Author Topic: ~ Bleach Cosplay (Please read) ~  (Read 45316 times)

Offline KwicLudetzky

• Oni
Re: ~ Bleach Cosplay (Please read) ~
« Reply #150 on: August 19, 2008, 07:30:48 pm »
I have no problem with any time or multiple times. All I cosplay is bleach after all. >.<

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #151 on: August 19, 2008, 07:34:24 pm »
Yeah.  I changed my schedule around so we'll just keep it at noon.  We'll meet up in the park unless it's too hot, then we'll migrate somewhere a bit cooler.  Bleach will be a hot one...lots of black XD

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #152 on: August 19, 2008, 07:50:06 pm »
Yeah.  I changed my schedule around so we'll just keep it at noon.  We'll meet up in the park unless it's too hot, then we'll migrate somewhere a bit cooler.  Bleach will be a hot one...lots of black XD

I also have a cloack made of thick fur and a six ft snake to carry around. THAT should be fun..

I'll probably just bring Zabimaru for a little bit then change is my other Renji costume.
It's the one that he has after he busts out of prison and runs into Byakuya.

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #153 on: August 19, 2008, 08:35:17 pm »
Yeah.  I noticed a few people have two or more versions of their character or have other belach characters so maybe half way through the shoot we'll take five so people can change.  I know I will so I can switch Rukia outfits.

Offline myalchod

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #154 on: August 19, 2008, 09:25:14 pm »
I will probably be doing a puddle impression, between the hair and all the fabric.  I will also have no torso mobility to speak of, I'm sure.  Oh, Captain Mom ....

Got my sword in the post today, so assuming it gets up to Seattle with no problems, I'll have that.  Hurrah!

(Now, to get that wig restyling done ...)

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #155 on: August 19, 2008, 09:27:29 pm »
Yeah about swords.  Anyone know the policy?  I didn't find one in reguards to photo shoots.  Since we're in a public place and all I figured it was okay to use anything, including real ones so long as we're not actually using them to fight or something.  I know my Sode no Shiroyuki is a real blade.  I have a fake one, but it's lame so I'd rather not use that.

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #156 on: August 19, 2008, 10:09:12 pm »
Yeah about swords.  Anyone know the policy?  I didn't find one in reguards to photo shoots.  Since we're in a public place and all I figured it was okay to use anything, including real ones so long as we're not actually using them to fight or something.  I know my Sode no Shiroyuki is a real blade.  I have a fake one, but it's lame so I'd rather not use that.

I looked through the ORS the only statutes I can find are on firearms.

So bladed weapons probably just follow Federal law. You cannot conceal them or use them to threaten/intimidate anyone.
I'll keep looking though.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 10:09:29 pm by ThiefKingsHier »

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #157 on: August 19, 2008, 10:14:47 pm »
Yeah.  I know here, we can have them and all but no killing and all that good stuff you know.  So I think it would be okay to have them for pictures.  If someone asks us about them, we'll jsut say we're using them for photos and thats it.  That's what I did for my senior pictures.  I did some sword poses in the park and explained what I was doing to a ranger and he said it was fine.

Offline myalchod

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #158 on: August 19, 2008, 10:39:53 pm »
I got no worries there.  Poor Minazuki is a bokken with paperclay and a hardwood tsuba.  T_T

Generally, con rules stipulate "no live steel", which I believe is usually defined as no blades with an actual edge (Kcon site says "sharp enough to cut").  I've seen it get hazy on the subject of practise-blunted blades (my Ren Faire guild's "live steel" is blunted, so the term always throws me), and some cons specify no metal weapons whatsoever, but if they allow them, it's usually with the stipulations of no edge and peace-bonded into sheath.  General weapon rules are usually on the lines of "no brandishing", etc., though consensus often seems to be that if what you're doing is obviously posing, it's not brandishing.

I don't know what state laws are in Oregon, nor any city ordinances in Portland, however.

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #159 on: August 19, 2008, 10:48:47 pm »
Yeah.  CHances are I'll bring it to the shoot then just put it back in our car or the hotel room.  It's not very sharp, it's blunt steel so we'll see.

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #160 on: August 19, 2008, 11:38:37 pm »
I got no worries there.  Poor Minazuki is a bokken with paperclay and a hardwood tsuba.  T_T

Generally, con rules stipulate "no live steel", which I believe is usually defined as no blades with an actual edge (Kcon site says "sharp enough to cut").  I've seen it get hazy on the subject of practise-blunted blades (my Ren Faire guild's "live steel" is blunted, so the term always throws me), and some cons specify no metal weapons whatsoever, but if they allow them, it's usually with the stipulations of no edge and peace-bonded into sheath.  General weapon rules are usually on the lines of "no brandishing", etc., though consensus often seems to be that if what you're doing is obviously posing, it's not brandishing.

I don't know what state laws are in Oregon, nor any city ordinances in Portland, however.

Ohhoho they tried to pull the whole 'con policy crap' at Sakuracon last year.

I reminded them that the park outside is public property thus the 'con policy' has NO jurisdiction what so ever ( bastads were speechless, Literally)

The same must apply in Portland too.

Offline mike_was_here

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #161 on: August 20, 2008, 01:20:03 am »
I need some opinions on my Grimmy Pantera costume. Got a few pics of my cosplay in progress. Sorry I couldnt get anyone to take pics of me in it. I also was wondering if anyone knows a way to make my knee and elbow blades actually be firm and stick out to the side. Tried sewing them in also thought about using a large diameter of sodering wire to wire through it and around my arm hoping the tightness would hold. Not sure if there is enough room in the costume to throw foam. unh I can already see signs of wear from the few times I fit into it and walked around. It fits tights unfortunatly that also the vynl isnt very forgiving and likes to start tearing in the back around my butt and lower back where the zipper is installed. guess if I don't get pictures of my backside it will be fine.

http://a904.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/44/l_e9185bb2942b78d8ef7cf72535b4f387.jpg
http://a544.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/69/l_755d102f3006e7209d86758c28aebda7.jpg
http://a137.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/97/l_cbf80fd765386c72c89ab9249e048898.jpg
http://a531.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/83/l_e7f7d861181e140ca257417cca4088fa.jpg
this one is a earlier photo but it has a pic of the wig and fangs i got
http://a295.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/114/l_8d981d6937888d72eae4aff2bfd3711e.jpg

dude! this is friggin amazing!! XD i'll be goin as regular Grimmjow. i totally wanna picture with you!
Kumo 2017 line-up:

Kakashi - Naruto
Warlock - Destiny
Android 17 - DBZ
Others TBD

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #162 on: August 20, 2008, 05:42:06 am »

Ohhoho they tried to pull the whole 'con policy crap' at Sakuracon last year.

I reminded them that the park outside is public property thus the 'con policy' has NO jurisdiction what so ever ( bastads were speechless, Literally)

The same must apply in Portland too.

My point exactly.  Public property so they would have no control over us. 

Offline myalchod

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #163 on: August 20, 2008, 08:47:03 am »

No, but that's where the city/state laws come in.

OTOH, I expect it comes down to "don't be an idiot and you should be okay".  As I don't think any of us will have guns or be concealing weapons, we should be fine.  :3

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #164 on: August 20, 2008, 10:42:06 am »

No, but that's where the city/state laws come in.

Yea, it does that's why I went  looking through Oregon statutes. Finding only fire arms that would mean only Fed law applies

Offline KwicLudetzky

• Oni
« Reply #165 on: August 24, 2008, 06:29:23 pm »
dude that is awesome o.o all the tats ^_^

btw what are the tats? as in marker or what have you?

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.
http://a888.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/29/l_5b339504c32497054c1b9f273c20d767.jpg
Its a paper I use called water slide. So far its the best thing I've found though after this con I might switch over and try to use an air brush since I already have all the stencils cut out for the tatts. Hopefully it will be cheaper to since the paper is about $20 for 5 sheets or $30 for 10 and I use 5 sheets to make one set of all his tattoos. Hope you like what you see.

Oh and here are some preview pics of what my Pantera costume looks like on me since last Friday. Had to take it over to my friends house so I didn't bring the wig or head piece with me. Also have to sew on the knee blade thingies yet which shouldnt be to bad. (i know my poses look bad and need to work on em. >.<

http://a667.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/68/l_23a90f4a21abbaabec7d74ff553c867a.jpg

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #166 on: August 24, 2008, 09:23:03 pm »
uh oh DX
My Orihime is a MAYBE at the moment. I can't find the right skirt etc.etc.
: [

Offline lilithfire

• Cabbit
« Reply #167 on: August 29, 2008, 10:31:26 am »
My Yoruichi Wig made it a day before con!  ;D

Offline Kurosaki.Isshin

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #168 on: August 29, 2008, 07:31:13 pm »
I got a wig, so i may not do isshin, instead i may do non-captain Gin, well.. I have about 12 hours to decide :D
Cosplays for K-con

Saturday - Kurosaki Isshin - Bleach
Sunday - Dr. Franken Stein - Soul Eater
Monday - Dr. Franken Stein - Soul Eater *Knight in Team Red*

Offline lilithfire

• Cabbit
« Reply #169 on: September 02, 2008, 11:19:35 am »
Anybody got pictures from the Bleach photoshoot?

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #170 on: September 02, 2008, 07:43:07 pm »
Anybody got pictures from the Bleach photoshoot?

I Am looking for them too, there was a professional photographer taking pics of us, i got his card and sent him an email. he uploaded 200 photos already but none from the bleach photoshoot.
=^_^=

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #171 on: September 02, 2008, 07:48:32 pm »
I wish I could have gone to the photoshoot I helped organized.  Damn five hours wait in line...

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #172 on: September 03, 2008, 12:19:14 am »
I wish I could have gone to the photoshoot I helped organized.  Damn five hours wait in line...

I figured that was the reason for the most pathetic excuse for a photo shoot I have EVER attended.

Seriously, there were like..ten of us and we stuck around for a good..20 minutes max.

I'm damned glad that I pre-regged, and have the last the last name that I do ( for once) the line for A-M was around the building, and for M-Z the line was..my friend and I.

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #173 on: September 03, 2008, 04:33:44 am »

I figured that was the reason for the most pathetic excuse for a photo shoot I have EVER attended.

Seriously, there were like..ten of us and we stuck around for a good..20 minutes max.

I'm damned glad that I pre-regged, and have the last the last name that I do ( for once) the line for A-M was around the building, and for M-Z the line was..my friend and I.

Lucky.  At AOD we didn't pre reg the year before last and we got in in an hour tops and that was in san. fran. so I figured the line for k-con wouldn't be that bad.  At least I know for next year.

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #174 on: September 03, 2008, 03:06:02 pm »

Lucky.  At AOD we didn't pre reg the year before last and we got in in an hour tops and that was in san. fran. so I figured the line for k-con wouldn't be that bad.  At least I know for next year.

Really, there is no excuse for that, regardless of the number of people in line.
Sakura con is larger than KC and I don't think anyone has ever waited in line that long.

Someone screwed up.

Offline KwicLudetzky

• Oni
« Reply #175 on: September 03, 2008, 06:29:57 pm »
Dang cant believe I missed the photo shoot. >.< Got asked the previous night to help with the opening ceremonies by being the judge on account of our friend Chance wasn't able to make it. Sorry I missed out. Hope my Grimmjow Pantera cosplay was good enough for those who saw it. I know there was another Grimmy Pantera form running around though. I was the one with the claws on my fingers. Dunno how many people saw it. I changed out of costume and only wore it for about 6 or 7 hours since most people didn't know who I was.

oslapedo

« Reply #176 on: September 07, 2008, 01:48:21 pm »
Hi everyone, I think I shall be jumping into the Bleach cosplay fray as Chizuru, and my little sister wants to be Yachiru. We can make next year's photoshoot the best ever! >: D

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #177 on: September 07, 2008, 05:52:57 pm »
Dang cant believe I missed the photo shoot. >.< Got asked the previous night to help with the opening ceremonies by being the judge on account of our friend Chance wasn't able to make it. Sorry I missed out. Hope my Grimmjow Pantera cosplay was good enough for those who saw it. I know there was another Grimmy Pantera form running around though. I was the one with the claws on my fingers. Dunno how many people saw it. I changed out of costume and only wore it for about 6 or 7 hours since most people didn't know who I was.

You didn't miss anything. Not a damned thing.

If Kon doesn't mind, I think I'll take over for next year. I've got some ideas I picked up from too many years of Bleach cosplaying.

oslapedo

« Reply #178 on: September 29, 2008, 12:46:41 am »
Hiya everyone again. I'm now officially doing Bleach cosplay, and I've got a group going. My friends and I will be going as characters from Karakura High and currently we have a Chizuru (me), Orihime (Miria_Rose), Tatsuki (Vampire_Kameko), and a Rukia. Depending on whether she can go or not we'll also have a Michiru.

I really want a Keigo and a Mizuiro to join our group too if none of our friends are willing to do them. Our Bleach cosplay shall be glorious : D

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #179 on: September 29, 2008, 01:46:20 am »
anyone mention they're doing yamada hanatarou?  I still have that cosplay....though it really needs to be cleaned....badly.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

oslapedo

« Reply #180 on: September 29, 2008, 01:49:39 am »
It's hard to tell, this thread is pretty massive. Maybe should we start a new thread for Bleach '09 cosplay?

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #181 on: September 29, 2008, 01:57:06 am »
*does a search* nope, looks like I'm the only one that mentioned it.  maybe I'll look into fixing it.  pleats are nearly gone and its covered in cat fur.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

oslapedo

« Reply #182 on: September 29, 2008, 02:51:56 am »
You should, Hanatarou is awesome :3 I feel your pain, I need to re-pleat my TMoHS skirt and I have no idea how to do that XD

Offline myalchod

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #183 on: September 29, 2008, 08:20:31 am »
My baby sister keeps promising to do Hanatarou to my Unohana, but she hasn't had the time to dig it out yet -- too many other distractions. :3
That said: Hanatarou!  Yay!

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #184 on: September 29, 2008, 08:29:38 am »
My baby sister keeps promising to do Hanatarou to my Unohana, but she hasn't had the time to dig it out yet -- too many other distractions. :3
That said: Hanatarou!  Yay!

Apparently I have to do Mini-Byakun more.

Especially since I've been hanging out with Tige's Friday group.

It's only been three weeks and already I have my own place as the 'little ball of rage'-only this Friday did I realize (after being told) that  I am they youngest and shortest..and ...ragey-est.

Also, I wouldn't want to dissapoint Shihoen Taicho again.  >P

oslapedo

« Reply #185 on: September 29, 2008, 03:36:13 pm »
Should we start a list of who is going to cosplay as what? And maybe should we make a new thread for Bleach '09 so it's not cluttered, or anything?

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #186 on: September 29, 2008, 04:58:04 pm »
I'm doing an Orihime cosplay. .

Which Osla mentioned above. ^^
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #187 on: September 30, 2008, 08:18:58 am »
i know kendo boyfriend will be back as urahara, i dont think he eer gedts tired of peeps telling him that he is the bestg urahara they ever seen :D

i might nee to make a new ururu skirt my old one is too small and no on wants to see THAT
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #188 on: September 30, 2008, 03:36:45 pm »
Oh, btw, I got a Keigo for us.

Osla, take one guess. It's all you need. xD
"Would you kindly. ."

oslapedo

« Reply #189 on: September 30, 2008, 03:51:12 pm »
Oh gosh. Now Zack has decided to do Bleach cosplay with us? Since when? XD

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #190 on: September 30, 2008, 03:52:04 pm »
xD I'm glad you got it so soon.

And since today. He wanted to be Renji, but I talked him out of it.
"Would you kindly. ."

oslapedo

« Reply #191 on: September 30, 2008, 03:57:41 pm »
Whilst at the library? Good, Zack embodies Keigo, to see him be one of the many Renji would be a waste :D

I have the first Bleach boxset, we should re-watch it together ~<3

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #192 on: September 30, 2008, 04:00:08 pm »
xD We're still there, 'cause I had to go to the stationary store and we all ended up at the comic book store.

And that's basically what I told him, but in less eloquent language. xD

Yes, we should. x3 And make Kat watch it. xD
"Would you kindly. ."

oslapedo

« Reply #193 on: September 30, 2008, 04:02:34 pm »
Oh you're all together still? (HI ZACK! >: D)

The first arc of Bleach is where most of our characters are very prominent, so it'll be good to study it together XD

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #194 on: September 30, 2008, 04:04:23 pm »
He nodded and said hi back. xD

xD It would.
"Would you kindly. ."

oslapedo

« Reply #195 on: September 30, 2008, 04:08:03 pm »
I'll try and get my cosplay soon because I'm super excited to do Bleach. I've always secretly wanted too x3

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #196 on: September 30, 2008, 04:13:48 pm »
xD Same.

Hmmm. I'm still probably buying it last, 'cause I want Yuna for SakCon, and I want TGoHS for SakCon and for mall-cosplay, but I still really wish I didn't have to wait to buy all of this and that I could buy it all at once. xD
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline I Future Trunks I

• Cabbit
« Reply #197 on: October 01, 2008, 07:25:46 am »
Yo! Hopefully... I can get the cosplay I want. Keigo Asano from Bleach.
MY COSPLAYS FOR KCON '09!
 MAH COSPLAYS FOR KCON '09
Toshiro Hitsugaya FROM BLEACH
Teen Sora from KINGDOM HEARTS
Mirai no Trunks from Doragon Ball Zetto
AND..of course... Lan Hikari from Megaman NT warrior!

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #198 on: October 01, 2008, 03:18:47 pm »
xD Yup, Future Trunks is our Keigo. .
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline I Future Trunks I

• Cabbit
« Reply #199 on: October 01, 2008, 03:34:52 pm »
0_0 Of course i might do muliple cosplays as well. So, I might be going as Aono Tsukune from Rosario + Vampire, hopefully I can also cosplay as Sora from Kingdom Hearts.
MY COSPLAYS FOR KCON '09!
 MAH COSPLAYS FOR KCON '09
Toshiro Hitsugaya FROM BLEACH
Teen Sora from KINGDOM HEARTS
Mirai no Trunks from Doragon Ball Zetto
AND..of course... Lan Hikari from Megaman NT warrior!