Author Topic: Cloverfield Friday Jan 18th  (Read 5920 times)

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
Cloverfield Friday Jan 18th
« on: January 16, 2008, 06:48:14 pm »
Who wants to see this movie with me on friday? =D  I am thinking like a 7:30ish showing depending on where and when, otherwise I am going to a girly movie by myself so let me know ^^

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
Re: Cloverfield Friday Jan 18th
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 10:29:07 pm »
I have to work :(
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 11:19:20 pm »
I'll be out of town friday night, but I plan on seeing it Thursday night midnight showing. If you end up going, I hope you enjoy it!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 08:53:02 am »
are you sure leashy that movie looks like it might be a little scary..
anywho, chris and i are seeing sweany todd tonight, otherwise we might but due to unforseen circumstances tonights movie is far exeeding our fun stuff buget (wow we are so poor soopid banking mistakes)
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 04:46:37 pm »
You always have to work  :(

are you sure leashy that movie looks like it might be a little scary..

That is why I want other to be around so I can cling if needed.. Maybe vallie will go if she is not dead.. although a girly movie is starting to sound fun

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 10:21:54 pm »
Ugh I hope for your sake you didn't go see cloverfield. I woulda rather gone and saw a chick flick with you. Also a lot of people at the showing i went to and in reviews said they got sick from the camera motions... It's probably the first movie I would think about trying to get my money back on.
++Wooper++Wooper++Wooper++

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 12:19:12 am »
I saw it and absolutely loved it. It was pretty much the monster/total annihalation movie I have been waiting for. A word of warning to you though, Leashy: I woul not suggest you see this movie. SuperJaz told me you don't do well with scary films, and Cloverfield definitely is made to terrify, for sure. The first-person view the whole movie through makes everything that goes on about ten times worse, scare-wise. I loved it though, I gave it major thumbs up and major props for making a movie that is new, a monster that is (for the most part) new and original and for making it all so believable. I had no beefs at all with it.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 12:47:11 am »
Well after really thinking about it there are parts I liked and parts that really struck my core movie beliefs. I don't like horrible visability and I like to know about stuff not have random stuff happening all the time and it doesn't affect the movie as a whole. It's weird i'm usualy not a movie critic and always see the good parts about movies...

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 03:12:53 am »
I saw the midnight premire. [sniff] I thought I could handle it. I almost became ill ten times because of motion sickeness and some of the gruesome parts DXXXX
 I was bawling my eyes out and screaming in the theaters DX I accidently hit my boyfriend A LOT because I was hiding my face into his shoulder and chest DX I am scared of the dark now more than ever :[[[
And what is worse is that my sister goes back to New York TODAY.
DX

[dies]

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 03:22:32 pm »
thats why i didnt want to go see it was the motion sickness
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 06:51:52 pm »
Yes, I tend to work the traditional nights that people want to go out and have fun, and then my days off everyone with a normal job is working...

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2008, 10:01:43 am »
I saw 27 Dresses and had a very good time =D  Hey guys I need some suggestions for stuff for my best friend and myself to do, she is here all week and I need to show her arround, any ideas?

Offline valliegirl

• Catgirl
    • http://valliegirl.elite-otaku.net
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2008, 08:45:24 am »
Yes, I tend to work the traditional nights that people want to go out and have fun, and then my days off everyone with a normal job is working...

Heh, sounds like me.  Working Fri-Mon 10 hours shifts with Tues, Wed, and Thursdays off.  *L* 
Take a chance 'cause you might grow
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://valliegirl.livejournal.com & http://www.myspace.com/valliegirl1013

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 09:00:24 am »
I'm going to see this movie tonight, I'm going to ask my friends if we can go out for dinner AFTER the movie. Just in case you know?  ;)

I get annoyed by shaky cams but not sick, I guess I'm lucky that way. I can play all the first person shooters, read in the car, sit in the back of the bus, everything.

Though I did get seasick whale watching once when I was a kid. I'd like to blame the kelp smell though, rather than the waves.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2008, 11:33:26 am »
I saw 27 Dresses and had a very good time =D  Hey guys I need some suggestions for stuff for my best friend and myself to do, she is here all week and I need to show her arround, any ideas?

Hmm, you could troll the City of Books (downtown Powell's), you could go to Wunderland, you could go to the Zoo, you could go to the Japanese Gardens, or you could even help in a soup kitchen (random last idea). ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2008, 03:01:38 pm »
So I'm just wondering to the people who saw Cloverfield, how was it? I read Eve's review and I would like more feedback. I'm really curious to see it but I also want to know if it's worth it.

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2008, 09:36:14 am »

WAHH I loved that movie! I was glad I saw that after Cloverfield the next day X3 I washed away some of my fears.

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2008, 07:43:16 pm »
So I'm just wondering to the people who saw Cloverfield, how was it? I read Eve's review and I would like more feedback. I'm really curious to see it but I also want to know if it's worth it.

The good: Great special effects, you feel like part of the action, a lot of unknown curiosity factors, cinda romantic situation girls might dig that.
The bad: A lot of camera shaking, nothing that offers you a deep story plot.
The ugly: Really doesn't go anywhere in the whole, in my theater no one said/did anything at the end (Usualy someone claps at the end, if it was a good flick). Went into the movie going whats the monster, and came out with 15 more questions erked me

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2008, 11:40:47 pm »
I liked the movie a lot, however the focus is all on the monster because that's what will get people in the theater. The movie is actually a story about a man trying to get back the woman he loves.

One of the (ignored) taglines for the movie is "Who would you go back for?" and that really is the theme.

The shaky cam will beat you up if you are at all sensitive to that stuff.

The monster is not explained, just know that going in and it probably won't bother you as much.. You're not going to get a nice big exposition at the end. If you're that interested then you'll probably have to wait for the dvd.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2008, 11:36:34 am »
There's actually a internet-wide puzzle about the origins of the monster. There are certain websites that appear to be one thing but are actually a front, and are in reality tied to Cloverfield. (The japanese Slusho soda company website being the primary one). It's actually quite fascinating, for those who really want to know the origins of the monster, there are various puzzle pieces one could put together. Even then, nothing is spelled out for you, but there are places that give one more ground to assume certain things. The viral origins of this film will never die, I reckon. Everything is encrypted, and a nice touch I'd say.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2008, 12:55:39 pm »
I saw cloverfield last night it was a good movie though the ending was a bit abrupt..

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2008, 11:32:13 am »
I'm seeing it today at 2:30. I saw the trailer before Transformers, and was like "whaaaaat?" and wanted to know what it was called. I hope it's good to me, since I don't really get motion sickness.