Author Topic: Chibi Chibi Con weekend of Mar. 1-2 - Kumoricon volunteers?  (Read 2707 times)

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
Chibi Chibi Con weekend of Mar. 1-2 - Kumoricon volunteers?
« on: February 21, 2008, 10:49:06 pm »
The 7th annual Chibi Chibi Con is being held in Olympia, WA the weekend of March 1-2.

http://chibichibicon.wordpress.com/

"Every year, the Giant Robot Appreciation Society (GRAS), with assistance from the Evergreen Gaming Guild and the Student Video Gamers Association, holds an anime convention open free to students, staff, faculty and the community. Attending anime conventions is often one of the only ways a fan has to meet like-minded individuals and share ideas, experiences and even various talents. Most conventions have over 2,000 attendees and charge high entrance fees. ChibiChibi Con is unique in that it is deliberately kept a small, local convention. In asking for donations rather than a large entrance fee, we keep our event unique and accessible to everyone.

This year will be our 7th convention, making our event the longest running annual event held by a student group.

ChibiChibi Con is a two-day event, featuring anime and film showings, cultural and educational panels, costume contests, karaoke, an artist’s alley where independent student artists are encouraged to circulate their own comics and other items, various kinds of gaming rooms, and several large events such as our Saturday night anime-themed dance and a talent show. The whole convention is run by club members and volunteers, from start to finish. Each year, we have attendees from all over Washington State, and it is an event anticipated by students and community members alike. Already, the interest in this year’s event has been significant.
"

Kumoricon has the opportunity to host a promotional table there. Are there volunteers or staff who are interested in going to help out? We'd like to arrange a group who can show up to represent us there! This would be our second year in attendance. Please post or email publicity@kumoricon.org if you're interested!

Even if you aren't able to commit to any assistance or aren't sure of your plans, if you might be showing up, feel free to post here to help spread the word. :)
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: Chibi Chibi Con weekend of Mar. 1-2 - Kumoricon volunteers?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 07:27:08 am »
I helped out last year and I would love to go back and help man the table again! I really loved the atmosphere and the time I spent there helping out, so you can count me in. I just need a ride....I can't drive, heh.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 08:13:01 am »
why do we even need a volunteer manager this year? :-\
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 01:17:48 am »
I'm going, but I'm already voluenteering at the Fan Creation Station!

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 09:54:53 am »
hmm, I might be willing to go it might be looking into asking for a night off next week.
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 11:33:10 am »
As Blackjack mentioned, we are having a Creation Station at Chibi Chibi. Feel free to drop of KC promo materials there :)
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Mr_Phelps

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 09:33:53 pm »
I'm going up for a day on Saturday.  Is there anyone who needs a ride to go up and then come back to Portland that night?
Avatar is "Othar Tryggvassen" from GirlGeniusOnline.net

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 10:40:04 pm »
We've accepted the table offer with Chibi Chibi (wanted to check to be sure we had people who could go first). Jaz, didn't mean to skip over you, I just needed to get a quick check on the level of interest. Feel free to ask any volunteers you have contact with to check if more people can go!

It looks like we have Mike going on Saturday so tentatively we will only host a table for the first day.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 08:42:29 am »
I've sent it
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Simon Young

• Chibi
    • The Slants
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 08:03:38 am »
I'll be there for a little; we have a show the night before in Seattle and are stopping by on the way back to donate some prizes and things.

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl