Author Topic: Pirates vs Ninjas  (Read 44708 times)

Offline HatakeGirlX

• Catgirl
Re: Pirates vs Ninjas
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2008, 11:10:25 pm »
Just out of curiousity, does anyone know how the whole pirates vs. ninjas thing began?

In my opinion from what I see there has been the
Naruto vs One piece thing as a great example, I have yet to meet someone who loved both shows, there is always a fight between wich is better pirates or Ninjas

ps.....Ninjas own >.>

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2008, 12:56:50 am »
I'm going as Davy Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean, so I can do something for the Pirate side, but I'm not a good dancer. I'm going to have some more fragile pieces for my costume. I don't want to bust anything.

Sounds interesting, and I think I'm game for it :). I think Pirates will be seriously outnumbered due to Naruto's unceasing popularity, though.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 01:21:30 am by lychee-twist »
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2008, 01:10:30 am »

One of the things that people forget was that the original term for pirate was privateer, which was hired by a company or state to sack and destroy other ships and/or collect goods from trade.
Ninjas were on the same ground that they worked for a lord and did the dirty tasks of assassination and sabotage.

While I don't think one couldn't live without the other some think that ninjas actually inspired the idea of privateers which became pirates. At least thats what some history books say...

Other than that its pretty much an internet thing that started a few years ago about which is cooler.

Actually, a privateer and pirate were the same thing but with a small, but important, difference. A pirate is the exact same thing as a privateer, but a privateer has legal papers giving them the right to plunder, steal, rob, shoot down, etc. A privateer who lost his papers o  had them revoked yet still did all that schpeal became labeled a pirate.

Thank you, History of Modern War class at UO. Wotwot.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 01:15:34 am by lychee-twist »

Offline Bob

• Chibi
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2008, 01:12:59 am »
May the K-cons king of Pirates be the Pirate judge? i mean I won a super sweet set of 3 buckets with alot of writing on them. and a chest full of other sweet anime stuff. I can't dance but I'd really like to be a judge.
If I had've known that people would call me my forum name at the con, I wouldn't of picked something so dumb.

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2008, 01:18:09 am »
What would being a captain entail? Would it be a three day con thing or a one day deal?

Offline Bob

• Chibi
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2008, 01:44:29 am »
I'm going as Davy Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean, so I can do something for the Pirate side, but I'm not a good dancer. I'm going to have some more fragile pieces for my costume. I don't want to bust anything.

Sounds interesting, and I think I'm game for it :). I think Pirates will be seriously outnumbered due to Naruto's unceasing popularity, though.

you'd think, but I beat them last year and I'll do it again!
If I had've known that people would call me my forum name at the con, I wouldn't of picked something so dumb.

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2008, 01:54:26 am »

you'd think, but I beat them last year and I'll do it again!

Maybe the Pirates do have a chance, then! Even if we have to Shanghai a few people into working for us! It's set in Portland, afterall, the Shanghai capitol of the Pacific Northwest? What do you all think the Portland underground was for, anyways? Mining? Bah! We had pirates over on the Pacific, too! Badass pirates that would trap drunken, unsuspecting men in cages under the town, steal their shoes, and then surround their cages with broken glass to dodge escape. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanghai_tunnels

Offline Bob

• Chibi
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2008, 01:56:37 am »
I watched a couple shows on that, us Pirates are vicious!

Offline HatakeGirlX

• Catgirl
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2008, 06:51:22 pm »
lol, I am going to have to practice dancing a little (its been forever since I was a dance team captain) but yea im totally gunna give it a shot :D lets hope I remember my old hiphop ruitines :D

Offline Bob

• Chibi
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2008, 06:53:36 pm »
Practice all you want, were still gonna pwnz0r yall

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2008, 03:14:39 am »
I'd still like to know what a captain includes. I'm pretty interested in being it for the Pirates side. I'll have to, err, brush up on my line dancing?

Offline Jarnan

• Cabbit
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2008, 01:34:28 am »
Depending on how long you want me to be a pirate, I'll cosplay as one. However, it will have to share time with Ganondorf, and the King of Evil isn't very good at sharing. (Sides, its difficult to dance in full armor, unless you do the roboto, and that seems more like a ninja thing anyways).

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2008, 12:56:05 pm »
Captain Henry at Lloyd center has been alerted. He seems interested in raiding the convention.

I suggest Pirates go and visit his store in the mall at some point during the con. Especially if you want to touch up your costume a little.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2008, 04:21:57 pm »
pirates ninjas a jedi cares not (shirt i got kendo chris :))
too bad theres not a bigger starwars group :-\
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2008, 03:20:42 pm »
pirates ninjas a jedi cares not (shirt i got kendo chris :))
too bad theres not a bigger starwars group :-\

XD I want a shirt like that. Okay, all you have to do is kidnap half of the Naruto cosplays, stick them in a Jedi cosplay, and BAM you control 1/3 of the Con!

Offline Bob

• Chibi
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2008, 04:31:01 pm »
hey T man where is that store?

Offline HatakeGirlX

• Catgirl
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2008, 06:03:10 pm »

BOB!!! -whines- Don't be meeeeaan to me >.< Your gunna hurt my lil Ninja feelings -uses kawaii pity no jutsu!-

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2008, 06:06:04 pm »
hey T man where is that store?

It's right by the Ice Rink in the center of the bottom floor of Lloyd Center. You can't miss it. It looks like a massive cave with pirate goodies inside, hehe.

Oh, and if I actually find myself with the opportunity to fight for the bucket, I'll for sure be a pirate. Heck, my non-cosplay clothes will be (at least) pirate-inspired, heh.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Bob

• Chibi
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2008, 02:15:58 pm »

BOB!!! -whines- Don't be meeeeaan to me >.< Your gunna hurt my lil Ninja feelings -uses kawaii pity no jutsu!-

im sorry. I don't mean to hurt your feelings, I'll make sure to give you a hug. but your still losing  :-*

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2008, 05:45:51 pm »
I second that :)

oslapedo

« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2008, 10:41:53 pm »
*waves pirate flag* Go us!

Offline Bob

• Chibi
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2008, 02:29:55 am »
I'm thinking about making a flag, it would be a Panda head with crossing cutlasses. the King Pirate Panda will make it so! maybe hang it up behind the Pirate dancers?

Offline Bob

• Chibi
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2008, 03:08:42 am »
some thing like this, but with alot more work and editing, possible redo the whole thing, but I love it. even if we don't use it I want to have something like this around for myself. lemme know what you guys think I should change besides the obvious. all I used was paint because I couldn't find my photoshop, I know, lame, sorry.

oslapedo

« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2008, 02:44:08 pm »
I think that's cool! And what about pirate dancers? xD

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2008, 09:40:18 pm »
I've got two left feet, but I'll do my best ^^; Yaarr!

Offline Faaedab

• Sailor Scout
    • My myspace
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2008, 11:30:46 pm »
is it too late to join as a pirate? i would suck as a cosplay ninja even if it was just black clothes (too fat T.T) but i can do an awesome pirate. i will own the bucket i swear to whatever there is out there GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Working on my Reno cosplay. my hair is getting close to being long enough already w00t.

Offline Bob

• Chibi
« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2008, 11:32:30 pm »
sorrae mate, tha bucket bae mine

Offline Faaedab

• Sailor Scout
    • My myspace
« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2008, 11:41:36 pm »
I dinnae know that thar was a land lubber with the galls or the grit to stand up to me. Thems is fighten words ta me. yar i challenge ye to a duel >.>
Working on my Reno cosplay. my hair is getting close to being long enough already w00t.

Offline Bob

• Chibi
« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2008, 11:46:49 pm »
yaaaaaar! I bae tha K-cons king'o Pirates and if ye really want'a bring this upon yerself, pm mae.

Offline HatakeGirlX

• Catgirl
« Reply #79 on: August 16, 2008, 02:00:35 pm »
What the hell is this thread becoming, the who can kill english the quickest game? xP Filthy little pirates

Offline Bob

• Chibi
« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2008, 03:37:38 pm »
Us Pirates will dance your pants off. im still working on that flag. and you ninjas talk but the sound is delayed when it comes out, so sush.

Offline Faaedab

• Sailor Scout
    • My myspace
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2008, 06:13:27 pm »
yarr stuff it ya bilge rats, the pirates will rule an thas all thers to it. lol j/k im gonna suck beyond all suckage when it comes to dancing T.T unless i can do glowsticking/poi. thats all i can do.

oslapedo

« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2008, 06:22:12 pm »
English be over rated! We speak with arr actions, not arr words!

Offline Bob

• Chibi
« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2008, 09:12:08 pm »
I try to help you with your pirate speak.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 09:14:44 pm by Bob »

oslapedo

« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2008, 09:21:48 pm »
Me? Are my pirate lingustics that bad? :D

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2008, 11:44:49 pm »
yaaaaaar! I bae tha K-cons king'o Pirates and if ye really want'a bring this upon yerself, pm mae.

I be fightin' for ye position this yearr. Unless ye be willin' to meet me precious pet. Maybe ye be in the knowing of it? I call it, the Kraken.

Offline Bob

• Chibi
« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2008, 12:59:59 am »
Ye mutinous yellow bellied pocked face land lubber! ye got no chance!
and yes you do need to work on your pirate jargen ;)

oslapedo

« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2008, 01:09:50 am »
Arrr, curses be to myself!  Arrrr! Arrrrrrrrrr! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

;D

Offline Bob

• Chibi
« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2008, 01:11:19 am »
Just one good YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR does well.....

oslapedo

« Reply #89 on: August 17, 2008, 01:14:17 am »
Ah, okay XD

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!

Offline Bob

• Chibi
« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2008, 01:16:00 am »
sweeeeeeeeeeeeet. were off topic though. I'm adding a sweet hat and eye patch to the Panda Pirate flag

oslapedo

« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2008, 01:17:24 am »
If pirate language training isn't relevant then I don't know what is!

And yay for the flag! I have an eyepatch laying around, I'll be sure to wear it ^_^

Offline Bob

• Chibi
« Reply #92 on: August 17, 2008, 01:18:23 am »
sweet.

Offline HatakeGirlX

• Catgirl
« Reply #93 on: August 17, 2008, 01:23:37 am »
Bob! No training your pirates on mutual grounds! lol ^^

Offline Bob

• Chibi
« Reply #94 on: August 17, 2008, 01:24:01 am »
or what?

oslapedo

« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2008, 01:36:50 am »
Maybe she'll use her scary magical ninja powers on you! ;)

Offline Bob

• Chibi
« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2008, 01:40:31 am »
Anime ninjas are awesome, real life ninjas have no magic. just tools and acrobatics. I fear no ninja.

Offline Bob

• Chibi
« Reply #97 on: August 17, 2008, 02:13:56 am »
Zoom in on the eyepatch. this whole thing is still a rough draft.

Offline HatakeGirlX

• Catgirl
« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2008, 10:07:18 am »
-TURN BOB'S FLAG INTO A COOKIE NO JUTSU!!!!!!-  *POOOOOF!* ^_^

Offline Bob

• Chibi
« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2008, 10:50:38 am »
*eats cookie* mmmmmmmmmmm. I can always make another,