Author Topic: Tsubu Tsubu Chestnut Pocky! Pocky Club Needs, Maybe?  (Read 2758 times)

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
Tsubu Tsubu Chestnut Pocky! Pocky Club Needs, Maybe?
« on: October 03, 2007, 04:20:57 pm »
Ok, so I found this site: http://www.jbox.com/SNACKS/ and they have something called Tsubu Tsubu Chestnut Pocky. For $2.40 you get 4 packs of 6. If the Pocky Club needs this or some other flavors, I would strongly suggest looking here. No idea how much shipping is yet.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Re: Tsubu Tsubu Chestnut Pocky! Pocky Club Needs, Maybe?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 05:12:30 pm »
Ok, so I found this site: http://www.jbox.com/SNACKS/ and they have something called Tsubu Tsubu Chestnut Pocky. For $2.40 you get 4 packs of 6. If the Pocky Club needs this or some other flavors, I would strongly suggest looking here. No idea how much shipping is yet.

Yes, the club does indeed need that flavor.

The new flavors are always announce on glico's official pocky site, but I find buying most things online impersonal and almost cheating. I'd prefer to travel to Uwajimaya or another out of the way store to buy the Pocky in person. Or if that fails, get it from someone that has.

Most online sites are for mass orders and I don't want to be stuck with a case of Pocky that nobody likes.

Among the the other new flavors are the marble varieties and Milk. Pocky club will be getting a full announcement of these after I write up the newsletter for the elections. I might make a special order for Christmas time if the variety on the store shelves doesn't change soon.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 06:41:11 pm »
some time before chris and i are gonna drive up to seattle we will have to look for pocky
tho chestnuts no taste good

after i brought a bag to a meeting, people no longer trusted random snackage
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 06:23:51 am »
Okay! ^.^ I might have to think about trying for myself, though. I live a little too far away for Uwajimaya, and I've only had Strawberry and Chocolate so far...

Seeing as the Pocky Club doesn't need this [well, they don't want to cheat :p...], maybe some independant Pocky addicts could take a look see.

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 06:39:37 am »
I like chestnuts.  :D

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 09:14:50 am »
I like chestnuts.  :D

Well If I'd known that then it would've been worth the breach in my usual ethics to order it online if I could get it here by next week.

Too bad I'm out of cash until the 13th. :-\
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline gemineye42

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007, 09:16:01 am »
There's a funky little deli right next to the convention center in Bellevue, WA, that has the largest assortment of pocky I've ever seen. A nice asian couple runs it, sort of like a convenience store with a deli and pocky. If you're there, try to find it! Right next to the convention center. =)
I can has cheezburger?

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
    • An LJ that DOESN'T have locked entries?!
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2007, 07:29:27 pm »
There's a funky little deli right next to the convention center in Bellevue, WA, that has the largest assortment of pocky I've ever seen. A nice asian couple runs it, sort of like a convenience store with a deli and pocky. If you're there, try to find it! Right next to the convention center. =)

Oh my goodness, do you know what the store is called? I'm in bellevue all the time!
Anakin, you're breaking my heart if you don't come to "I'd Just as Soon Kiss a Wookiee: A Star Wars Panel" at Kumoricon!