fanboys/girls lol for obvious reasons.

anyways, sorry im typing while im thinking and while im thinking im typing randomly because it helps me to think so i can type something good up....

how long are panels usually? i could try to reorganize some party games to probly fit 3 hours, and maybe contests~ maybe we can name it the yaoi party panel, so no viewing >< we'll, there will be viewing just not of dvds, and of course a yuri panel.....you know what? screw it i'm not talking anymore yuri >< i cant think of anything good, well i can but nothing that seems appealing or well no other input on it since most of us currently posting are yaoi fans, hmm.....

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #1378 on: September 05, 2008, 11:59:20 pm »
what would kinda be nice is we make 2 panels back to back. first is the yaoi panel where we do certain blah blah things pertaining to yaoi, then yuri right afterwards again with certain blah blah things pertaining to yuri, that'd be better then a random mix of yaoi and yuri,  but that aside i probly wouldnt do very well entertaining a bunch of yuri fanboys/girls lol for obvious reasons.

anyways, sorry im typing while im thinking and while im thinking im typing randomly because it helps me to think so i can type something good up....

how long are panels usually? i could try to reorganize some party games to probly fit 3 hours, and maybe contests~ maybe we can name it the yaoi party panel, so no viewing >< we'll, there will be viewing just not of dvds, and of course a yuri panel.....you know what? screw it i'm not talking anymore yuri >< i cant think of anything good, well i can but nothing that seems appealing or well no other input on it since most of us currently posting are yaoi fans, hmm.....

That is why I was considering doing separate panels.

Yaoi/yuri has something for everyone and while I'm not a fan of yuri I know I can tolerate it a little better.

So if you guys do not wan to have any yuri at your party, I don't mind doing both.

Offline Ryu-chan

• Chibi
« Reply #1379 on: September 06, 2008, 08:28:20 pm »
i dont mind, i already offered vampirek to help her with her panel but i dont mind helping you on your yaoi portion of the panel

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
« Reply #1380 on: September 06, 2008, 08:52:13 pm »
I seriously have no idea what is going to happen. I still need to wait until the meeting to see whats going to happen. I wanted to make a Shonen-ai, but I also wanted to make a Yaoi for 18+, but it seems that I wont since I really don't want to fight about it either. Either way I still will see if there is a space for the panels in 2009 for Shonen-ai, and Yaoi if someone else is wanting to make one...Even if I'm not part of it I'll see if I can be on shift for those two events.