Author Topic: Bylaws!  (Read 13557 times)

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
Re: Bylaws!
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2008, 04:43:52 am »
Lacking other input to my version of the Bylaws, I hit up that lovely ORS65 document and spent a few hours reading it and making my head explode.  However I made sure to mark the interesting sections I saw through the haze of pain, and later revised my bylaws to incorporate compliance for them, and a few of the better ideas they seemed to suggest.

I think these are nearing a finished version.  What I need help with most are all the FIXMEs left in there, as well as the whole of the descriptions for elected positions in general.  Since I already had a thread dedicated to that I thought I could collect a bit more input there first and see about getting a good solid description in place.

Everyone, please actually read this version.  If I don't get any further input or review I fear there may be inadequates left when I make a motion for the bylaws committee to officially review and comment publicly on my draft.
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2008, 11:41:45 pm »
So far no one has replied publicly about this, however I did get two general replies via gmail-chat.

I think I've gotten to the point of correctly addressing many of the shortcomings of our current bylaws, but it seems to be at a cost.  I thought ORS65 was too big (it's 70 pages, at least 30 of which don't even cover us, but instead repeat the same stuff with subtle differences for foreign based entities.), but it seems that even my own far shorter specific version is still too big (about 13 pages).

Over the next two weeks I'm planning to release one or two versions a week, somewhere within that time I will reach a version that I feel is worthy for replacing the truly lacking bylaws we have now.

That is why at tomorrow's board meeting I will make a motion about this.  I'm crafting the wording for that next.  However I ask you all to help me make sure that these unofficial-draft bylaws incorporate ideas you can stand behind.  I want a healthy, capitalistic, competition, to find the most worthy set of drafts, or better yet, for many strong contenders to cross and merge in to a nearly perfect combination.

The main thrust of my future revisions will be separating things out in to core bylaws, and various sets of procedural level-bylaws.  Though all will still be 'the bylaws', merely in different documents for ease of reading.
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)

Offline staze

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://www.staze.org/
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2008, 11:59:51 pm »
That is why at tomorrow's board meeting I will make a motion about this. 

There is no board meeting tomorrow.
-Staze
Founding Member, Altonimbus Entertainment
"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2008, 01:20:11 am »
Sorry, Slightly sleepy, I'm in the middle of adjusting back to day-shift for this 'weekend' (relative to my shift.).  It's obvious I wanted to say Membership meeting.
---
Staff 2007-2010

Offline staze

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://www.staze.org/
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2008, 01:24:24 am »
my apologies if it was obvious.
-Staze
Founding Member, Altonimbus Entertainment
"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"