Author Topic: a declaration  (Read 2412 times)

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
    • Its a fan page, do the liking
a declaration
« on: September 30, 2007, 12:45:59 pm »
so in gov't we have to come up with a declaration, a new one. i think its towards the school but we weren't given high instrtuctions.
patrick you can probaly come up with the dress code stuff, but i'm drawing a real blank.
we have to have things we declare to have the right to, and then a really long explanation between for our rights.
if you guys can help on this project that would be great, oh and ino its not cheatinfg bc this is a group project and i got permission to do it with ppl outside of class.
(i didn't get grouped up with anyone) :(
so any rights you think we the convention ppl should have, yes i've decided to add a twist to my declaration.

(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
Re: a declaration
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 01:39:05 pm »
Thinking about this topic, it seems like one better suited to the "Why is the rum always gone?" forum.  However as I want to add more information content then that, and am not a moderator at the moment...

Declarations are based on the idea that you start with no rights, and are given them.  I'd argue declarations implicitly demand a control structure of some kind unless stated otherwise.  Self-organising systems tend to be more stable over time, and more adaptable to changes in environments, though their behaviour at any given time could shift radically.

The project, being to write declarations, forces you to choose that.  If I were faced with this assignment I'd produce a version which could be applied in the most generic set of circumstances possible.  Given the topics that Anime/Manga covers, I'd want it to also be applicable to aliens, time travellers, genetic experiments.  In short anything that is capable of what we consider rational thought.  (You may also want to produce a subset of rights for things not capable of rational thought, small children, pets, wild animals.)  It should still be applicable regardless of the scope unless there are overwhelming reasons to deny some rules.  An excellent quote if I can find it... Click here, then search the page (ctrl+f) for 'security'
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 06:24:49 am »
This is a serious question, if it's for an actual school project then it can be left in general discussion. It just needs to be answered like its not spam, if people get too silly then yes, it will be moved.

Anime fans rights? I that what you wanted?

Fans have the right to choose between subbed and dubbed.
Fans have the right to more than two flavors of Pocky.
Fans have the right to be entertained even while waiting in line.
Fans have the right to glomp anybody who wants to be glomped.
Fans have the right to wear masks if their cosplay character has a mask.

That the sort of thing you wanted? I'll work up more if it's in the right direction for you.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 12:31:19 pm »
for instructions she gave us a paper that had the declaration of sentiments
which is on woments rights, so really she gave us an example. there is a page and a half of sentiments and 1/3 a page on resolutions..i think every paragraph is triple spaced from the next.
small portion of example:

he has never permitted her to exercise her inalienable right to the elective franchise.

he has complelled her to sumit to law in the formation of which she had no voice,

he made  her, if, married, in the eye of the law civilly dead.

he has raken from her all right in property, even wages she earns.

he has unsurped the perogative of jehova himself, claiming it as his right to assign for her a sphere of action, when that belongs to her conscience and to her god.

resolution ex:(there's only 3 paragraphs on this)

whereas, the great precept of natur is conceded to be that "man shall pursue his own true and substantial happiness." Blackstone in his commentaries remarks that this law of nature, being coeval with mankind and dictated by God himself, is, of course, superior in obligation to any other. It is binnding over all globe, in all countries and at all times; no human laws are of and validity if contrary to this and such of them as are valid derive all their force, and all their validy, and all their authority, mediately and immediately, from this original; therefore,

resovled, that the speedy success of our cause depends upon the zealous and untiring efforts of both men and women an equal participation with men in the various trades, professions, and commerce.
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 01:55:50 pm »
Wait so you want declarations of wrongs that have been inflicted upon anime fans?

What have you got so far?
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 04:54:26 pm »
And lo, for the original translations of One Piece were utterly bastardised like so much other classic anime.  Yet the sinners repented, and sold to someone who gave a damn and knew the true target audience and age-groups.  (Seriously, in comparison the new dubbings are fantastic... I actually Want to watch one piece again.)

That kind of wrong on the anime fan?
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 09:13:36 pm »
The only real issue I have with anime vs sosciety is the whole biased of
 " Japanese cartoons are perverted, violant and ruining americas youth'.

Counter this with a a clip of EVERYTHING else on adult swim that is actually made BY americans. Then declare that " perverted and violant, is perverted and violant reguardless its country of origion."

Or simply 'stupid as stupid does" 

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 11:29:49 pm »
The only real issue I have with anime vs sosciety is the whole biased of
 " Japanese cartoons are perverted, violant and ruining americas youth'.

Counter this with a a clip of EVERYTHING else on adult swim that is actually made BY americans. Then declare that " perverted and violant, is perverted and violant reguardless its country of origion."

Or simply 'stupid as stupid does" 
Why limit your self to just animation.  Take a look at the Rest of our culture.  Our movies, our political systems, and what routinely shows up on the news.

Speaking of schools, What's the difference between public school and jail?  The inmates get more free meals in jail, oh and time off for good behavior.
---
Staff 2007-2010

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 04:55:23 pm »
ok this is what i turned in, i did run out of time to add the other objectives and responses
decleration of a cosplayer
he is judged for the worship of pocky

they are frowned upon for glomping

they are told to put some clothes on if they are fat.

they are told the obnoxius and loud is rude.

therefore cosplayers should be allowed to make clubs souly devfoted to pocky, and worship it. Man Rae has the right to walk around. glomping should not be considered sexual harassment, but a friendly jumping hug. and no one should be judged for how loud they are becuase its normal and not weird for them to ast that way. In conclusion cosplayers can "cosplay" anytime of the year its not a halloween thing.

so i basically think i wrote it better on here then for the assignment. luckily for me i was the first person/group that did the format currectly, and the teacher did not know much about cosplaying so extra kudos on that for me yay.
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")