Author Topic: A Question for everyone  (Read 2985 times)

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
A Question for everyone
« on: October 11, 2007, 11:31:54 am »
okay, suppose that on the news or something zombies and popping up left and right eating people(and yes, you can kill them), now, do you think anyone would protest the genocide of zombies(however short that may be)?

2. same question, but with demons(the kind that like to kill, torture, rape, and other nasty stuff).
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
Re: A Question for everyone
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 04:39:21 pm »
Just where do you think you live? Of course some moron would protest the non-human rights abuse by zombie/demon killers. That's what the ACLU is all about! Protecting the rights of zombies everywhere to eat your brains. Like you were using them.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 07:25:59 pm »
oh I know the answer to the question, I just find it amusing asking the question.  People either answer what you just said or are dumbfounded by the off the wall question.

Offline Winfred

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 07:31:14 pm »
Psh, it would be too awesome for anyone to care. Cuz bashing in zombie heads with a shovel is pretty neat!

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 08:14:00 pm »
Zombies are more like plague victims... Now if there were a possible cure, I'd say maybe they'd care.  However at our current level of medical tech I doubt we'd be able to cure it.  Putting them on ice would also be too expensive and dangerous.  So I say they're unrecoverable with current technology and should be classified as already dead.  Thus no longer people.

Demons, it depends on the demon.  Some would find willing subjects, especially the ones at the lower end of the scale.  Comparing them to current politicians, I can't say I much blame the demon subjects.
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 08:27:53 pm »
Actually zombies are caused by a toxin from a tropical marine fish, kind of like fugu poisoning. But in the popular culture, zombies are actually dead people. And well, we could just conclude that dead people have no rights, kind of like opossums, so they could just be roadkill, for all we care. But they do have a wee more mass than opossums do, could need a front end job afterwards, should you hit one.

Demons in a way are completely different. As they are not natural, I believe supernatural is the keyword, they could be classes as toxic waste, and then line them up for Superfund cleanup. But how would these demons be killed? I assume that what would kill a person or even a zombie would have no affect on a demon. And like Michael just said, what if they run for mayor of Portland, would it make any difference?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 02:48:24 am »
@michael
dude, you just gave ammo to the zombie genocide protesters, now they all be saying we should be freezing all the zombies until a cure is found!!  Nevermind the fact their brains likely rotted away and if it didn't, the damage to the tissue from freezing(since water expands when frozen).   There is still a very very very small chance that in the far off future some new technology will cure all of that....presuming no one protest the new technology enough to stop its development....

@jaybug
maybe you can just throw a cross(or whatever symbol of faith you perfer) at them and they will go emo, running around like headless chickens and then commit suicide?  I'm would presume they're all anti faiths(unless your faith with them).   as compared to politicians....depends on who you ask and which politican.

@winfred
there is always someone out there that has to be an anti awesome.

Offline Dealrith

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 05:10:34 am »
towards the cost of freezing them......just get them up around alaska or the north pole and then you can freeze them that way
as for me though.....I'm getting in some target practice and the only way your going to save them is if you can get them to do a flip on comand ;D
2014 - 2018 - Quartermaster Staff Manager
2013 - Quartermaster
2012 - Quartermaster
2011 - Quartermaster
2010 - Vice Chair
2009 - Director of Operations
2008 - Yojimbo Floor Manager
2007 - Yojimbo

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 06:31:19 am »
Sorry, not that simple.  You can't cryogenicly freeze someone just by dropping the temperature, for the exact reason you noted.  When frozen, water expands, crystals form, and uniform distribution of this is very difficult to achieve with semi-solid masses.  Actually a better source of information is probably wikipedia's article.  Yet the biggest deal breaker is probably any costs associated with revival.  I can't imagine any situation in which recovery would be possible, and yet economical.  Unless the entire nature of our economy has changed (as I believe it eventually must, though I'm pessimistic about it being within my lifetime) and we have vastly more space, and access to even cheaper energy.  Such a level of development would only occur with a ring world/dyson sphere, or some kind of cheep space folding technology giving us (very fast) access to other planets we could live on.

Also, you have to pay to keep them stored like that.  Akira style storage isn't cheep you know...
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 08:44:19 am »
Sadly, said protesters believe said costs are either overstated or the money should taken from other expences...like anti zombie sticks of +1(in other words, shotguns and ammo).

Offline TheInsanePuck

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/djpuckjd
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2007, 10:31:03 pm »
all I know is I am safe from zombie type attacking since I know how to use guns pretty well :D

but yeah I am sure someone would be like... BUT THE ZOMBIES USE TO BE LIVING AT ONE POINT IN TIME!!

in which case they would be eaten and I would be living happily in the middle of the desert on a ranch or something while shooting at zombies if they could ever find me :D
Insert Whitty Comments here...

oh yeah and BOOOSH
Sakuracon Security Coord 7 years running

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2007, 10:45:18 pm »
Sadly, said protesters believe said costs are either overstated or the money should taken from other expences...like anti zombie sticks of +1(in other words, shotguns and ammo).

That's all fine and good, until you get turned into a zombie.  What then? What then?

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2007, 03:58:28 pm »
If I turn into a zombie, I give everyone here the legal right to kill me by any means that they see fit.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2007, 05:26:11 pm »
I want that signed and notarized!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2007, 08:51:10 am »
I'll bring a contract to the next Kumoricon meeting & sign it in front of everyone.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2007, 01:39:40 pm »
weird thing is i have no problem with scary movies but aver the last few weeks i've been having bad dreams of the apacyliptic zombie kind, it not fun :(
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2007, 04:48:10 pm »
Well at least science hasn't discovered something useful that your body makes, and you get taken to a secret research laboratory deep underground, with no windows to ever see the sunshine again by government men in black suits wearing dark glasses.
Have Fun

Jay