Poll

Which kind of guest would you be most interested in seeing?

North American Voice Actor
9 (25%)
Web Comic Artist
7 (19.4%)
North American Comic/Manga Artist
2 (5.6%)
A Japanese Guest... ANY Japanese guest
18 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: December 22, 2007, 09:04:38 pm

Author Topic: Official KumoriCon 2008 Guest Suggestion Thread  (Read 17186 times)

Offline Cpl. Slicks

• Cabbit
Official KumoriCon 2008 Guest Suggestion Thread
« on: October 08, 2007, 10:04:38 pm »
As promised, I am posting this to see what kind of Guests people would most like to see at KumoriCon 2008.

I would not only like to know not just what kind, but who specifically you'd like to see.

A couple of notes before the names start to be dropped...

I'm planning to contact my conterparts with the three other Anime Events in the Northwest, to see who they have invited, or plan to invite, so that we don't get overlapping guests. With any luck, this will mean some guests that you'll only get to see at KumoriCon.

Thirdly, if they've been a guest for two years in a row to KumoriCon, I'd like to give them a break for a year or two, to keep the Convention fresh, and not be the same old Con year after year. There are exceptions to this, especially if there is overwhelming demand for the guest to return.

I'll keep the poll up for a few months, and afterwards, I'll post a poll with the top 12 viable guest names and see which one out of those the majority of you would like to see.

Let the suggestions begin! ^_^d

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
Re: Official KumoriCon 2008 Guest Suggestion Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 10:23:15 pm »
Voice actors!

Ideally, I'd like to see Jamieson Price (who I vote for every time a topic like this comes up). He's got the best reads I've ever heard, and this great natural voice. He's been in everything from Digimon to Bobobo to Advent Children/DoC to Cowboy Bebop.

I interviewed him once for a web site, and he was very nice and personable.

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 11:16:00 pm »
Well, as I said while we grilled you during elections, I would love to see a Japanese mangaka guest.  Or, a Korean Manwha creator.  Some of my favorite reads these days are the Korean stuff that Netcomics is bringing over.  Though, I have no idea how receptive the average manga fan is to manhwa.

You Higuri (Cantarella), Marley (Dokebi Bride), Matsuri Akino (Petshop of Horrors), or any one of 40-some-odd other names would make me burst with joy.  However, I have no idea how big any of these people actually are.  I know that Hiromu Arakawa (FMA) is likely out of our league by several thousand miles, but what about Yuki Urushibara (Mushishi)?  Ooh, or Kio Shimoku (Genshiken)?

They are all likely too big and busy. 

Oh, well, I can dream :)
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 09:31:31 am »
I would personally be fine with anyone, I go to anime conventions just for this reason most of the time. :O
But I do have a few suggestions of guests,that could make Kumoricon it's own..if that's alright....?

Japanese Guests
-Hayao Miyazaki!! [It's probably impossible, like so impossible. But there's no harm in wishful thinking] XD He's god? period.
- Setona Mizushiro [She's kind of new in America, but she is the creator of Afterschool Nightmare] It would be a wonderful experience for people to become fans of her series, since it is amazing.
-Yuki Kajiura [Music composer/singer] Do I need to say anything more about her? [laughs]
-Ore Ska Band [I know they are preforming at AX, but it would be lovely to see them anyways~] :[[[
-Ken Akumatsu [Creator of Love Hina manga//more] He would be quite popular since the manga he makes is skyrocketing in the selling charts still

American Voice Actors
- Tiffany Grant [I know she attended I think, two years back?]
- Spike Spencer [Getting an Evangelion theme going, hah]
- Laura Bailey [I think she might live in Texas, or was it L.A?]
- Chris Patton [He's just amazing all over haha]

[blush]
I hope that was alright

Offline gemineye42

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 11:09:15 am »
My recommendations:

Crispin Freeman, american voice actor. He gives an amazing voice acting workshop, I took it at Anime Expo in 03. Notable works - Irresponsible Captain Tyler, Alucard in Hellsing, Hideki in Chobits.

SamBakZa - Korean trio notable for their heinously popular flash animations "There she is!!" and "Cake Dance". www.sambakza.net

That is all!
I can has cheezburger?

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 12:12:03 pm »
Kokia!
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 12:57:58 pm »
I gotta vote my heart and support webcomic artists.
Even if they don't make anime-style content there are tons of otaku reading webcomics.

I know that Mike the Con Chair is a fan of Girl Genius and the Foglios live in the Seattle area.

I however have to go for the long shot and call for my favorite manga-ka online, Kara Dennison of Conscrew. She does plenty of work with East Coast conventions, costuming, voice acting, cosplay in troupes, fanfic and of course, making her own manga. She's totally rad.
http://www.conscrew.com

Conscrew is a webcomic about anime conventions. She now also does Yuusha Hime Kalibourne, a "magical girl" comic that is action and scifi with an Arthurian subtext.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 06:26:25 pm »
Crispin Freeman, american voice actor. He gives an amazing voice acting workshop, I took it at Anime Expo in 03. Notable works - Irresponsible Captain Tyler, Alucard in Hellsing, Hideki in Chobits.
You're forgetting some of his other work, which includes the main character (which turns in to a book...) from Makai Kingdom: Chronicles Of The Sacred Tome - PS2 (07/26/05) (ref Wikipedia).

However I recall someone I know suggested him for 2007, and were essentially told he was still out of our league.  Still, it's always worth suggesting on the off chance it can happen, and we are growing.
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 11:36:51 pm »
I'm planning on talking to Kyle Ward about the possibility of some RoXoR partnerships or something next time I see him.  I'm not sure how much this interests anyone in this forum, but for anyone who's into ITG or Pump Pro, it's a big thing.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Cpl. Slicks

• Cabbit
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2007, 07:42:23 am »
You're forgetting some of his other work, which includes the main character (which turns in to a book...) from Makai Kingdom: Chronicles Of The Sacred Tome - PS2 (07/26/05) (ref Wikipedia).

However I recall someone I know suggested him for 2007, and were essentially told he was still out of our league.  Still, it's always worth suggesting on the off chance it can happen, and we are growing.

From what I recall, the problem with Crispin isn't that he's out of our league, it's that he charges an appearance fee. This is something that KumoriCon, and most other Anime Conventions, have made a policy of not paying.

I'll look into it, though.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2007, 10:08:46 am »
to sugest somthing totaly almost unrelated to anime(hey hes been in video games)
bruce campbell
cuz he's da man
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline gemineye42

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2007, 10:19:07 am »
to sugest somthing totaly almost unrelated to anime(hey hes been in video games)
bruce campbell
cuz he's da man

I SECOND THIS! Woooo Bruce!
I can has cheezburger?

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2007, 12:05:52 am »

-Yuki Kajiura [Music composer/singer] Do I need to say anything more about her? [laughs]

- Chris Patton [He's just amazing all over haha

Yuki Kajiura is amazing. I will say that.

As for Chris Patton, I believe he's not doing conventions anymore (at least last I heard, could have changed since, though), though I would love to have him come here. I've got his autograph (girlfriend got it for me) but I'd like to meet him ^-^

Hmm, new guests...

David Hayter (do I even need to say it?)

Hmm..him, plus Chris Patton are really the only people I can think of off the top of my head.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Chevi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 03:34:52 pm »
Personally since my childhood days I've liked Johnny Yong Bosch, and I sadly missed him years ago at Sakura-Con.  So I would really like to see him.

I did however choose Japanese guests overall, and would love to see some manga creators mostly.  Pretty much anyone.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2007, 03:53:26 am »
lol I agree with the poll...A Japanese guest... ANY Japanese guest...
No but seriously, I don't know how conventions do it but I know it will be hard, how about a famous Japanese voice actor? Or famous japanese manga artist? Singers? Thats pretty much what I would wanna see.

I know Otakon in 2001 got Midorikawa Hikaru to attend! He's a ridiculiously famous Seiyuu. (Tahaome from Fushigi Yugi, Zelgaids from Slayers, Silva from Shaman King, Lin from Cowboy Bebop, Mikage from Utena, Keiichiro Akasaka from Tokyo Mew Mew, Arashi from Naruto, and the list goes on and on.

I would LOVE to have my absolute Idol there... @.@ I don't even know if any con has got her to come to America, thats Megumi Hayashibara, who is equally if not more famous then Midorikawa. She's a singer and a Seiyuu. (Momiji from Blue Seed, Raye from Evangelion, Lina from Slayers, Kitty from Hello Kitty, Female Ranma from Ranma 1/2, Nam from Bubblegum Crisis, Ai from Video Girl Ai, ect ect on and on.... )

Yasunori Matsumoto (Princess Tutu, Armitage, Digimon, Eueka Seven, Gravitation, Kingdom Hearts, Silent Mobius, Slayers, Zoids, Star Ocean, Yu Yu Haukshou, ect.) is another big one as well as Toru Furusawa (Cardcaptors, Bleach, Trigun, Fushigi Yugi, ect).

As far as Manga-Ka...I can really only think of Yuu Watase. Casue she's the best.

LOL, No way I think it can happen (not big enough yet) but if you got someone like Dir En Grey, Orange Range, or Ayumi Hamasaki to sing that would be amazing... Oh god... *imagines lines to event*

Even though he's not Japanese, I've been very surprised we havent seen Vic at Kumoricon who does Ed's voice in FMA. I know he's been to lots of cons and SakuraCon a bunch of times.

Out of curiosity... I didn't make it to the reunion panel as I just heard of it as it was ending, but what happened to Bakazoku? I have been looking forward to attending their uncensored pannel since 2006 cause in 2008 I'll be 18. (FINALLY!!!)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 04:01:15 am by kimiski »

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2007, 04:48:56 am »
Being new to attending conventions, I'm unsure if this is something so obvious it's not said, or exactly the point.  However, It would probably be nice, from an operational standpoint, if any guests we invite know enough of the local language to not require a translator in cases of emergencies, asking for help with something, or ordering dinner.  It would really be nice if I knew Japanese, but at the moment I'm about a fluent in  it as a babbling baby (well maybe a TINY Bit past there, but only a few phrases that are EXTREMELY common in Anime, which are probably quite rude).
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline Cpl. Slicks

• Cabbit
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2007, 09:37:24 pm »
Being new to attending conventions, I'm unsure if this is something so obvious it's not said, or exactly the point.  However, It would probably be nice, from an operational standpoint, if any guests we invite know enough of the local language to not require a translator in cases of emergencies, asking for help with something, or ordering dinner.  It would really be nice if I knew Japanese, but at the moment I'm about a fluent in  it as a babbling baby (well maybe a TINY Bit past there, but only a few phrases that are EXTREMELY common in Anime, which are probably quite rude).

Every Guest is assigned a Guest Liaison. I actually had a Japanese translator on staff last year. She was assigned to an American Guest, but her normal role at Sakura-Con is to be a liaison for Japanese GoHs, so if we do get a J-guest, we'll be covered on that front.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 09:46:26 pm by Cpl. Slicks »

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2007, 03:59:42 pm »
Mike and I talked about one possible guest idea, but I don't know if he got a chance to mention it to you yet. 

Jason Thompson just put out a book called The Complete Guide To Manga.  In it, he reviews over 900 manga titles.  I saw him at the Del Rey panel at Comic Con and he was alot of fun.  The audience was invited to test his knowledge of manga, and he easily answered the most difficult questions the audience could come up with. 

Anyway, he made for a fun and interesting panelist and people with new books are often interested in promoting them :)
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline Dustin H

• Cabbit
    • http://www.myspace.com/dustinph
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2007, 05:16:17 pm »
akira yamaoka

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2007, 10:20:09 pm »
Voice actors!

Ideally, I'd like to see Jamieson Price (who I vote for every time a topic like this comes up). He's got the best reads I've ever heard, and this great natural voice. He's been in everything from Digimon to Bobobo to Advent Children/DoC to Cowboy Bebop.

I interviewed him once for a web site, and he was very nice and personable.

I also second Jamieson Price as well as Laura Bailey, Chris Patton, and Jason Thompson!

As for new guests, lets see.......

Japanese Guests:
    - Nobuhiro Watsuki : (Creator behind Rurouni Kenshin and Buso Renkin)

- Megumi Ogata : (seiryu behind: Kurama (Yu Yu Hakusho), Harpuia (Megaman Zero), Shinji Ikari (Neon Genesis Evangelion), Haruka Tenoh/Sailor Uranus (Sailor Moon), and Yukito Tsukishiro (Cardcaptor Sakura)

- Akira Ishida : (seiryu behind: Kaworu Nagisa (Evangelion), Chrono (Chrono Crusade), Cho-Hakkai (Saiyuki), Xelloss Metallium (Slayers)

- Yuu Watase: (creator of Fushigi Yugi)

American voice actors:

- Dave Wittenberg: (Kakashi Hatake: Naruto), (Parco Fulgore: Zatch-Bell!), (Henry Wong: Digimon Tamers)

- Alison Keith: (Melissa Mao: Full Metal Panic!), (Misato Katsuragi: Neon Genesis Evangelion), (Nuku Nuku: All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku)

- Kate Higgins: (Sakura Haruno: Naruto), (Taiho: Eureka Seven), (Megumi Oumi: Zatch-Bell!)

- Wendee Lee: (Faye Valentine: Cowboy Bebop), (Tatsuki Arisawa: Bleach), (Haruhi Suzumiya: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya), (Yahiko Myojin: Rurouni Kenshin), (T.K. Takaishi: Digimon), (Yui Hongo: Fushigi Yugi)

- Steven Blum: (Spike Spiegel: Cowboy Bebop), (Shishio Makoto: Rurouni Kenshin), (Orochimaru: Naruto), (Vincent Valentine: Final Fantasy VII Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII), (J.P. Shibayama: Digimon Frontier), (Mugen: Samurai Champloo), (Eikichi Onizuka: Great Teacher Onizuka), (Roger Smith: The Big O)

- Jennifer Sekiguchi(Stephanie Sheh): (Hinata Hyuga: Naruto), (Orihime Inoue: Bleach), (Eureka: Eureka Seven), (Mamimi Samejima: FLCL), (Aya Natsume: Tenjho Tenge)

- Bridget Hoffman: Miaka Yuki: (Fushigi Yugi), Jeri Katou: (Digimon Tamers), Shinobu Maehara: (Love Hina), Lain Iwakura: (Serial Esperiments Lain), Mizuho Kazami: (Please Teacher!/Please Twins!)

- Hillary Haag: (Tessa Testarossa: Full Metal Panic!), (Rosette Christopher: Chrono Crusade), (Satsuki Miyanoshita: Ghost Stories)

- Greg Ayres: (Kaworu Nagisa: Neon Genesis Evangelion), (Negi Springfield: Negima), (Chrono: Chrono Crusade), (Satoshi Hiwatari: D.N. Angel), (Leo Kakinoki: Ghost Stories)

- Philece Sampler (Vicky Green): Mimi Tachikawa/Cody Hida: (Digimon), Misao Makimachi: (Rurouni Kenshin), Yuzuriha Nekoi: (X/1999 (TV version), Beauty: (Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo)

- Quinton Flynn: (Axel: Kingdom Hearts II), (Kon: Bleach), (Iruka Umino: Naruto)

- Kelly Sheridan: (Ukyo Kounji: Ranma 1/2), (Sango: Inu-Yasha), (Hitomi Kanzaki: Vision of Escaflowne)

- Mary Elizabeth McGlynn: (Nuriko: Fushigi Yuugi), (Kurenai Yuhi: Naruto), (Major Motoko Kusanagi: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex), (Julia: Cowboy Bebop)

- Daran Norris: (Tasuki: Fushigi Yuugi), (Mercurymon: Digimon Frontier), (Vincent Volaju: Cowboy Bebop the Movie: Knockin on Heaven’s Door), (Dark Schneider: Bastard!!)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daran_Norris

- Monica Rial: (Sakura: Reservoir Chronicle Tsubasa), (Lumiere: Kiddy Grade), (Kyoko Tokiwa: Full Metal Panic), (Lyra/Dante: Fullmetal Alchemist), (Jo: Burst Angel), (Hyatt: Excel Saga), (Momoko Koigakubo: Ghost Stories)

- Christine Auten: (Izumi Curtis: Fullmetal Alchemist), (Sakaki: Azumanga Daioh), (Priss Asagiri: Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040), (Keishirou Miyanoshita: Ghost Stories)

I understand if this is too long and complicated to invite most of these people to next year's Kumoricon, but hey I did my best.  :P
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 11:06:57 pm by Manganix78 »

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2007, 04:44:33 pm »

-Hayao Miyazaki!!
That would be cool.

- Tiffany Grant [I know she attended I think, two years back?]
Yeah, she was at 2006, but a good one.

- Spike Spencer [Getting an Evangelion theme going, hah]
- Yeah, I'd like to see him again.  He's was fun up at Sakura-con.  Plus a friend of mine says I looked like him before I dyed my hair black.

I would love to have him!  He did Zelgadis from Slayers!

I know Otakon in 2001 got Midorikawa Hikaru to attend! He's a ridiculiously famous Seiyuu. (Tahaome from Fushigi Yugi, Zelgaids from Slayers, Silva from Shaman King, Lin from Cowboy Bebop, Mikage from Utena, Keiichiro Akasaka from Tokyo Mew Mew, Arashi from Naruto, and the list goes on and on.
Totally agree!

I would LOVE to have my absolute Idol there... @.@ I don't even know if any con has got her to come to America, thats Megumi Hayashibara, who is equally if not more famous then Midorikawa. She's a singer and a Seiyuu. (Momiji from Blue Seed, Raye from Evangelion, Lina from Slayers, Kitty from Hello Kitty, Female Ranma from Ranma 1/2, Nam from Bubblegum Crisis, Ai from Video Girl Ai, ect ect on and on.... )
She MUST be our top priority!!!

Every Guest is assigned a Guest Liaison. I actually had a Japanese translator on staff last year. She was assigned to an American Guest, but her normal role at Sakura-Con is to be a liaison for Japanese GoHs, so if we do get a J-guest, we'll be covered on that front.
I was the liaison for Tiffany Grant & Piano Squall in '06.  It was a freakin' blast!  Depending on who we get this year, I might wanna sign up for it again.

- Wendee Lee: (Faye Valentine: Cowboy Bebop), (Tatsuki Arisawa: Bleach), (Haruhi Suzumiya: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya), (Yahiko Myojin: Rurouni Kenshin), (T.K. Takaishi: Digimon), (Yui Hongo: Fushigi Yugi)
She would be a good one.  If I'm not mistaken, she also did the voice for Anasthesia from Rumble Roses.  Fun game, retarded storylines (like real pro-wrestling).

- Kelly Sheridan: (Ukyo Kounji: Ranma 1/2)
I love you for this suggestion.

- Monica Rial: (Sakura: Reservoir Chronicle Tsubasa), (Lumiere: Kiddy Grade), (Kyoko Tokiwa: Full Metal Panic), (Lyra/Dante: Fullmetal Alchemist), (Jo: Burst Angel), (Hyatt: Excel Saga), (Momoko Koigakubo: Ghost Stories)
Met her at Sakura-con.  She's a peach.  We should try for her, as well!

What about Kira Vincent Davis?  I loved Elfen Leid.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2007, 05:10:07 pm »
*dont worry i knowz i is dreaming*
gackt, l`arc'n ciel, and orange range

gackts a streach as an anime thing but laruku and orange range bother have lots of anime sound tracks under they're belts

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2007, 06:45:29 pm »
I know I'm dreaming with my thought, but since there's a fair number of us who cosplay from video games, I'd like to see Mr. Nintendo himself, Shigeru Miyamoto.  Or Mr. Nintendo music boy, Koji Kondo.
"Now I'll show you how real vampires do battle!"

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2007, 09:11:41 pm »
I'd really like to see Moi dix Mois come out here, though I know that is so very beyond feasible reach. So I would also think it awesome to have Johnny Yong Bosch (voice actor as Vash, Kaneda, Kiba, etc.) come out.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2007, 08:35:27 pm »
Ooh, Cynthia Martinez would be cool, too!  She played Lina Inverse in the OVA's with ADV.  I don't care what anyone says, she did MUCH better as a Lina than Lisa Ortiz.

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2007, 09:42:08 pm »
Ooh, Cynthia Martinez would be cool, too!  She played Lina Inverse in the OVA's with ADV.  I don't care what anyone says, she did MUCH better as a Lina than Lisa Ortiz.

Really? Did'nt know that, but hey, there's a lot of stuff I don't know about.

Thanks for commenting about Monica Rial! Her voice really gives off a funny, yet mature sound to me. In fact, she was the one that turned me onto the "Ghost Stories" series and boy, was it ever funny as hell!!

As for any other guests that I would like to see (IF any of them actually do) attend.......

- Eiichiro Oda (creator of One-Piece)

- Richard Epcar: Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo: (Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo), Batou: (Ghost in the Shell: SAC), Mitsukake: (Fushigi Yugi), Etemon/Myotismon: (Digimon), Xehanort: (Kingdom Hearts II)

- Richard Cansino: Kenshin Himura: (Rurouni Kenshin), Legato Bluesummers: (Trigun)

- Maddie Blaustein: (Sartorius:Yu-gi-oh! GX), (Meowth: Pokemon(seasons 1-8)

- Richard Cox: (Inuyasha: Inu-yasha), (Ranma Saotome(male): Ranma ½)

- Dorothy Fahn: Kaoru Kamiya(Rurouni Kenshin), Meryl Stryfe(Trigun), Naru Narusegawa(Love Hina)

- Ai Yazawa: (Revolutionary artist of modern-day shoujo manga such as: Paradise Kiss and Nana)

- Laura Bailey: (Lust: Fullmetal Alchemist), (Tohru Honda: Fruits Basket), (Shin-chan: Crayon Shin-chan), (Sana Kurata: Kodocha)

- Victoria Harwood: (Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing: Hellsing Ultimate)

- Rachael Lillis: (Misty, Jessie: Pokemon seasons 1-8), (Kanako Ohno: Genshiken)

- Maile Flanagan: Naruto Uzumaki(Naruto)

- Tomokazu Seki: Moon Face, Hiwatari Sekima(Buso Renkin), Domon Kasshu(G-Gundam), Kyo Sohma(Fruits Basket), Pierrot Bolneze(Yakitate! Japan), Nobuo Terashima(NANA), Shuichi Shindou(Gravitation), Soichiro Tanaka(Genshiken), Sousuke Sagara (Full Metal Panic!), Toya Kinomoto(Cardcaptor Sakura)

- Puffy Amiyumi

- Hyde(Lead singer of L Arc en Ciel)

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2007, 11:47:20 pm »

She would be awesome, but I get the feeling some people may be jerks about her. But I'd be all for it--she's been relatively active on some Pokemon fan sites over the past year.

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2007, 12:11:26 am »

She would be awesome, but I get the feeling some people may be jerks about her. But I'd be all for it--she's been relatively active on some Pokemon fan sites over the past year.

Really? Then I guess you would probably like to see:

- Eric Stuart: (Brock, James: Pokemon(seasons 1-8), (Seto Kaiba:Yu-gi-oh!)
- Joshua Seth: (Tai Kamiya: Digimon), (Tetsuo Shima: Akira)

I would've suggested Derek Stephen Prince(Ken Ichijoji, Veemon:Digimon), (Arashi:Paradise Kiss), (Shino Aburame: Naruto), (Impmon, Beelzamon: Digimon Tamers), (Keitaro Urashima: Love Hina), but he's already registered as a guest for next year's Sakuracon.

You didn't notice that the original dub voice actress for Jessie was there?

Also, you did know that some of the voice actors(Wendee Lee, Steven Blum, Philece Sampler, etc) that I listed before have done a lot of voices for all five seasons of Digimon, right?

Let me know if there's any other voice actors you would like to meet!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 11:09:45 pm by Manganix78 »

Offline CardCaptorConnor-EX

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2007, 09:14:38 pm »
Some people I'm interested in...:
Svetlana Chmakova wrote "Dramacon" an awesome OEL Manga published by Tokyopop.  I 'think' she's been to other cons before.

If we got Johnny Young Bosch, that would be so awesome!  He voiced Vash from Trigun and Itsuki from Haruhi Suzumiya.
I also second Laura Bailey, because I am obsessed with Kodocha! XD 

Uh, I know it ain't happening, but Hayao Miyazaki.  That would be so freaking awesome I cannot even begin to descibe (not to mention, we'd be his first con!  We'd proabably get like a bajillion people.)
Watashi wa iroppoi wo motekuru.

But you probably already knew that.

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2007, 11:50:41 pm »
Some people I'm interested in...:
Svetlana Chmakova wrote "Dramacon" an awesome OEL Manga published by Tokyopop.  I 'think' she's been to other cons before.

If we got Johnny Young Bosch, that would be so awesome!  He voiced Vash from Trigun and Itsuki from Haruhi Suzumiya.
I also second Laura Bailey, because I am obsessed with Kodocha! XD 

Uh, I know it ain't happening, but Hayao Miyazaki.  That would be so freaking awesome I cannot even begin to descibe (not to mention, we'd be his first con!  We'd proabably get like a bajillion people.)

I'll also second Johnny Young Bosch!!

Yet some more people I'd like to see:

- T.M. Revolution

- Takeshi Obata: (Hey, he’s the creator of the uber-famous Death-Note series, after all.)

- Kikuko Inoue: (Kasumi Tendo:Ranma 1/2), (Belldandy: Oh My Goddess!), (I-no: Guilty Gear), (Rune Venus: El Hazard), (Mizuho Kazami: Onegai Teacher)

- Chuck Huber: (Hiei: Yu Yu Hakusho), (Android 17: Dragonball Z), (Shou Tucker: Fullmetal Alchemist)

- Romi Paku: (Nana Osaki:NANA), (Tao Ren: Shaman King), (Edward Elric: Fullmetal Alchemist), (Temari:Naruto)

- Luci Christian: (Wrath: Fullmetal Alchemist), (Kaname Chidori: Full Metal Panic!), (Nami: One Piece(Funimation version)

- Eric Vale: (Zolf J. Kimblee: Fullmetal Alchemist), (Sanji: One Piece(Funimation version), (Trunks: Dragonball Z)

- Colleen Clinkenbeard: (Eclair: Kiddy Grade), (Monkey D. Luffy: One Piece(Funimation version), (Riza Hawkeye: Fullmetal Alchemist)

- Sonny Strait: (Maes Hughes: Fullmetal Alchemist), (Usopp: One Piece(Funimation version), (Krillin: Dragonball Z)

- Christopher Sabat: (Vegeta, Yamcha, Piccolo: Dragonball Z), (Roronoa Zoro: One Piece(Funimation version), (Kurogane: Reservoir Chronicle Tsubasa)

- Tara Platt: (Temari: Naruto), (Reina: Rave Master)

- Yuri Lowenthal: (Sasuke Uchiha: Naruto)

- Wendy Powell: (Envy:Fullmetal Alchemist)

If any of you are able to get any(or some) of these people to attend next year, that would be fantastic!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2007, 12:02:09 pm »

Thanks for commenting about Monica Rial! Her voice really gives off a funny, yet mature sound to me. In fact, she was the one that turned me onto the "Ghost Stories" series and boy, was it ever funny as hell!!

- Richard Cox: (Inuyasha: Inu-yasha), (Ranma Saotome(male): Ranma ½)

Hey, no problem.

OMG, I can't believe I forgot about Richard Cox!!  Yes, we should aim for him, as well!

Offline Zenn

• Chibi
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2007, 01:46:16 pm »
I went with Web comic author. gotta try and get Fred Gallagher. Creator of megatokyo.
2008 Kumoricon costumes:

Cap'n Power(Applegeeks)...maybe
Mousse(Ranma ½)

Offline Nanao_chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2007, 05:54:05 pm »
Anybody actually thought about Amanda Winn Lee?

She's done so much stuff, directed a few anime and a lot of voice acting. She's worked with Tiffany Grant on Evangelion, and played Momiji on Blue Seed. I would post everything, but I'm tired. Hope someone else knows who she is (if you don't, I'm gonna cry)
-----------------------------
The Random Panel of Doom: More adults than you can shake some pocky at.
(RPoD Panelist 2008-2014)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2007, 10:10:41 pm »
If I recall correctly, Amanda Winn Lee is no longer with ADV.  I think she quit.  I may be remembering what Tiffany Grant told me incorrectly, but I think that's what she said.

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2008, 01:14:35 am »
I went with Web comic author. gotta try and get Fred Gallagher. Creator of megatokyo.

I agree with you there!

For my possible final request for guests I would like to see at this year's convention:

- Kappei Yamaguchi: L. Lawliet (Death Note(anime), Usopp(One Piece), Ranma Saotome(male) (Ranma 1/2), Inu-yasha(Inu-Yasha), Daitokuji-sensei/Amnael (Yugioh! GX), Ryuichi Sakuma (Gravitation), Sai Saici (G-Gundam), Shinichi Kudo/Jimmy Kudo (Detective Conan/Case Closed)

- Philece Sampler (Vicky Green):Mimi Tachikawa/Cody Hida: (Digimon), Misao Makimachi: (Rurouni Kenshin), Yuzuriha Nekoi: (X/1999 (TV version), Beauty: (Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo)

- Megumi Hayashibara: Rei Ayanami (Neon Genesis Evangelion), Ranma Saotome(female) (Ranma 1/2), Lina Inverse (Slayers), Faye Valentine (Cowboy Bebop), Musashi/Jessie (Pokemon), Tira misu(Sorcerer Hunters), Anna Kyoyama (Shaman King), Atsuko Natsume(All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku), Pai (3x3 Eyes), Momiji Fujimiya (Blue Seed)

Over the past few weeks, I've been busy figuring out which guests would be ideal for this year's convention and I've finally have them put into a list......

The Japanese Guests:

- Eiichiro Oda
- Nobuhiro Watsuki
- Ai Yazawa
- Akira Ishida
- Megumi Hayashibara
- Kikuko Inoue
- Tomokazu Seki
- Romi Paku
- Megumi Ogata

and for the American voice actors.......:

- Philece Sampler
- Bridget Hoffman
- Wendee Lee
- Dave Wittenberg
- Kate Higgins
- Mary Elizabeth McGlynn and her husband Daran Norris
- Jamieson Price
- Hillary Haag
- Monica Rial
- Greg Ayres
- Christine Auten
- Luci Christian
- Yuri Lowenthal and his wife Tara Platt
- Laura Bailey
- Steven Blum
- Sonny Strait
- Rachael Lillis
- Maddie Blaustein
- Eric Stuart
- Richard Cansino
- Dorothy Fahn
- Richard Cox
- Kelly Sheridan
- Quinton Flynn
- Jennifer Sekiguchi

I know, I know there's too many people listed for the dub voice actor section, but c'mon! It's so hard to figure who should attend this year and next year, so try to see if any of you can squeeze in some of these people before the convention gets underway!  :(
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 01:36:52 am by Manganix78 »

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2008, 11:53:41 pm »
My votes:

Orange Range
Steven Blum
Wendee Lee
Fred Gallagher
SamBakZa

Some of them my not be possible, but they'd sure rawk! ^^
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2008, 12:07:43 pm »
...gackt?

Offline Zenn

• Chibi
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2008, 02:58:28 pm »
now that i saw the guest list for 07, i realised i missed Hawk and Ananth... so here are 2 more to my votes:

Mohammed F. Haque
Ananth Panagariya
2008 Kumoricon costumes:

Cap'n Power(Applegeeks)...maybe
Mousse(Ranma ½)

Offline Nanao_chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2008, 05:45:15 pm »
...gackt?

Almost impossible unfortunately. He's so famous so it would be harder to get him over here.

Offline Rai180990648

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2008, 07:16:11 pm »
I know this might be impossible...but maybe Kaori Yuki?(She did Godchild and Angel Sanctuary)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2008, 11:32:16 pm »
In addition to the previous Japanese bands I stated, I think it would be awesome (and way more realistic) if we could get Svetlana Chmakova to attend Kumoricon '08. She is the creator of DramaCon and, even though there are other artists and manga-ka with more extensive comic lists, I can't think of a comic or manga-ka more fitting for Kumoricon than DramaCon. ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline cupcake_abuser_zooshi

• Sailor Scout
    • My DA
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2008, 01:34:44 pm »
I personally would LOVE to see Joshua Seth again.
He is one of my all time favorite people.

But I like seeing just about any voice actor though. I love to hear their stories and their tips and methods and such.

And it would be amazing, but nearly impossible, to see The Pillows.
Yeah...keep dreaming, me.... XD

Offline Nroseseeer

• Cabbit
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2008, 05:11:46 pm »
my vote for a webcomic artist is Mookie who does Dominic Deegan, but I don't know what the possibility of it is because he does a fair number of conventions on the east side...

http://www.dominic-deegan.com/

The guys at Applegeeks were really cool to have as guest.
"nothing is ever fool proof because fools are so ingenious..."
-anonymous

2007 Cos-play Stage Ninja
2008 Stage Manager/Ninja, Panelist
2009 Stage Manager, Charity Auction Manager

Offline Mirithespazz

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2008, 05:23:27 pm »
In addition to the previous Japanese bands I stated, I think it would be awesome (and way more realistic) if we could get Svetlana Chmakova to attend Kumoricon '08. She is the creator of DramaCon and, even though there are other artists and manga-ka with more extensive comic lists, I can't think of a comic or manga-ka more fitting for Kumoricon than DramaCon. ^_^

I second the Svetlana Chmakova. That would be awesome

The guys at Applegeeks were really cool to have as guest.

Applegeeks was amazing, I was so excited to meet them  :D
Kumoricon 08
- AC Yuffie

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2008, 06:53:14 pm »

I... third it. xD
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2008, 09:11:30 pm »

I... third it. xD
I can't help it, I love Dramacon, so thirded again. xD
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 09:20:44 pm by CatchxMe »

Offline risotto

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2008, 09:20:11 pm »
^^ I fourth Svetlana Chmakova. I'd like to have an art workshop with her :3

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2008, 10:09:15 pm »
Yay, everyone who echoed my post should go to her website www.svetlania.com and send her letters/comments/etc letting her know how much you love her work and would like her to come out. She said (in a FAQ) that she loves attending cons if she can get the time off work. So yeah, yay for Ms. Chmakova. ^_^
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 04:04:27 pm by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2008, 10:47:29 am »
Yay, everyone who echoed my post should go to her website www.svatlania.com and send her letters/comments/etc letting her know how much you love her work and would like her to come out. She said (in a FAQ) that she loves attending cons if she can get the time off work. So yeah, yay for Ms. Chmakova. ^_^
*Prays*
Please don't come until '09.  Please don't come until '09.  Or if she does come this year, please come back in '09.
(I come back to Oregon in '09)

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2008, 08:09:16 pm »
I would love to see Crispin Freeman there.  He's my all time favorite voice actor. 

Offline Simon Young

• Chibi
    • The Slants
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2008, 09:06:41 am »
I would love to see Crispin Freeman there.  He's my all time favorite voice actor. 

Crispin's a cool guy, we worked with him down in CA and he's really genuine and nice. He even sang the One Piece theme song for opening ceremonies and sprayed some kids with silly string.

Offline GirlyAnimeGirl

• Oni
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2008, 12:04:34 pm »
I am wanting SO BAD to meet Aaron Dismuke! He does the voice of Alphonse Elric from FullMetal Alchemist! If someone could get him to go that would be the best!!

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2008, 09:01:21 pm »
I am wanting SO BAD to meet Aaron Dismuke! He does the voice of Alphonse Elric from FullMetal Alchemist! If someone could get him to go that would be the best!!

Aaron doesn't seem to enjoy the cons that much.  Or not as much as the other voice actors.  It seems everytime I see him he's like 'eh I like being here' but he always seems distant to me.  It's probably just what I think but that's what it seems like to me.

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2008, 01:33:01 am »
Since this year's Sakuracon has come and gone already, their are those who have lots of memories of what went on this year and those of us who did'nt get a chance to go. Here, I'm going to try and raise most of their hopes up who could'nt come by requesting.......
- Rachael Lillis http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachael_Lillis
- Eric Stuart http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Stuart
- Maddie Blaustein http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maddie_Blaustein
- Yuri Lowenthal http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuri_Lowenthal and his wife Tara Platt http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tara_Platt
- Spike Spencer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spike_Spencer
- Richard Ian Cox http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Ian_Cox
- Kelly Sheridan http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelly_Sheridan
- Crispin Freeman http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crispin_Freeman
- Laura Bailey http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Bailey_%28voice_actress%29
- Philece Sampler http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philece_Sampler
- Lucy Christian http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luci_Christian
- Wendee Lee http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendee_Lee
- Jamieson Price http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamieson_Price
- Mary Elizabeth McGlynn http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Elizabeth_McGlynn and her husband Daran Norris http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daran_Norris
- Dave Wittenburg http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Wittenberg
- Kate Higgins http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate_Higgins
- Derek Stephen Prince http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_Stephen_Prince
- Chris Patton http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Patton
- Monica Rial http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monica_Rial
- Greg Ayres http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Ayres
- Hillary Haag http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Haag
- Colleen Clinkenbeard http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colleen_Clinkenbeard
- Steven Blum http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Blum
- Tomokazu Sekihttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomokazu_Seki
- Megumi Ogatahttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megumi_Ogata
- Kappei Yamaguchi http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kappei_Yamaguchi
- Nobuhiro Watsuki
- Akira Ishida http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akira_Ishida
- Eiichiro Oda

I don't really mind if it's too late for posting requests, I just wanted to see if it's still possible to get some of them to come to this year's Kumoricon.....

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2008, 10:13:54 pm »
Since this year's Sakuracon has come and gone already, their are those who have lots of memories of what went on this year and those of us who did'nt get a chance to go. Here, I'm going to try and raise most of their hopes up who could'nt come by requesting.......
- Rachael Lillis http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachael_Lillis
- Eric Stuart http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Stuart
- Maddie Blaustein http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maddie_Blaustein
- Yuri Lowenthal http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuri_Lowenthal and his wife Tara Platt http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tara_Platt
- Spike Spencer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spike_Spencer
- Richard Ian Cox http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Ian_Cox
- Kelly Sheridan http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelly_Sheridan
- Crispin Freeman http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crispin_Freeman
- Laura Bailey http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Bailey_%28voice_actress%29
- Philece Sampler http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philece_Sampler
- Lucy Christian http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luci_Christian
- Wendee Lee http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendee_Lee
- Jamieson Price http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamieson_Price
- Mary Elizabeth McGlynn http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Elizabeth_McGlynn and her husband Daran Norris http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daran_Norris
- Dave Wittenburg http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Wittenberg
- Kate Higgins http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate_Higgins
- Derek Stephen Prince http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_Stephen_Prince
- Chris Patton http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Patton
- Monica Rial http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monica_Rial
- Greg Ayres http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Ayres
- Hillary Haag http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Haag
- Colleen Clinkenbeard http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colleen_Clinkenbeard
- Steven Blum http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Blum
- Tomokazu Sekihttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomokazu_Seki
- Megumi Ogatahttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megumi_Ogata
- Kappei Yamaguchi http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kappei_Yamaguchi
- Nobuhiro Watsuki
- Akira Ishida http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akira_Ishida
- Eiichiro Oda

I don't really mind if it's too late for posting requests, I just wanted to see if it's still possible to get some of them to come to this year's Kumoricon.....

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2008, 10:30:30 pm »
I'd love it if we could get Brad Swaile to come. He's the dub voice actor for Light in Death Note. Seriously. Think about it. "I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!!". Plus I've heard he was great at Anime Boston, and is great with fans. I think he'd be fun. ^^
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 10:31:19 pm by Shadow »

Like TDS? Become a fan on facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/thedeppsquad

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2008, 10:52:31 am »
I think that anyone who has been a guest for Sakuracon is already 10-20% more likely to be at Kumoricon since a lot of our staff have connections there.

Also, please do not Quote For Truth that big, just take a selection of their post. Also, add a QFT for the noobs.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2008, 11:31:47 pm »
That wasn't a QFT. He quoted his OWN POST, not even a day after he initially posted it.

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2008, 09:34:08 am »
That wasn't a QFT. He quoted his OWN POST, not even a day after he initially posted it.

Yeah, I know about that and I'm sorry, ok? It just happened by accident while I was trying to edit my post.

Offline Nanao_chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2008, 10:54:37 pm »
I'm pretty sure this was mentioned somewhere in the vast pages before hand, but any thought to bringing the artists of VG Cats down here? That would be awesome.

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2008, 05:22:38 pm »
Thores Shibamoto. If Thores came, I would probably do more happy dances than the time I got Crisis Core and the time I got Dirge of Cerberus COMBINED.

Other than that? Quinton Flynn and Crispin Freeman. I would just about die of happiness right there.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2008, 12:53:26 pm »
Get someone from Studio Ghibli out here and I will smile, even if it's just a janitor or something.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2008, 02:32:38 pm »
I was thinking about Tara Strong.  She's been doing voice acting since the early 80's with stuff like Rainbow Brite & Pound Puppies, to stuff nowadays like Princess Mononoke (as Kaya), PowerPuff Girls (as Bubbles), The Fairly Odd Parents (as Timmy), Sailor Moon (not sure as who), Sushi Pack (as the Tuna piece), Xiaolin Showdown (as Omi), Kingdom Hearts II (as Rikku), The Boondocks, and TMNT.

Here's the link to her wikipedia page. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tara_Strong
And her personal website. - http://www.tarastrong.com/

Also, I have her on my myspace buddy list.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 02:33:39 pm by Washougal_Otaku »

Offline vineboy33

• Cabbit
    • Oregon J-Rock fan page
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2008, 12:13:29 pm »
Anything japanese rock
I would love to see a real japanese rock band play in Oregon ^_^
Big names I like are An cafe, versailles, LM.C, Sug,mix speakers inc,
Small bands like Danger Gang, Watashime slug, Aicle, kaya, masquerade, eremia and many more would be great to have come play for us in Oregon ^_^ Or meet ^_^
NYAPPY

oslapedo

« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2008, 06:23:33 pm »
Anyone from Funi would be ultimate love  :) Chris Sabat especially would make me explode from awesome. My favorite roles of his include Zoro from One Piece, Armstrong from from FMA, Ayame from Furuba, Vegeta AND Piccolo from DBZ, and now Kasanoda from Ouran. He is my Kami Sama  ;D

But pretty much I'm pumped for anyone. I'm uber excited that Kirk Thornton will be there. I want him to sign my vol. 2 of the Samurai Champloo manga, the one with Jin on the cover  ;D