Author Topic: Tetris Attack  (Read 4812 times)

Offline DarkKnightUltima

• Sailor Scout
Tetris Attack
« on: December 23, 2007, 06:23:48 am »
I have a request for next years Gaming tournament. Can we have Tetris Attack but have it on Time Attack rather than VS this time? With no handicap.
PSN: MiyamotoKaizen
Steam: DarkUltima (Miyamoto Kaizen should be what you see)
Costume Progress:
Zengar Zombolt (SRWOG) - 100%

Offline HellSap

• Sailor Scout
Re: Tetris Attack
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 11:12:59 am »
Why would we play on time attack?  That eliminates the entire point of playing with someone.
Always and forever... Conspiring with the devil, Conquering together.
D/L Star Control 2 - Ur-Quan Masters here http://sourceforge.net/projects/sc2/ !
PSU Video Game Club - http://randomselect.groups.pdx.edu/

Offline DarkKnightUltima

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 12:52:57 am »
Why would we play on time attack?  That eliminates the entire point of playing with someone.

Mostly and I am not here to argue. But Time Trial requires skill compared to VS mode. As my friends say that VS is flawed with the chaining of Trashblocks and what not. I mean it can go either way, but my preferance is Time Trial compared to VS.
Costume Progress:

Offline HellSap

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 09:08:13 pm »
I wasn't aiming for an argument or anything, I just wanted to know what you were wanting.  Check out some of the sweet VS matches online in youtube...  They have some seriously good JP matches - search for "panel de pon vs".  You won't however find many time trial matches (I found 1).  It takes more skill to balance offense and defense, which is the real difference between it and time trial.  I would definitely suggest playing VS and trying to get over that obstacle to improve upon your game.

Tetris Attack is still a confirmed tournament (like last year), and will be judged via VS mode.  But that shouldn't stop you from finding any challengers for 2p time trial.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 09:09:51 pm by HellSap »
Always and forever... Conspiring with the devil, Conquering together.
D/L Star Control 2 - Ur-Quan Masters here http://sourceforge.net/projects/sc2/ !
PSU Video Game Club - http://randomselect.groups.pdx.edu/

Offline DarkKnightUltima

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 11:05:07 pm »
I wasn't aiming for an argument or anything, I just wanted to know what you were wanting.  Check out some of the sweet VS matches online in youtube...  They have some seriously good JP matches - search for "panel de pon vs".  You won't however find many time trial matches (I found 1).  It takes more skill to balance offense and defense, which is the real difference between it and time trial.  I would definitely suggest playing VS and trying to get over that obstacle to improve upon your game.

Tetris Attack is still a confirmed tournament (like last year), and will be judged via VS mode.  But that shouldn't stop you from finding any challengers for 2p time trial.

Oh well of course. I am just saying some vareity would be nice between time attack and VS.
Costume Progress:

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 12:00:08 am »
I've never played but I'll give it a shot lol
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline DarkKnightUltima

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 02:00:56 am »
I'm just glad that its in the tournament this year again.
Costume Progress: