Author Topic: i've lost  (Read 3355 times)

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
    • Its a fan page, do the liking
i've lost
« on: November 25, 2007, 10:48:57 pm »
my creative edge.  :-\
i want it back  :-[
i can't draw well anymore
coming up with dance routines ijust draw a blank
doing my make up well has become hit or miss
nothing seems to help inspire the goodness, feels like its been sucked out of me.
any ideas onhow to get it back??
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Re: i've lost
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 08:51:26 am »
yes draw me a picture of GIR  dressed up as kirby!
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline nerdgirl

• Oni
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 06:11:45 pm »
Jimminy I hope that was the right button
 ;D
My best guess would be to take a break. Just look at all the stuff around you and focus on it.
:)
Let's be BEST friends
:D

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 10:30:25 pm »
Hmmmmmmm,,,,,,
Best advice I can think of is try not to force it.  Sit back, relax a little, listen to some music, little things like that.
One thing I like to do is just sketch a little on whatever is on my mind.  Or you can also just start with some simple shapes, put them together, and see how it continues.
Eventually something clicks and it comes back.

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 08:30:52 pm »
yes draw me a picture of GIR  dressed up as kirby!
yeah that came out messed up, like weird then i pick a scab and bled on it.. haha i worked til i bled!
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline PhantmK

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 10:57:12 pm »
Take a break for 2 days, get enough sleep so you know that you have dreamt at night. Then come back and draw random whatevers, just start out with a blank sheet and make the pencil touch the paper, keep doing this until you feel something come on. If that doesn't work then have sugar, hang out with friends, and enjoy life for a while, after that things tend to naturally flow out.
Sometimes you just gotta pull out the stops give it your all and know that you will come out the other end alive, well, and ready for the next challenge. 
I'm still waiting for the next one.

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 08:02:50 am »
Maybe if you read a book you will get some creativity back, because that way you need to be creating the pictures of the characters in your mind, and then you could try drawing someone from the book all anime style or something.

For the make up.. Read lots of cosmo ^^  Those are fun!

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2007, 01:44:08 pm »
sleep: i dream alot they are some pretty messed up dreams.

cosmo: if you mean the cosmopoliton... thats always an awkward m ag to pick up.. haha
but i think my make up issue is that my hair color has grown out, when i get the color this next week that creativity may come back. i just blame the hair haha

as for drawing
i think i'll go back in practice mode and find a style i like and fiund pix drawn in that style then draw those pix til i can draw onmy own again. then maybe i can draw full bodies *sux at legs*
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
Boost your creativity
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 11:34:40 am »
Right now what you think about isn't leading to creating new ideas because your associations (when I think of 'x', it often makes me think of 'y' next) mostly lead to familiar destinations: "Been there done that." And so nothing feels new.

By trying things in which you have little to no previous experiences, you put new puzzle pieces into your head so you can build visions and ideas you couldn't think of before - especially new reasons to do things which might be similar to what you already do. That's the key - new reasons mean different thinking, and different thinking will lead to new (creative) answers to the tasks before you: (I want to draw something, I want to move and dance, etc.)

So, pick one or a few hobbies or activities you have NEVER done before, and know little or nothing about.
Not that you're going to take these up seriously, but go to some sort of 'intro' session. This could be:

- Instruction in an instrument you've never played. (Can be free, if you've got a friend with the instrument and you ask to try it for a bit.)
- Intro session to a new martial art, a handgun class, marksmanship, archery. (You'll be learning to move your body in new ways and for NEW REASONS - opening your mind.)
- Go to a hobby store and find out when the next 'N-Scale Model Railroaders' club meets, and show up. (OK, could be R/C planes or boats or macrame beading or tole painting - as long as it's something you've NEVER done before.)
- Try a critter riding class (again, if you know someone with critters this can be cheap or even free.)
- Go to a church or temple of a religion you've never been to before, and just watch from the back. Some religions have secret rites, though, so ask what might be available just to observe. (Again, you're not 'taking up' the religion, you're being like an anthropologist - observing a foreign culture and ritual.)
- Hit the internet, find a cooking style you've never made before, and try a new recipe. Malaysian? Estonian? Icelandic?
- Choose a language outside of the families of any other languages you might already be familiar with. Vietnamese. Lithuanian. Farsi. Swahili. Urdu. Welsh, Then get one of those 'Learn [Language] Quick' tapes from a book store. and listen for a few nights.

What you'll end up doing is jogging your mind by putting new and UNEXPECTED ideas into it. You'll also likely to meet sets of people who will be completely new to you. The desired effect will be to break up your regular paths of thinking and association so as to add new paths. Now you can start from the same old inputs, but your mind has new paths to try, and so you'll get new (and creative) outcomes.

GO FOR IT!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 11:36:31 am by Prinz Eugen »

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2007, 12:27:10 pm »
who wants to go to a gospel church next sunday and bring out their inner black person?? their soulful side. i've always wanted to go.

oh and what i really think put me in that slum was screwing up 2 batched of cookies. one peanut butter cookies and one chocolate chip. then accidently burning  cake and screwing up my famouse cake loaf.

hey i know some swahili, how cool am i??
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2007, 05:54:58 am »
Which church?  I used to go to mount olivet for around a year, I like how more transparent people are in that culture :)
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2007, 09:32:31 am »
no idea. just wanna go to a black gospel church they have more fun  ;D
unlioke the CoC stiffs bleck

i got my hair cut mondo short wooo. its soo cute!!
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
Observing Other Religions / Music and a dream recalled...
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2007, 07:44:15 pm »
I like anime cons. I like SF cons too.
I used to be in the SCA 20 years ago or more.

So I often like COOL GARB on whoever is doing the ritual. So once or thrice a decade I like to visit and observe something Shinto, or Eastern Orthodox, or the Byzantine Church here in Portland, or check out the Maronite Mass in SE.

I often enjoy a sense of unfathomable, silent mystery. You're expecting a visual special effect to trigger from another dimension. Some rites and cultures are *really* good at this - they get you in the mood of standing alone before a Final Judgment. Each of us goes through that moment absolutely alone - imagine that no one you leave behind can possibly be there to help you.** (I find myself thinking: "OK can we knock off the hand-holding, I'm trying to concentrate on something IMPORTANT here...")

** A good piece of music to try for this effect might be R. Vaughn Williams' "Sinfonia Antarctica" (No. 7) which includes a soul-harrowing, unearthly, wordless SSA chorus and a wind machine. I've dreamt to that music only once in my life, but it was intense image - I can still recall the scene and textures clearly.

- G

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2007, 12:11:58 am »
What do you like drawing? And what usually inspires you? If you're able to, try going to Uwajimaya and fliiping through the artbooks. You might get a good idea there.

And if you want to get better at figure drawing, they have a "How to Draw Manga" book specifically about figure drawing~

http://www.amazon.com/How-Draw-Manga-Bodies-Anatomy/dp/4766112385

Maybe that'll help...

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2007, 09:22:00 pm »
I've lost the game.

I find that obsessing over girls helps the whole creative edge thing.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2007, 10:19:56 pm »
I'm with AnimeMatrix's suggestion on the "Manga Anatomy" book.  It is great to use as a reference for body positions.