Author Topic: AMV Progress 2008  (Read 76887 times)

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
    • http://www.pierow.com/
AMV Progress 2008
« on: January 28, 2008, 08:40:33 am »
How goes the editing folks?

I'm still inching my way to getting that damn Advent Children thing done... ¬_¬

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
Re: AMV Progress 2008
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 06:12:33 am »
Well this weekend I got two of the Category placards done  (they will each have a 10 - 20 sec mini AMV in them this year instead of just a still pic) 19 to go ... (I need 3 for each category...)

- G

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 10:43:09 am »
Four months left before the deadline.

What say you, editors? How goes your projects?

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 12:56:33 pm »
Err... Besides staring and poking at the slowness of it? I'm about 1/8 of the way done and I've been working on it for three months. >< I am so horribly lame.

Sixteen Year Kumoricon Veteran
Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 11:59:39 am »
I made my first amv last night using windows movie maker. Can any of you give me some pointers to make better amvs?

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 08:38:27 am »
I made my first amv last night using windows movie maker. Can any of you give me some pointers to make better amvs?
Are you hoping to improve a particular area? Clip choice? Timing? Effects?

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 08:39:13 am »
In fact how about posting your AMV? That is, unless you're planning on submitting it to the con :)

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 11:48:12 am »
well, i guess im wondering if windows movie maker is good to use or if i should be using some other software. I will post it.

Here i just posted it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-cw7IGrm9Q
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 03:24:54 pm by Higuma »

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 08:50:26 am »
It's a decent action video. Timing could use some work but you at least had the right tones for most of the song, meaning there was action going on when the music picked up and had less action during slower parts.

Why do you need a different program?

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 09:43:43 am »
I was just wondering, what program do you use? I understand what you mean about the timing, I was working with some subbed anime so it really limited what I could use. I am working on another one where the timing will be better and it will take a week to finish not just one night, and no subs.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 09:59:11 am by Higuma »

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 03:27:28 pm »
I prefer Adobe Premiere. Been using it since late 2001. I've always used v6.0 but recently upgraded to v6.5. Yeah, using subs gives you so much more freedom when editing, because you don't have to worry about what parts of the footage you pretty much have to avoid. :P

You could always crop the subs out if you wanted to, then move the shot down a little to center it.

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 03:01:04 pm »
I prefer Adobe Premiere. Been using it since late 2001. I've always used v6.0 but recently upgraded to v6.5. Yeah, using subs gives you so much more freedom when editing, because you don't have to worry about what parts of the footage you pretty much have to avoid. :P

You could always crop the subs out if you wanted to, then move the shot down a little to center it.

V6.5 , is that Ulead studio, or a different program?

I'm also looking for a good program to get to do AMV's with. Granted they will only be made on my desktop cause it can be the only one to support it, but yeah.

Thanks,
-Bakura/Heero
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 09:33:33 pm »
I made a Chobits AMV awhile ago. There's a couple tweaks I need to make but it's basically done. I'd like to submit it.

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2008, 10:13:45 am »
p...pr...progr.....ress...? what is this word of which you speak?
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2008, 09:11:58 am »
V6.5 , is that Ulead studio, or a different program?
Adobe Premiere 6.5

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2008, 12:53:32 pm »
Well... I have a song. And I have Advent Children. I need to go DL subtitle-less versions of the FMVs from Crisis Core now, but other than that I should be good. I'll whip one of those suckers out in no time flat! This year I'm definitely participating!

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2008, 08:57:20 pm »
I'll whip one of those suckers out in no time flat! This year I'm definitely participating!
Hooray! Keep up that genki spirit!
Make 'em GREAT!

Looking forward to your works...

- G

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2008, 10:14:41 pm »
Well... I have a song. And I have Advent Children. I need to go DL subtitle-less versions of the FMVs from Crisis Core now, but other than that I should be good. I'll whip one of those suckers out in no time flat! This year I'm definitely participating!

Yay, Crisis Core! If you need the fmv's still, you can get them here[/url. There are still subtitles, but I thought I'd give you a heads up anyway.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2008, 08:47:58 am »
That's okay, I've got them. They're in Japanese, though, but that's just fine! I've cobbled together the structure, too! I just need to fine-tune it, put the opening and closing credits on (those are allowed, right?) and find a CD to put it on so I can save it and send it off in the mail.

Ano... Quick question. The rules says no subtitles, right? That's what it is with Sakuracon's... But, there's about .25 of a second in my video that I absolutely need and I need the bottom half of that has a three-character subtitle. But the subtitle goes along with that part of the song, and isn't all that distracting. Do I still have to get rid of it, because I kind of need the space that the subtitle is over. I can probably find a way to get around it, but it'll take time that I just don't have.

EDIT: Reviewing just what part of the clip the subtitle is over... I can't do anything about it. I really need that piece, too!

EDIT EDIT: I went over the rules again, and it fits the exception rule! I hope. I really, really hope.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 11:20:57 am by LtCommanderRichie »

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
Re: AMV Progress 2008 - Subtitle Removal and other FUN
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2008, 05:14:10 pm »
Quote from:  LtCommanderRichie:
a.  I just need to ... put the opening and closing credits on (those are allowed, right?)
b. The rules says no subtitles, right? / there's about .25 of a second in my video that... has a three-character subtitle.
    But the subtitle goes along with that part of the song, and isn't all that distracting. /
    I went over the rules again, and it fits the exception rule! I hope. I really, really hope.
c. That's what it is with Sakuracon's...
Although I cannot speak for the judges, and cannot predict what they will do, I can offer some AMV suggestions that you might try, if you like:

a. Opening and closing credits, bumpers "Studio [Whatever] Productions," etc, are all allowed. Unless you're going for the 'what the heck was THAT?!?' comedy/offbeat effect, let's NOT do a 90sec OP and a 45sec ED around a 20sec AMV. Unless you're being WEIRD on PURPOSE, fot the 'random amusement' category - in that case, GO FOR IT, do ANYTHING (ok, anything PG-13...)  8-D

b. Is 0.25 sec long enough to read and understand the message of those 3 letters, and how the message fits in with the song or visual situation? Another suggestion to help the sub you leave in look more 'selected on purpose' - If the song repeats, and the message of the text dovetails about as well at other times as it does during your unavoidable moment, then APPLY the text (use subtitling tool) at those points in the song too. Then whole will have more of a feeling that you 'meant it this way.' Depending on what software you are using, you also might try to extract the characters onto a new layer (or create a new layer with the same characters sitting right on top of the unavoidable ones.) Then apply a cool intro effect, and an outro effect after the 0.25 second flash. This does two things: makes it look like 'you meant this,' and also the intro effect helps ddrrrrag the eyeballs of ssslllloower rrrreeeeeaaderrs to the right place in advance, so they'll have more chance to rrreeeeadd it, and 'get' what the text is about and how and why it fits in.

c. Sakuracon folk are a fun gang and their AMV people are cool and all, but there is no direct connection or any sort of concerted attempts at standardizing their contest and ours.

Anyways, GOOD LUCK to you and all, and I should be around at the Mini-con if you want me do demonstrate ways of working with or working around subtitles...

- G

« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 05:15:41 pm by Prinz Eugen »

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2008, 05:46:40 pm »
It's really more of a whole second, now that I go back over it, and the characters aren't in English. They're PSP subtitles in Japanese Kanji, and with the filter I applied to the frame they're somewhat hard to read. I suppose I can replace the clip with a completely different one, what since I'm only working with Windows Vista Movie Maker. I can't do fancy-shmantsy stuff with that.

And the Sakuracon thing was just a precaution, what since I got booted from that one because I had like, a single frame that had a subtitle.

Hmmm, Mini-con, eh? Certainly hope the Decepticons don't try to cart y'all away... I might try to convince my dad to let me go to that.

PS: it isn't cheating if the song was written specifically (by another person that isn't me) for a particular scene in Crisis Core and therefore I'm putting video to words that actually make sense, is it? Did that make sense to anyone here?

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2008, 06:21:08 pm »
When is the deadline for getting these AMV's in?

I really want to do one, but, I've barely started.......<.<.....>.>...... That and I just got Adobe Premier CS3 from a friend, so I get to fiddle around with that for a bit. (Thank Kami I've used it before..)

Anyone know where I can get RAW eps. rather easily, too?

Also, what formats are allowed, resolution, quality level, etc...? (I'm assuming that .wav isn't allowed....)
-Bakura/Heero
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2008, 08:55:22 am »
When is the deadline for getting these AMV's in?

I really want to do one, but, I've barely started.......<.<.....>.>...... That and I just got Adobe Premier CS3 from a friend, so I get to fiddle around with that for a bit. (Thank Kami I've used it before..)

Anyone know where I can get RAW eps. rather easily, too?

Also, what formats are allowed, resolution, quality level, etc...? (I'm assuming that .wav isn't allowed....)
-Bakura/Heero
The deadline for the contest is 5:30 PM on July 25th and must be received by mail. Meaning it must be in their hands on that date, not on the way. :P

If you can't rip DVDs or capture footage and have to resort to using downloaded footage instead, the best way to download a mass amount of material is using torrents. Just keep in mind that downloaded videos have the most tendency to produce errors for your program, corrupt your project file, etc. Not trying to bring you down or anything, just giving you a heads up. :)

The most preferred formats are MPEG1(.mpg) and AVI. MPEG1 is a simple format and should allow any video to play on practically any computer. AVI, on the other hand, is a format that can be encoded from a variety of ways, such as Divx, Xvid and Microsoft MPEG-4 version 2. Those three are the most preferred for the contest. There's also a newer format called h264 that's also allowed, but if there are any encounter problems with it, such as it not playing correctly or not playing at all, you'll be notified and will have two weeks to re-encode it into a different format. This applies to any video that doesn't play correctly.

It should definitely be noted that any WMV, ASF, SWF, MOV formats or SVCD discks will be rejected outright. The two weeks given to re-encode a video into a preferred format applies to any entries encoded with these formats as well.

As for video resolution, it should be no smaller than 512 x 360, and at at least 23 frames per second, though most anime runs at about 29.97 so you shouldn't have any problems with that.

Any other details can be found on the AMV Contest's page:
http://www.opusnet.com/guy1656/k2008-amv.htm

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2008, 09:07:34 am »
Thanks for the link, I'll keep that saved on my computer.

*ish having fun messing with adobe premier cs3*

-Bakura/Heero
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2008, 09:25:48 pm »
Hey, should we label our entries in any particular way? I mean, like, a name and title on the CD? Because I'm all ready to stick mine on a disk and send it off in the mail.

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2008, 11:10:34 am »
Hey, should we label our entries in any particular way? I mean, like, a name and title on the CD? Because I'm all ready to stick mine on a disk and send it off in the mail.
I would assume your name would be the most important thing. Maybe the name of the video as well?  ??? That's definitely a question for Guy (Prinz Eugen).

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2008, 11:54:27 am »

If it is the same as last year, then you need to include your name, the name(s) of your amv('s), the category/ies you are entering them into, and possibly phone number or email address. I think that is what I remember from the year before.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2008, 01:49:01 pm »
Alright, I have my disk all labeled and everything loaded onto it... I'm sending it off in the mail before I forget!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2008, 02:11:00 pm »
Alright, I have my disk all labeled and everything loaded onto it... I'm sending it off in the mail before I forget!

Good luck! I hope to see your stuff at Kumoricon! ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2008, 08:08:34 am »
God speed, Commander.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2008, 12:55:22 pm »
It's in the mail as of yesterday... I just hope that it doesn't break on the way there or is unreadable when you guys get it.

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
Re: AMV Progress 2008 - Corrections & Additions
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2008, 06:51:43 pm »
P-R-M, Thank you for addressing the bunch of questions that arose recently in this thread. Let me add a few clarifications here and there.
Quote from: Pie Row Maniac
The deadline for the contest is 5:30 PM on July 25th and must be received by mail. Meaning it must be in their hands on that date, not on the way. :P
We also accept e-mail messages to:

guy1656
[at]
opusnet
[dot]
com

^ (...attempting to fool spambots...)
..and if they have a download URL or a link to a d/l page at a site like www.animemusicvideos.org then we can d/l them instead of actually burning and mailing a disk. HOWEVER, the deadline is still the same day 25-Jul-06, and I will d/l until 8:30pm. The 5:30pm deadline on the same day is about the time I will be dropping by the rented mailbox for the con. If it's not in the box then it's TOO LATE.

The 8:30pm deadline is just IN CASE I get crushed with e-mails in the last few days. Last year wasn't too bad; the last of the e-mail d/l requests came in about Tuesday, or 72 hrs before the drop-dead hour. Most of the CDs came in in the last week of before the deadline day.

Quote from: Pie Row Maniac
... if there are any encounter problems with it, such as it not playing correctly or not playing at all, you'll be notified and will have two weeks to re-encode it into a different format. This applies to any video that doesn't play correctly.
Close, again. Bottom line is that there has to be at least SOMETHING that the judges can watch on the day they convene. It's nearly impossible to round them ALL up again between the panel day and the con itself. Although it never happened yet [...!] I would tend to try to play the AMV on some other system - anything I could scrounge up - so the judges get a CHANCE at including it in the contest. THEN, I'd contact the creator and we'd try to get SOME format that will play on the Shuttle box I've used to date.

It should definitely be noted that any WMV, ASF, SWF, MOV formats or SVCD disks will be rejected outright.
YES.
The two weeks given to re-encode a video into a preferred format applies to any entries encoded with these formats as well.
NOT NECESSARILY:
(1) Certain formats, especially streaming or privacy non-compliant formats such as SWF or YouTube links, may not be evaluated at all. However, the entrant will be contacted that some other format is required. There must not be any way that commercial 3rd parties can monitor when a file is being viewed, from where, or by whom. That's a minimum baseline for privacy. This is why d/l sites which require registration, logins, passwords, or cookies are *NOT* suitable for contest entries.

(2) Depending on my shooting schedule, SVCD disks or Windows Movie Maker-made WMVs may be converted into targets at any time. 8-D
Overused series can be rather tempting...
DRAMA-1 amv's set to overused series can be especially irresistable...

JUST KIDDING - I actually try my darnedest to make sure EVERY entry gets its best possible chance to play for the judges.

Lastly, About file names:
*SOME* conventions require onerous exactitude with AMV file names.

Guess What:
I *don't.*

As long as you tell me the AMV title, your name, your city and town (used for push-pins on the planet type of statistic, and it's kept private) and you provide me some way to contact you in the event of a question or for shipping details for PRIZES (yay!): postal address, an e-mail address, or a forum nick on www.animemusicvideos.org, then you are GOOD to GO.

If you have any other questions please be sure to e-mail me for fastest response.
Posting here is okay, but my work blocks my access (I can view only, but not post,) and since I don't spend *every* evening on forum boards,** that means that, compared to e-mails, it can take me a couple of days or more to respond to forum activity.

By the way, there are also no limits or restrictions on:
- how long ago you made your AMV
- other conventions or contests where your AMV may have played

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ! ! ! !

**Must WATCH anime SOMETIME, right?!?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 09:13:09 pm by Prinz Eugen »

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2008, 07:50:02 pm »
(2) Depending on my shooting schedule, SVCD disks or Windows Movie Maker-made WMVs may be converted into targets at any time. 8-D
Overused series can be especially tempting...
DRAMA-1 amv's set to overused series can be especially irresistable...

OWO; I'm so glad I learned how to save to .avi, right now... Don't want the guy in charge shooting skeet with my entry! I may be in trouble for the rest of it, though...

As long as you tell me the AMV title, your name, your city and town (used for push-pins on the planet type of statistic, and it's kept private) and you provide me some way to contact you in the event of a question or for shipping details for PRIZES (yay!): postal address, an e-mail address, or a forum nick on www.animemusicvideos.org, then you are GOLDEN.

I would suggest saving the packaging mine will come in, because I didn't put all that on the disk. In fact, the only address on the holder I put the thing in is the one I was supposed to send it to, because I couldn't remember it... But yeah. I wrote my name, the names of the game and movie I got my clips from, I think I wrote the name of the AMV (If not, it's in the intro), the category it's supposed to go into, and my e-mail address.

T_T I don't know how to work animemusicvideos.org anyway... That place totally mystifies me.

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2008, 09:20:25 pm »
Quote from: LtCommanderRichie
I wrote my name, the names of the game and movie I got my clips from, I think I wrote the name of the AMV (If not, it's in the intro), the category it's supposed to go into, and my e-mail address.
Sounds like you've gotten together everything you/we need. I will send you a private 'CONFIRM' e-mail and playback notes ('plays okay,' etc) then copy the file into the contest directory & category folder.

T_T I don't know how to work animemusicvideos.org anyway... That place totally mystifies me.
Catch up with me sometime during a con or a meeting where we have internet connectivity, and I'll see what I can demo for you. It's pretty much the biggest AMV site out there - not the only one, but probably the biggest.

And of course: THANK YOU FOR YOUR ENTRY.
(You *will* make *more* before the deadline, right ;-D  arm-twist, arm-twist... )

-G

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2008, 08:25:52 am »
*Hisssssss* No arm-twisting, buster! But I'll see what I can do. No promises, though. You'll probably end up with a comedy entry of Tifa fighting Loz to Ivy's 'Temptation of Sonata'.

Offline sekitan bun

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2008, 05:54:58 pm »
Duuuude! I wanna make amv's for the contest SOOOO bad!
My dad said I can't download anymore anime on our comp. because I keep crashing it (^.^ tee hee)
I LOVE making amvs's! and I always have the best ideas too! TTnTT
Cosplays 09:
Sebastian Michaelis-kuroshitsujiKarren-code geass

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2008, 07:42:47 pm »
Well then go for it with what you have, sekitan! Whatever you make, it should be great. Do you have anything uploaded to YouTube or something that I can watch? I wanna see what you've done!

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2008, 07:29:07 am »
*Hisssssss* No arm-twisting, buster!
OK, let's try "Gentle, Stalinist persuasion ... ? (JUST BEING *SILLY**!!)

Sekitan, et al: KEEP MAKING AMVS - this is gonna be a GREAT contest!

Another hint: We always get a TON of Drama-1. On top of that, last year's judges decided that if a Comedy AMV wasn't FUNNY enough, it might be a DRAMA, plus if an Action AMV wasn't ACTIVE enough, well maybe it might play out as a DRAMA. So they ended up with about 18 Drama-1 entries PLUS about 12 others - slimming down the odds that any one Drama entry would have. But that also meant that they got to pick the 4 or 6 strongest STORY-TELLING entries. This weeded out the "[My favorite character] plus [my favorite music] but no plot" entries, or "Let's just fill the screen with gaunt, chest-and-forearm-hair-challenged males on motorcycles" entries.

So far Drama entries are leading the pack again. Therefore, you might stand a better chance with one of the less overcrowded categories, like Old School, Movie Trailers, or Japanese Music.

No promises, though, because this year's panel will do things THEIR way...

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2008, 11:48:55 am »
*Hisssssss* No arm-twisting, buster! But I'll see what I can do. No promises, though. You'll probably end up with a comedy entry of Tifa fighting Loz to Ivy's 'Temptation of Sonata'.
That fight always makes me think of the theme to God Hand

zomg video idea :P
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 11:49:14 am by Pie Row Maniac »

Offline JeniOctavia

• Cabbit
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2008, 10:59:39 pm »
I've got my footage, I've got my program, I think I've got my song...
Old school entry here I come!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2008, 01:08:39 pm »
It's up in the air if I actually decide to enter this or not, but I have begun making an AMV for FFVII:DoC, to a song by Hizaki Grace Project. So yeah, I'm working on that. And contest-wise I may enter this AMV I made for Blood, the Last Vampire. But, as I said, up in the air.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2008, 04:40:03 pm »
I was working on one but have not touched it in weeks, because I am stuck and can't figure out what to do next, I am only 1:05 in to the amv. How can I break this amv block? (like writers block but with amvs)

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2008, 05:45:24 pm »
Just start putting in clips until you find one that you like! If all else fails, fade-outs are a must.

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2008, 08:44:05 am »
I was working on one but have not touched it in weeks, because I am stuck and can't figure out what to do next, I am only 1:05 in to the amv. How can I break this amv block? (like writers block but with amvs)
Don't listen to the song for a while (a few days at least), then play it again with your eyes closed while thinking of the anime you're using. :)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2008, 11:48:00 am »
Don't listen to the song for a while (a few days at least), then play it again with your eyes closed while thinking of the anime you're using. :)

That's actually a great idea! Thanks, Pie Row. I'll keep that in mind next time I'm stuck.

As for my progress, I am about halfway through my amv, and it is going well. My only problem is that I can't seem to get rid of the lag when I try to play through (and check progress/synchronization). I'm using Windows Movie Maker, does anyone know of reasons for lag (large clip size, etc.), or a better (preferably free) program?

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline JeniOctavia

• Cabbit
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2008, 11:53:48 am »
I finally had to give up on WMM because it does the same thing to me. The program is completely faulty and they've never fixed it. I went for Video Factory 2.0.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2008, 06:43:11 pm »
Wotcher gotta do is just save, then close the program, let it sit for a while and then open it up again and try again. My Crisis Core AMV would always stick on this one clip whenever I tried to make it go in slo-mo, so I put it in slo-mo, saved, ex-d out of the program and then forgot about it for a while and came back to it several hours later or so and it went through just fine. It'll probably work sooner than that, though.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2008, 06:53:35 pm »
Wotcher gotta do is just save, then close the program, let it sit for a while and then open it up again and try again. My Crisis Core AMV would always stick on this one clip whenever I tried to make it go in slo-mo, so I put it in slo-mo, saved, ex-d out of the program and then forgot about it for a while and came back to it several hours later or so and it went through just fine. It'll probably work sooner than that, though.

Hmm, thanks for the advice. I have noticed it seems to work mildly better when I close it, but it is still quite the hassle.

Anyway, I finished my Dirge of Cerberus AMV this morning! I just have to go back in and fix a slight synching problem, and I will post it here for y'all to check out (if you feel so inclined).

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2008, 10:05:05 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion, I think i am going to start on another amv and come back to that one in a week or so

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2008, 03:46:38 am »
i just got the video factory program and shall commence amv making soon ^.^ starting with dirge of cerberus. i swear i'm not copying eve-boyfriend.... lol

let's all meet at icicle inn!