Author Topic: Hiiii guys!  (Read 3574 times)

Offline Kirakins

• Sailor Scout
    • My Myspace
Hiiii guys!
« on: February 19, 2008, 11:19:10 am »
Hello Everyone.

This may end up being quite a long explanation, but that's alright! Short version, I've been very shy in all my con experience but I really want these next cons to be memorable and actually make friends at them! So, maybe if I get to know people online BEFORE conventions, I'll actually get to meet up with them at cons and become better friends.

Long version... So, I have been going to Kumoricon since it's beginning way back in 2003. It was in Eugene/Springfield then, and a tiny but VERY fun con. I was supreme Ghetto Tifa, as evidenced in the following picture:

http://www.obsessedwithanime.com/conventions/grab_image.php?id=9553&type=1&conid=13&sorter=counter&cs_start=20&ranker=36&conday=

Since then, I have done numerous costumes, most of which my best friend has been my counterpart. Like Kero/Suppi-Chan from CCS (I was Kero), Yui of Fushigi Yuugi (My best friend was Miaka), Kairi of KHII, Winry Rockbell of FMA, Random Silent Hill Nurse (my b/f was PyHead the past 2 years so it was mostly thrown together costumes to go running around with him), Gir from Invader Zim, and Mokona-Modoka (White, from various CLAMP series).

SO, I've probably seen some of you around. I'm really into cosplay, it makes me happy, and this year I'll be going as Roxas (Twilight Town). So, people that are into KH (especially II or CoM) get extra love bonus! I also like videogames of ALL sorts like; WoW, I enjoy DDR/ITG, Rock Band, Guitar Hero, and I like the hand-game (I don't know it's official name, sorry!).

I will be moving to Portland sometime in the coming year, I live in VERY Southern Oregon currently and it is a barren wasteland for nerdy friends. (Well, except my few pre-existing friends :) ). I like food and culture. I enjoy comic books and pretty much any nerdy activity you can name.

I am a Computer Science major, and I hope to transfer to PSU once I move to P-Town.

I also enjoy online roleplaying, but haven't practiced in a looonnggg time. Random conversations on Yahoo or MSN or AIM are fun, but I've cut way back on my instant messaging over the past few years (but, I'm definitely down to start up the online chatting fun-ness again!)

I'm a 20 year old female, and I have a loving, awesome boyfriend that I live with. Any questions?? GOGOGO!

Planned Cosplay '09

Roxas - Christmas Town, Cyber Punk, and Masquerade. Bringing other versions, too.
Naruto - Shippuden Naru

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
Re: Hiiii guys!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 11:39:21 am »
I'm pretty sure it's going to be very difficult for all the otaku to find ways of replying to this that aren't going to seem like stalking after what I just said.   After all... I just used up the freebee reply topic.  Sorry guys.

As far as barren wastelands, I'm sure southern Oregon qualifies as an isolated pocket zone.  Probably quite like each town is it's own closed space.  However that's nothing to the frustration of suspecting there are others about you in the crowd... but being utterly unable to tell who.  Kumoicon and Halloween come but once a year (and not everyone Cosplays).
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 02:09:02 pm »
Nice! Funny, I just recently stumbled upon a message you sent me on cosplay.com.

PSU? Sweet, I'm attending this fall as well!  ;D

Offline Kirakins

• Sailor Scout
    • My Myspace
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 02:39:59 pm »
MichaelEvans - Southern Oregon isn't that bad, but yes it's frustrating when I know there must be others here >.> But I don't know who! Or maybe I really am the only one D:

Totemo - Yeah, I sent random messages to people who replied on my "Let's exchange cosplay.com accounts!" thread I posted after last years con :)

Mustash - YES! I do like spam boards <.< I was always too shy to post there, but now I can't get enough ;) Plus, gives me something to do at work! Muaha.

Planned Cosplay '09

Roxas - Christmas Town, Cyber Punk, and Masquerade. Bringing other versions, too.
Naruto - Shippuden Naru

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 02:46:35 pm »
Yay spam forums, the veritable watering-hole of the internetz; everyone meetsu p there at some point!

But really, welcome and I'm glad to see you are taking a liking to the digital face of the con. And I'm sure I'll be seeing you sooner or later, since you'll be going to PSU. ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 04:30:59 pm »
Woo hoo another PSU student! I hope to see you at the con and maybe around the campus~~~ (totemo and I are gonna room together :D)

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline risotto

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 04:39:09 pm »
Ahh the very first Kumoricon back in Springfield. I went with my sister when I was.. *counts fingers* 11? Wow, I feel so old and young at the same time. Just goes to show that anyone can become an anime junkie at any age! ;D

Oh, and did I mention that Spamland has cookies? (and diet coke XD)

Offline Kirakins

• Sailor Scout
    • My Myspace
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 06:22:46 pm »
To all you PSU peoples, I'll be easy to spot.. I have bright pink hair with purple and blue bangs currently. It may change before I enroll, but I typically have bright hair anyways :P

And EW, diet coke ._. I quit soda this year (starting new year's day) and haven't had but a sip (to see if I still liked it, which I def. don't.) since Jan. 1st. YAY ME! :) Propel Fitness Water for me, plz!

Planned Cosplay '09

Naruto - Shippuden Naru

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 06:25:31 pm »
I've always wanted bright pink hair.

Whenever that day comes, you might need to help me.  ;D

Offline Kirakins

• Sailor Scout
    • My Myspace
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 06:27:24 pm »
Totemo - Totally! I love doing my friend's hair  ( Only few of them have let me ;-; ) @_@ Plus, I don't like to sound arrogant, but I've become quite good at getting nice, vibrant color. I've picked up trade secret's off the internets, which helps!

Planned Cosplay '09

Naruto - Shippuden Naru

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 06:39:12 pm »

That would be really funny if both of us got really crazy haircuts and colors right when we leave home XD

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 08:35:18 pm »
And EW, diet coke ._. I quit soda this year (starting new year's day) and haven't had but a sip (to see if I still liked it, which I def. don't.) since Jan. 1st. YAY ME! :) Propel Fitness Water for me, plz!

I'm working on reducing my soda intake.  Slowly working my self down to just a single can's worth per day (maybe next month).  I think that the caffeinated Propel drink I just got at Costco should help, as that may fix two major reasons I drink soda.  Something tasty with a meal, and the extra boost.
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2008, 03:56:32 am »

PSU = biggest student body in oregon, probally quite a few people on campus with bright pink hair
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline ZombieFace

• Sailor Scout
    • Jailbreak Designs / Photography
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2008, 09:22:57 am »
test test test.. Kirakins is the best best best

~JailBreak Photography~
www.jailbreakdesigns.com

Offline Kirakins

• Sailor Scout
    • My Myspace
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2008, 09:38:24 am »
Meh, even if there are a lot more people with brightly colored pink hair than usual, there's probably way, way, way, WAY more without pink hair.  ::)

Zombieface, lovey! Hello! Cool siggy and avatar. *points* Zombie is meh boyfriend, I coerced him into joining us, haha.

Planned Cosplay '09

Naruto - Shippuden Naru

Offline ZombieFace

• Sailor Scout
    • Jailbreak Designs / Photography
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 12:28:53 pm »
true story.. I shall soon invade all digital realms. Kira shall be safe nowhere!!  mwahaha!  my cosplay doom shall haunt your dreams for... a few.. minutes.. Yay for doom!

~JailBreak Photography~
www.jailbreakdesigns.com