Author Topic: Help for Stage Request!  (Read 2316 times)

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
Help for Stage Request!
« on: December 14, 2007, 09:10:51 pm »
So I was hoping if I can get enough people to do both The Hare Hare Yukai Dance and The Motteke! Sailor Fuku dance we would get a stage, But I'm not sure if it would count as a Contest or like something just Anything. I was also looking at the "Place" request, and is there something already like this or do I have to get like this entire thing together.

Should I also make one huge contest if there isn't one? Because I mean if it's just for the dance it would get rejected probably right away, So why not a huge dance? Where people can get together and do there own dances?

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
Re: Help for Stage Request!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 03:12:40 pm »
If you would like to run an event (and this would be a perfect example) you can fill out a panel request form (http://www.kumoricon.org/files/forms/2008/event_panel_form_2008.pdf) and e-mail it to programming@kumoricon.org.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 09:55:33 am by Jamiche »
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 09:49:50 am »
Thank You!

But I'm still wondering what I should do. Should I just get a Theater with a stage and have a Contest or like just Dancing? I'm really not sure...

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 10:04:16 am »
Well, that depends... are you going to teach people the dances, and have a big group dance?  Then that would be like the dance party panel that ran last year (and was packed :D).  If you are looking for people that already know the dances, and want to see who is the best, then you would have the contest... but then you would also have to find judges, make rules, and decide what kind of prizes you'd like. 

Or you could do a bit of both - teach the dances, and at the end have a few people volunteer (or pick a few) to have a sort of dance-off (winner by audience applause?) and hand out simple prizes (ribbons and such).

Whichever you decide to do, you most likely are going to want a theater w/stage setup... the only thing that is dependent on what type of event is whether or not you have chairs.

If you are still have trouble deciding, you can PM or e-mail me and I will try to help you figure it out.  Or, if you can, come to a general meeting and we can discuss it there :)

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 09:26:28 pm »
Actually I would like to  discuss you with the topic, My friend is helping me with this so we can all talk together. Maybe on Aim. We could have a group discussion. Just tell me when a time is good for you. 

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2007, 11:59:11 pm »
Nights are best.  PM me if you want to set you want to set up a specific time, otherwise look for me on AIM this week and we can chat.  Another alternative is our next general meeting (Jan 12th)... it should be in Portland :)