Author Topic: The Masquerade Ball  (Read 11729 times)

Offline Delphi

• Sailor Scout
    • My DeviantArt Page
Re: The Masquerade Ball
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2007, 06:44:46 pm »
I'm just glad that more than like one or two boys knew how to dance this year! I went to Sakuracon back in March and no guys seemed to be able to dance. Then again, maybe they just weren't asking me because I was dressed as Hawkeye and was wearing military boots. Go figure...

Anyways, those of us that do dance different styles should contribute more dance music this year so we get a good mix of dancing music. Also maybe some line dance music or something. I know line dancing is kinda dorky but...well...so is cosplay, really. :p
Unable to come this year. Sorry guys...

Offline Raccon-Faced_Keruri

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2007, 10:11:41 pm »
Yeah, I would have liked more waltzy music. I danced with this guy from Bleach, and we both thought it was odd when a rock-ish song came on. I liked the dancing workshop, but maybe it could be organized a little faster next time? It sort of felt really slow.

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
    • Its a fan page, do the liking
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2007, 10:12:40 pm »
it was my idea to start the random con-ga line
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2007, 10:16:52 pm »
I was shocked when a couple guys asked me to dance... I honestly wasn't expecting/planning too... ^^;;; *cant waltz well* I wish more people would have worn masks though, but it was fun. The ONLY time I got to dance the the Haruhi Suzumiya theme. I was disappointed and shocked when I asked at the first rave if they had it and they said no... T.T

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline RobinSena

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2007, 06:33:27 pm »
I was one of the people in the lesson who already knew how to dance and was helping other people in the area around me ^_^ and then we went from the lesson to the dance line... oOo but I was rather surprized that they didn't enforce the mask requirement, we brought our own (a very good thing since we couldn't get into the mask workshop lol) but it would have been really cool to see a whole room full of masked characters :D next year anyone? :D
"Well, it's going to look pretty good then, isn't it?  The One Horseman and the Three Pedestrians of the Apocralypse." Terry Pratchett

Offline Nanao_chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2007, 04:32:07 pm »
I know i was highly dissapointed with the planning of the event. There was no room to practice, very little time to actually get ready for the event and the line to get in was horrendous! My friends and i spent most of that time outside in the glomp circle. I hope next year that the rules will be enforced, that there will be more waltzing music and that the room will be big enough to hold everyone! I was expecting a gala event with people acting mature and sophisticated, but i was disheartened at the level of maturity i saw. Maybe next year the staff might get it right.
-----------------------------
The Random Panel of Doom: More adults than you can shake some pocky at.
(RPoD Panelist 2008-2014)

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2007, 08:55:56 am »
The decision was made to not enforce the dress code after the turnout we had at the mask making panel - alot of interest, not enough masks.  It was intended to only not enforce the mask requirement, but I'm afraid that as it was filtered through conversations, that changed to not enforcing the dress code at all.

We honestly did not expect the interest there was in the event - we will be better prepared for next year :).  I know that one of the big complaints (besides the music, which we are working on) was practice time and space in the event.  We are hoping we can squeeze in more lessons, and by enforcing the dress code, that should reduce the number attending.

Thanks for all your interest and comment, guys... your feedback is what helps us to improve the events ;D
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator