Author Topic: DDR Freestyle  (Read 5504 times)

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
DDR Freestyle
« on: December 26, 2007, 09:32:24 pm »
If we do the game room video, I want some DDR freestyle for it, so all you freestylers, get your routines together; I want this to be cool.

If there's a push for it, I'll discuss with Hellsap and my wallet about a freestyle competition.

Also, all you Guitar Heroes, work on playing with your teeth and doing stage dives. ;P
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline gemineye42

• Sailor Scout
Re: DDR Freestyle
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 08:21:42 am »
Hellsap is no longer Kumoricon staff. Gaming room management is still being discussed. Thanks!
I can has cheezburger?

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 02:51:32 pm »
Hellsap is no longer Kumoricon staff. Gaming room management is still being discussed. Thanks!
Ah.  I suppose he did mention that a few weeks ago; I must have been too tired to trust my memory of it at the time. :P

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 10:22:03 am »
Get working on our Colors freestyle then Tofu d: Lawl.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 06:38:48 pm »
Get working on our Colors freestyle then Tofu d: Lawl.
Did I send you the steps yet?

Offline gothicadam

• Sailor Scout
    • www.myspace.com/velvetdreams11
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 07:43:40 am »
mmmmm Yes We need to have a ddr freestyle compention

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 09:15:55 am »
wouldnt fee style ddr just be plain dancing ???
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline gothicadam

• Sailor Scout
    • www.myspace.com/velvetdreams11
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 03:56:17 pm »
well yes and noXD

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2008, 11:00:38 pm »
wouldnt fee style ddr just be plain dancing ???
No.  DDR "Freestyle" (it's actually choreographed, in the sense that we're discussing, so this is a misnomer) is similar to plain dancing, but it's far more technical.  It requires that your routine exists withing a specific area, and also requires that you hit enough steps to keep your life bar up.

Here are the rules I have in mind:

TOTAL SCORE
(dance x DP x grade)/time in seconds (will probably be a 4-digit figure)

DANCE
to be determined by a judge or panel of judges based on the following criteria:
-Entertainment value (xx/50)
[How well the dance entertains the judge]
-Musical accuracy (xx/10)
[How well the dance routine follows the music]
-Transition (xx/10)
[How well one motion flows into the next]
-Outfit/Props (xx/30)
[How well the outfit and props fit the song, routine, and lighting]

DP
raw DP score divided by number of people on the dance floor.  Will be displayed on the results screen.

Grade
E = 1
D = 2
C = 5
B = 10
A = 20
AA = 30
AAA = 50
AAAA = 75

So, if someone just goes up and gets an A on PSMO, here's what their grade would look like:
{([05/50]+[10/10]+[03/10]+[00/30]) x (1140) x (20)}/95 = 4320
If someone went up and got an A on a great freestyle with 200 steps in it, however:
{([50/50]+[10/10]+[10/10]+[30/30]) x (370) x (20)}/90 = 8222

Off-Pad Performance
Time spent off the dance platform during a dance routine exceeding five seconds will be recorded, including those five seconds.  Each second spent off the dance platform will count for 3 DP points.  (this is any time spent without anything touching the arrow panels or non-arrow panels of the dance platform.)

CHARTS
All charts must be saved in the format of COUPLES play, regardless of the number of people participating.  The chart should be saved on COUPLES HEAVY.  Charts can be official or unofficial.  Charts are to be made in stepmania ( legal freeware downloadable at stepmania.com ) and saved in .sm and .dwi format.  The complete song (.mp3 or .ogg) and chart should be saved in a single .zip or .rar archive.  The title is to be listed as the name of the song, and the subtitle should contain a tasteful reference to the performer(s).  The song folder title will be the desired competition name(s) (badge name, real name, or nickname) of the performer(s).

REVIEWING OF CHARTS
Charts will not be reviewed prior to the event by anyone except by explicit consent of the performer. 

PERFORMANCE AREA
The performer(s) is/are allowed and encouraged to occupy a space composed of the 2 dance platforms and a rectangular area extending 10 feet behind the dance platforms, 5 feet in front of the dance platforms, and 7 feet to either side of the dance platforms.  The dance platforms will conform to arcade measurements of 11"x11" per panel, 1" front and side rim, 3" thickness, 5" rear rim, 38" [1.5" thick] steel bar.  If such dance platforms are not available for the tournament, this section will be modified so that the measurements stated will be consistent with those which will be applicable.

REGISTRATION
Because of the choreographic detail involved in this event, it is imperative that performers know about and prepare for this event well before the actual date.  Performers must submit the following to the event organiser [ dancingtofu, reachable at thatlatu@gmail.com ] no later than 12:00 midnight, September 1, 2008:
-Name(s) and/or Kumoricon Badge Name(s)
-.zip or .rar folder containing the song file and chart to be used.
-preferred time and day of tournament (if applicable)
-Timeframe needed for full performance

TOURNAMENT CONDUCT
Anyone registering may withdraw from the tournament at any time at least 1 hour prior to the beginning of the tournament.  Those registering who fail to either withdraw or participate will be cited for questionable conduct to the ops director.  THIS IS VERY SERIOUS.  DO NOT SIGN UP FOR ANY TOURNAMENT UNLESS YOU CAN COMMIT YOURSELF TO BE THERE 15 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE SCHEDULED TOURNAMENT START TIME UNTIL THE END OF THE TOURNAMENT

If you must leave before the tournament is over and have not yet completed your turn, NOTIFY THE PERSON RUNNING THE TOURNAMENT THAT YOU WISH TO FORFEIT. 

ALWAYS NOTIFY THE PERSON RUNNING ANY TOURNAMENT THAT YOU ARE ACTIVELY PARTICIPATING IN IF YOU MUST LEAVE THE DIRECT VICINITY OF THE TOURNAMENT, EVEN IF YOU WILL BE BACK SHORTLY.

Do not cheat.

Listen to DancingTofu and any other Staff members present.

Do not swear excessively or do anything else, especially not while I'm filming.

DO NOT CHEAT.

Be nice to fellow performers.

Have fun!

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 08:52:33 am »
My friend had a party and set up some DDR pads in the other room, a couple of little kids played it and were all overing the place it was cute, they were not even standing on the arrows but were having a blast.
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.