Author Topic: FOR YOU LITERATE ROLEPLAYERS!  (Read 4197 times)

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
FOR YOU LITERATE ROLEPLAYERS!
« on: October 24, 2007, 03:45:14 pm »
If you're into literate roleplaying, such as I am, I just created a proboards that is completely literate roleplays. I'm the only member on it at the moment ;_; So pleeeeeease check it out! It's not that bad of a site. It's pretty awesome. Join maybe? And even if you dont, help me get members. lol. The link is my sig picture, or here it is again.

http://vampirefangs666.proboards92.com/index.cgi

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Re: FOR YOU LITERATE ROLEPLAYERS!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 06:03:38 pm »
could you explain what literate RPing is?  it is each person post a RP msg?

PS: cute sig picture btw.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 06:30:29 pm »
lol. Sure. It explains it on the site, but I can explain it here too.

Yes, literate roleplay is when each person posts something on a forum and it ends up being a story. But literate roleplaying is also pretty advance. Each post you make should be at least a paragraph long at the shortest, and you make sure to go into great detail. It's all in third person, so no "I walk over and smile at you". None of that. It would be "The young girl walked over and smiled at the demon boy." Stuff like that. And no ** for actions. We use full sentences, and quotation marks for speaking " ". It may sound overwhelming, but it's mostly for people who enjoy writing a lot. ^^

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 06:43:50 pm »
Oh, I've seen things like this online before, the results anyway, as well as having done it before in a verbal format (generally you do sentences there).

With the right players it works great, toss in a bad apple and it rots quickly (or becomes highly comedic... depending on the saving rolls each of the other writers makes).
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline PhantmK

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 12:43:22 pm »
Sounds like fun, I don't know if I will find much time to do it, But I will try XD.
Sometimes you just gotta pull out the stops give it your all and know that you will come out the other end alive, well, and ready for the next challenge. 
I'm still waiting for the next one.

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 01:31:19 am »
rpol.net is actually the best play by post website I know of. 

Free form is fun, but I like to go after that fancy armor and amazing sword that does 20d6 damage. 

You can make NPCs and there is a dice rollers all kinds of stuff that normal bboards don't have.
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 02:55:08 pm »
Yeppers i'm joining!!