Author Topic: Kingdom Hearts 0'8  (Read 103471 times)

Offline Bundyangel

• Sailor Scout
    • Bundyangel15's Deviantart
Re: Kingdom Hearts 0'8
« Reply #450 on: June 07, 2008, 05:07:12 pm »
I've decided that naminé is too... inconspicuousy i suppose, and so being the attention whore i am, i'm considering going OC!YEAH and make naminé into Halloween Town!Naminé after being inspired by a halloween town!Axel.

Yays or Nays on the idea? I can put up a colored drawing of the picture if anyone would like ^_^
Cosplay of Kcon '07:
Naminé - KHII
Cosplay for Kcon '08:
Cosplay for Kcon '09

Didn't Happen

Cosplay for Kcon '10
Sakura Kinomoto - 10%
Pokemon Gijinka - 0%

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #451 on: June 07, 2008, 05:24:31 pm »
That sounds like fun! I once drew a Halloweentown version of Kadaj, and I was dead-set on making it, but abandoned it when I realized that a burlap cloak would itch like all hell. Especially with all that straw in random places...

Offline Bundyangel

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #452 on: June 07, 2008, 05:42:02 pm »
oh wow o.0;; Sounds like a cool plan in theory though. You know, if you didnt care for straw in random places and burlap didnt bother you. XDD

My biggest worry would be passing out from the corset i gave her XDD

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/Bundyangel/halloweentownnaminecopy.jpg

I got the picture loaded up, and resized abit. (it was 2000 by 2000 pixels)
Cosplay of Kcon '07:
Naminé - KHII
Cosplay for Kcon '08:
Cosplay for Kcon '09

Didn't Happen

Cosplay for Kcon '10
Sakura Kinomoto - 10%
Pokemon Gijinka - 0%

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #453 on: June 07, 2008, 05:47:03 pm »
I'm working slowly but surely... and by working I mean buying the things I need bit by bit as I get the money. XP

I think Halloweentown Namine would be awesome! Then again, I always love alternate versions of cosplays. Next year I'm doing a really wacky version of Cloud from a KHII fanfic. XD So I think it would be awesome~! X3
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman

Offline Bundyangel

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #454 on: June 07, 2008, 06:01:44 pm »
well alrighty then >w< I think ill be getting good feedback from the photoshoot then >w<

do fabric stores carry light blue/green lace about 2-3 inches wide?
Cosplay of Kcon '07:
Naminé - KHII
Cosplay for Kcon '08:
Cosplay for Kcon '09

Didn't Happen

Cosplay for Kcon '10
Sakura Kinomoto - 10%
Pokemon Gijinka - 0%

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #455 on: June 07, 2008, 06:15:22 pm »
Probably, depending on the store. I'd check Joann's Fabrics. That's where my group gets most of it's fabric. Or Walmart, but Joanns is prolly better XD
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #456 on: June 07, 2008, 09:45:38 pm »
If they didn't all you would need to do would be mix together blue and green RIT dye and dye the lace by hand in your sink and then hang it out to dry. Real fun stuff, RIT dye is.

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #457 on: June 08, 2008, 10:40:19 pm »
I'm sure they'll have it. They have a lot in the one that I go to... well, foe such a small store. I found just about everything I need to make mine and my sister's cosplay.

Offline Caelendil

• Cabbit
    • My deviantart
« Reply #458 on: June 09, 2008, 02:43:35 am »
So much cosplay..  So little time.  I managed to fix my poor Axel wig..  it seemed to have suffered much smooshings from Saboten-Con here in Arizona.  Mix Got-2-B-Glued freezing spray and some long long straight pins...  I now have a spiky wig again!  Somehow I always seem to get the spikes skinny though. I must be doin somethin different than others. XD For a noobie wig styler, I don't think I'm doin half bad though. XD  Figuring out what to do with my chakrams is giving me pause though.  Currently I have foam ones, but they are so badly beaten up. But yet I'm debating on whether I have time to carve ones out of wood.  Somehow I'm dreading the carving. Lol. I do still have all of July and August to work on them, and well as what's left of June. So..  without any further interruptions (I wish..)  Back to work!
2010: Kakuzu

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #459 on: June 09, 2008, 04:41:03 pm »
Have fun working on that! I'm gonna start helping my friend with the Key blade, as soon as he starts. I just have to be careful with it. It's gonna be beautiful!  : D

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #460 on: June 09, 2008, 06:12:16 pm »
That sounds like great fun! I still have to finish my sitar. It's two insulation boards thick up at the cross part, so I can make actual points!

I wonder where I'll put the peacebond? It won't stay on my tuning pegs...

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #461 on: June 09, 2008, 06:27:48 pm »
You cuold make a little extra loop somewhere just specially for peace bonds! XD Um... otherwise I dunno. lol

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #462 on: June 09, 2008, 06:36:22 pm »
*Hiss* Nevar! I'll ask about tying a big red ribbon or something on it, and someone in charge of peacebonding can sign it so it can be recognized as a large prop with nowhere else to put a peacebond.

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #463 on: June 09, 2008, 07:22:36 pm »
lol, that makes sense. And it'll be pretty. Ribbons are pretty. ^_^

Offline Prince Nori

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #464 on: June 09, 2008, 07:28:24 pm »
I could totally go as marluxia!...if I had the wig

._.

any suggestions on where I should order from?

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #465 on: June 09, 2008, 10:42:02 pm »
amphigory.com

they have pretty good selection, it might require styleing but yeah...

Offline sekitan bun

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #466 on: June 09, 2008, 11:27:26 pm »
So much cosplay..  So little time.  I managed to fix my poor Axel wig..  it seemed to have suffered much smooshings from Saboten-Con here in Arizona.  Mix Got-2-B-Glued freezing spray and some long long straight pins...  I now have a spiky wig again!  Somehow I always seem to get the spikes skinny though. I must be doin somethin different than others. XD For a noobie wig styler, I don't think I'm doin half bad though. XD  Figuring out what to do with my chakrams is giving me pause though.  Currently I have foam ones, but they are so badly beaten up. But yet I'm debating on whether I have time to carve ones out of wood.  Somehow I'm dreading the carving. Lol. I do still have all of July and August to work on them, and well as what's left of June. So..  without any further interruptions (I wish..)  Back to work!
This is actually the second wig I've ever styled and it's prety schweet.
But as for the spike thing, my wig was pretty thick so it was easy to just do the spike by holding them up. What's funny though is the first time I styled it I used the freeze got2beglued cement AND hairspray, but them I figured out that it's a lot better to just use the spray...psht..what a waste of money for the cement it was like 6 bucks (I'm a penny pincher sometimes XD)
I was also scared to cut out my chakrams too, but it looks pretty cool actually : )
you should do it though! it took me...what...like 3 to 4 hours just to do the outline of it accurately and my dad helped me cut it out with his jigsaw, but you won't be disappointed I'm sure! and my chakrams are so STURDY my sister's boyfriend was like " this is pathetic I can rip this spike off!" he was straining for like...five minutes XD
Cosplays 09:
Sebastian Michaelis-kuroshitsujiKarren-code geass

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #467 on: June 10, 2008, 12:56:51 am »
@ sekitan bun: You even let him try to begin with? Made of anything less than metal I'd be scared shi*less to even touch something like those because they look so fragile. Hell, I'm scared to touch my sitar half the time.

@ Prince Nori: I'm thinking either the Kanekalon Beast wig from Amphigory in Ultra-Perky (if you really wanna have a ball chopping, styling and spiking), or the Punky from Cosworx in Pink (if you wanna spend more time getting it to loose some volume). Either one will take a lot of time... But a really nice Marluxia wig is totally worth it, ne?

Offline Prince Nori

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #468 on: June 10, 2008, 11:33:14 am »
@ Black~Rose and LtCommanderRichie: thanks guys, I'll take a look at those places. =]

Offline sekitan bun

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #469 on: June 10, 2008, 01:19:17 pm »
ltcommanderrichie: well I knew it was already really strong because it's made out of a 5 layered piece of plywood X)

I'm also having trouble with the peeks in my Axel wig now, and I'm thinking og cutting them out, like cutting the part where it holds the hair at the root, does anyone think that's a bad idea?
Cosplays 09:

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #470 on: June 10, 2008, 05:51:08 pm »
Rule number one when dealing with wigs: if it seems like a bad idea, it most likely is one.

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #471 on: June 10, 2008, 06:30:04 pm »
If you are lucky and have extra money, you could always buy a spare, or experiment wig. But otherwise, it would be safest not to do it.

Offline Bundyangel

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #472 on: June 10, 2008, 07:05:55 pm »
@Black~Rose: I love you. that site is amazing! *A* i sat here for like 45 minutes looking at everything XDD

Though i could use some help. from like anyone, from that site what wig would you look for to cut and style into namine's hairstyle? bangs or not, doesnt matter. i was looking at the beehive or tatiana
Cosplay of Kcon '07:
Naminé - KHII
Cosplay for Kcon '08:
Cosplay for Kcon '09

Didn't Happen

Cosplay for Kcon '10
Sakura Kinomoto - 10%
Pokemon Gijinka - 0%

Offline Kagami

• Cabbit
    • Facebook!
« Reply #473 on: June 10, 2008, 07:52:23 pm »
Ah! I will be cosplaying as Kairi from Kingdom Hearts II with the pink zipper dress again this year. =] Possibly Kingdom Hearts I Kairi as well. And School Boy Axel, probably.
KumoriCon '10 <3 (Fifth year in a row! WOO!)

Lenalee's third uniform - D. Gray Man - 100%
Lenalee's first uniform - D. Gray Man - ?%
Prussia - Hetalia - 95%
Wendy - Kuroshitsuji - 5%
Nero - Devil May Cry 4 - 20%

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #474 on: June 10, 2008, 07:56:15 pm »
I'd say the Tatiama was perfect!

Offline Caelendil

• Cabbit
    • My deviantart
« Reply #475 on: June 11, 2008, 10:34:14 am »
Well, for my Axel wig, this is what I did, and it seems to work out well, with only one minor detail. I used a Punky XL in the black and red from Amphigory as the base wig. To make the widow's peak in front, I actually did trim a bit out of the wig cap to form the peak.  Since stuff was loose then, I used superglue to seal the edge so it doesn't fray or unravel.  It seems to work fine, I've had no real issues with it.  Only problem though was the superglue.  The bit that's sticking out from under the wig cap sometimes rubs on my forehead and itches.  So, what I did to remedy that is put a little strip of felt under the edge of the peak and sides and liquid stitched it on.  Worked great, and looks great. Only thing I wish I did do (and I may do this later), is make some wefts and sew them into the back of this wig.  The spikes aren't likin to stay out. The top is ok, plenty of hair there, but it thins out in the back.  Later on I may take another punky, rip it apart and sew the wefts into this wig.  But, no money for that at the moment.

Btw, adding to the above cutting the wig comment..  I did attempt it first on another punky I had, to make sure it'd work out ok.  It did. XD  Just gotta make sure to seal the edge with some type of glue, or you will unravel.

*Edit*  Oh hey Richie!  What i've seen done for peacebonding Sitars...  They usually wrap the peacebond material (either plastic or zipties) around the neck of the sitar, close to where the base is at.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 10:36:18 am by Caelendil »

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #476 on: June 11, 2008, 11:26:03 am »
Yeah, I got that all cleared up. Thanks, though!

Offline sekitan bun

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #477 on: June 13, 2008, 01:37:42 am »
Thanks for the advise!
That's kinda funny, I got the punky wig from amphigory too.
But I tried cutting it and it looks alright, but I probably should glue it.
Cosplays 09:

Offline Caelendil

• Cabbit
    • My deviantart
« Reply #478 on: June 14, 2008, 09:33:40 am »
yeah, the glue helps just to keep the front wefts from falling off.  I had that problem on the test wig, especially on the peak.  a weft fell off and I was like..  Uhm..  ok.  So, glue works.  Just be careful not to get too much on it, or rather underneath it, or it'll make your head itch.

Offline sekitan bun

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #479 on: June 14, 2008, 11:30:40 am »
Aah...that would suck.
I hate itchy wigs, I can barely stand them as it is.
some of my wefts fell off, but it was still alright (I hope)
Cosplays 09:

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #480 on: June 14, 2008, 03:21:18 pm »
I finished carving the backside of Demyx! Er... The sitar. Yeah. I didn't go at the Melodious Nocturne with a cheese grater.

Now for the hell known as keeping the sitar in one place while I figure out a way to carve the faceplate...

Offline Caelendil

• Cabbit
    • My deviantart
« Reply #481 on: June 15, 2008, 07:13:43 pm »
Lol @ the backside of Demyx.  That would hurt!  As for holding the sitar still..  hmm..  tie it to something? XD

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #482 on: June 15, 2008, 08:26:55 pm »
I put it on top of a Zip-e-Slide on top of two sawhorses. Zip-e-Slide = padded floor slide thing for working under cars.

Demyx's faceplate, top and weird thingie are all carved! Now I need to finish the sanding and spackle it!

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #483 on: June 15, 2008, 08:37:35 pm »
Yaaayz! There is this kind of spackle that goes on pink and dries white. Very helpful. :]

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #484 on: June 15, 2008, 11:23:36 pm »
That's what I'll be spackling it with, actually. If I run out of the stuff, I'll just go to Home Depot and get more and get fishtank tubing for my RATBN in the process.

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #485 on: June 15, 2008, 11:39:26 pm »
Mmhmm. My mom used it to fix up the house. :] Hope the Sitar turns out great!!! Oh yeah, For my Key blade, The base is wood, but what should the flowers be made of? Any suggestions?

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #486 on: June 16, 2008, 01:13:56 pm »
KH amv I made yeah.. I know I spelled axel wrong on the title sorry ^///^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b32lVFsD-dk

so tell me what ya think

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #487 on: June 16, 2008, 05:39:33 pm »
YAY~ for props! I finally have the money to fix my and Seifer's struggle bats. Cuz they broke. Cuz we fight too hard. XD But they shall be fixed and we shall struggle without fear of more breakage! X3

I liked the song in the AMV by the way. I'm not really a fan of amvs, but it was a cool song. ^^
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #488 on: June 16, 2008, 06:30:09 pm »
Yea, I do like the AMV. :] Good job! And yyyaaaaaayyy struggle battles!~!!! : D Can't wait/
Also, I went to value village and it was the coolest thing ever. They had a clock and it looked like a key blade! XD Except for where the handle would be it was a circle, and it was made of wood. No paint or neat edges. But it was cool. XD

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #489 on: June 16, 2008, 07:13:44 pm »
Yea, I do like the AMV. :] Good job! And yyyaaaaaayyy struggle battles!~!!! : D Can't wait/
Also, I went to value village and it was the coolest thing ever. They had a clock and it looked like a key blade! XD Except for where the handle would be it was a circle, and it was made of wood. No paint or neat edges. But it was cool. XD

If Luxord had a keyblade... Actually, that would be freaky and awesome. I'm not sure which one is better. XD;; If I ever do Luxord (not likely but you never know >> ) or find a Luxord for our group, and find that clock, it will SO happen. XD;;
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #490 on: June 16, 2008, 07:51:32 pm »
well this one is better ((I'm posting these here because they are KH related sooo yeah If I annoy anyone I'm terribly sorry))

This one is with the song Thats what you get by Paramore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z11AwY3aVdk

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #491 on: June 16, 2008, 08:00:31 pm »

If Luxord had a keyblade... Actually, that would be freaky and awesome. I'm not sure which one is better. XD;; If I ever do Luxord (not likely but you never know >> ) or find a Luxord for our group, and find that clock, it will SO happen. XD;;

If luxord had a keyblade I would run and scream and probably hide. lol all hell would break loose

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #492 on: June 17, 2008, 02:03:40 pm »
It's sooo cool! XD And my sister is like 'No it's not. -.-' and apparently her friend saw it ealrier and almost bought it. lol, I might even take it to the con, and wind it up. :]
And th videos are fine with me but I never got an answer to my question. XD
So I'm making Kairi's keyBlade, or rather, my friend is and I'm helping. Anywya, we don't know what to make the flowers out of. o.O We've already got the base but were completely lost whit this. Any advice on what to use for the flowers?

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #493 on: June 17, 2008, 02:38:31 pm »
Well, I suppose the obvious answer would be silk flowers... But then again, those don't look the greatest. Why not sculpt them from paperclay or Fimo or something and then paint them?

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #494 on: June 17, 2008, 02:40:05 pm »
Clay? That's actually really obvious. o.O I'll ask my friend about different kinds of clay n' such. Thanks! : D

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #495 on: June 17, 2008, 03:39:45 pm »
Sculpy clay is nice and sturdy, but as such it is a little spendy. It's usually worth it though. ^^ Or this cement stuff that I can't remember the name of right now, which may also be spendy and I think dries a little heavy, but is super strong. If you've seen pics of our group's Riku's keyblade, she made it mostly out of the cement stuff. Basically I would go for something really strong, cuz no matter how careful you are, your keyblade will get bashed at some point, and the flowers will be the first thing to break. ^^;
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #496 on: June 17, 2008, 03:47:10 pm »
Yeah, you have a point. ^_^ Thanks guys! I'll try that clay. I'm getting money, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #497 on: June 17, 2008, 08:31:19 pm »
Yeah, the clay stuff is called Sculptamold. It comes in a bag and is usually pretty cheap. You mix it with water and stir it up. Its really messy but works well and is cheap. It does dry heavy though, and youll definately need to sand it down.

But, it is good stuff.and cheap.  Like 4 ish bucks for 3 lbs of clay. Yaaaay cheap clay.

P.S. Our Riku says you can get it at Ben Franklin.
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!
"Wanna be a Freedom Fighter?"

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #498 on: June 17, 2008, 09:11:57 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkK5UTOFpXA

DUDE!! I have like no life... I just sit and make AMV's lol This made me tear up and I made it! lol its about kiari and sora love ^-^ kawii! and I tryed to make it look like kiari was singing a couple of times.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 09:12:38 pm by Black~Rose »

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #499 on: June 18, 2008, 11:59:05 pm »
any tips for makeing Kairi's original outfit (first KH game) I'm thinking of going as her because I'm getting my hair cut like hers.